Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://twitter.com/thisislijoe/status/352139839220613121

I hope Kotaku doesn't look at the rest of his tweets...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wrong, Jarek! This is not a brutality! This is the final post for the Top 200 Fighting Game Endings!

Part Ten (#20-1)

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Gavok posted:

Wrong, Jarek! This is not a brutality! This is the final post for the Top 200 Fighting Game Endings!

Part Ten (#20-1)

That was pretty awesome. Thanks for the write-ups!

UMMBSULKAIIIIEEEEEEE!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Waterbed posted:

If you knew LI Joe, it wouldn't really surprise you.

He's a pretty stand up guy with everything but gender issues.

Did he ever manage to get Brazzers to sponsor him

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Did he ever manage to get Brazzers to sponsor him

It was all a gag

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Is BlazBlue completely written off as a franchise for something for obsessive anime fans or is there any hope for Chronophantasma at all? BB is the only fighting game I'd ever gotten halfway decent at, but fell out of playing around the time of CS2's console launch. It doesn't help that I dislike almost everyone I've met who's a fan of it spare for a rare few decent people, meaning that if I wanna get offline practise then I'm stuck around some pretty horrible people. All the dead-on people I know who play fighting games almost exclusively play either SF4 (which I don't have fun any time I've tried it) or Marvel (it feels like I'm too late to the party if I want to start off casually with it)

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Question Mark Mound posted:

Is BlazBlue completely written off as a franchise for something for obsessive anime fans or is there any hope for Chronophantasma at all? BB is the only fighting game I'd ever gotten halfway decent at, but fell out of playing around the time of CS2's console launch. It doesn't help that I dislike almost everyone I've met who's a fan of it spare for a rare few decent people, meaning that if I wanna get offline practise then I'm stuck around some pretty horrible people. All the dead-on people I know who play fighting games almost exclusively play either SF4 (which I don't have fun any time I've tried it) or Marvel (it feels like I'm too late to the party if I want to start off casually with it)

Blazblue is very difficult to get into right now, since all we've got outside of Japan is CSE, and that game's online scene is very small and populated by fairly skilled players. It's also difficult if you want to play certain characters, since rushdown is so powerful in the engine due to the almost non-existent meter gain if you're not hitting with moves and some characters' (lookin' at you here, lambda) lack of meterless reversals besides bursts.

Take this all with a grain of salt, though, I'm probably the farthest from an expert on Blazblue as you can find.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A bunch of BB players also migrated to P4A, but I do expect a resurgence whenever Chrono Phantasma (anime games and their dumb-rear end names) comes out. But there's also Guilty Gear Xrd Sign (ugh) on the horizon, so...

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Worldwide Panther posted:

Blazblue is very difficult to get into right now, since all we've got outside of Japan is CSE, and that game's online scene is very small and populated by fairly skilled players. It's also difficult if you want to play certain characters, since rushdown is so powerful in the engine due to the almost non-existent meter gain if you're not hitting with moves and some characters' (lookin' at you here, lambda) lack of meterless reversals besides bursts.

Take this all with a grain of salt, though, I'm probably the farthest from an expert on Blazblue as you can find.
Nu/Lambda is poo poo now? Ah gently caress, she was always my main. I dabbled with Ragna sometimes so if I do play then he might have to be my go-to.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nu is mid tier-ish in CP, Mu is high tier. CP is a huge step forward for the series in terms of playability overall, but if your local scene for it sucks I highly doubt that will change even after CP hits.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Even if the online is good enough to carry me a little that'll be something. That's what I did for CT before any kind of scene hit in Ireland and I ended up top 16 in what I think was the biggest UK tournament at the time and was holding my own against the eventual top 3.

Although I supposed there's way more to learn now in terms of matchups than there was back in CT.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
New Mortal Kombat was just released on Steam. Hope the online is decent because $30 is a chunk I really don't like paying.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

MK9 is out on PC now. Been a lot of PC fighter talk lately. No GFWL is the best part.

Getting played over here: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/new/

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I'm gonna hold off buying MK9 on steam until the sale rolls around in a week or so.

E:^poo poo tons of lag....

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 3, 2013

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
haha, the lobby is way creepy when its not xbox avatars

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
The site's currently being hammered because of its current promos and people in the US often have trouble buying from them, but the code GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG will get you 25% off MK9 on GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition/

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Hi goons.

Who else is going to EVO?

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
I am, for Sunday and ST.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

interrodactyl posted:

Hi goons.

Me me me me. Entered AE and Tekken. Going to have one hell of a first match in Tekken. If anyone is playing Windjammers I am SO down for that.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I am also going. Skullgirls on friday, marvel and injustice on saturday. I'll probably be playing skullgirls most of the weekend so come say hi!

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'll be playing Marvel, SF4, and Injustice. Viscant is in my SF4 pool and Valle is in my Marvel pool, good thing it's not the other way 'round :v:.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
The 10 year streak of work or money saying no to evo and me continues.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
So since I'm an idiot and bought MK on Steam, who's the character closest to M. Bison? Aggressive/rushdown, strong normals, very little reliance on flash/combos, etc...?

I've barely played yet but from the tutorial mode and a few tower challenges, the characters I've tried all kinda feel the same. Also: anything important I should know as an MK first timer that's not apparent from the get-go?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

More MK questions, I have it downloading on Steam right now, but I never played the game (or any block button fighters) on stick before.

Does the default scheme get too weird on a Madcatz TE? I usually just try to adapt to the default setting on games but I know this was made with the MK "X" layout in mind, so I don't know if it gets too wonky on a "normal" stick. If so, what's a good alternative?

E: Well, this was pretty useful, now I just have to pick between thumb or pinky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7BsYrtdUK8

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 4, 2013

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

interrodactyl posted:

Hi goons.

I'll be there for Skullgirls.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Gavok posted:

Part Ten (#20-1)

Just chiming in after marathoning through these, they were really well-done and I learned a lot about Capcom lore that I never knew before. Thanks for taking the time to do these articles.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Gavok posted:

Part Ten (#20-1)

I've really enjoyed reading these, so thanks for doing it! I was just waiting for the Jarek one to show up. I also think you pretty much nailed the top spot. We'll see a Garou 2 some day maybe... right? :smithicide:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yatagarasu devs got convinced/internet-mobbed to implement GGPO for AoC :toot:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68142736&postcount=136

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

just a butt posted:

Welp that's all it took for me. Contributing.

Not that it really matters, what are the chances itll even hit the goal.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gutcruncher posted:

Not that it really matters, what are the chances itll even hit the goal.

Fairly good now, actually.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

just a butt posted:

Welp. Giving them my money now.

If you've ever wanted to play a good version of 3S where Chun isn't broken as poo poo and the white version of Dudley has Genei-Jin, this is the game for you.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

interrodactyl posted:

Welp. Giving them my money now.

If you've ever wanted to play a good version of 3S where Chun isn't broken as poo poo and the white version of Dudley has Genei-Jin, this is the game for you.

Uh wow this looks really good.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

Uh wow this looks really good.

There's a version of it that they sold digitally a few months back ( http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu ). I like it a bunch, but a lot of the characters don't feel finished and there are two different clone characters and the netcode is not amazing. The parry system is cool because it's two different buttons, and it's really good looking in motion. I hope this gets lot of money and they add a bunch of new characters and ggpo. Anyways buy that version and play with me.

Do it.

e: http://www.orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3639 also here's a p. good character and systems guide.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Probably should have made it clear, but GGPO netcode is a stretch goal instead of an instant-include when it hits funding. It's the first stretch goal at $71,000, so it should not be difficult to reach it provided the game gets funded anyways. And the funding model is set such that the devs receive money regardless of what tiers are met, so yeah.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I'll be going to EVO. I'll be the dude with the hugest camera you've ever seen.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

Hi goons.

I will also be at Evo this year. I was somehow magically able to get the time off this year to go.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
a little :nws:
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/353048632817225729

I don't know if I can call that news, Team Ninja.

Game cover:

Also, the game is going to have four different Japanese collector's editions and they're all probably $100+ in price:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/home.html#ce
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/home.html#screenshots_ce

Kind of wish they could try and give us some actual gameplay news/trailers.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Is there a time frame for the US release of DoA5:U yet? I don't remember seeing one.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Early September. Sep 3rd according to Wikipedia, but that may change. The game's been in testing phase for about a month now and they're pretty much finished, so the game may actually be release by the 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Focus-Attack has $10 off Qanba/Eightarc sticks until July 9th

It's not as good as the Madcatz sticks will be when Evo hits (probably $99 for the MLG and others), but you can get a Qanba Q4RAF for $140 bucks, which is compatible with 360, PS3 and PC. So it'd be cheaper/easier to have a dual modded stick than getting a TE with a Cerberus or PS360+. Plus they're supposedly pretty good sticks.

• Locked thread