Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

If only all those people injured and killed by guns had more guns to kill and injure more people.

Nobody really got a pass on this.

Violent crimes still happen, therefore laws are useless.

Michelle Obama Vacations.

This actually requires some explanation:

So this group:

http://youcanruninternational.com/

Which is an anti-gay, anti-abortion christian youth ministry, did a street-level intercept of this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAR956IzEd8

and after some arguing she got upset and hit someone with her purse?

Which then got reported here, but the comments about what the constitution actually says makes it seem like it's from here.

Liberals are evil for disliking both homophobia and racial slurs. This was probably my favorite one this week.

All in all a decent week in LL101.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Sir Rolo posted:

If only all those people injured and killed by guns had more guns to kill and injure more people.

Nobody really got a pass on this.

Michelle Obama Vacations.

This actually requires some explanation:

So this group:

http://youcanruninternational.com/

Which is an anti-gay, anti-abortion christian youth ministry, did a street-level intercept of this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAR956IzEd8

and after some arguing she got upset and hit someone with her purse?

Which then got reported here, but the comments about what the constitution actually says makes it seem like it's from here.

Liberals are evil for disliking both homophobia and racial slurs. This was probably my favorite one this week.

Yes, one use of the n-word.

At a plantation-themed wedding.

Of a white couple.

In the Deep South.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wasn't aware that 2007 was "30 years ago."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I like Liberal Logic's strategy of placing two completely unrelated things next to each other and assuming that it makes some kind of point.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I wasn't aware that 2007 was "30 years ago."

Get that liberal math out of hear. Only GOD years allowed.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

TinTower posted:

Of a white couple.

In the Deep South.

Plus years of alleged harassment and discrimination at restaurants she owns.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Jurgan posted:

Plus years of alleged harassment and discrimination at restaurants she owns.

Oh, please please elaborate. :allears:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mitchicon posted:

Get that liberal math out of hear. Only GOD years allowed.

Biblical days.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Sir Rolo posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TinTower posted:

Of a white couple.

In the Deep South.

Also allowing her brother (I think?) who co-owned her restaurant to sexually assault black waitresses while being a huge racist to them.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Mitchicon posted:

Oh, please please elaborate. :allears:
Allegedly only letting her black employees use the back entrance. :stare:

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Sir Rolo posted:

Gee, I can't think of anything else bad Paula Deen did oh wait
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ticle-1.1034037

quote:

The former general manager of a Savannah restaurant co-owned by Paula Deen claimed in a lawsuit filed Monday she was sexually harassed and subjected to a hostile work environment rife with sexual innuendo, physical intimidation and racial slurs.

Lisa Jackson said in the lawsuit, filed in Chatham County Superior Court, her physician encouraged her to quit working at Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House because she suffered from panic attacks and other stress from working there. The restaurant is owned by Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers.

Jackson said in the lawsuit that Hiers routinely made inappropriate sexual and racial remarks and that she heard both Hiers and Deen use racial slurs. She also said in the lawsuit she saw Hiers violently shake a black employee and that he fostered an environment of intimidation.

Also, when a preacher says being gay is immoral, he's helping contribute to a society that hurts and occasionally murders gay people. When people call Paula Deen out on being a racist, people get at least a bit less overt about their racism, because we've demonstrated that we don't tolerate that poo poo as much as we used to. Big. gently caress. Difference.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I know actual paper is slightly out of the scope of the topic, but I'd be remiss not to bring up these I've seen around town:

Apologies for the slightly goony bed.

The massive list is from the Ten EU truths we must tell the public:

quote:

Ten EU truths we must tell the public

1. Over 40 years the leaderships of the Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem parties have been taken over by pro-EU Bilderbergers. They implement EU policy, and ignore the wishes of their voters. That's why your vote doesn't make a difference.

2. The six European Union treaties give it the constitution of a dictatorship, and the laws of a police state. Dictatorships lead to oppression and poverty.

3. The Queen has signed all six EU constitutional treaties, which abolished Britain as an independent nation on 1st January 2009.

4. The EU is illegal under British law. Five Prime Ministers and the Queen committed six acts of Treason by signing the EU treaties which abolished our nation and replaced it with the EU; they secretly repealed two of the five laws of treason in the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act (s36.3) to escape prosecution.

5. The police state growing around you, and reported on by some national newspapers, is the EU police state. We've been in the EU for 38 years, we are harmonising our laws with the EU, the emerging police state is the result.

6. Political correctness, the undermining of parents, the family and teachers, the teaching of sex and homosexuality to under tens, the promotion of single parent families, snatching 4,500 children a year from good parents for forced adoption, trauma through injustice in our now corrupt British courts etc. etc. is subversion by the EU, its Common Purpose organisation and Freemasonry over the last 38 years, using the 200+ techniques of the German Frankfurt School.

7. The EU will be an economic disaster. We now lose £45 billion a year trading with Europe; before we joined we broke even. The EU's 120,000 regulations cost us £100 billion a year (Better Regulation Commission Annual Report 2005); they will bring us a soviet style command economy and poverty. Our politicians lied to us.

8. If you have voted Conservative, Labour or Lib Dem over the last 38 years you have voted for the EU police state, and for the abolition of your own party.

9. German Chancellor Angela Merkel forced the Reform or Lisbon Treaty on us (passed by Westminster 21st January, 138 majority) which replaced the British Constitution with the EU’s on 1st January 2009. Westminster is now powerless, defunct and a puppet government. You are ruled by unelected EU dictators, who will soon control the nuclear weapons of what used to be Britain and France.

10. Britain is the fifth largest economy amongst the world's 200 nations. Forget elections and parties, whose leaderships are controlled by the EU. Fight the direct anti EU campaigns on the eutruth website to get Britain back before its too late. We need a General Strike against the EU. Start by visiting your local MP and warn him he will lose his £240,000 salary and expenses when the EU closes Westminster.

Oh no, Britain was abolished! Political correctness! FREEMASONS!

The whole website is here. It's full of a poo poo lot of :psyboom:.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

TinTower posted:

The whole website is here. It's full of a poo poo lot of :psyboom:.

Who the hell is 'The Nick Griffin'? Is 'Nick' his middle name? Do his friends just call him 'The', or does he go by 'T. Nick Griffin' or something?

Or is that not actually his name, he's Steve 'The Nick' Griffin or something like that?

e: I wonder if he's related to British politician Nick Griffin, member of the BNP and all-around shithead who actually seems like he'd fit in really well with the people who made this site.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I was wondering why no one I asked after 2009 knew what this "Great Britain" thing was.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mister Bates posted:

Who the hell is 'The Nick Griffin'? Is 'Nick' his middle name? Do his friends just call him 'The', or does he go by 'T. Nick Griffin' or something?

Or is that not actually his name, he's Steve 'The Nick' Griffin or something like that?

e: I wonder if he's related to British politician Nick Griffin, member of the BNP and all-around shithead who actually seems like he'd fit in really well with the people who made this site.

It's "The freemasonry Family (of Nick Griffin)". Not to defend this rambling lunacy but it is just awkwardly parsed and done so differently than the other examples.

Why is the bilderberg thing such a big cause of anxiety to nut jobs?

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Stew Man Chew posted:

Why is the bilderberg thing such a big cause of anxiety to nut jobs?

It's an annual conference of some of the most elite people in politics, finance, and academia. It's almost obligated to attract conspiracy theories like an open bottle of Coke to bees.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

I like how it says Nick Griffin of all people is controlled by the E.U.. (And the Masons, but then everyone's controlled by them.)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Someone on my wall posted that he saw someone with a "Remember Benghazi" t-shirt.

Edit: not my wall, just in my news feed.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 23, 2013

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Seriously at this point how could we forget?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Ask him "What's Benghazi?"

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

I know actual paper is slightly out of the scope of the topic, but I'd be remiss not to bring up these I've seen around town:

I guarantee you that if these people managed to seize control of the government the first thing they'd do is shoot anyone they suspected of colluding with the NWO or Illuminati or whatever in the streets.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Blarghalt posted:

I guarantee you that if these people managed to seize control of the government the first thing they'd do is shoot anyone they suspected of colluding with the NWO or Illuminati or whatever in the streets.

So, almost everyone in the country?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Mister Bates posted:

So, almost everyone in the country?

It'd be like if the French Terror really was what most people think of it.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

TinTower posted:

Of a white couple.

In the Deep South.

She admits to using it 30 years ago while referring to a man who robbed her. She claims not to have used it when discussing the racist as gently caress wedding plans, and that's good enough for conservatives.

I'd bet a dollar that it's such a normal thing to her that she said it and doesn't even remember.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TerminalSaint posted:

She admits to using it 30 years ago while referring to a man who robbed her. She claims not to have used it when discussing the racist as gently caress wedding plans, and that's good enough for conservatives.

I'd bet a dollar that it's such a normal thing to her that she said it and doesn't even remember.

I may have misread something, but I think she said thats the only time she ever used it negatively. Implying she's said it a bunch of times, but not in a way she thought was insulting.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

I may have misread something, but I think she said thats the only time she ever used it negatively. Implying she's said it a bunch of times, but not in a way she thought was insulting.

Cue the "blacks call other blacks 'niggas' all the time, what's your problem libtards :smug:" defense.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TerminalSaint posted:

"Good enough for conservatives" might be a bit much. "Good enough for insane conservatives who make the worst macros ever" is more on point. I think Paula Deen Y'all is on her own, mostly.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Guilty Spork posted:

Gee, I can't think of anything else bad Paula Deen did oh wait
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ticle-1.1034037

Also, when a preacher says being gay is immoral, he's helping contribute to a society that hurts and occasionally murders gay people. When people call Paula Deen out on being a racist, people get at least a bit less overt about their racism, because we've demonstrated that we don't tolerate that poo poo as much as we used to. Big. gently caress. Difference.

Yeah, its pretty funny how not putting up with a preacher's bigotry and not putting up with Paula Deen's bigotry is somehow presented as being the height of hypocrisy by those dumb liberals.

Play fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 24, 2013

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Look, conservatives aren't racist. Liberals are racist. Therefore, all of Paula Deen's defenders are liberal.

drat, how hard is this to understand?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dr Christmas posted:

Look, conservatives aren't racist. Liberals are racist. Therefore, all of Paula Deen's defenders are liberal.

drat, how hard is this to understand?
Paula Deen (D)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Pointing out that people are racist is what makes you racist.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!
And yet, I doubt any of these conservatives will ever be forgiving Jane Fonda for her excursion into North Vietnam, even though that was more than 40 years ago.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Racism is skin deep, communism goes right to the bone.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Ask him "What's Benghazi?"

"Who is Ben Gazi?" on a t-shirt. Cafepress go!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
The All-Knowing Invisible Hand of the Free Market decided Paula Deen's fate, why do you hate The Free Market so much????

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Wheee!

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Yet Reagen didn't fix things, and the problems that led to the current crisis are actively being defended by the opposing party.

So, not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

No, he didn't whine about it, he just said "there you go again" and pretended poo poo was fine.