Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Well, I'm bored waiting for EQNext and Planetside isn't doing it for me much any more, so lets give this another go seeing as nobody is using either of my donated accounts any more. Wallace and Harkness to the rescue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
I was shocked that we downed Mag and Garr on the first tries, that was a great run. Geddon dropped Warlock stuff I think? And a crap ring (that was still an upgrade for me!), and Garr dropped an obsidian edged blade and a hunter helm. I think I'm missing a caster dagger in there somewhere too.

Also, do we have any chance of getting that bugged Tranq shot? I know Watcher said he took a video of it not being able to loot properly, should I submit a ticket and see if the GMs actually do a thing?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I took a video of it. I posted the link that officer's can use for submitting the ticket. (if that even works?)

We did a rocking job in Molten Core. I hope we can get Monday rollin' for the continuation raid. :)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
How long do raid bosses stay dead, forever? Or is it like a daily, weekly, biweekly thing?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
Right now we do it Wednesday nights starting at 8PM EST. They last for about 3 hours but hopefully as we progress and gear is better by the participants that time = full clear including Ony Kill.

Also, I posted an Issue Tracker Item about our Molten Core bug: https://github.com/FeenixServerProject/Emerald-Dream-1.12-Issue-tracker/issues/3196

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

speed hump posted:

I was shocked that we downed Mag and Garr on the first tries, that was a great run. Geddon dropped Warlock stuff I think? And a crap ring (that was still an upgrade for me!), and Garr dropped an obsidian edged blade and a hunter helm. I think I'm missing a caster dagger in there somewhere too.

Also, do we have any chance of getting that bugged Tranq shot? I know Watcher said he took a video of it not being able to loot properly, should I submit a ticket and see if the GMs actually do a thing?

Gehennas dropped Sorcerous Dagger, which I won.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

A Tartan Tory posted:

Well, I'm bored waiting for EQNext and Planetside isn't doing it for me much any more, so lets give this another go seeing as nobody is using either of my donated accounts any more. Wallace and Harkness to the rescue!

What classes were your accounts? I want to level my human rogue but I spend so much time in D3 and other stuff I don't have the time for it. At this point I'll take anything to help you guys out raiding.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Don't forget, all of the loot tracking is done on the loot sheets as well.

With 5 bosses down, and our only future concern was really Majordomo. We are confident that in a couple of weeks of this level of attendance and performance, we will be on Rag. We were short on Priests this run, only had 2, one of which was shadow. Still a little short on Hunters, a ton of rogues and mages.

Sulfuron will be a good measure of how capable we will be on Majordomo, which we will be attempting Monday 6/24 5pm PST / 8pm EST.

A major push this weekend will be Onyxia keys. We will be running UBRS and Jailbreak a lot to get as many people keyed as possible. Onyxia is completely do-able with 30 people, and we had 20 on Wednesday ready to go, and people keying up Wednesday night too. We would love to be able to get in, down Onyxia on Monday, get the buff and hit MC and clear it out, so let us know if you are on various parts of the Ony quest and make yourselves available this weekend for running BRD and UBRS a couple of times.

Also, please use the bank. We have tons of blues just sitting there ready to be checked out for people leveling up. Blues of all levels too, weapons and armor.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

What classes were your accounts? I want to level my human rogue but I spend so much time in D3 and other stuff I don't have the time for it. At this point I'll take anything to help you guys out raiding.

Take your pick of a 32 Paladin, 36 Druid or 36 Rogue and you can have it. I just can't stand the thought of them going idle with nobody using them.

I might start again as a warlock, mostly because they are incredibly easy to level.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Noah posted:

Don't forget, all of the loot tracking is done on the loot sheets as well.

With 5 bosses down, and our only future concern was really Majordomo. We are confident that in a couple of weeks of this level of attendance and performance, we will be on Rag. We were short on Priests this run, only had 2, one of which was shadow. Still a little short on Hunters, a ton of rogues and mages.

Sulfuron will be a good measure of how capable we will be on Majordomo, which we will be attempting Monday 6/24 5pm PST / 8pm EST.

A major push this weekend will be Onyxia keys. We will be running UBRS and Jailbreak a lot to get as many people keyed as possible. Onyxia is completely do-able with 30 people, and we had 20 on Wednesday ready to go, and people keying up Wednesday night too. We would love to be able to get in, down Onyxia on Monday, get the buff and hit MC and clear it out, so let us know if you are on various parts of the Ony quest and make yourselves available this weekend for running BRD and UBRS a couple of times.

Also, please use the bank. We have tons of blues just sitting there ready to be checked out for people leveling up. Blues of all levels too, weapons and armor.

Do you think it's worth setting up a "raiding alliance" channel with our partners for those people who want to find groups for attunements or just normal dungeons?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I don't think that would hurt. Just make a letsgetgroups chat channel in wow and use that.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I'd be wholly supportive of the idea. Soloing gets really boring fast.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

A Tartan Tory posted:

Take your pick of a 32 Paladin, 36 Druid or 36 Rogue and you can have it. I just can't stand the thought of them going idle with nobody using them.

I might start again as a warlock, mostly because they are incredibly easy to level.

What race are the rogue and paladin? And are all three on separate accounts?

Billy Elliot fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 20, 2013

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Are warlocks strong against rogues or do I just blow nuts at PVP? I got rolled by a warlock one level below me despite getting the drop on him.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

What race are the rogue and paladin? And are all three on separate accounts?

I meant warrior not rogue, this is what happens when I barely remember stuff.

Warrior is a Nelf, Pally is human. They are on the same account with the druid separate.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Are warlocks strong against rogues or do I just blow nuts at PVP? I got rolled by a warlock one level below me despite getting the drop on him.

I don't know what level you are but at 60 at least you should be able to roll locks pretty easily.

I also made the letsgetgroups channel and informed aftermath and someone in vidya. There weren't any officers on in vidya though so I don't know how many of them will join it.

Apollo_
Jun 21, 2013
Dear internet dragon slaying friends.

I am back and rejoining this server.

Looking forward to destroying pixels with you.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I play warlock and rogue and honestly warlocks are the easiest class for my rogue to beat in pvp if I get the drop on them, as long as you make sure to keep behind the warlock to avoid the death coil they are inevitably spamming. Conversely if you are taken unawares by a warlock at range they will destroy you.

aliasedman
Aug 14, 2011

Started up a dorf priest named Involver. I'll be back on later after some severe weather passes through to play some more and see about getting invited.

I see giving out retired characters/accounts might be a thing? I played a holy priest for 90% of vanilla, but I would be happy to accept any character laying around unused, preferably a priest or a paladin, but it doesn't matter. Just wanna heal it up with you dudes.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

aliasedman posted:

Started up a dorf priest named Involver. I'll be back on later after some severe weather passes through to play some more and see about getting invited.

I see giving out retired characters/accounts might be a thing? I played a holy priest for 90% of vanilla, but I would be happy to accept any character laying around unused, preferably a priest or a paladin, but it doesn't matter. Just wanna heal it up with you dudes.

We have a 60 paladin on a donated account that hasn't been scooped up as I was planning on gearing up the 60 mage (on the same account, unfortunately) as a power leveler for people who needed it to get past the 30s hump (there's a few lovely bugs with kill XP). Perhaps if you can run 2 clients at the same time, you can use the mage to level yourself a new paladin (or your priest if you get holy nova at 20), as the one on the account has a horrible PvP spec (no sanctity aura) and his respec is 20g. If you're definitely looking forward to healing, I'd recommend keeping it up with that priest and you'll be guaranteed a raid spot with dat fear ward. Send me an in-game mail on Humanwarlock if you want to set something up with the mage/paladin account.

Epel-i
Apr 12, 2008
I'll be starting a gnome mage named Epeli early next week once I get done moving. I hope someone still rememebers me playing the ud mage from rebirth.
Does anyone know if the instance reset limit is working on the server?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Epel-i posted:

I'll be starting a gnome mage named Epeli early next week once I get done moving. I hope someone still rememebers me playing the ud mage from rebirth.
Does anyone know if the instance reset limit is working on the server?

Yeah a bunch of people will remember you. There is no instance reset limit currently.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
The guild website is down? I want to read Chickens pro multiboxing guide :(

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Stangg posted:

The guild website is down? I want to read Chickens pro multiboxing guide :(

It's up now

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
Logged back into Greyspectre, my paladin and gabbed a few levels yesterday, to a whopping level 11. The slower pace is almost somewhat relaxing compared to newer MMOs

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
In as ABadDps, the level 16 Retribution paladin with a heart of gold. Can somebody invite me?

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Oh my god I am getting some absurd levels of nostalgia reading this thread. I may not have a computer for a bit still but I am supremely tempted to play some old MMOs with you goons.

Crimson_Phoenix
Jul 26, 2005

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Oh my god I am getting some absurd levels of nostalgia reading this thread. I may not have a computer for a bit still but I am supremely tempted to play some old MMOs with you goons.

Fenri?

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

Mhmm

Hlaoad
Jan 7, 2009
Hey it's Fake Arroyo the 2nd here, I'm travelling all weekend so I can't really get Ony attuned
but I'll be on as early as I can on Monday to try to get Jailbreak finished.
Totally gonna be back in time for MC tho, Wednesday went really well

hell yea

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We could use some help for a Jailbreak run, if anybody sees this in the next few minutes.

Crimson_Phoenix
Jul 26, 2005

lapse posted:

We could use some help for a Jailbreak run, if anybody sees this in the next few minutes.

Whelp, looks like I am stuck on the character select screen. Figures.

Sorry about that everyone.

Crimson_Phoenix fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 24, 2013

Athura
Apr 15, 2008
Sup Goons, just realised that after I got accepted into the guild someone forgot to promote me, so I'm stuck in silent mode.
Anyone around who could promote me? (Mocra, human mage).

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Athura posted:

Sup Goons, just realised that after I got accepted into the guild someone forgot to promote me, so I'm stuck in silent mode.
Anyone around who could promote me? (Mocra, human mage).

You're all set. I'm fairly sure everyone can at least promote up to the trial level, so in the future you can just whisper anyone online in the guild with something goony and ask for a promote.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
In addition, many of the officers make it a point to promote people the moment they log on. This includes new comers to the guild and people who were demoted for comedy reasons/being tools. This can be done even if you are not online. So if you can't speak in guild, just wait a day, and you should be good to go.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
I've got a bunch of work to finish tonight and some family in town, so I may not be able to make it out to raid. I'll try my best to make it out though!

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: 45 minutes until we are going to do Onyxia / MC continuation (Shazz, Golemagg are priority to try) :siren:

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
So do you guys really have a 40 goon raid group going or do you fill out with whoever?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Pretty good run tonight, although it took way too long to get started on stuff.

But once we got going, went well. :siren: Shazzrah and Golemagg down.

Not enough DPS for Onyxia, we needed like 5 more people or something like that.

spacetimecontinuu posted:

So do you guys really have a 40 goon raid group going or do you fill out with whoever?

We have a few other guilds that we have a raid group with.

Most of the raid is us though.

lapse fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollo_
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone else having latency issues? or know of a fix?

i keep pinging between a 400ms and 900ms. It's getting frustrating; i downloaded the patch on page one and deleted my WTF folder - nothing really resolving it - my connection is running between 5 and 7 MBPS so i feel like i should be able to ping around 150.

Any ideas/insights/help?

• Locked thread