Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lapse
Jun 27, 2004

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Ill have a computer next week, hooray! I was thinking of leveling a hunter but I wouldn't mind playing a priest, although leveling one seems like a lot of heartache. Is the server populated enough for regular instance runs or is it basically all questing up to 60?

Plenty of people around to run the lower level dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Depends entirely on your hours. If you play in US primetime, aka after everyone on the east coast is home from work, you're gravy. Otherwise, you basically plan on questing and spam/listen for instances. I've ha to do a fair amount of realm-wide /who-ing to get groups, but I'm on the west coast and work swing shift so I'm playing with aussies and asians.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Yeah, I'm an EU-ite(GMT+2), so on a weird schedule. I freelance, so my hours are either 'lots' or 'books', but at the 'lots' time I'm generally an early bird, so I end up seeing US folks in like the second half their prime times. Still, been having fun. Ding 10 and about to do me some naked Wetlands running to Ironforge! :getin:

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Since I leave on the east coast and work an 8-5 job I am elated to discover this news! Hooray. Hopefully by this time next week I will be happily leveling. I'm still debating which class to play. I'm tempted to roll another warrior since that's what I normally seem to make in MMOs, and I dealt pretty decent damage as a ~~*fury warrior*~~ the first time around. I'm conflicted between warrior, hunter and priest.

Ignoranceisbliss88
Jun 9, 2012

by Pipski
I'm thrilled to see that vanilla WOW is back in existence. I doubt I can put up with the drudgery of leveling another 60 while working 60 hours a week, but if there's an extra high level account lying around I'd love to be able to contribute to the Goon raiding team. I raided extensively with a Priest, Warlock, and Hunter and should be able to jump back into them with whatever spec is needed. If these aren't available, I've played every class a bit and should be able to pick up anything pretty quickly. I never cared much about exploring or pvping, but lived to raid. My work schedule seems to fit perfectly with the current raiding schedule. PM if you have anything extra lying around.

Daexer
Sep 2, 2012
The wife and I tried and couldn't get into the spirit of current WoW so we are getting this set up now! I played from release and she came in right when BC was launched so she never got the vanilla experience.

Daexer fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 29, 2013

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
What's the raising schedule like?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
The raiding schedule currently is Wednesday 8pm EST we begin Molten Core. Then Monday at the same time, we do Ony and continue with MC.

As a guild we have yet to kill Onyxia, but that should happen real soon.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Currently rather tempted to come back to the weird crew. But is there any chance of the guy who took my mage returning it, or failing that, someone else having a spare whatever to give? :v:

You know you want me back, my accent classes up the joint.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Firos posted:

Currently rather tempted to come back to the weird crew. But is there any chance of the guy who took my mage returning it, or failing that, someone else having a spare whatever to give? :v:

He's still playing it I think. Just create a new character named RealFiros

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
Can anyone tell me what my dps (Corise) was last raid? My screenshots are gone (I screenshot my dps for science)and I am trying to test stuff. :(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
^^ Your DPS was far, far less than Tonydanza. Who wasn't even in the raid.

Firos posted:

We have an unused mage, one of shifty's two accounts. Shifty wants to come back though, so you might be sharing it with him (He wants the paladin on the account). Unless the guy who took his lock is done with it, then he'll just take back his druid/lock account and you can use his mage. He said you can have it either way if you're serious about raiding though. Basically there are a lot of questions. If whoever is currently using Nerffear could respond and inform us of if you are done with it, that would be fantastic. Stangg I think it was.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

Firos posted:

It is yours if you want it back, obviously but I am pretty attached to it and have made some accomadations for raiding. I would like to see if there is a 60 acct if you are set on having real firos back that I could grab though in exchange. I have made some free time accommodate making the raids and am pretty into it. But if nothing works out then it is what it is and it is yours. Just let me know or whoever!

SAMB0 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 30, 2013

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

rawr im a tree posted:

Can anyone tell me what my dps (Corise) was last raid? My screenshots are gone (I screenshot my dps for science)and I am trying to test stuff. :(

I was resetting over bosses, so I don't have one over the entire course of the raid. But I do remember for golemagg it went, Meanjoe (or some warlock) you, maybe puremalice then me and a bunch of mages.

This is completely off memory and probably has no impact. You were always in my top 5 if not top 1 on my damage meters though regardless of any reset

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
I've been screwing around on this for awhile, making a billion alts, but I think I've finally settled on Gekki, my warrior +/- my priest Ganymede. I don't have much time to play with full time swing shifts, but I wouldn't mind the extra company in guild chat when I do play. I'll give someone a whisper when next I play.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Asclepius posted:

I've been screwing around on this for awhile, making a billion alts, but I think I've finally settled on Gekki, my warrior +/- my priest Ganymede. I don't have much time to play with full time swing shifts, but I wouldn't mind the extra company in guild chat when I do play. I'll give someone a whisper when next I play.

If that's all, dual box. Copy-paste your WoW executable, rename it, and that's about the minimum. Priest/warrior combo will level almost as fast as either individually. Attack with warrior, heroic, switch, bubble, renew, switch, sunder, switch, lesser, and so on and so forth. Barely more complicated than playing one character.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

^^ Your DPS was far, far less than Tonydanza. Who wasn't even in the raid.

We have an unused mage, one of shifty's two accounts. Shifty wants to come back though, so you might be sharing it with him (He wants the paladin on the account). Unless the guy who took his lock is done with it, then he'll just take back his druid/lock account and you can use his mage. He said you can have it either way if you're serious about raiding though. Basically there are a lot of questions. If whoever is currently using Nerffear could respond and inform us of if you are done with it, that would be fantastic. Stangg I think it was.

I'm still using it, I moved house this week which is why I haven't been about, I did message Watcher in game.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

SAMB0 posted:

It is yours if you want it back, obviously but I am pretty attached to it and have made some accomadations for raiding. I would like to see if there is a 60 acct if you are set on having real firos back that I could grab though in exchange. I have made some free time accommodate making the raids and am pretty into it. But if nothing works out then it is what it is and it is yours. Just let me know or whoever!

That's cool. If someone else has a free <class> then send it my way. I've got summer free so I can raid my failing heart out.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Firos posted:

That's cool. If someone else has a free <class> then send it my way. I've got summer free so I can raid my failing heart out.

I'll send you over the info for the 60 mage if you'd like. I also think that a pair of 60 hunters (Toober/Shooty) have not been claimed yet. I can give you their info as well once I confirm if they're taken or not. Just email me at ~*~edit: Holy crap stop emailing me~*~ with your preference.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 1, 2013

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

I'll send you over the info for the 60 mage if you'd like. I also think that a pair of 60 hunters (Toober/Shooty) have not been claimed yet. I can give you their info as well once I confirm if they're taken or not. Just email me at cscoles at gmail dot com with your preference.

Email sent.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

A great start to a new dude.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Thinking of rolling a hunter just for the hell of it, but I'm more into the PvP aspect of the game even though I wouldn't mind raiding once in a while. Is PvP glitchy, or is it pretty okay?
Too bad that AV haven't been released yet as that was by far my favorite BG of vanilla.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

Thinking of rolling a hunter just for the hell of it, but I'm more into the PvP aspect of the game even though I wouldn't mind raiding once in a while. Is PvP glitchy, or is it pretty okay?
Too bad that AV haven't been released yet as that was by far my favorite BG of vanilla.

pvp is fully functional. And you will get killed... many times....

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Typical posted:

pvp is fully functional. And you will get killed... many times....

But also you will kill, which makes the getting killed part worth it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
After 5+ years of WoW and several burnouts, this is actually looking appealing to me. I had a few questions though and I haven't read through the entire thread so I apologize if they've been asked already.

1. Is there still space for most classes in raiding? I realize it says so in the OP but I understand that things change.

2. I remember very little from pre-BC WoW specifics wise, what are some of the major additions to the game in the current patch? Are we at the point where they had that very short lived global chat channel, or does that come later on?

3. Does the server have plans to keep adding content over time ala the original servers, or is it permanently locked at pre-BC?

4. Is there anything -not- working? I know it's fairly typical for private servers to have stuff not going 100%.

5. What's the population like? Do battlegrounds actually pop? I'd love to do some old school AV again. Is the community the standard private server scum, or does the nature of the server keep things more civil?

6. Can I install the game from the CDs, or do I need to use their torrent?

Sorry for the barrage of queries, I'm just really interested in giving this a try if it seems like I'll fit in. Thanks in advance.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

I'm wondering what the European population is like on this server and which side has the most?.
Or in general the population of people playing at +1 GMT in the evening.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

1. Yes there's room for everything raiding-wise.

2. The quests & class talents are locked at the final patch pre-BC, which is 1.12, but the "progression" content is not in-game. So, for example, the Cenarion Silithus quests won't be activated until the run-up to AQ. There is a global chat channel, per faction, but I don't know if it was actually "built in", or some custom private server thing.

3. As far as I know, they're going to keep adding content until Naxx. At that point, I have never heard of any plans to switch to BC, but who knows... maybe they will eventually decide to let everyone port their characters to a new BC server or something, I'm not sure if there's any official word on this topic.

4. Most of the critical stuff works. They seem to have de-prioritized fixing low-level quests that are broken to focus development on end-game type stuff. So there are some quirky quests that you'll come across while leveling, and a couple that are just flat-out broken. The other "main" bug that I would identify is the fact that certain mobs can fall underground, and pets have strange pathing. They can go below ground etc.

5. Population is quite high, and WSG pops often. AV is not available yet - it is actually the next thing that is supposed to be released soon. BWL was just released a few weeks ago, so I assume some of the devs have moved on to AV.

6. I would use the torrent. You could install from the CD, but then you would need to download the patch file that brings you up to 1.12. Easier to just download the torrent.

Hitlin posted:

I'm wondering what the European population is like on this server and which side has the most?.
Or in general the population of people playing at +1 GMT in the evening.

I would actually say there are probably more Euro players on the server than there are NA players. In guild, it's mostly NA.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, I can't seem to get the addons linked in the OP to work. Where am I supposed to be putting the folders? And can anyone recommend a decent setup with the addons to make the transition from modern WoW to this less jarring?

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Verranicus posted:

So, I can't seem to get the addons linked in the OP to work. Where am I supposed to be putting the folders? And can anyone recommend a decent setup with the addons to make the transition from modern WoW to this less jarring?

Just stick the folder for each addon into your "addons" folder, wherever you put the WoW directory.

______\World of Warcraft 1.12\Interface\AddOns\________

I would recommend getting Prat, but honestly beyond that I only use a handful of addons.

Auctioneer, Gatherer, Damage Meter, Decursive when I play relevant classes, and Grid when I play a healer.

And then some classes have a "class-specific" addon that is helpful, like Cryolysis for mages.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Oh yeah LHCP is essential.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Can I get re-invited to the guild, my character is Suran.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Er, is there an addon that lets you automatically loot all the stuff from a corpse? I couldn't find the option in the interface settings.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Er, is there an addon that lets you automatically loot all the stuff from a corpse? I couldn't find the option in the interface settings.

The shift key.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

There is not, just hold shift when looting.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Yeah they didn't add autoloot until WOTLK, I believe.

I think there might've been a BC add-on that did it.

Daexer
Sep 2, 2012
So I should be leveling my pally but I read the multiboxing guide and have just been rampaging Elwynn forrest instead with 5 mages. Having a hard time making a final decision on what to play as all of the classes seem to be fun and quirky in their own ways.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Ok, seeing as nobody is using them still (except to drain them of most of the gold on them), I'm giving out these accounts again for those of you who want em, mostly for those of you who want to skip the really tedious bits of leveling.

Account 1: level 36 druid

Account 2: level 36 warrior, 32 pally.

email REDACTED first come first served. If I don't reply to you, you didn't get there first!

All the chars have max rest xp. so you could get the druid and pally to 40 easily with minimal effort.

Edit: Accounts are gone, hopefully they are put to good use!

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 1, 2013

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~
So here's a question, is this pre-consecrate being a spell and not a talent? I miss the days when I could beat on a tiger in... that jungle near booty bay... with my quest blue two handed hammer for an hour and neither of us would die.

All I've got experience after level 11 on are hunters, warlocks, and paladins in vanilla. The rest of the classes just frustrated me trying to solo... usually too squishy or not enough dps to kill things. I'm looking at you, priest and warrior. It was like ABS meant Always Be Sittin' to eat with those guys.

Sooo, what I'm asking, is are paladins soloable, or should I just roll a lock? Or dual-box something?

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Don't have a long trip report, but we got up to Ragnaros finally tonight and thats pretty cool!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm the best at raiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

FutuerBear posted:

Don't have a long trip report, but we got up to Ragnaros finally tonight and thats pretty cool!

Yeah great job guys, Sulfuron down on the 2nd try, and Domo down on the 1st try, even after losing a bunch of people after Sulf.

• Locked thread