Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Geostomp posted:

Excuse me?

Phoenix Wright: Texas Execution? I'm in love with the poncho outfit a little too much.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Just want to note that the PlayStation Store now has a Metal Gear Rising Ultimate Edition: main game and all DLC, including the Gray Fox and MGS4 Raiden preorder bonuses, for about $60. It's apparently a limited-time thing, though, so if you want it you should be quick.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Kadorhal posted:

Just want to note that the PlayStation Store now has a Metal Gear Rising Ultimate Edition: main game and all DLC, including the Gray Fox and MGS4 Raiden preorder bonuses, for about $60. It's apparently a limited-time thing, though, so if you want it you should be quick.

It's only $45 for PlayStation+ users.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It was also onsale for like 25-30 during E3. I think people mentioned it in the MGR thread in games. I don't think it will be a limited time thing as 60 bucks is the normal price.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I bought this game at launch, full price, after being exposed to the demo by one of my friends, and I have to say it was probably one of my best decisions this year. I can't remember the last time I've been so engrossed in a game, just alternating between chopping up dudes for their delicious spinal fluid and sitting listening to my buddies codec at me all day long, all while dressed as a fabulous mariachi player. :ese:

But that's beside the point, because I come bearing gifts! In one of the DLCs, someone dug around in the game files and was able to find a version of Wolf's theme with the kickass flamenco intro minus the baked-in sound effects from previous rips. It is about as cool as I expected it to be, which is to say, very:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

3 posted:

In one of the DLCs, someone dug around in the game files and was able to find a version of Wolf's theme with the kickass flamenco intro minus the baked-in sound effects from previous rips. It is about as cool as I expected it to be, which is to say, very:

You're awesome. This is the best version of this song I've heard, so far.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

3 posted:

But that's beside the point, because I come bearing gifts! In one of the DLCs, someone dug around in the game files and was able to find a version of Wolf's theme with the kickass flamenco intro minus the baked-in sound effects from previous rips. It is about as cool as I expected it to be, which is to say, very:

Oh, hell yes.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

3 posted:

More awesome music.

Really kinda wish all these music posts littered throughout this thread were all collected somewhere... the music is that good, but I have to keep hunting through for the song I want. Still, thank you music posters for doing this!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

We need a similar version for Mistral's theme and I'll be forever happy

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Jenner posted:

Really kinda wish all these music posts littered throughout this thread were all collected somewhere... the music is that good, but I have to keep hunting through for the song I want. Still, thank you music posters for doing this!

Silentman0 posted:

When Platinum released the game, they put out two different soundtracks, one with a preorder and one on its own. One just has the instrumentals, the other has the voices. Viciousreiven decided to mix the two together to get the full experience. Here's Rules of Nature, the song from the fight against UG Ray:

Silentman0 posted:

"I'm My Own Master Now," Blade Wolf's theme, unfortunately does not come with the bitchin' Spanish guitar intro anywhere except in the in-game files, which has the sound effects baked in.

Silentman0 posted:

If you like the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack but don't like all the dubstepping, a bunch of the songs in the game were found unfinished in the demo before they were sent off to Maniac Agenda. I'll try and find the ones that were found and post them along with the extended versions as they come up. Typical Youtube warnings for spoilers, and such.

"Locked and Loaded," the original version of UG Ray's theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNml9OtE1vM

Original mix of "I'm My Own Master Now" (cuts off at the end, still doesn't have acoustic opening.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lb-UNKDPY

One of the game's composers or programmers, I forget who, publically disowned the unfinished versions, claiming the Maniac Agenda versions are the ones that you should be listening to. So, uh, don't enjoy these, I guess.

Silentman0 posted:

A Stranger I Remain is Mistral's theme.

Here's the "original" version. (Youtube warning)

The singer for this song is Free Dominguez, the lead singer for the band Kidneythieves. If you like this song, check out her Bandcamp, it's good stuff.

3 posted:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Kadorhal posted:

Is this only in the US store? I'm not seeing it in the UK one.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
:allears: Blade Wolf's theme is my favorite. It just sounds so drat heroic and noble and determined, even moreso than the final boss. I would totally buy a Blade Wolf game (provided it was as deep as Rising and not stealth-based like the DLC). Blade Wolf is a true hero. :patriot: :woof: :patriot:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I do like Blade Wolf as a character; unlike a lot of the conversations in metal gear games the ones with Blade Wolf are genuinely interesting. It's fun seeing an AI that isn't insane or controlling or all the usual AI tropes but instead is just an intelligence in a body bound by rules and made by man.

The fact that he appears to be developing a sarcastic streak is even better because given his situation ('I may analyse orders but not disobey them') I'd expect an intelligence to develop a pretty dry attitude towards the world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know the music has been praised a thousand times over at this point, but seriously, Mistral's theme is like the catchiest drat song. I cannot stop listening to it.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I heard almost nothing about this game, I just assumed it was Metal Gear 5000. I am expecting it in the mail in a few days, been playing Bayonetta in the meantime to keep the edge off.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm currently in the middle of recording more Revengeance, but for now I've finally picked up the Incredible Crisis LP I started months ago for the hard games thread. Episode 2 was just put up.

yes
Aug 26, 2004

Chip Cheezum posted:

I'm currently in the middle of recording more Revengeance, but for now I've finally picked up the Incredible Crisis LP I started months ago for the hard games thread. Episode 2 was just put up.

thanks chip.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Ohh man, I loved me some Incredible Crisis way back when. Honestly I'm not even sure how the hell I got my copy, it's one of those games that just sort of 'was'. The minigames were rather...hit and miss, but some of them were just stellar. Glad to see it pop up again. I think a weird tangent was that was the thing that got me into Lupin the III, since the band that did the music for the game, The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, also did the theme for Lupin.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Chip Cheezum posted:

Dear god, this game is :japan: as hell.
I love it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

McKilligan posted:

Ohh man, I loved me some Incredible Crisis way back when. Honestly I'm not even sure how the hell I got my copy, it's one of those games that just sort of 'was'. The minigames were rather...hit and miss, but some of them were just stellar. Glad to see it pop up again. I think a weird tangent was that was the thing that got me into Lupin the III, since the band that did the music for the game, The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, also did the theme for Lupin.

These guys loving own and everybody should check them out. Great music, tight horns, and killer shows. They own so hard

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kinda just want to echo what Chip and Ironicus and everyone in here said about Raiden's "WHOA!" reaction to Sam's feat of beating guys with machineguns pre-cyborg is not that impressive. MGS2 Raiden beat Vamp and Solidus and both of them were worth dozens of automatic rifle-wielding mooks.

But man...poor George. This is MGS4 levels of forced drama. I guess this game is indeed TOO SERIOUS.
Unless George comes back as a cyborg next episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

NikkolasKing posted:

But man...poor George. This is MGS4 levels of forced drama. I guess this game is indeed TOO SERIOUS.

I dunno, man. I don't think you can compare Raiden cutting a kid in half to Otacon crying about how he loved a dying woman he met for the first time two days ago.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I dunno, man. I don't think you can compare Raiden cutting a kid in half to Otacon crying about how he loved a dying woman he met for the first time two days ago.

A woman who somehow died from cancer in only a few minutes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think George saying he is like "all those American presidents" is funny, but it raises the question of how the MGS series ties in with real life. Like, I originally thought "wow there were a lot of Georges as Presidents. Washington, Bush, Bush, Solidus. but I don't think George W Bush WAS President. I don't think the time matches up. At what point, exactly do things go from "everything is the same except all this poo poo is happening in the background that us normals dont know" and "history is totally different?" Do I care too much about this insignificant thing?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Prison Warden posted:

I think George saying he is like "all those American presidents" is funny, but it raises the question of how the MGS series ties in with real life. Like, I originally thought "wow there were a lot of Georges as Presidents. Washington, Bush, Bush, Solidus. but I don't think George W Bush WAS President. I don't think the time matches up. At what point, exactly do things go from "everything is the same except all this poo poo is happening in the background that us normals dont know" and "history is totally different?" Do I care too much about this insignificant thing?

Solidus was the 43rd President.

The mental image of him and Bill Clinton hanging out is rather amusing.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Prison Warden posted:

You can consider it to be pretty much the same except where it is stated to be different. I am pretty sure Bush Sr. was president at the least, they could probably also just have George Sears in between presidents we actually had as well. It's the kind of thing that as they move forward on the timeline is harder to reference more modern occurrences while also keeping the dates correct.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The 1990s is very different in MGSLand. Well, it was different back during Metal Gear 1 and 2. I don't think all the nukes in the world being done away with or things like OILIX are canon anymore.

Anyway, "George Sears" was president in 2005(MGS1) and I think it was mentioned somewhere that this was his second term? So nope, don't think Dubya was president in MGSLand.

And I don't think it's insignificant at all. I like alternate...well, it's history now. Someone mentioned earlier that the history books in MGS must be great and I wholeheartedly agree.
"In 2009 during a terrorist incident on the Big Shell that was orchestrated by ex-president Sears, 44th
President James Johnson was killed by a Russian cowboy."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

NikkolasKing posted:

The 1990s is very different in MGSLand. Well, it was different back during Metal Gear 1 and 2. I don't think all the nukes in the world being done away with or things like OILIX are canon anymore.

Anyway, "George Sears" was president in 2005(MGS1) and I think it was mentioned somewhere that this was his second term? So nope, don't think Dubya was president in MGSLand.

And I don't think it's insignificant at all. I like alternate...well, it's history now. Someone mentioned earlier that the history books in MGS must be great and I wholeheartedly agree.
"In 2009 during a terrorist incident on the Big Shell that was orchestrated by ex-president Sears, 44th
President James Johnson was killed by a Russian cowboy."

The Metal Gear history is what actually happened. What's in our history books is just what the Patriots want us to think.

Also there's extra letters or something.

VampireWatermelon
Jul 16, 2012

ALFRED! Take me to Joker's hideout!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Metal Gear history is what actually happened. What's in our history books is just what the Patriots want us to think.

Also there's extra letters or something.

And more genomes.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Has the Peace Walker LP been added to the Archives yet? Just curious.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Thunderfinger posted:

It takes literally seconds to look it up and find the answer yourself. The answer is no.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Thunderfinger posted:

It's on C&I's site http://chipandironicus.com/videos/mgspw/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
9/11 did happen in Metal Gear land by the way, followed by the war on terror.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RatHat posted:

Yes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

RatHat posted:

Big Boss did 9/11! :tinfoil:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Get pumped, because Revengeance updates start up tomorrow. We've already recorded all of Chapter 3!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pfft, I'd take more Incredible Crisis over Robo-Sombrero Ninja Fighting any day of the week. My doctor says I'm allergic to fun.:colbert:

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Chip Cheezum posted:

Get pumped, because Revengeance updates start up tomorrow. We've already recorded all of Chapter 3!

To think I wrote this game off as some horrible spin off about one my least favorite MGS characters. How incredibly wrong I was. Almost everything about this game is great. So yeah, I guess you could say I'm already pumped.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Metal Gear Rising #7-1: Return to Ashes.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #7-2: Mile High.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #7-3: Monsoon (Codec)

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.