Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElBob
May 16, 2004

Kaylee, what the hell's going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys?

Kilonum posted:

You might want to change your password now.

Wow that was special. Thanks. And I wrote this script because GBS-FM only does MP3s and I have a large collection of lossless files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

Get back to me when the majority of your adds aren't dumb gimmick crap for nerds.

None of them ever were?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

ashgromnies posted:

We should do GBS.tv again. There are better solutions for streaming nowadays than there were six years ago.
I don't remember GBS.tv terribly well. How would it differ in operation from Goontube, which is active now?

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

Is there any way to get a password reset? I haven't been on in forever and it looks like I changed my password at some point and forgot about it?

e: Wooo!

Buddy_Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 20, 2013

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Buddy_Cthulhu posted:

Is there any way to get a password reset? I haven't been on in forever and it looks like I changed my password at some point and forgot about it?

Check your PMs.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ElBob posted:

Wow that was special. Thanks. And I wrote this script because GBS-FM only does MP3s and I have a large collection of lossless files.

iTunes: right-click, convert to MP3; too hard?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

ashgromnies posted:

We should do GBS.tv again. There are better solutions for streaming nowadays than there were six years ago.

Better: have a Skype group call on Movie Night and record that.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Merijn posted:

Better: have a Skype group call on Movie Night and record that.

If you think that's better you've clearly never taken part in movie night!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

newsomnuke posted:

If you think that's better you've clearly never taken part in movie night!

Yes I have! :parrot:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Just emailed for a password reset. Jesus, it's been a dog's age since I heard "hot in the airport" or "don't stop believin."

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

pr0k posted:

Jesus, it's been a dog's age since I heard "hot in the airport" or "don't stop believin."
Don't get your hopes too high. :(

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?

pr0k posted:

Just emailed for a password reset. Jesus, it's been a dog's age since I heard "hot in the airport" or "don't stop believin."

Tune in to any classic rock station, and you're sure to hear one of those before too long!

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

leebenningfield posted:

Tune in to any classic rock station, and you're sure to hear one of those before too long!

Or go to any American sporting event!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Peachstapler posted:

Don't get your hopes too high. :(

Christ you're like Radar O'Reilly. "Don't stop be"-BOOM THERE'S PEACHSTAPLER.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally, I can put and play hours of songs with names that range from Anal Volcano, to Urine Urine again! :unsmigghh:

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
It's 90s pop music night. Come relive your teenage years (except for delfin).

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Missed grabbing this earlier, it would have been glorious.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

So I'm guessing it's Canaday today? The background is glorious and animated.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

Or go to any American sporting event!

imagine the whole stadium singing along to "Hot in the Airport"

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
A fair warning to those who interfere with early morning (ET) black / death metal sets - punishment will be cruel and eternal.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Doctor Malaver posted:

A fair warning to those who interfere with early morning (ET) black / death metal sets - punishment will be cruel and eternal.

Pffft. If you long-haired Satan-worshippers can make me turn down the volume all the time to save my ears from being violated by burp-songs, I can interrupt your devil-music, too.

Thwarting each other's attempts to inflict one's tastes upon listeners is all part of the GBS-FM spirit.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

:patriot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Man, every few months I load this back up, and am reminded how terrible goons' taste in music is. :smithicide:

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
It's for a special occasion, we are being festive!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It's not even bad right now, I just keep tuning in during 'scandanavian man chokes to death on his boyfriend's Prince Albert' death metal hours.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Thanks for the reminder to log in and queue up J-pop, just for you. :3:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Rushputin posted:

Pffft. If you long-haired Satan-worshippers can make me turn down the volume all the time to save my ears from being violated by burp-songs, I can interrupt your devil-music, too.

:hb: Narz abargulsh Rushputin oo herkai umor strashan! :hb:

AH HA HA HA HA

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

How many more times do we need to hear Alannah Myles - Black Velvet? Actually I'm a new listener so I can't tell if GBS.fm is working as intended or if it's accidentally stuck playing the one song over and over. Currently the playlist is 0 songs long and just repeating.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Stoca Zola posted:

How many more times do we need to hear Alannah Myles - Black Velvet? Actually I'm a new listener so I can't tell if GBS.fm is working as intended or if it's accidentally stuck playing the one song over and over. Currently the playlist is 0 songs long and just repeating.
If nobody adds any more songs when the station hits the end of the playlist, the last song will repeat until someone adds something. That usually only happens in the middle of the night when nobody's listening, though even then there's usually a random eurogoon to keep things moving.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
When the playlist runs out, the last track just repeats.

European mornings tend to be a bit quiet. The user base should pick-up in a bit and bring you back to your usual level of randomness. Or you can just have your own block.

If you're still looking for an eclectic mix there are no commands through the site but @random and/or @a aup in the IRC channel will keep things interesting.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Ahh cheers for the explanation, I'll know next time to add something myself.

I'm not US or EU but AU so possibly I will find a few lulls in content.

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 11, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Jormagund posted:

Or you can just have your own block.

I do this a lot. Fun for adding an entire album you just uploaded.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Let's go find the cat.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Let's go find the Ke$ha.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo looks like I am going to have to turn off for the next ... 4 hours? or I'll never get any sleep.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Long playlists show the station is succesfull, citizen.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
I would like to make a public apology to anyone with working ears listening right now.

Normal service of bear-growling black metal will be resumed in the not to distant future.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Jormagund posted:

I would like to make a public apology to anyone with working ears listening right now.

Normal service of bear-growling black metal will be resumed in the not to distant future.

Do not step to me, brother.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
I'd like to point out for the record that I was not responsible for this in any way, not that I have any problem with it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

I'd like to point out for the record that I was not responsible for this in any way, not that I have any problem with it...

Says the man who uploaded enough Ke$ha to start the apocalypse.

• Locked thread