Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Guild invites caught up to here.

Here's a nice bit of scenery for the new page

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Whoo pvp quests

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mr. nobody posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw&t=125s

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mr. nobody posted:

Is there a new artifact vendor, I'm starting to run low on rares :unsmigghh:

anthonypants posted:

I think he's Hatepeople now.

Someone in the guild stole hoom and hitpeople so I have honesthoom and hatepeople, yeah.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
Looking for a guild invite on Vjornnijlrynktharnl

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

^^^^
At least add some letters with accent marks or something.

Countdown to removal of hedge maze 2.0 has started.

Machai fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 11, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I eat baby skin posted:

Looking for a guild invite on Vjornnijlrynktharnl

Get the gently caress out.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery

Bussamove posted:

Get the gently caress out.

People bitched about my character names back when I started playing at release, but they still invited me. I would like to play with goons and transferred to Deepwood today, but I'm not changing my name, so much appreciated if someone that can type 19 chars wants to reinvite me on Vjornnijlrynktharnl.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I eat baby skin posted:

People bitched about my character names back when I started playing at release, but they still invited me. I would like to play with goons and transferred to Deepwood today, but I'm not changing my name, so much appreciated if someone that can type 19 chars wants to reinvite me on Vjornnijlrynktharnl.

I was kidding you don't have to get the gently caress out. :ssh:

You should have an invite in your mail.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

I eat baby skin posted:

Rift has autocomplete for mailing, and if you talk first people can click your name and send you tells/invites so keep that in mind!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deadtear posted:

Someone in the guild stole hoom and hitpeople so I have honesthoom and hatepeople, yeah.

That's kind of hosed up... but goons.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
No wonder you hatepeople.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Another Crucia kill last night, 9 attempts just like last week (and we got her down to 1mil on our first attempt!).

Just a few notes on the fight, from a DPS perspective.

Phase 1:
-Melee dps should stick to the outer part of the ring until Hedo/Dongs gets agro. He's a little wonky and has a cleave so it's best to stay far away.
-We did great on the turrets, getting the first turret at ~60% on the big golem and the second one coming up around 15%. It's best that we continue to slow down dps on the bigger one at about 20% since without perfect timing of a flare/vandee purging we won't be able to get it down in one turret rotation.
-If you get targeted by the bigger robot (the last one), don't stand near the tanks. Go off to the side and run around so the AE won't hit anyone.
-Little robots were done great.
-I think only one person died to bridge boss which is one less than last week so... progression!

Phase 2 (Including AE and tempest):
-DPS was good and the healers seemed to be on top of things.
-I'm not sure if the orb closer to the boss deals more damage since it's meant for tanks, but if it does melee dps should be stacking at max melee range. She has a huge hitbox so it shouldn't be a problem.
-AE phase went pretty smoothly, most times getting adds down to at least 5% or dead by the time tempest came up.
-Have to be on top of interrupts on the tempest, especially the first concussive cast.
-Stand in the green until one of the tanks gets hit by Crucia.

Phase 3:
-Don't drop laser circles in the middle. As soon as you get targeted run to the edge of the platform. Once it drops, go right outside the first circle and drop the second, repeat for the third.
-As soon as the tank swap is activated everyone should be killing the tank who's controlled.
-Lasers are a bitch, but get a lot harder if you're sitting in the middle.
-Break Free can be used on some of the stuns.
-Don't go anywhere on the sides/in front of the boss. If the taunt doesn't go off as planned you can get cleaved or breathed on.

So, great job last night. Got some good loot and not completely useless stuff from Crucia either.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Congratulations on the full clear! Now let's murder Matron!

Kreczor posted:

Phase 2 (Including AE and tempest):
-Have to be on top of interrupts on the tempest, especially the first concussive cast.

Archon should be able to keep AP up (may need to toggle it during casts to get some charge back). I've noticed that there's a delay before AP actually silences, though, so you may miss the first cast unless you can get on him as soon as he's up.

Kreczor posted:

Phase 3:
-Don't drop laser circles in the middle. As soon as you get targeted run to the edge of the platform. Once it drops, go right outside the first circle and drop the second, repeat for the third.

There is a projectile that is thrown where the bubble will appear, giving it a bit of a delay. You need to watch out for that and then move, don't wait for the circle to appear.

Kreczor posted:

-Lasers are a bitch, but get a lot harder if you're sitting in the middle.

Also, check out this graphic from Rift Scene's guide:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

So anyone know if you get any in game items from Trion for owning Defiance and rift? I know they have the hellbug rifts crossover but I haven't really seen any others they've done yet. Can't go check my account to see if having defiance on it gives me codes to apply to rift for rewards

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

I'm mainly playing with friends on the Oceanic server, but I'm rolling a mage alt to hang with goons. In game as Vartri.

cendien
Sep 14, 2008
Looking for invite! In game as Ajex.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh god Dagler mentioned player-built pvp dimensions in this mmorpg interview. That would be pretty amazing. I tuned in late so will add in more notes when I see the beginning.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Can I get an invite? Character's name is Studebaker.

Edit: Got invite, thanks!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 12, 2013

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Looking for an invite on Marai.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
For Ascend-a-Friend, how do the recruitment voucher codes work? Can two people give each other corgis, or does there need to be a one-way referral chain?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Also, check out this graphic from Rift Scene's guide:

So the trick with that is actually to avoid the safe spots to make sure she doesn't drop AoE's on those spots before the laser phase starts.

Also remember, if you have the yellow circle and she's about to die (less than 50k hp or w/e) drop it on her corpse for hilarity when everyone tries to shift-click the corpse.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Can I get an invite? On as Mikkonen.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
if you would like to experience my ~sick keyboard clicking~ (kind of like playing wow with me, minus the target calling + me screaming profanities at healers) here is the vid from last night of kaliban + a kyzan wipe. the stream is kinda shaky (despite me being at 60fps the hwole time!) but that should be fixed now.

however i think it's a good indicator for awareness requirements and where your dps/hps should be before you start to tackle GA (which is a gear check by and large, but also a solid awareness check)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

shut up gelly posted:

if you would like to experience my ~sick keyboard clicking~ (kind of like playing wow with me, minus the target calling + me screaming profanities at healers) here is the vid from last night of kaliban + a kyzan wipe. the stream is kinda shaky (despite me being at 60fps the hwole time!) but that should be fixed now.

however i think it's a good indicator for awareness requirements and where your dps/hps should be before you start to tackle GA (which is a gear check by and large, but also a solid awareness check)

look at those archon deeps!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

At the beginning:
"Boss doesn't hit that hard, it's just the beacon."

Few minutes later:
"Oh god Hedo are you sure we're not supposed to swap earlier than this? He's hitting really hard."

More minutes later:
"Oh god this boss hits so hard without a link."

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

lsp posted:

I started getting some tells from some pubbies complaining that "awfulcleric" was refusing to duel some that were lower level, I guess the guy paid him to and he took the money, whatever. The weirdass tells persisted until he eventually dueled them and lost

Clearly we need to kick him for the dishonor he has brought the guild :frogout:

This reminds of a guy that messeged me after I cleaned out my inventory into the auction house cause he thought I priced things too low. I probably did cause I just wanted to clear space but I was shocked he actually felt the need to tell me.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

This reminds of a guy that messeged me after I cleaned out my inventory into the auction house cause he thought I priced things too low. I probably did cause I just wanted to clear space but I was shocked he actually felt the need to tell me.

You were loving with his market manipulation mannnnnnn

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Of course it was mage loot :mad:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

At the beginning:
"Boss doesn't hit that hard, it's just the beacon."

Few minutes later:
"Oh god Hedo are you sure we're not supposed to swap earlier than this? He's hitting really hard."

More minutes later:
"Oh god this boss hits so hard without a link."

vk does not have good mitigation, even with pacts :/

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

vk does not have good mitigation, even with pacts :/

21 sent build has waaay less mitigation, I have to give up 5 gift points, 5% damage reduction and 3% armor/endurance. Suck it up.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

What are the UI mods that you use because that looks super rad.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

KaneTW posted:

What are the UI mods that you use because that looks super rad.

Dunno about the bar in the top left for timing of buffs and such, but the frames are Gadgets. The DPS meter is Rift Meter. The brez indicator and any mechanics popups are from KBM, and the thing he uses to swap roles is Roles.

Oh, and I "discovered" an old as hell non-updated function in Rift. Apparently /dumpraid will dump the people in your raid into an xml file. Largely irrelevant, but I found the following amusing.

code:
<Name>Kreczor</Name>
<Disconnected>True</Disconnected>
e: It's not updated because it still just dumps all of its poo poo into your Rift folder, not my documents or whatever.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I would pay good money to duel awfulcleric!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

fenix down posted:

I would pay good money to duel awfulcleric!

We were giving him lots of poo poo about disgracing the honour of our guild by not dueling and then losing, I'm not sure he ever realized we were just loving around.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

We were giving him lots of poo poo about disgracing the honour of our guild by not dueling and then losing, I'm not sure he ever realized we were just loving around.

Well to be fair, he would dishonour the guild by winning so its all good.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Hey, a small thing that I've noticed. For the new people joining and leveling up their characters: you don't need to put lowbie consumable stuff in the gbank. There's a lot of random potions, runes, and rift-drop consumables that very few people are going to use. My advice is to ask in guild if anyone wants them and if no one says anything put them on the AH or vendor them. The exceptions are the level 50 rift consumables and any unwanted artifacts that you don't want to put on the auction house.

The crafting tab has stacks of a lot of low level materials like leather and herbs and they are there to help people level their crafting skills, don't be afraid to use them.

GruntingCod
Aug 4, 2006
Level 60 and ready to soil every single raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Was it Hoom?

• Locked thread