Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Just looking at the Japanese wikis: have there really been no new drops reported from the Falz Arms/Elder 60 quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Seems that way. The consensus at the moment is that it has a higher drop rate, based on the fact that the number of 11 star drops is higher than the level 50 version. From personal experience, I've gotten an SW Nei Claw, a Gurre Bazooka, an Elder Fist, an Elder Rod, and an arm unit since it's been up. I've gotten a rare weapon off level 60 DF more often than not, albeit mostly Adaman Canes and Failnotes. It's possible there are super rare drops that no one has seen yet, but that's just speculation.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Mewnie posted:

I think you can still select my name in the team list and choose Go To Room.

Not only is there a nearly full set of instruments, but you can also relax to the soothing sounds of a dozen washing machines quietly rumbling.

haha the music in the background peaked at the perfect time when the rappy bomb happened.

e: Sadly, I think those rappies were just more PSOW spergs :(

They may be from a few other places actually. :toot:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Protocol 5 posted:

Seems that way. The consensus at the moment is that it has a higher drop rate, based on the fact that the number of 11 star drops is higher than the level 50 version.
I certainly can't tell because I haven't even gotten a loving Adaman off this rear end in a top hat.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

Seems that way. The consensus at the moment is that it has a higher drop rate, based on the fact that the number of 11 star drops is higher than the level 50 version. From personal experience, I've gotten an SW Nei Claw, a Gurre Bazooka, an Elder Fist, an Elder Rod, and an arm unit since it's been up. I've gotten a rare weapon off level 60 DF more often than not, albeit mostly Adaman Canes and Failnotes. It's possible there are super rare drops that no one has seen yet, but that's just speculation.
If it has a higher drop its not that much, the larger ammounts form the drop charts is most likely from the fact that its showing up 4 times a day on every single ship and everyone is dumping thier rare droprate up tickets on it.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I have a friend who'd like to play PSO2 as well, but iv'e been hearing lately signing up for the Japanese SEGA ID is a pain in the rear end. Can anyone confirm/link me a good guide to give him?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

OrangeSoda posted:

I have a friend who'd like to play PSO2 as well, but iv'e been hearing lately signing up for the Japanese SEGA ID is a pain in the rear end. Can anyone confirm/link me a good guide to give him?

The biggest pain in the rear end is doing the Hiragana captcha, which is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Bumped.org has a good guide and if you use Google Chrome you can auto-translate a lot of the pages.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Also you or your friend could hop into IRC and just post a picture of the captcha. Usually someone in there will be glad to help with it. Though, the captchas do have time limits for how long they're active.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Tengames posted:

If it has a higher drop its not that much, the larger ammounts form the drop charts is most likely from the fact that its showing up 4 times a day on every single ship and everyone is dumping thier rare droprate up tickets on it.

Well, if the drop rate for 11 star weapons at level 50 is, lets say, 0.001%, a 500% increase in drop rate at level 60 is still only 0.005%. On Ship 1, there have been about 70 of each 11 star weapon found since the level 60 quest went live, and 3 of the 12 star swords. Even with more people generating drops, that's a pretty large number for 5 days. 250% rare drop tickets aren't exactly easy to come by either, so even if people are using them, it's not like a large number of players can use them for every Falz run, so I don't think it would be statistically significant. The main thing is that the base drop rate for 11 star items is extremely low.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Does anyone play this with a gamepad? I am trying to figure out a good setup, but can't really find anything that feels perfectly natural. I gave too much of my life to PSO and it doesn't seem right to be using keyboard and mouse for PSO2 even if it's better .

Also anyone new playing? Would like to get some newbee love tonight after 7pm est.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

waah posted:

Does anyone play this with a gamepad? I am trying to figure out a good setup, but can't really find anything that feels perfectly natural. I gave too much of my life to PSO and it doesn't seem right to be using keyboard and mouse for PSO2 even if it's better .

Also anyone new playing? Would like to get some newbee love tonight after 7pm est.

I haven't played in a while, but I do. It's very comfortable. There are few enough keys you need to use that playing with a pad is a solid option.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

waah posted:

I use the usb 360 pad and it works naturally with the game. Didn't really have to mess with bindings for it to feel comfortable for me. Weapon switching can be a little bit more cumbersome, but it still feels a lot funner and gives me a better PSO1 feel.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Today's news:
• Update for the new quest on Wednesday
• Incoming 5 GB advance download for Ep. 2 going live on 7/17
• Anyone who played with the back side of the bingo card unlocked since the emergency maintenance last Friday will get 50 A caps and 4 extreme passes

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Oh hey, I could use some new screenshots of the Races and Classes for the OP to replace the, what is that, pre-alpha images? I would prefer if people didn't have any incredibly silly accessories on or outfits that make your character look completely different, even though that's what half the game is about :v: it would even be nice if I got both genders from each race to represent!

For the class images, I would really like it if they were in the middle of some noteworthy PA with a cool camera angle. Here are some ideas, but I will give anything provided a look.

Hunter - Over End just before the sword goes down for the final hits
Ranger - Crawling through tall grass with sneak shooter
Force - casting any Fire/Ice/Lightning tech from a Rod
Fighter - In mid-air while using Surprise Dunk
Gunner - whatever silly machinegun shenanigans you want
Techer - casting any Wind/Light/Dark tech from a wand OR a good shot of Wand Gear in action

you can submit multiple screenshots, but I would only use one screenshot per person to keep a variety of characters in the OP.

This ain't a contest, but hey you get your character immortalized in the OP until we decide to make a new one, and new goons will see your character and think you are internet famous or some poo poo

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 24, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

NextTime000 posted:

Oh hey, I could use some new screenshots of the Races and Classes for the OP to replace the, what is that, pre-alpha images? I would prefer if people didn't have any incredibly silly accessories on or outfits that make your character look completely different, even though that's what half the game is about :v: it would even be nice if I got both genders from each race to represent!

For the class images, I would really like it if they were in the middle of some noteworthy PA with a cool camera angle. Here are some ideas, but I will give anything provided a look.

Techer - casting any Wind/Light/Dark tech from a wand OR a good shot of Wand Gear in action

you can submit multiple screenshots, but I would only use one screenshot per person to keep a variety of characters in the OP.

This ain't a contest, but hey you get your character immortalized in the OP until we decide to make a new one, and new goons will see your character and thing you are internet famous or some poo poo

With or without UI?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Argas posted:

With or without UI?

preferably without UI, and remember everybody the things I listed per class are just suggestions

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

This ain't a contest, but hey you get your character immortalized in the OP until we decide to make a new one, and new goons will see your character and think you are internet famous or some poo poo

How's this for force?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
General dicking around pictures incoming.

THUG LIFE

Also here's a Rodeo Drive off a ledge because, seriously, Rodeo Drive.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Got a few pictures here for the new OP.

Two ones of my female newman with different outfits and weapons to match.

And here's one of Over End's final swing.

I actually preferred to do ride slasher, but it didn't show up well as a single image. So I asked Kirby to whip this up and here's what we got.

If the gif is too big I can include a link instead.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 25, 2013

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Here are my contributions to the thread!

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 25, 2013

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Sorry to clog the thread with more pictures, but I'd like to submit this one of the gunner's class dodge. The range of motion and evasion you get just from picking gunner is incredible and I wanted to try to convey that with the class' most basic mechanic.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Here are a few, I'll edit this post if I get any others. :goleft:

Chibs fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 25, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I also added the Character Creator Demo / benchmark program to the OP, as well as it's own English patch, people can download that while they are fighting the Captcha or just to be curious, then sperg-out while the game is doing the initial update for 10 hours or whatever long that takes; then they can just import the character they made there and get right into the action!

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Protocol 5 posted:

Today's news:
• Anyone who played with the back side of the bingo card unlocked since the emergency maintenance last Friday will get 50 A caps

Ahhhh aghhhh yes thank you this make everything fantastic.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Screw it, here's another screen shot of the magical power of gizondie!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Ahhhh aghhhh yes thank you this make everything fantastic.

Yeah, I was totally pissed that I blew 50 caps doing Forest for gently caress all when I could have been doing City with them instead. I gotta hand it to them, handing out free poo poo when they screw something up is a nice gesture. I'm so used to hearing "Tough poo poo, dudes" from developers in the US when they gently caress up that even token compensation for the inconvenience seems unusually generous.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
This for TMGs (Satellite Aim first hit).

or second hit.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
We finally escaped the city.

But I want to go back. :smith:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So is the Border BReak quest gone now? I didn't get to finish my current run of COs for it. :(

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
No, it'll be about for a couple more weeks, I believe.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
BB is around until Augest 7th I think, Sanic and friends, however, are gone until next year

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?
Extended Maintenance noooooooooo. :negative:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'll spare you guys screenshots of my character, but if you hire me you're in for a surprise!

The roadmap for PSO2 was updated; character levels will be raised to 65 in the later half of this year, together with the second chapter of Episode 2:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=roadmap

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-client-order-campaign-13/

Boosted Falz scaled back to being only one every other day, and guaranteed times for Burning Rangers and normal Falz. but those 2 can still happen at any time since they are still "normal" Emergency Quests

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-626-update-and-episode-2-roadmap/

and the roadmap in english

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So no more Escape from the City in the lobby?

I did get lucky enough to get the music disc from the scratch though!

Also, have they stated if Braver will have any prereqs? I'd like to check it out but I've only leveled ranger and gunner.

year199X fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 26, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

They're keeping info on the Braver pretty close to their vests, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine if there are requirements they'd be levels in Hunter and Ranger, due to the melee/ranged hybrid nature of the weapons. From the sound of it, bows will synergize well with Rangers, while katanas will synergize with melee classes.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They also have shown images of what seemed to be characters posing with Braver weapons right out of the character creator, so in a shocking twist maybe there won't even be a requirement! Yeah that is being too optimistic for my own good, but we won't know for sure until they say something.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Eh, who knows? They obviously want to try to hook new players, so having a cool new class playable straight away isn't entirely out of the question.

Also, I did the Burning Rangers EQ earlier, and it's pretty good XP. The quest goal is to get 119 (Japanese version of 911) points by putting out people on fire with special twin squirtguns you get from Shii. I ran it on VH, level 52, full party, and each blue ET gave me around 6,500 XP, while the red ones gave about 13,500. DF Arms with a 75% ticket and fast turnaround probably beats it out, but not by a whole lot, and it's full of level 55 darkers that drop the same weapons as in AQ. I got a Dagash Talisman as an SW drop. So far, I've seen Wolgarda and Dark Ragne spawn, though they don't give quest points.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Br/Va became one of the four main classes (alongside Hu/Ra/Fo) in PSP2/I. It would absolutely be a step in the right direction is Sega made it available straight out the door. The only thing better would be if this version of Braver could use Techs, too. And traps. Where are the traps, Sonic Team? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Handgun Harlot posted:

Br/Va became one of the four main classes (alongside Hu/Ra/Fo) in PSP2/I. It would absolutely be a step in the right direction is Sega made it available straight out the door. The only thing better would be if this version of Braver could use Techs, too. And traps. Where are the traps, Sonic Team? :mad:

On Ranger. And they're garbage there too. Traps were poo poo in PSO and mediocre in PSU except in very specific situations, but it was outshined by every melee players being hilariously overpowered (Dus Majarra and Anga Jabroga).

Also Braver can use techs, you just have to sub FO or TE. :v:

• Locked thread