Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

According to Disney War, Duff's downfall was largely the result of her overbearing stage mom loving around with Disney execs and generally being a horrible leech until they got fed up with her bullshit, fired Duff, and made Kim Possible because it was easier to control (and replace) an animated character than an actual human.

She was already in her 20s by then anyway, no? She probably had like a year left at best.

sbaldrick posted:

Hilary Duff did the right thing and married a hockey playing Canadian millionaire and gave him a blowjob on a hotel balcony.

Not so much on the hockey playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Here is the poster for The Grabbers....

And the synopsis: "When an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive."

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

sexy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Now that's how you do a poster! :D

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I can smell the rich mahogany already!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Canned Panda posted:

And the synopsis: "When an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive."

Grabbers is already out on DVD/BD in the UK. I strongly recommend it to everyone. A better synopsis would be "Tremors in Ireland, in all the good ways".

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Jedit posted:

Grabbers is already out on DVD/BD in the UK. I strongly recommend it to everyone. A better synopsis would be "Tremors in Ireland, in all the good ways".

Yeah, the poster is crap, but the movie was a lot of fun.

Also that Anchorman poster is genius. That's legitimately all they needed to put on a poster for an Anchorman sequel.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I love that poster. It's original.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Canned Panda posted:

Man they really explain the gently caress out of that joke.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

penismightier posted:

Man they really explain the gently caress out of that joke.

It's not really a very subtle movie.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

:allears: I love this so much. Got me even more hyped for the movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The poster for the Butler is making me think that maybe more interesting then the horrendous trailer makes it look:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
The only thing separating that from "LOL look at this lovely minimalist poster" is the amount of text.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

axleblaze posted:

The poster for the Butler is making me think that maybe more interesting then the horrendous trailer makes it look:

Wow, had I known that half of these people were on it, I would've tried to have been an extra / stand-in when they were filming near here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

Wow, had I known that half of these people were on it, I would've tried to have been an extra / stand-in when they were filming near here.

If it's a white male actor, chances are they are playing a real-life American president. Yes, Robin Williams too. Jane Fona is playing Nancy Reagan.

Edit:
I checked the cast list. Alan Rickman is Ronald Reagan, Robin Williams is Eisenhower, Liev Schreiber is LBJ, Marsden is JFK, and Cusack is Nixon.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 19, 2013

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

The only thing separating that from "LOL look at this lovely minimalist poster" is the amount of text.

Not really? I mean it has the minimalist style but it seems to be trying to say something with it rather than just using it to take a random element from the film and define that as the film itself. I mean, I don't think there's much wrong with the minimalist style in and of itself, it's that it's usually done really lazily and in ways that think they are way more clever and meaningful then they actually are.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

zenintrude posted:

I can smell the rich mahogany already!

It's quite pungent.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So are people optimistic about Anchorman 2? That kind of surprises me.

That is a really good poster, I will admit.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Slate Action posted:

Any reason not to be?

If this turkey tastes half as good as it looks, we're all in for a real treat!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

axleblaze posted:

I'm stealing this joke from the Greenlighted thread, but once again Allan Rickman is typecast as a villain.

(Alan Rickman and Jane Fonda as the Reagens is the greatest presidential casting since forever)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Slate Action posted:

Looks good to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elczv0ghqw0

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Have a way better Grabber poster than the one that was just posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The cast is incredible:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229340/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Read the first 20 names and pick out one that's unknown :wtc:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BonoMan posted:

Any reason not to be?

Because Anchorman was poo poo?

Seriously, I think Will Ferrell is the 100% successful product of the Chevy Chase cloning program.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jedit posted:

Seriously, I think Will Ferrell is the 100% successful product of the Chevy Chase cloning program.

Hey, why don't you go fly a kite, mister.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Butler seriously looks like one of those movie-within-a-movies where they make faux Oscar winning movies that are intentionally so loving saccharine and hokey.

Also Will Ferrel has never made me laugh in anything I've seen him in.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

well I think you're poo poo, so there :colbert:

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
I thought Will Ferrell was good in Everything Must Go, but his comedy is pretty obnoxious. He's like an older Dane Cook to me.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Suicide Pacmen posted:

I thought Will Ferrell was good in Everything Must Go, but his comedy is pretty obnoxious. He's like an older Dane Cook to me.
I like his more "serious" or straight man roles like in Stranger Than Fiction, same with Steve Carell, but I can't stand one second of their comedies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Add me to the never found Ferrell funny club. Ever since SNL I've just found him obnoxious and loud, and his entire shtick is just "LOL RANDOM" style humor. He also plays the same character in every comedy he's in, and it wasn't funny the first time, and it's especially not funny the tenth.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Add me to the never found Ferrell funny club. Ever since SNL I've just found him obnoxious and loud, and his entire shtick is just "LOL RANDOM" style humor. He also plays the same character in every comedy he's in, and it wasn't funny the first time, and it's especially not funny the tenth.

Agree on Ferrell in anything that isn't Anchorman. But Anchorman is a masterpiece.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Will Ferrell's best role is Mugatu in Zoolander :colbert:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cacator posted:

Will Ferrell's best role is Mugatu in Zoolander :colbert:

How can anyone not love the intense exchange of glances between Mugatu and Todd after the foamy latte incident?

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
Hey everyone! Come and see how good this looks!

Man, loads of people don't like Will Ferrell I guess. He's made some stinkers for sure but I think this will be good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How can anyone not love the intense exchange of glances between Mugatu and Todd after the foamy latte incident?

I'm indifferent to the movie, but I love that scene so much.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

That dinner scene with the black family looks like the most painful thing to sit through, but some of it looks pretty good. I'm glad its set in the 80s and not in the modern day.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Stare-Out posted:

I like his more "serious" or straight man roles like in Stranger Than Fiction, same with Steve Carell, but I can't stand one second of their comedies.

I'm always surprised that seemingly no one has seen Winter Passing. I really like his role in that movie.

Kieselguhr Kid
May 16, 2010

WHY USE ONE WORD WHEN SIX FUCKING PARAGRAPHS WILL DO?

(If this post doesn't passive-aggressively lash out at one of the women in Auspol please send the police to do a welfare check.)

axleblaze posted:

This looks like the most milquetoast liberal film ever. If SMG watches this, the resulting matter/anti-matter explosion will level most of North America.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Red Bones posted:

That dinner scene with the black family looks like the most painful thing to sit through, but some of it looks pretty good. I'm glad its set in the 80s and not in the modern day.

Do you not read Jheri Curl Daily either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Someone did say John Cusack is playing Nixon, right?

If I watch that movie I might have to burn every Cusack movie I own. That is beyond his ability.