Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Where can I listen to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kunster posted:

Where can I listen to it?

runbuttonpodcast.com

Sounds like Kyle's got to ramp up the branding efforts.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

runbuttonpodcast.com

Sounds like Kyle's got to ramp up the branding efforts.
We usually post out podcasts to youtube, I don't know why he didn't.

Also, in addition to being, i guess, busier than he has been (unconfirmed) there are also some serious issues with the next few episodes, edit-wise. So basically a poo poo storm of oops-we-can't-put-out-videos.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd like to keep up with you guys on Twitter but you kids had better got off my lawn with your daggum social media connectivity hullaballoo.

Shame there's some technical difficulties on Kyle's end but I can't really blame him. This is a lot of stuff you guys are juggling.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
At Kyle's request I took the podcast audio and threw it up on YouTube, so you can find it there, now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'd like to keep up with you guys on Twitter but you kids had better got off my lawn with your daggum social media connectivity hullaballoo.

Shame there's some technical difficulties on Kyle's end but I can't really blame him. This is a lot of stuff you guys are juggling.

I follow like 12 people and one of them is kyle and he's like 40% of my feed including retweets. yep.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kyle, Keith, did your opinions about the Xbox One change at all in the last month? That stuff you said about it in the new podcast seemed kind of knee-jerk.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Somethingdumb posted:

We usually post out podcasts to youtube, I don't know why he didn't.

Also, in addition to being, i guess, busier than he has been (unconfirmed) there are also some serious issues with the next few episodes, edit-wise. So basically a poo poo storm of oops-we-can't-put-out-videos.

What sorts of problems? The Tech Support Fort can help with a lot of weird stuff.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Justin_Brett posted:

Kyle, Keith, did your opinions about the Xbox One change at all in the last month? That stuff you said about it in the new podcast seemed kind of knee-jerk.
I'm not necessarily sold on either system yet, so I'm kind of bummed out that microsoft went back on all their poo poo. They repealed the things people were hating, but also took away some things I was excited about. From the perspective of someone who wasn't committed to the system, I'd rather they kept everything the way it was. XB1 DRM changes are similar to the ME3 changes. Is technically an improvement? Yes. It is entirely less interesting? Definitely.

The T posted:

What sorts of problems? The Tech Support Fort can help with a lot of weird stuff.

I'm not sure of the specific problem this time, but usually what happens is that the audio runs faster/slower than the video so Kyle has to go in and resync everything bit by bit. Not difficult, but time consuming. It could be something totally different this time, though.

Somethingdumb fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 27, 2013

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Somethingdumb posted:

I'm not necessarily sold on either system yet, so I'm kind of bummed out that microsoft went back on all their poo poo. They repealed the things people were hating, but also took away some things I was excited about. From the perspective of someone who wasn't committed to the system, I'd rather they kept everything the way it was. XB1 DRM changes are similar to the ME3 changes. Is technically an improvement? Yes. It is entirely less interesting? Definitely.

If you were excited about the whole game sharing idea, it was only going to be demo length sharing. :geno:

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Somethingdumb posted:

I'm not sure of the specific problem this time, but usually what happens is that the audio runs faster/slower than the video so Kyle has to go in and resync everything bit by bit. Not difficult, but time consuming. It could be something totally different this time, though.

This sounds like something that would be easier to do in an automated way (stretching either the video or the audio depending on which is off) instead of trying to do it manually.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

The T posted:

This sounds like something that would be easier to do in an automated way (stretching either the video or the audio depending on which is off) instead of trying to do it manually.

Not if you're capture card is dumb as hell like mine is and desyncs at an inconsistent rate.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Mico posted:

Not if you're capture card is dumb as hell like mine is and desyncs at an inconsistent rate.

That's exactly the problem we occasionally have.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Personally I am kind of happy over the break. I'm on vacation and would have a difficult time convincing my gf not to go out and instead watch the latest update - though she is liking your Silent Hill playlists.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Houle posted:

I'm on vacation and would have a difficult time convincing my gf not to go out and instead watch the latest update

I just...wait until I'm not with people to watch let's plays... For example, AFTER I go out. Is my practice not common?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Houle posted:

Personally I am kind of happy over the break. I'm on vacation and would have a difficult time convincing my gf not to go out and instead watch the latest update - though she is liking your Silent Hill playlists.
I wish I had an other who enjoyed watching LPs with me :sigh: envying you man, but I agree, a vacation from K&K ain't such a bad thing.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
A demo of a SMB sprite sheet that I'm working on.

http://youtu.be/N57ApspYHVE

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm sorry, but that looks like a cheap flash game.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

mkwong98 posted:

Everything that isn't Mario looks alright

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

mkwong98 posted:

Change the text to Russian and it'll be perfect.

e: Oh god I think I can hear an imp melee'ing the doom guy in your video

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

mkwong98 posted:

Wow, why would anyone do this? Mario especially looks like a terrible MSPaint drawing, but really none of it looks good, and some things (the ground texture, for instance) look super out of place.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
I dunno, I just get the impression he's loving around to familiarize himself with SDL. Not sure why that merits a post here though.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shintaro posted:

I dunno, I just get the impression he's loving around to familiarize himself with SDL. Not sure why that merits a post here though.

It's the only thing they post about in this thread, it's pretty weird.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
That video is recorded from an emulator which allows anyone to replace the game graphics with their own, so that is not a fan remake of SMB, but a run of the NES SMB ROM. I suppose I can use the official artwork, but there are many restrictions since the ROM file is not modified. For example when Mario is standing still, the left part of the body is a mirror image of the right part, so I can't make him stand sideway like all the later Mario games.

BTW, there are many little things that I noticed when working on the game. When I was playing this game years ago, I didn't notice that a frame from the swimming animation is used as the hurt animation when big Mario takes damage. And I used to think that the transformation of small Mario to big Mario consists of flashing between the two sizes, but actually there is a mid-sized Mario with a big head and small body.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mkwong98 posted:

That video is recorded from an emulator which allows anyone to replace the game graphics with their own, so that is not a fan remake of SMB, but a run of the NES SMB ROM. I suppose I can use the official artwork, but there are many restrictions since the ROM file is not modified. For example when Mario is standing still, the left part of the body is a mirror image of the right part, so I can't make him stand sideway like all the later Mario games.

BTW, there are many little things that I noticed when working on the game. When I was playing this game years ago, I didn't notice that a frame from the swimming animation is used as the hurt animation when big Mario takes damage. And I used to think that the transformation of small Mario to big Mario consists of flashing between the two sizes, but actually there is a mid-sized Mario with a big head and small body.

I know you're excited about your Mario spritework, but the thread is miles beyond the point where these words you have typed would be relevant.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm also the bush
\
:yaycloud:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know you're excited about your Mario spritework, but the thread is miles beyond the point where these words you have typed would be relevant.

If it counts for anything, I thought what he wrote was interesting.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Davinci posted:

If it counts for anything, I thought what he wrote was interesting.

Yeah, I'm indifferent to his game, but the sprite trivia was interesting indeed.
Not Mario related, but K&K related: at what point did they start hating the Sonic LP? I started at Sonic Adventure, and have slowly been making my way through it, and they still seem to be enjoying everything at that point.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Probably during Unleashed when they got really bad at it.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Sonic '06 is a train wreck of a game and they seemed pretty miserable going through it, but that misery makes them some of the funniest videos in the entire LP.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
This guy made an AI program that can learn how to play SMB and other platformer:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tom7/mario/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Are you Ulillillia?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Aurora posted:

Are you Ulillillia?
No, everybody knows Ulililia is into Sonic, not Mario, duh! :downs:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PrBacterio posted:

No, everybody knows Ulililia is into Sonic, not Mario, duh! :downs:

Except when he isn't

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Who is Ulililia?

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

mkwong98 posted:

Who is Ulililia?

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Ulillillia

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I always thought the ref in Punch Out was Mario

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mkwong98 posted:

Who is Ulililia?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426257

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Vincent posted:

I always thought the ref in Punch Out was Mario

I'm pretty sure there exists a version where Mario was indeed the ref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It's called "all the versions". It's what I was referring cryptically to when I said they missed one before SMB2us. The newspaper that displays your password before the Tyson fight reveals that yes, that is Mario reffing the fight. And that he's a deadbeat dad.

• Locked thread