Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, this is still showing ~4000 max in the past 24 hours: http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
If there's one thing the patch did right, it's making it easier to rez folks with the Nanite Injector. Now clones can last longer!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

And now we can needle gently caress people like it's our job! Snipers with high KDRs in faction warfare are so hosed.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Sammus posted:

And now we can needle gently caress people like it's our job! Snipers with high KDRs in faction warfare are so hosed.

Hooray, silver grief lining! :woop:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Basically the first thing in the in-game patch notes is "player count now shows all players active on the tranquility server".

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Utgardaloki posted:

Basically the first thing in the in-game patch notes is "player count now shows all players active on the tranquility server".

yup. It's because they want to cover up the fact that maybe 4000 people are in dust at any given moment.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sammus posted:

yup. It's because they want to cover up the fact that maybe 4000 people are in dust at any given moment.

And gives them a chance to enlarge their player base because some people don't play because they see a low number which makes some people not want to play because they see a low number.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Does anyone know if the mordu event gear will be usable without the necessary training? If not the whole go July with free weapons thing doesn't make much sense. Either everyone will be rolling in great tanks for a while or everyone gets 100mil worth of awesome, useless tanks.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Looks like the event gear will require skills to use. They didn't specify any special names that would indicate otherwise, and besides, having 100 Falchion class tanks isn't going to do you much good without the modules to fit them out. If you're going to be playing anyhow I'd suggest going for it since those things are worth a lot of ISK.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Just a heads up, I may not be on at all for the next few weeks, but I'll be back when things aren't so busy on my end. So don't kick me from the Foot Clan, please :)

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So the new update has definitely changed the feel of the game. I only played a few games, but overall I feel it's positive. The vastly reduced wait on calling in vehicles is welcome, and I haven't noticed RDV retardation (yet). Also, spec'd into basic commando suits, not particularly impressed. They don't seem to be more effective at any role that normal mediums can fulfill, and the battlefield isn't complex enough to really allow their "versatility" to be worthwhile.

Will try pilot suits in my LLAV for shits and giggles, hopefully tears as well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Does it explain where the 2615 megs went? Still waiting for this oddly slow download, went through 30+ gigs of PS+ IGC downloads last week and it's terrible now.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrLonghair posted:

Does it explain where the 2615 megs went? Still waiting for this oddly slow download, went through 30+ gigs of PS+ IGC downloads last week and it's terrible now.

No clue. I've only seen some new map textures (snow!), the new dropsuit (a recolor), a brighter warbarge, and a new walking animation. That doesn't seem like it should have been 2+GB.

Anyone else feel like LAVs are moving more quickly now?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I saw a blue and green map texture this morning while playing with Jotun that was pretty cool looking.

Also needle loving works exceedingly well now, we got some poor sniper 50 times in a row. We also made 2 people force quit the game to escape us.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I'm going to try this terrible game out and have filled out a corporation application. PSN id is oobey, character name is Untrained Medic.

Sythe2o0
Mar 30, 2010
Once this tutorial video finishes I'll be applying to Goonfeet. My character is Ginear, ID if it matters is Sythe2o0

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
So, does it seem like CCP have maybe saved this game, after all? I stopped playing because everyone else seemed to have stopped playing. Hopefully, I can kick off the rust one of these nights.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

nippythefish posted:

So, does it seem like CCP have maybe saved this game, after all? I stopped playing because everyone else seemed to have stopped playing. Hopefully, I can kick off the rust one of these nights.

I don't know, logged on for a quickie on my main PSN account (with my Plasma character) and it seemed the same as before.

"Local" chat had seven people in it and I don't know what what that means.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

According to the latest devlog, there are going to be more weapons added to the game:

These TBA heavy laser and plasma weapons have me greatly interested.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

"Local" chat had seven people in it and I don't know what what that means.

It probably means they switched on the feature where names don't show up in big chat channels until they speak.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It probably means they switched on the feature where names don't show up in big chat channels until they speak.

I imagine this is to reduce load times when entering local chat, but c'mon. It's kinda deceptive.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

nippythefish posted:

If youre talking about the corp there's less goons on because a lot of them choose to log in and fight the EVE war against TEST instead of playing Dust. What going on with that anyway. Is the end in sight?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

IronSaber posted:

I imagine this is to reduce load times when entering local chat, but c'mon. It's kinda deceptive.

It's a clever band-aid I guess, but I wish they'd just fix whatever server and UI bugs are actually causing the poor loading times on the client. Seeing all the names of players in Local isn't that important, but it will be pretty annoying to try and figure out who's online if a channel you care about is over the threshold.

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006
Need the buttan pressed on my alt, Kanetitus Maximus.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Kasan posted:

Need the buttan pressed on my alt, Kanetitus Maximus.

Heh maybe I should actually read what people write in the application.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soarer posted:

Heh maybe I should actually read what people write in the application.

What's it like being our Vyst, Soarer?

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Where'd the newbie training guide go? I got my friend to start playing, but don't know what to tell him to do.

He is a goon (I bought him the account), but hasn't logged onto the forums in a while and mostly lurks. I'll try to get him to hit up this thread, at least.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
New build seemed cool, but I only played solo so far and of course it sucked. Needles work great now so I can't wait to proto logi it up in a squad once the 3x SP hits.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Applied to Goonfeet with Bodhiyama, PSN ArbitraryID.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Present posted:

If youre talking about the corp there's less goons on because a lot of them choose to log in and fight the EVE war against TEST instead of playing Dust. What going on with that anyway. Is the end in sight?

Fountain war's going well, but it could be months if not years before it's all over. (though TEST being our best allies is really helping. Thanks TEST.) Right now, NC. and others are playing kingmaker. Once they tire of wiping TEST's rear end it should all be over.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Is it time to buy him a pony avatar yet?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Laffo, CCP hosed up the triple sp calculation, so if you capped out yesterday you're poo poo out of luck. Seemed a simple enough calculation: 3 x 190k less whatever you earnt yesterday is what we should have had today. They'll fix it no doubt, but I wonder why they didn't run some tests before deployment since this is gonna spew some forum rage.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

PerrineClostermann posted:

It's certainly something that drives you to hating people really quick.

Xaerael posted:

Kill yourself.

Exioce posted:

They'll fix it no doubt, but I wonder why they didn't run some tests before deployment since this is gonna spew some forum rage.

Where the hell have you been? Run tests, that would take :effort:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Soarer posted:

Kill yourself.

Is that a yes or no?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Either I kept picking the right people all the time or 105hp/s healing is now respectable and useful on the field, allowing assaults to engage HMG heavies head-on.

Fun to repair that burning abandoned tank with just a few columns of pixels left in one of the game. Poweeer.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaerael posted:

It's never not the time to do that.

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM
I applied to Goonfeet, PSNid is five_apples104, character name is Zebekiah Kreshendeaux

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

As a scout, I've been finishing in first, just off of hacking speed and drop uplinks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

99% of all deaths are still to assault rifles so on that part I won't miss it if CCP continue this Treyarch-like idea of balancing and we all give up on it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

So I haven't played in a while, but what's the deal with pilot suits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
They are not in the market yet but the skill is in the game(?).

• Locked thread