Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

How is Mario Tennis?

This is my question as well. Mario Tennis for N64 remains my all time favorite sports game but I am on the fence about buying it for 3ds.

Really enjoying my new 3ds Xl though, even if I did drop it on the pavement a day after I bought it :( . I bought Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Mario Kart and have played them all about equally. Well almost equally, my girlfriend keeps stealing Animal Crossing from me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

How is Mario Tennis? Is it a cool pseudo-RPG like the old GBC version?

Nope, it's very lacking in content. Unless you can get it for like $10 don't bother.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

DQ7 is slow and terrible anyway.
Remake 3.

The things I would do for this.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm excited to play DQ7 again, it's one of the main reasons I bought a 3Ds.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, have some Amazon links I shamelessly lifted from tinycart:

Kid Icarus Uprising - $31.59
Paper Mario Sticker Star - $29.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity - $29.99
Super Mario 3D Land - $29.99
Fire Emblem Awakening - $29.98
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - $29.98
Mario Kart 7 - $29.98
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - $29.98
Etrian Odyssey 4 - $29.96
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Soul Hackers - $29.69
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - $25.99
Style Savvy Trendsetters - $16.96

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
I'm sorry if this was covered before but is there anyway to get Club Nintendo coins retroactively?
I haven't registered my 3dsxl or any games yet because I'm waiting for July 1st to happen so I can try for Plat. If I buy games from the e-shop can I get points for them later or would I be out of luck? I'd like to have Fire Emblem on my system but I'd really like the coins for it.

Edit: WEEEELP. Maybe I'll just buy the cart since it's on sale.
Yeah, gonna be picking up Fire Emblem and Style Savvy, I guess. I hope Style Savvy is fun.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 16, 2013

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I caved and bought a 3DS XL. The two games I'm looking forward to (Ace Attorney 5 and Zelda: LTTP2) aren't even out yet. :negative:

On the bright side, I got it for $25 off from Best Buy, so I guess there's that.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

BambooEarpick posted:

I hope Style Savvy is fun.
I've never played it, but I think I remember some goons saying that it's actually pretty good for a game that's geared towards teenage girls (which is usually something you'd normally associate with shovelware).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I haven't played the 3DS version yet, might have to now at that price, but its actually a pretty hardcore business management simulation. Its all about stocking merchandise to keep up with market trends and identifying the needs of your clientele. Yes, you do dress up anime girls in the process.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just bought Oracle of Seasons and the download got stuck 3/4s of the way through and won't complete now. I clicked download later but that didn't do anything either and now its just stuck downloading. What can I do I don't know what happened?

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

PonchAxis posted:

I just bought Oracle of Seasons and the download got stuck 3/4s of the way through and won't complete now. I clicked download later but that didn't do anything either and now its just stuck downloading. What can I do I don't know what happened?

Reboot the 3DS (hold the power button to force it to shut down if you can't access the 'power off' menu for whatever reason.) My console locked up mid-Mario Kart download and that got everything working for me.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
edit: actually rebooting is probably best

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 16, 2013

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BambooEarpick posted:

I hope Style Savvy is fun.
It's actually quite fun. The only problem I've had with it so far is that even though it says there is men's fashions on the cover, you still have to play as a female avatar and run a female exclusive clothing shop for a while before men's fashions unlock. It's got a lot of business management in it as well. You are stuck with your inventory until you sell it or trash it(losing the money you invested.)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Strange Quark posted:

Is there a list of all the regions covered by each region lock, i.e. what regions you could set under a particular region's settings? In Taiwan, I've gotten two tags from Japan and one from Taiwan (which Streetpass Plaza didn't have a map for :lol:). I'm guessing both of those would fall under a Japanese 3DS?

I've had my 3DS for months and have only ever gotten two Taiwan Streetpasses in Taipei. I have dozens of Japanese ones though. Either no one is setting it up here, or no one is buying them. Most people on the MRT seem to be too in love with their goddamn smart phones to bother with an actual console, though I do see the occasional PSP.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
I've gotten exactly zero Streetpasses here in Washington, DC. It doesn't even register as a useful feature to me; I'd seen one 3DS in my lifetime prior to buying mine and it was not in the wild. Do you all find yourselves getting many? Where?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Are you sure you turned on streetpass in your mii plaza etc? I live in a middle sized city in germany and get street passes on a fairly regular basis. I usually get the most near the central train station here, got someone from australia yesterday.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've gotten exactly zero Streetpasses here in Washington, DC. It doesn't even register as a useful feature to me; I'd seen one 3DS in my lifetime prior to buying mine and it was not in the wild. Do you all find yourselves getting many? Where?

I live in Fairfax and have the same problem. After wandering around the city, metro, Dulles International and some malls, I have 20 unique streetpasses, some of which are Nintendo's dudes.

Streets Ahead
Oct 21, 2010

cool cool cool

It might just depend on the types of places you go. Last semester at school I'd routinely get 3-5 on a walk around campus, but out in the suburbs they're pretty hard to come by unless you're a creeper who hangs out around elementary schools.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I only ever get them when I go travelling, and even spending like half my day in an airport passing by thousands of people, I might get 2.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Streetpass w/Spotpass is so great for Animal Crossing, in just a few days here in Japan I've gotten a couple dozen houses to show up in my HHA (or whatever it's called). Some girl I crossed yesterday had this creepy Silent Hill-style hospital room, with dilapidated walls/floors and bizarre knick knacks. I didn't even realize it was possible to do something like that in-game.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Ok, so I got a 3DS back at launch and downloaded all the ambassador stuff. I've had a 3DSXL since whenever it came out and never did a system trasfer and kind of just put the original 3DS away.

Now that I've been using my XL a lot more, I figured that I should transfer all that stuff over and just get it done. The thing is that I've got like 60 friends now for Animal Crossing and I don't want to lose my friends list or any of the games I've downloaded for my XL.

What should I be aware of during this process? Should I just not bother?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

petewhitley posted:

Streetpass w/Spotpass is so great for Animal Crossing, in just a few days here in Japan I've gotten a couple dozen houses to show up in my HHA (or whatever it's called). Some girl I crossed yesterday had this creepy Silent Hill-style hospital room, with dilapidated walls/floors and bizarre knick knacks. I didn't even realize it was possible to do something like that in-game.

Could you take a picture of it (L+R, in-game).

I'm interested in how it actually looks. (the Silent Hill-style room, that is).

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I work at a mall, with a couple of stores that appeal to kids, so if I bring my 3DS to work, I'll generally get 3-4. And apparently there's someone who lives very, very near me with a 3DS, because I've picked him up 6 times now, which helped incredibly to finally beat Find Mii for the second time. now on to Find Mii 2!

Also, Picross e is now on the NA eShop. I bought it!

I also beat it! It's long, but I just powered through because I missed having picross puzzles that I'd never solved before.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

petewhitley posted:

You're also in japan where people actually bring their 3DSs and use them, unlike american sans conventions.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

General Morden posted:

Could you take a picture of it (L+R, in-game).

I'm interested in how it actually looks. (the Silent Hill-style room, that is).

Sure, when I get home tonight. The home showcases are brutal because you see all this incredible swag you absolutely must have, buy it at a premium, and then realize you have absolutely no where to put it in your tiny one-room shack. It's even worse when you see amazing poo poo that's not even for sale, another room in one of those houses is made up like the inside of a goddamn 7/11.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
The graphics in the upcoming Smash Bros. are shaping up to be a disappointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351CO5_8fbM

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

petewhitley posted:

Sure, when I get home tonight. The home showcases are brutal because you see all this incredible swag you absolutely must have, buy it at a premium, and then realize you have absolutely no where to put it in your tiny one-room shack. It's even worse when you see amazing poo poo that's not even for sale, another room in one of those houses is made up like the inside of a goddamn 7/11.

And then you realize that there are actual 7/11 items for animal crossing if you live in japan.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

:smugdog:
I work at a theme park. I get about 8 passes a day.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Flying Milton posted:

:smugdog:
I work at a theme park. I get about 8 passes a day.

I really need to take mine to Disney sometime.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

GreenBuckanneer posted:

And then you realize that there are actual 7/11 items for animal crossing if you live in japan.

Yeah that's what I mean, the house has literally 7/11 stuff. I live in Japan.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

petewhitley posted:

Yeah that's what I mean, the house has literally 7/11 stuff. I live in Japan.

I wonder if you could trade 7/11 stuff to a US game, I mean they couldn't just dummy it out, could they?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I wonder if you could trade 7/11 stuff to a US game, I mean they couldn't just dummy it out, could they?

I don't know much about Animal Crossing to be honest, but I do know that you can't buy that stuff from the showcase houses. Those items showed up as unavailable to purchase.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The best place for street passes I've ever seen was E3, for obvious reasons. My friend who had his last year was finishing 3 or 4 puzzles per day.

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-

sm00th posted:

Apparently you get a MH3U recommendation code even if you get it for free from "so many games" promotion. So if there is anyone from EU with freshly registered 3ds, here's another monster hunter code for grabs:
:siren:D95fsccFVCOP49qdPybFGahV:siren:

Thanks for this, I finally got round to registering for Club Nintendo after getting the 3DS XL a couple of days ago.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I had to go to two different target stores (phoenix east valley) and got 3 street passes. Prior to that I was at the Best Buy Nintendo experience and got ~50.

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001
I got 41 at the Best Buy Nintendo experience before the social anxiety started creeping up and I left. I didn't even get to play and I really wanted one of those coins. :(

As for street passes out in the suburbs, though, I live in Arlington, TX (suburb between Dallas and Forth Worth) and I get a street pass every now and then. I've gotten 6 just while I'm at home, though, and they're always from someone new. I don't even live by a school either, so I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not complaining. Sometimes when I'm jonesing for a street pass, I'll hit up a GameStop and clear their demo's Mii Plaza to get it to street pass me.

sm00th
Jan 5, 2013

TerryCheesecake posted:

Thanks for this, I finally got round to registering for Club Nintendo after getting the 3DS XL a couple of days ago.
You are welcome. Glad someone picked this up. You really need to shove free games down people's throats these days.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Most street passes I've gotten at once was 6, at a beach air show on Memorial Day. Usually I'll get one from walking through stores. Restaurants usually get me 1 or 2. When does the relay station thing start? Is there an update to the 3DS itself that will enable it?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

mutata posted:

The best place for street passes I've ever seen was E3, for obvious reasons. My friend who had his last year was finishing 3 or 4 puzzles per day.

MLG events were similarly rewarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hawkgirl posted:

MLG events were similarly rewarding.

Pax east is ridiculous. Especially on Friday and Saturday, you can sit and not be able to clear out your queue for hours.

I have every puzzle complete except animal crossing and rolling western after pax. Also I have 1260 people in my plaza.

Total non pax passes? Maybe 5 not including Nintendo special mii's.

• Locked thread