Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Z3n posted:

The idea that a ninja 500 is built to the "ragged edge of performance" is loving hilarious. The reason that the ninja 500 makes more HP is because it's watercooled, with the associated better design and tolerances as a result.

Okay, my odd phrasing; not in terms of it being a crazy fast bike, but being that it's an engine design where they took an earlier variant and just milked more power out of it rather than upscaling the engine. There's a guy on the EX500 forum who's been working with Ninja 500s for whatever race class since they first came out, and helped consult on the 1994 redesign, and he's adamant that "there are no more ponies to be found in this engine, don't bother trying to get more power out of it."

In any case, I've at pretty much the same dilemma I dealt with 18 months ago when I bought my now-torched bike: vacillating between Ninja 500, GS500, SV650, and occasionally glancing at things like the FZ6, Ninja 650 (naked ER-6).

The main things I'm torn between at the moment are SV650 since it seems to be a bike that everyone seems to amiably is just generally good. One of my few concerns is that it's apparently a bit on the wide side (as is the GS500) while the Ninja 500 is narrower. I'm not sure if it's really enough to effect how I feel sitting on it, but I did find the ER-6 reasonably comfy and that's kind of narrow. The other upside of getting a Ninja 500 is that some of the upgraded parts I bought for my beater '91 before it got torched would fit on a newer Ninja so I'd get at least some use out of them.

There's a GS00E for $1100 on Craigslist with 15k miles and looks clean, though with mileage that low the bike probably sat around doing nothing for long stretches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
It being at that point doesn't come with any real concerns of reliability, which is the usual thing to be concerned about. Honestly, for street use, if you want more power just buy a bigger bike. You'll learn to handle the seat heights, I wouldn't worry about that overmuch.

That's a good deal on a gs500.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Is this a good deal for a GS1100e?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3844924183.html

Seems like it's been cared for by a pretty spergy owner so that's a plus.

I'm hoping Neroboro will chime in :)

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

That's actually a good reminder; another utilitarian/"messenger" bike. My vague impression from my old research was that the stock Ninja 500 has better numbers (50 vs 40hp?), but the Ninja is built pretty much to the ragged edge of capacity, while the GS is pretty heavily restricted and perks up a lot with rejetting and aftermarket exhaust. I also like the fact that the GS comes naked, whereas my project to streetfighter my EX just dawdled on forever because I'm really just not very mechanical beyond basic maintenance.

As cool as the Ducati Monster is, even a 2000ish 600/620 would run me at least $3k, high maintenance, and a theft-worthy brand-name. Great looking though.

http://smd.craigslist.org/mcy/3806806174.html

This one looks pretty cool, clubmans bar-ends (both of which I'd possibly have bought anyway), new brakes and tires, rejetted, K&N filter, etc. No mention of mileage, but the main downside is the guy is almost an hour away from even the nearest subway station, and I have no car, so might take some convincing to get him to come to me or a friend to drive me down. Might call him to get some more details, but $1600 for a 2002 in proper upkeep sounds not terrible (KBB says $1,535 dealer retail). I dunno, maybe strongarm the guy into meeting me at the closest suburban Metro station if he's so hurried to sell?

Why does this bike have no front fender or tailsection?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Dzus posted:

Why does this bike have no front fender or tailsection?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetfighter

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Any opinions on the Triumph Street Triple R? I have someone that wants to buy my SV650 and I was looking at a newer model Street Triple R with ABS to replace the SV.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

DJCobol posted:

Any opinions on the Triumph Street Triple R? I have someone that wants to buy my SV650 and I was looking at a newer model Street Triple R with ABS to replace the SV.

Awesome, awesome bike. Go test drive one and you'll be sold. It's so light and easy and fun! I'm actually getting mine tomorrow, can't wait :)

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Both examples on the page have a front fender and tailsection. :v:

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Any recommendations on bikes that have ABS with a low CC that can handle 70-80 on freeways? I was thinking about the Honda700, but for some reason DCT just seems boring to me.

I guess I could add decent on the occasional passenger and rides well as a commuter.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 18, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Texibus posted:

Any recommendations on bikes that have ABS with a low CC that can handle 70-80 on freeways? I was thinking about the Honda700, but for some reason DCT just seems boring to me.

SV650 ABS
F800GS/S/ST ABS
There's the assortment of supersports that come with ABS as well. CBR600 ABS, ZX6R, 848, etc.

Here's a handy list of the newer bikes that come with ABS.
http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2012/04/guide-to-the-2012-motorcycles-and-scooters-with-abs.html

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

DJCobol posted:

I do love mine. Bigger throttle tube is a must, but other than that it's super light, has good punch, a unique sound and is fun to ride.

The bad is the stock seat takes some breaking in/getting used to, and aftermarket parts are ridiculously expensive. Also terrible lock-to-lock.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Texibus posted:

Only the D variants of the NC700 has DCT so you can get one with a normal gearbox as well. The NC700SA is the regular version with ABS. There's also the 700XA which is the same but more dual sport styled.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 18, 2013

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I'm looking to buy my first bike sometime this month. I'm currently looking at both the CBR250R and the Ninja 250. I went to a dealership today to take a look at both. The CBR felt much more comfortable and I liked the aesthetics much more as well. I have a few questions that the dealer didn't really answer for me though. First, I've heard that the CBR has vibration issues once you get into the 7k rpm range and that it has difficulty passing cars on the freeway. Has anyone had a similar experience? Also how important is getting ABS?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Why not the ninja 300?

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm looking to buy my first bike sometime this month. I'm currently looking at both the CBR250R and the Ninja 250. I went to a dealership today to take a look at both. The CBR felt much more comfortable and I liked the aesthetics much more as well. I have a few questions that the dealer didn't really answer for me though. First, I've heard that the CBR has vibration issues once you get into the 7k rpm range and that it has difficulty passing cars on the freeway. Has anyone had a similar experience? Also how important is getting ABS?

I ride a CBR250R.

Yeah, the CBR is pretty buzzy when you crank it out, but it's hardly crippling. I've done some decent distances at highway speeds (Sydney to Melbourne, etc) on mine, which can translate to hours at 8k revs if you're not too worried about the constablary. I needed to shake out some vibration induced cramps in my hands after a few hours, but it wasn't the end of the world. And for commuting or general riding, I think it's a non-issue.

Passing cars on the freeway is doable, but you'll have to wait for a decent straight and tuck behind the windscreen.

As for ABS, mine's got it, and it's kicked in maybe once or twice. But those times were in my first few weeks when I had zero experience and may or may not have dumped the bike if it wasn't there. It's a nice thing to have.

---

Since you're looking ... you're not Australian by any chance are you? I'm considering selling my CBR to help finance a trip.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

prukinski posted:

I ride a CBR250R.

Yeah, the CBR is pretty buzzy when you crank it out, but it's hardly crippling. I've done some decent distances at highway speeds (Sydney to Melbourne, etc) on mine, which can translate to hours at 8k revs if you're not too worried about the constablary. I needed to shake out some vibration induced cramps in my hands after a few hours, but it wasn't the end of the world. And for commuting or general riding, I think it's a non-issue.

Passing cars on the freeway is doable, but you'll have to wait for a decent straight and tuck behind the windscreen.

As for ABS, mine's got it, and it's kicked in maybe once or twice. But those times were in my first few weeks when I had zero experience and may or may not have dumped the bike if it wasn't there. It's a nice thing to have.

---

Since you're looking ... you're not Australian by any chance are you? I'm considering selling my CBR to help finance a trip.

I'm in the US unfortunately. And I wanted to check out the 300 but the shop I was at didn't have any in stock. Is it a similar feel to the 250? because I didn't find the 250 very comfortable. I'm mostly just looking for a fun and safe bike to commute in the city with as well has have fun on windy backroads. I'm also trying to keep the price under 5k out the door if possible. But I would be willing to compromise if the bike is really that much better.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 19, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Why aren't you looking at used bikes?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Why aren't you looking at used bikes?

There aren't any used CBRs in my area. There are Ninjas but as I said I didn't really dig them. Also it seems that the Ninjas retain their value pretty well because all the used ones I see on craigslist are only about $600-$700 less than a new one.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 19, 2013

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

ReelBigLizard posted:

Yup, that's a black engine 640, the stock clutch bearings are made of cheese and rocks. Make sure they've been checked/replaced, if so, go for it. It's a cracking bike, just expect more vibes and smaller intervals than a KLR or whatever (in exchange for more wheelies and brap).

I finally got over to see the bike today. It is a bit of a train wreck visually. Has a rattle can paint job on the tank (no masking so over-spray everywhere), home hung panniers (pelican brand) that don't open all the way when the top box is on, steering damper which looks crappy but I guess is an upgrade, ugly bolt on lights (headlights and turn indicators), leaky petcock, ratty kickstand, and more. On the other hand it's only got 9k miles, and they told me a mechanic cracked a head by over tightening so the top end was totally rebuilt less than 1k ago (I saw the paperwork, the rebuild didn't include the lovely bearing), it has stainless brake lines, and a bunch of other random upgrades. It'd be my first real bike so I might drop it so it'd be nice not to care!?!

They say they have to get $3,350 (out the door) to cover their costs, but they'll throw in a basic helmet, a pair of gloves, and free MSF course. I was going to spend $225 on the course, and buy a helmet and gloves anyway.

Is this a decent deal? According to this: http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2002/KTM/640-LC4-ADVENTURE-625cc/Values I'd be getting hosed with my pants on, it looks awful but then again it's only got 9k miles.

Stitecin fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 19, 2013

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Stitecin posted:

I finally got over to see the bike today. It is a bit of a train wreck visually. Has a rattle can paint job on the tank (no masking so over-spray everywhere), home hung panniers (pelican brand) that don't open all the way when the top box is on, steering damper which looks crappy but I guess is an upgrade, ugly bolt on lights (headlights and turn indicators), leaky petcock, ratty kickstand, and more. On the other hand it's only got 9k miles, and they told me a mechanic cracked a head by over tightening so the top end was totally rebuilt less than 1k ago (I saw the paperwork, the rebuild didn't include the lovely bearing), it has stainless brake lines, and a bunch of other random upgrades. It'd be my first real bike so I might drop it so it'd be nice not to care!?!

They say they have to get $3,350 (out the door) to cover their costs, but they'll throw in a basic helmet, a pair of gloves, and free MSF course. I was going to spend $225 on the course, and buy a helmet and gloves anyway.

Is this a decent deal? According to this: http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2002/KTM/640-LC4-ADVENTURE-625cc/Values I'd be getting hosed with my pants on, it looks awful but then again it's only got 9k miles.

It's definitely in the "danger years" for the bearing issue (<=2003), but if it has had frequent oil changes then it should be fine, especially as it has made it to 9k already. Do you know if it was a full rebuild or just the top end? If it was a proper rebuild the mechanic would have looked at the play in the bearings.

I'd have a good look around and see if there is anything else that has popped up for sale like decent KLRs and such. If not, offer them 3k cash for the bike, with the MSF and lid and on the condition that they pop the clutch cover off and check the play in the clutch bearing, with you there. If they say no, give them your number and tell them to call if they change their mind (they will). They're clearly motivated to sell, the cosmetic issues are probably scaring people off.

The good thing about bad rattle-can painting is that it will often come off with a stiff brush, as the surface was almost definitely not cleaned or prepped in any way.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 19, 2013

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm in the US unfortunately. And I wanted to check out the 300 but the shop I was at didn't have any in stock. Is it a similar feel to the 250? because I didn't find the 250 very comfortable. I'm mostly just looking for a fun and safe bike to commute in the city with as well has have fun on windy backroads. I'm also trying to keep the price under 5k out the door if possible. But I would be willing to compromise if the bike is really that much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqtvNfkS-ZI

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

High Protein posted:

Buell advice:

thanks for the write-up :) this just popped up: http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/3880614663.html

Is that a good price? I remember helping a friend hack his boss' asking price down by 1/3 for his Lightning - that was right after Harley announced the demise of Buell.

Isn't the "warm it up before you abuse it" thing applicable to all motorcycles?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

And it's happened...Buell owners have totally jumped the shark and now their bikes are rare and exotic and are asking 2x what theyre worth hoping some sucker will buy them. Never mind there's effectively no dealer support and parts are just going to get harder and harder to come by, and that they were blowing out the newer models for 7.5k for quite awhile....

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

the walkin dude posted:

thanks for the write-up :) this just popped up: http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/3880614663.html

Is that a good price? I remember helping a friend hack his boss' asking price down by 1/3 for his Lightning - that was right after Harley announced the demise of Buell.

Isn't the "warm it up before you abuse it" thing applicable to all motorcycles?

Unfortunately I can't really say anything about that price as I'm in another country. However, a 2009 Lightning Long will usually be about €7500 here, so it seems cheap to me. I don't know if people are asking "2x what theyre worth hoping some sucker will buy them" but here at least, XB Buells have always been relatively expensive; the more modern, better-performing water cooled models are actually cheaper. But then, only few of them were built so parts are more difficult to come by, they're ugly. Also, the Harley engine might have always held Buell back, but for me it's part of the bike's character, if I wanted a water cooled twin I'd get a Super Duke.

That ad mentions the race ECU, but that doesn't really mean anything without another air filter/exhaust. And nowadays all ECUs can be easily reprogrammed with an USB cable.
It also mentions a dented header, that reminds me, these bikes do NOT take well to being dropped. As the frame sticks out so far, those rubber pucks are all that's there to prevent the frame from being dented, there's air scoops sticking out that'll scratch (not that expensive though), the shift shaft can tear out of the casing, and falling on the passenger pegs can crack the subframe where they attach. Just some things to check when inspecting one. As well as the usual scratches on levers/bar ends, if the handlebars are straight, scratches on forks/swingarm/heel guards, etc.

And yes, all bikes should be warmed up, but air cooled machines are more fragile.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Out here at least, the lightnings were starting to drop into the low $3000 range because no one wanted to buy them about 2-3 years ago. Then Buell died, people started selling them STUPID cheap, and now the prices are going up cause ~x*my rare harley*x~.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Z3n posted:

And it's happened...Buell owners have totally jumped the shark

And on the landing, they snap the belt

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Ouch. Well, I'm looking at a '07 Z1k this morning. It has had 1800 miles in six years. That rear end in a top hat. I'll be using that as leverage to negotiate the price down. The tires are stock, as the seller told me.

poo poo that needs to be done on a bike that's been sitting for five years (shop costs?)
  • Oil change = $50
  • Coolant flush = $100 ?
  • Battery replacement = $75
  • Brake fluid = $100 ?
  • Tires = $400
  • ???

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Might need fork seals too. I'd also want to lube all the suspension linkages if it's been stored outside.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Saw the bike. Been stored in a garage all of its life. Pristine, other than fluids (oil is new). Tires are just about starting to crack. Rode excellent. A few scratches on the gas tank from the bulging belly of the corpulent 45-year-old seller. Offered $5,200, got rebuked, negotiated it all toward a final agreement of $5550.

The Zed is coming home with me today :woop: My first literbike! It's gonna be fun as poo poo riding this thing around my city.

I replaced my 636 with the Z1k on my insurance policy under the same terms, and interesting enough, my policy billing dropped by $125.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 20, 2013

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Alright, I've got this drat hunt down for my first bike, which I intend to commute on for the next year to three bikes. I would like for it to do three things: A) be able to handle 75 to 80 mph, while I don't intend on doing this off the bat I'll need a bike that can do that because of expressway use is almost mandatory to get anywhere. B) Handle a passenger comfortably C)It has ABS, I want it for that just in case moment when I grab handful of brake too fast.

So the three bikes I plan on snagging and looking at later today at a dealership are:
1) CBR250 (Am I going to have issues going at 75-80 to comfortably on this?)
2) CB500F(X) (I'm thinking if the cbr can't get it done this is what I'll need for the speed)
3) S V-strom 650 (sort of sold on this one, it's just not a handsome bike.)

If y'all know a bike that competes with those three let me know I'll add it to the short list, otherwise which one would y'all pick? I'm not really willing to go over 8500 out the door either if you're wondering on a budget.

*Also that NC700 with manual trans and ABS is a myth or rare bird to come by, must have called or went to 5 shops and had no luck.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 20, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Texibus posted:

Alright, I've got this drat hunt down for my first bike, which I intend to commute on for the next year to three bikes. I would like for it to do three things: A) be able to handle 75 to 80 mph, while I don't intend on doing this off the bat I'll need a bike that can do that because of expressway use is almost mandatory to get anywhere. B) Handle a passenger comfortably C)It has ABS, I want it for that just in case moment when I grab handful of brake too fast.

So the three bikes I plan on snagging and looking at later today at a dealership are:
1) CBR250 (Am I going to have issues going at 75-80 to comfortably on this?)
2) CB500F(X) (I'm thinking if the cbr can't get it done this is what I'll need for the speed)
3) S V-strom 650 (sort of sold on this one, it's just not a handsome bike.)

If y'all know a bike that competes with those three let me know I'll add it to the short list, otherwise which one would y'all pick? I'm not really willing to go over 8500 out the door either if you're wondering on a budget.

*Also that NC700 with manual trans and ABS is a myth or rare bird to come by, must have called or went to 5 shops and had no luck.

Weetrom is going to be the best at the freeway & passenger requirements. CB500F(X) would be the better choice as a beginner (buying new arguments aside). I'd split between the CB and the WeeStrom depending on what you like better.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

aventari posted:

Is this a good deal for a GS1100e?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3844924183.html

Seems like it's been cared for by a pretty spergy owner so that's a plus.

I'm hoping Neroboro will chime in :)

$2800 seems a fair price. I'd want to see the damage on the tank, and "the better tank." I don't expect you'd have problems. They had the r/r issues settled by then. The brake setup seems unique, I've not seen that before.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

That's actually a good reminder; another utilitarian/"messenger" bike. My vague impression from my old research was that the stock Ninja 500 has better numbers (50 vs 40hp?), but the Ninja is built pretty much to the ragged edge of capacity, while the GS is pretty heavily restricted and perks up a lot with rejetting and aftermarket exhaust. I also like the fact that the GS comes naked, whereas my project to streetfighter my EX just dawdled on forever because I'm really just not very mechanical beyond basic maintenance.

<-- GS fan.

I had nothing against the EX500 until I started watching riders on this forum. It seems the EX500 likes to randomly "do something stupid." Like, refuse to turn, headshake, or other nastiness. Maybe it's just noob riders here, but you don't hear that from people starting on a solid UJM, or one of the other noob bikes.

There's nothing radical, or on the edge, about the EX500 motor. They're solid, and reliable. The reason for the horsepower difference is the vast difference in compression ratio. (The GS500 is 8.5:1 IIRC, and the EX500 is 10.8!) And the GS500 is set up for a wide torque spread, it's got something like 80% of peak torque at 3000rpm, where the EX500 doesn't get there till something like 6000rpm. Neither engine is on the edge of anything.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 20, 2013

Bukanza
Sep 28, 2001
Found a 1998 Nighthawk 750 in good condition but with 33k miles. They're asking $2500, which seems steep given age and mileage.

Is $2k a fair offer?

Bukanza fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 20, 2013

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
That seems about right. The 750 nighthawks have a bit of a following which inflates their price a little. They're sharp as hell, make a fair amount of power, and run forever.

No harm in an offer, but be prepared to end up somewhere in the middle.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Halo_4am posted:

That seems about right. The 750 nighthawks have a bit of a following which inflates their price a little. They're sharp as hell, make a fair amount of power, and run forever.

No harm in an offer, but be prepared to end up somewhere in the middle.

Yep, they're great. I bought my 1991 for $500, spent some money replacing the chain, sprockets and tires. It's now at 49k miles and running beautifully. Going to put another 10k km on it this summer.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's definitely in the "danger years" for the bearing issue (<=2003), but if it has had frequent oil changes then it should be fine, especially as it has made it to 9k already. Do you know if it was a full rebuild or just the top end? If it was a proper rebuild the mechanic would have looked at the play in the bearings.

I'd have a good look around and see if there is anything else that has popped up for sale like decent KLRs and such. If not, offer them 3k cash for the bike, with the MSF and lid and on the condition that they pop the clutch cover off and check the play in the clutch bearing, with you there. If they say no, give them your number and tell them to call if they change their mind (they will). They're clearly motivated to sell, the cosmetic issues are probably scaring people off.

The rebuild was top end only as far as I know. I could call the dealership that did the work to find out, but even if I was standing there when they check the clutch bearing I'm not sure I'd know what I'm looking at. I read the first two pages of this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73558 but if the old bearing is still there how do I know if it has too much play?

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
Just want to say thanks to the guys that replied to my question on that FZ6 ad, the deal didn't work out so I'm still looking.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/3780386702.html

What do you guys think?

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Powerstone posted:

Just want to say thanks to the guys that replied to my question on that FZ6 ad, the deal didn't work out so I'm still looking.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/3780386702.html

What do you guys think?

Try to knock down about 400-500 bucks maybe...looks nice, but "fast, lots of torque" aren't things I'd say about the SV650. Still, the SV is a very good beginner bike.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Nerobro posted:

$2800 seems a fair price. I'd want to see the damage on the tank, and "the better tank." I don't expect you'd have problems. They had the r/r issues settled by then. The brake setup seems unique, I've not seen that before.

Thanks! I'll try and check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Try to knock down about 400-500 bucks maybe...looks nice, but "fast, lots of torque" aren't things I'd say about the SV650. Still, the SV is a very good beginner bike.

Thanks, I'm actually getting it as a second bike, I'm on a 250 rebel right now so pretty much anything will be "lots of torque" for me.