Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

ServoMST3K posted:

I hate how some of the missions only open after you've recruited __ number of heroes. I want to go into the fourth chapter but I need to recruit my seventh hero. I want to save for Union Jack or Hercules but I need like 60 more command points for either. Any really good characters for around 30 points I can get in the meantime?

Get Storm; 4-4 is the best place to grind CP before Chapter 12, and you need Storm to access the epic boss to do it. I think she's one of the 44 point heroes, so that should be more affordable for you.

Getting a limited edition P5 costume might be a more pressing concern, since who knows when they'll be available again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll have to try Scott out now that he looks pretty good.

Though I hopped on the Rescue and Omega Sentinel bandwagon. I put on the Ionic Sledge and the sword that prevents buff removals. So I have those two buff my agent up and end up dealing massive fuckoff damage.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
Which costume should I pick up for Phoenix?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kali11324 posted:

Which costume should I pick up for Phoenix?

White Crown. I prefer infiltrator more, but either one works.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Using power of 4 when you are the only guy on a team, and 2 of 3 people on the other team are phased, and the 3rd has a mindlink with a phased character is not a good idea.

Sometimes the AI is just :psyduck:

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
So I guess the only way to get CP is by grinding the roulette? I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I'm still on the first chapter, after like 4 or 5 days.

Are the premium 6th stages worth the cost? For example, chapter 1's has Abomination, I think?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Duranki posted:

So I guess the only way to get CP is by grinding the roulette? I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I'm still on the first chapter, after like 4 or 5 days.

Are the premium 6th stages worth the cost? For example, chapter 1's has Abomination, I think?

The drops from some of the premium bosses are good, but they usually aren't as good as drops from Epic bosses (which also require a particular character, just as a deploy rather than unlocking a mission), and those usually aren't as good as something you spend gold on. Still, at low level they're better than a lot of other stuff available.

You can also get CP by spending gold (though you don't want to do that anymore than you have to, because you'll want to spend it on items eventually) or by 5 starring a mission.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
5 starring all the missions in a chapter also nets a cool gold weapon. Some are better than others, like there are few better than the Screaming Eagle or Tyrant blade.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Duranki posted:

If you are playing on the website, you can use the tourneys to get CP. Tourneys in Words of Wonder also reward CP for some reason. I just started playing last week and I haven't had problems getting CP. I just bought cyclops and his P5 outfit. Its not linked in the OP but there is a wiki that answered a lot of questions I had.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Syrinxx posted:

How to fix Rescue who has completely ruined this pvp season:

Make a hero/agent weapon that applies a debuff that deals Mental Anguish-level damage if it's removed. Call it psychic grenade or something.

Playdumb hire me plz

Oh hey, that's what the new weapon seems to do.

Too bad it's part of the spec ops set!

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Dr.Magnificent posted:

If you are playing on the website, you can use the tourneys to get CP. Tourneys in Words of Wonder also reward CP for some reason. I just started playing last week and I haven't had problems getting CP. I just bought cyclops and his P5 outfit. Its not linked in the OP but there is a wiki that answered a lot of questions I had.

I'm playing on the iPad. I'm seeing that the existing FB app is more full-featured?

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

Duranki posted:

I'm playing on the iPad. I'm seeing that the existing FB app is more full-featured?

iPad has the content from when the game launched, over a year ago.

FB and Playdom.com both have the same level of content, FB has (apparently significantly) more players, Playdom.com has some weird stuff like guilds and tournaments.

None of the three sync up with each other, naturally.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Duranki posted:

as Vex said the FB app and playdom site have the same set of content. But the site has some extra ways to earn CP that make it much less of a grind.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is Emma still in pretty much every Adamantium team? I might bite the bullet and get her this time. Aside from how useful she seems to be she's the only spec ops hero I don't already have

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So there's a LE gun that you can get by beating Zemo in the iOS version, but It doesn't say which level you have to beat him.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Opopanax posted:

Is Emma still in pretty much every Adamantium team? I might bite the bullet and get her this time. Aside from how useful she seems to be she's the only spec ops hero I don't already have
I'm not quite in Adamantium but in Vibranium I haven't seen an Emma in dozens of matches. Every team is Rescue + <powerful hero> or Inf Phoenix + <powerful hero>.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Emma's been neutralized through Psylocke/Magneto/Juggs. You'll still see her now and then but the power creep has knocked her out of the god-tier she sat in for so long.

Also, came in with someone's Red Skull at 93% and managed to finish him :stare: Scrap WWH/Juggs is a pretty good team when you need to do lots of damage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got tired of running the same teams so I'm mixing in Magik with other people now. I really like how she is now. A stealthy attack and even if you don't get a soul charge, you can put deathfrost on everyone from the start. She is the perfect counter to Shadowcat Kitty, too. "Phased? Well gently caress you, I'm gonna hit you anyway."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anyone got a clue what this is?

I figure it is for the next spec-ops. They usually base those items off of the spec ops hero or villains but I dunno who that could be based on.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I fight against her all the time in adamantium. She has some counters (e.g., Juggs) but they seem to be rarely used. I'd definitely pick her up, even if she isn't as dominate as what she used to be.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I use Emma for her stun and debuff removal/ power enhance and it's still worth it. Her final attack is one more debuff for Rescue to clear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought to myself, "only 2 days left in spec ops, wouldn't it be funny if i got 1k Isos in the roulette?"

Bam, happens. And thats the first time in any spec op that happened.

FirstAidKite posted:

Anyone got a clue what this is?

I figure it is for the next spec-ops. They usually base those items off of the spec ops hero or villains but I dunno who that could be based on.

Yea, I'm curious too. Probably going to be collecting items during fights to create the prototype or something.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

twistedmentat posted:

I thought to myself, "only 2 days left in spec ops, wouldn't it be funny if i got 1k Isos in the roulette?"

Bam, happens. And thats the first time in any spec op that happened.

Yea, I'm curious too. Probably going to be collecting items during fights to create the prototype or something.

Nah it'll be one of the task item rewards and then the research will be a task.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

I'm still grinding the first chapter and have a measly 22 CP. Who would be a good character purchase? I think I read that Doctor Strange is a good blaster, who I'll be able to get with one more CP. Or should I grind a few more days and save for Storm?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Duranki posted:

I'm still grinding the first chapter and have a measly 22 CP. Who would be a good character purchase? I think I read that Doctor Strange is a good blaster, who I'll be able to get with one more CP. Or should I grind a few more days and save for Storm?

Get Black Cat, grind 2.3.

You got Iron Fist as your free hero, right?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I got 22 CP in the roulette and treated myself to P5 Cyclops. Using him, Omega, and Ionic Sledge I was able to destroy a 100% Blaster Red Skull.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

Get Black Cat, grind 2.3.

You got Iron Fist as your free hero, right?

Free hero? Don't think there's such a thing in the iOS version. Or do you do something in-game to trigger that?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Duranki posted:

Free hero? Don't think there's such a thing in the iOS version. Or do you do something in-game to trigger that?

When you unlock PVP (You do get that on iOS, right?) they should offer you a choice of a free hero to pick.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Ah, that's the thing. PvP isn't enabled yet on iOS. I "beat the game" when Magneto dropped the shield generator on 4-4.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The two things that drive me nuts about the iOS version is that SP are really rare, and CPs barely ever drop. I only managed to get enough to get Iron Fist because i 5 starred 3 missions in chapter 1.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'm with you

twistedmentat posted:

The two things that drive me nuts about the iOS version is that SP are really rare, and CPs barely ever drop. I only managed to get enough to get Iron Fist because i 5 starred 3 missions in chapter 1.

Speaking of which, golden weapons aren't in yet either.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

Yeah, I think I'm gonna switch to the Playdom version. That one's as full-featured as the Facebook version, only more generous, right?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Duranki posted:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna switch to the Playdom version. That one's as full-featured as the Facebook version, only more generous, right?

Pretty much. Some of the promotional offers (notably Marvel XP and those daily e-mails) don't work, but that's about the only drawback.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Even though it's more fun to play with friends, I'm totally adding every person I can on the iOS version.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Fastest way to getting dime gifts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have nearly 100k silver because I don't have enough Sp to be able to use it for anything. I do notice that allies give you random, single gifts, one of those can be 10 SP, but drat SP has the worst gold to exchange rate.

I do love pvp giving you a turn order that makes it almost impossible; All my guys go, then WCP, then the other two guys. Thanks, so if I manage to kill someone on the other team, jean is just going to res them, then do Phoenix Fire and reset the res ability over and over again.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Signpost, man. Can't summon the Phoenix Force if she doesn't have enough SP. And since she didn't reapply the revive passive, whoever you kill will stay dead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kal-L posted:

Signpost, man. Can't summon the Phoenix Force if she doesn't have enough SP. And since she didn't reapply the revive passive, whoever you kill will stay dead.

Got the signpost, use it ever chance I get.

Hah, like everyone has their Red Skull up, but I won't be able to collect the rewards for helping to defeat them until next spec ops.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 1, 2013

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!

twistedmentat posted:

Got the signpost, use it ever chance I get.

Hah, like everyone has their Red Skull up, but I won't be able to collect the rewards for helping to defeat them until next spec ops.

I'm pretty sure the rewards pop up on the mission maps if you don't collect them before spec ops ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Reverand Me posted:

I'm pretty sure the rewards pop up on the mission maps if you don't collect them before spec ops ends.

Yep, there they were.

Okay, so whats the Ionic hammer combo again? I got the roulette gadget on my last spin, do you use the two together?

• Locked thread