Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The guy on the left is pretty awesome.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Girl's got quite the fivehead going on there.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

...Is that Steve Jobs?

Holy poo poo, that's Bill Gates too!

I am bad at recognizing people. :smith:

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Bill & Steve will always be the ultimate poster boys for awksome.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Steve Jobs doing his best Tom Cruise impression here.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I can only assume "suit up" includes a fedora as part of the ensemble.

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Hello! Ma *SKREEEEEEEEEEE*
Lipstick Apathy
Wizards of the Coast is doing some kind of cosplay contest to promote the new Magic set coming out in a few weeks. Here are some entries and their descriptions

Forbidden tomes can do quite a lot to an individual. Such as drive them insane and ignite their latent planeswalker spark. Appolus is now a demon summoner with an insatiable thirst for dark knowledge

Dr Jace is the worst mime in Earth History.

Everything within the known universe breathes a tune of either healing or destruction. It is simply a matter of which you choose to dance to. I come from a long line of healers; I have yet to choose..

"I'm no more mad then anyone else... which begs the question, am I as sane as you? Or are you as mad as me? And which answer scares you more?" Been playing M:TG since Alpha, This would be a dream!!!

i am a truly evil and powerul wizard but i still love to PARTYYYYYY!!!!!

Kilren - The Last of the Goblin Fez Wearers

Meow-Ku is a vicious Cat Fire Mage. She'll burn ALL THE THINGS and then go play with ALL THE STRING

Wacky, quick to laugh, creative, and open to new experieces. An explorer who finds wonder in every glade and thicket, but who is not reluctant to punnish those that abuse nature. Distractable.

The Gates of Time are but a paved road for those that carry witt, spark and sword.

The name's Darius, a Planeswalker for hire. I work for the highest bidder and hunt other Planeswalkers for fun. My arsenal includes a magic calibrated blunderbuss, goggles, a dagger, traps and tricks.

An ironic and dutiful elf left in the wake of Chandra's destruction, he has made it his charge to prevent the plane from burning. He aspires to work at Chandra's side, in case of emergencies.

The intellect of a god. The tenacity of a devil.

Swagferno the Fierce has swagnetic powers that make ladies clothering burn off.

Feel free to peruse more: http://igniteyoursparkcontest.com/gallery.php

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Seen in an Programming for Engineers class.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

The sticker is awkward but that's a $30,000 car. I'd say he has more sense than to wear a fedora.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

El Scandelouse posted:

The sticker is awkward but that's a $30,000 car. I'd say he has more sense than to wear a fedora.

I don't have a picture but it was a awkward skinny kid coming from the local college. He didn't pay for the car.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

El Scandelouse posted:

I know a man in his late 30s who makes 150k a year and who regularly wears a fedora with graphic tee, cargo shorts, and cheap scandals. Don't assume poor fashion sense is limited to the young and unemployed.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

fool_of_sound posted:

I know a man in his late 30s who makes 150k a year and who regularly wears a fedora with graphic tee, cargo shorts, and cheap scandals. Don't assume poor fashion sense is limited to the young and unemployed.

It could be the other way around. Maybe it's a square vs. rectangle kind of thing.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

DStecks posted:

Holy poo poo. I found it. The perfect okcupid profile.

Read it. Read every drat word.

Why do these guys complain so much about being put in the friend zone if friendship is magic?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Why do these guys complain so much about being put in the friend zone if friendship is magic?

Only sexual friendship is magic.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Chase Derringer posted:

Dr Jace is the worst mime in Earth History.

Am I crazy, or is he clearly loving somebody off-camera?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2v2uMX83cI

Guy strangely dances along to electronic music...with a duck.

It's more awkward than ugly, but this guy's dance moves definitely aren't much to look at.

SneekieBinder
Aug 23, 2007

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/502-290.html

Robot Girlfriend
May 23, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Could it be a "How I Met Your Mother" reference? I don't know if that makes it better, but I read it in Neil Patrick Harris' voice.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

"My hubby and our girlfriend make me pay for everything. They love me so much" :stonklol:

Rambling Robot has a new favorite as of 08:07 on Jul 4, 2013

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Pity the resolution's tiny - but the middle jacket is too small for him. Also hatwise, none of the brims remotely match his facial ratios, giving him that bobble head look in the second photo. He's appearing to be wearing oh-so-slightly too small clothing that further diminishes his height.

Point is, you don't have to be wearing clothes from the mid 20th century to either
A: look good, as the rules still apply to modern wear.
B: assert your masculinity or "class" as you fear dressing well in the 21st century makes you gay.

Plus just reading his profile - if by having a profile where you express not getting laid while announcing your gun and knife collection in the middle of a girl's toy isle makes you wonder why you're alone...

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
This is why shows like "How Do I Look?" and "What Not to Wear" are so gratifying, because instead of just having to cringe and armchair stylist these people, they actually get to go and throw away all their terrible clothes and force them to buy clothes that are appropriate for their lives and that fit well. And the haircut and make-over section is always a relief too, although most of them are irritatingly ungrateful, like "Oh, okay, yeah it looks nice... I guess..." when their new hairstyle is clearly more flattering than the last. There's also steps taken to improve their self-image, which is usually the underlying cause of their style problems.

Although most of the people in the photos in this thread have ugly personalities too, which is harder to fix. :reject: But I do enjoy a good your-suit-sucks breakdown.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm not seeing any butt cheeks in this pic. Lady needs to do some squats!

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Target Practice posted:

Seen in an Programming for Engineers class.

is the guy chinese? he doesn't look chinese from behind.

撲: rush at, throw oneself at, pounce, assault
害羞: blush, shy

guess he wants to throw himself blushing and shy horses :psydwarf: why is the shirt in Chinese?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pokey Araya posted:

Anti-Hover Hand

NESguerilla posted:

poo poo. Indeed it is a shop. It's the same hands in every picture. I guess the question now is why? Did he think that would impress people or is it supposed to be some sort of dumb joke?
The hands aren't shopped. It's similar lighting, those are always his hands and he holds the fingers together so they look similar but they aren't photoshopped as you can see small differences in shadows and finger positions. The blurriness is just the photos being slightly out of focus+bad lighting. The guy is a legit creep.

Palpek has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Jul 4, 2013

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

cyfad posted:

guess he wants to throw himself blushing and shy horses :psydwarf: why is the shirt in Chinese?
I think the pony on the T-Shirt is called "Fluttershy" - as for why it's in Chinese, it's quite possible the guy was aiming for Japanese (torrents for the Japanese dub of My Little Pony are bizarrely popular) and didn't know he'd gotten the wrong language (are there Chinese bronies though?)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Palpek posted:

The hands aren't shopped. It's similar lighting, those are always his hands and he holds the fingers together so they look similar but they aren't photoshopped as you can see small differences in shadows and finger positions. The blurriness is just the photos being slightly out of focus+bad lighting. The guy is a legit creep.

That last picture definitely has the hand from the second to last photoshopped in, even if the rest are him actually touching the women.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

DStecks posted:

Holy poo poo. I found it. The perfect okcupid profile.

Read it. Read every drat word.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is- if he's telling the truth on his profile- he potentially makes more money than I do. Granted, that could be $40k-50k in California or NYC for all I know, but still- somewhere, for some reason, this man receives $40k-50k a year for services rendered and he spends that money on My Little Pony, suits, and fedoras.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Can we quit it with the beard talk? "I have a beard but it's better than that one for the following dumb reasons".

Content: Teen dad from a non-rural Ontario city, btw.

Quit stealing the South's trashy look, Canada.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

cyfad posted:

is the guy chinese? he doesn't look chinese from behind.

撲: rush at, throw oneself at, pounce, assault
害羞: blush, shy

I'm just going to guess he's trying to effect the word "glomp."

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

God, glomping. I'm only just now able to casually hug a friend while saying hello or goodbye, and I think it's because some of my weirder friends in middle and high school were into glomping and every hug felt like an attack. What a perverse form of affection.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

RazorBunny posted:

God, glomping. I'm only just now able to casually hug a friend while saying hello or goodbye, and I think it's because some of my weirder friends in middle and high school were into glomping and every hug felt like an attack. What a perverse form of affection.

I don't know what you are talking about.

This makes me happy.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

TShields posted:

I think the thing that bothers me the most is- if he's telling the truth on his profile- he potentially makes more money than I do. Granted, that could be $40k-50k in California or NYC for all I know, but still- somewhere, for some reason, this man receives $40k-50k a year for services rendered and he spends that money on My Little Pony, suits, and fedoras.

This is the most offensive thing to me. I know parents who work their fingers to the bone, 40+ hours a week each without breaks, barely earning money, meanwhile neckbeard bronies have jobs where they can spend most of the day on the internet whining about their favorite cartoon and spend tons of disposable income on little toy ponies to jack off onto. That is why I didn't vote for Pony Romney.

Could I get a timeline as to when people will stop wearing pajama pants in public? I'm not a fascist, I can understand jumping into a pair of track pants/sweat pants if you need to just run out for a few things after wearing work clothes all day, but I thought we were over the pajama pants and slippers thing like ten years ago.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

TheMightyHandful posted:

I don't know what you are talking about.

This makes me happy.

Imagine the way a very small child will sometimes run headlong at a beloved family member and launch themselves bodily into a hug, sometimes surprising the other person. It's cute when a little kid does it, right? Not so cute when you're talking about two adults, especially when the one doing the hugging is about 300 pounds and the one being hugged is about 105 dripping wet.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

RazorBunny posted:

Imagine the way a very small child will sometimes run headlong at a beloved family member and launch themselves bodily into a hug, sometimes surprising the other person. It's cute when a little kid does it, right? Not so cute when you're talking about two adults, especially when the one doing the hugging is about 300 pounds and the one being hugged is about 105 dripping wet.

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I think of Glomp! as the onomatopoeia for the noise it makes when they hit you and their fat's kinetic energy causes it to encase itself around the victim.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plan Z posted:

Could I get a timeline as to when people will stop wearing pajama pants in public? I'm not a fascist, I can understand jumping into a pair of track pants/sweat pants if you need to just run out for a few things after wearing work clothes all day, but I thought we were over the pajama pants and slippers thing like ten years ago.

Come to the South where it's alive and well. Where probably as with many things we're about ten years behind the curve. We had local politicians trying to make it illegal not too long ago (it didn't go over too well):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/18/ban-pajamas_n_1212542.html

Michael Willams posted:

"The moral fiber in our community is dwindling," Williams says. "If not now, when? Because it's pajama pants today, next it will be underwear tomorrow."

Don't miss the video at the end, a little bit of awkward and gross.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

RazorBunny posted:

I have done some research and, judging by this video, glomping involves anime nerds trying to kill each other, so I have to say that I'm in favor of it for societal reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhnAGU1jznE

Of course, I only watched about 30 seconds of it.

Inevitable has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Jul 4, 2013

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

ookiimarukochan posted:

I think the pony on the T-Shirt is called "Fluttershy"
Yup.

If it were really the Chinese name for the character, though, it would probably be written out phonetically.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Inevitable posted:

I have done some research and, judging by this video, glomping involves anime nerds trying to kill each other, so I have to say that I'm in favor of it for societal reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhnAGU1jznE

Of course, I only watched about 30 seconds of it.

Well, that is just painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Hirayuki posted:

Yup.

If it were really the Chinese name for the character, though, it would probably be written out phonetically.

oh, I see. I just looked the characters up and didn't think that he might have used googletranslate to turn it into Chinese.

what a dumb guy. automated translations of chinese are always terrible

• Locked thread