Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So...does that make champion somewhat viable in raids now? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah was hoping for Cleric changes, but it sounds like they are a little behind mages, hopefully next week. I know the mages were complaining about none of their ranged specs matching Inq, so it sounds like it should be pretty powerful. It's stupid, but the one thing keeping me from committing to cleric as my primary alt is I hate their solo questing builds. It would be nice if their was a shamicar kind of hybrid with no pets.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

So...does that make champion somewhat viable in raids now? I'm confused.

Champion's pretty awesome for certain fights. Most notably twins.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Kiyanis posted:

I'm not changing hardware for a free to play mmo who can't get 2 ui windows to work properly. Why would you even think this was a solution?

First of all, you seem to be the only one having a problem with this. If it was a bigger problem, then more people would have said something and Trion would have done something about it. Again, Trion would have done something about it if it was an actual problem. Rift is not a P2P MMO that went F2P. Rift is a P2P MMO that went F2P that have developers standing behind it to make it the best drat MMO ever. The devs actually listen, so post on the Rift forums and maybe you'll hear back from someone. Get enough people to agree with you and they will more than likely change it.

Increasing even your monitor size while keeping the resolution the same would help.

Also, I hope the Champion changes actually help and not hurt us. I usually find myself sitting in top AoE DPS in dungeons and such with 2.7k AP, 1.8k PC, 320 CP.

Edit: Maybe one of you guys or gals can help me with this. I use KMB and the buttons that it makes for the settings and ready check window always change position when I switch characters. Is there something I can change somewhere to change how the icons behave or move?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 18, 2013

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Champion's pretty awesome for certain fights. Most notably twins.

Hey you can use it on trash too! (nobody cares about trash)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Yay cleric changes :eng99:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Oraculum Animi posted:

You missed that I (Belos) got the dagger of Zaviel, made the off-hand from the raid drops, and got the staff from TDQ. Oh, and Amory finally got the necklace from TDQ!

I wasn't paying attention to TDQ so I didn't miss poo poo.

quote:

* Patron's Rage: Increased damage.

Anyone know how much?

quote:

* Fireball, Void Bolt, Crystalline Missiles, Plague Bolt, Cloudburst, Vile Spores, Pillaging Stone, Granite Salvo, Neural Prod and Malevolent Bolt: now classified as Primary Bolt abilities.
* Improved Bolt: Now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.

:aaa:

Can't wait to give these changes a try tonight.

SlayVus posted:

Edit: Maybe one of you guys or gals can help me with this. I use KMB and the buttons that it makes for the settings and ready check window always change position when I switch characters. Is there something I can change somewhere to change how the icons behave or move?

That shouldn't be happening... addon settings are per-shard and per-character (so Abuadlah@Deepwood and Abualdah@Threesprings do not share settings). If the positions are getting reset make sure nothing is retarded with your Rift folder (C:\Users\You\Documents\Rift). Possibly nuke it and reinstall your addons?

Eltoasto posted:

All because of a beastmaster! Praise be to the beastmaster. I think Johson is already regretting being a BM expert, but being valuable isn't a bad thing!

It would be nice if a few other warriors picked it up, but I don't see that happening. I have no idea if it's as fun as Archon, but I assume it's pretty close. Either way, Johson owns for picking it up; our DPS last night was pretty loving good (this is the first time I could only pop FP once per fight).

necrotic fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 18, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

quote:

RIFT STORE
* Bundles of Rally Scrolls and Rally Banners are now available under Services.

Best change. :circlefap:

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

SlayVus posted:

First of all, you seem to be the only one having a problem with this. If it was a bigger problem, then more people would have said something and Trion would have done something about it. Again, Trion would have done something about it if it was an actual problem. Rift is not a P2P MMO that went F2P. Rift is a P2P MMO that went F2P that have developers standing behind it to make it the best drat MMO ever. The devs actually listen, so post on the Rift forums and maybe you'll hear back from someone. Get enough people to agree with you and they will more than likely change it.

I asked if there was a fix for the problem I was having with a UI, and you respond by telling me to spend hundreds of dollars. I tell you that isn't even remotely an acceptable solution, and you post what I just quoted.

Seriously step back and think about this because holy poo poo.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Kiyanis posted:

I asked if there was a fix for the problem I was having with a UI, and you respond by telling me to spend hundreds of dollars. I tell you that isn't even remotely an acceptable solution, and you post what I just quoted.

Well maybe you shouldn't be so poor and these things wouldn't happen.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

It would be nice if a few other warriors picked it up, but I don't see that happening. I have no idea if it's as fun as Archon, but I assume it's pretty close. Either way, Johson owns for picking it up; our DPS last night was pretty loving good (this is the first time I could only pop FP once per fight).

But warriors can't AP or Reflect :smith:.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

But warriors can't AP or Reflect :smith:.

Yeah, I still had to go DomChon for Crucia. But having the BM for Command to Attack is amazing as I really need the charge for Power Draining Orbital Strike. And then more AP with the tempest. That fight is awful for my charge.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kiyanis posted:

You could get a job at Trion Worlds and program a fix yourself. You could ignore it. You could play something else.

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

anthonypants posted:

You could get a job at Trion Worlds and program a fix yourself. You could ignore it. You could play something else.

You could also have simply said "Sorry, there is no reasonable workaround for this issue."

That would have worked, and is a hell of a let less goony than saying "Heh, maybe you should bootstrap yourself into better hardware or buy off the dev team. :smug:"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kiyanis posted:

You could also have simply said "Sorry, there is no reasonable workaround for this issue."

That would have worked, and is a hell of a let less goony than saying "Heh, maybe you should bootstrap yourself into better hardware or buy off the dev team. :smug:"

You drat poors in my MMOs always demanding reasonable service and timely updates! :colbert:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Kiyanis posted:

Do you have a cube from '95? What's your resolution?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

You drat poors in my MMOs always demanding reasonable service and timely updates! :colbert:

Which Trion is fantastic at. Except in cases where it's one dude stuck in the 90s.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

As someone who uses a LCD TV with a 1360 x 768 resolution, even I find the text can be a pain to read without loving with scaling. Even if he is a FILTHY loving POOR, acting like it isn't an issue that Trion could look at or is immediately the fault of his monitor is ridiculous.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

SovietSteel posted:

As someone who uses a LCD TV with a 1360 x 768 resolution, even I find the text can be a pain to read without loving with scaling. Even if he is a FILTHY loving POOR, acting like it isn't an issue that Trion could look at or is immediately the fault of his monitor is ridiculous.

Poor people don't have the right to complain: Trion is a US based corporation.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SovietSteel posted:

Kiyanis already said they put a ticket in, but they want a fix NOW. That isn't reasonable.

Unless, you know, they buy a new monitor.

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

anthonypants posted:

Kiyanis already said they put a ticket in, but they want a fix NOW. That isn't reasonable.

Unless, you know, they buy a new monitor.

Ah yes, NOW.

I can see how a request for a workaround such as

Kiyanis posted:

I filed a petition about this in ui feedback, but uh, is there a workaround that doesn't involve changing my UI scaler every single loving time I want to touch a shop or soul tree?

comes off as an immediate unreasonable demand, if you have no idea how the English language works.

Edit: Also, to

SlayVus posted:

Again, Trion would have done something about it if it was an actual problem.
http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/93038-soul-tree-window-too-large-why-cant-save-my-points.html
3rd post down: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/addons-macros-ui/315634-addon-gadgets-36.html

Totally not a problem that's been mentioned before, guys. No actual problem here.

Kiyanis fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 18, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
If you two don't stop fighting right now, so help me god I will relist all your auctions and be smug about it for days.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Clearly we should all switch to a system where high resolution monitors are equally distributed to everyone. :ussr:

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
Everyone needs to just chillax and be kushdie. Just call eachother dicks, and go about your business. It's the true goon way. :haw:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

A case of insane overscan fixed by changing video card settings.

this guy, on the other hand, is not an idiot.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kiyanis posted:

Ah yes, NOW.

comes off as an immediate unreasonable demand, if you have no idea how the English language works.

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/93038-soul-tree-window-too-large-why-cant-save-my-points.html
3rd post down: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/addons-macros-ui/315634-addon-gadgets-36.html

Totally not a problem that's been mentioned before, guys. No actual problem here.

sorry dude but the technical execution of almost every aspect of this game (engine, usability, stability) is 100% garbage and has been from the very start. i seriously doubt that there's an actual fix anywhere for tiny text sizes. ui elements like that are especially poorly handled. if you have trouble reading unit frames or the buff bar, gadgets and schwarzchild/karuulalerts are good addons to fix that. anything else is probably just going to be a futile endeavor.

in other news the new warrior changes are kinda hit and miss. i especially don't see the reason for the fork nerf (a lot of guilds are going to regress to wiping on salvarola's add phase i think, and it makes matriarch considerably harder) and the destructive forces nerf means that vk tanks have to go back to burning pacts (=mitigation) for max dps. i like the champ changes and the rotation is good and it looks like paragon got a slight dps buff too (and the rotation is laughably easy; if you havent learned paragon yet i suggest you put at least some time into it).

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kiyanis posted:

Ah yes, NOW.

You put a ticket in. You know how to change the UI scale. You want a "workaround" to both of those things. You are literally asking for someone to reconfigure the UI for you and two other people. You cannot fix the problem yourself, because that would require either money or effort. You consider this a reasonable request. You say you believe being told no is acceptable, but sarcasm is completely reprehensible.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

shut up gelly posted:

sorry dude but the technical execution of almost every aspect of this game (engine, usability, stability) is 100% garbage and has been from the very start
Reminder to all:

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 18, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So I have been playing around with this 61 necro spec after the changes today and it is pretty fun. Was pulling about 11k dps on the raid dummy with no buffs and just loving around. It should be especially useful on Matriarch with the AOE and last gasp triggering on her healing.

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

shut up gelly posted:

sorry dude but the technical execution of almost every aspect of this game (engine, usability, stability) is 100% garbage and has been from the very start. i seriously doubt that there's an actual fix anywhere for tiny text sizes. ui elements like that are especially poorly handled. if you have trouble reading unit frames or the buff bar, gadgets and schwarzchild/karuulalerts are good addons to fix that. anything else is probably just going to be a futile endeavor.

See, this is a good post. It answers my questions, and tells me why. Thanks Gelly.

anthonypants posted:

You put a ticket in. You know how to change the UI scale. You want a "workaround" to both of those things. You are literally asking for someone to reconfigure the UI for you and two other people. You cannot fix the problem yourself, because that would require either money or effort. You consider this a reasonable request. You say you believe being told no is acceptable, but sarcasm is completely reprehensible.

This is not a good post. I don't know what point it's trying to make, but all I get from it is that you suffer from higher-learning disabilities.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

anthonypants posted:

Being able to use all parts of the UI without having to scale everything back and forth to use some of the more important parts seems pretty reasonable. This weird poo poo on the guy with the problem thing however seems pretty unreasonable.

At least shut up gelly and deatear have been cool enough to explain why poo poo is broke and a possible fix that isn't to throw wads of cash at the problem.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Cleric changes just started rolling out last week, these mage changes have been in the works for well over a month and have gone through many ups and downs. Kervik made a post saying that he is able to shift his attention to clerics now. Even with changes on the pts, I wouldn't expect them to roll out on live for quite some time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lsp posted:

Cleric changes just started rolling out last week, these mage changes have been in the works for well over a month and have gone through many ups and downs. Kervik made a post saying that he is able to shift his attention to clerics now. Even with changes on the pts, I wouldn't expect them to roll out on live for quite some time.

That doesn't change the fact that every other class has had real updates in the last 3 months while the last thing in the cleric patch notes was like 'radical coalescence now falls off properly when you die' and 'some spell that cabalists don't ever use'. Sure it's fun to complain about how Trion hates clerics (they do), but when they literally don't even remotely touch the class that has the worst time doing DPS something seems off.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I also wouldn't expect them to fix anything as Kervik seems to be ignoring cleric feedback on scalability and rotation feasibility in true Cleric Class lead fashion.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kiyanis posted:

I'm not changing hardware for a free to play mmo who can't get 2 ui windows to work properly. Why would you even think this was a solution?

I don't know if it was you last night in guildchat, but it turned out that a goon that was having UI "windows all randomly stacking up in the upper left/right corners" issues had somehow set his rift.cfg file to read-only. Soon as he made that file write-able again his problems were solved.

edit: sorry, completely different problem, yours is that shop window can't be made smaller.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 19, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

So I have been playing around with this 61 necro spec after the changes today and it is pretty fun. Was pulling about 11k dps on the raid dummy with no buffs and just loving around. It should be especially useful on Matriarch with the AOE and last gasp triggering on her healing.

I was happy when I did a 10 minute 17.2k, then Amory pointed out cleaves :smith:. In any case, I've been enjoying it so far. Can't wait to test it out in a raid.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Woo! Kyzan down! Tsu got the rogue belt.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
time to wipe on salvarola for 3 months :smithicide:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

shut up gelly posted:

time to wipe on salvarola for 3 months :smithicide:

Well first we have to be able to consistently kill Kyzan...

edit: I was about to add a comment about GA not having been out 3 months but I guess it has been about that long.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Woo! Kyzan down! Tsu got the rogue belt.

Grats!

By the way I watched some videos on tsu's channel. Don't count Archon cleanses as a real cleanse - the arena actually just makes it not reliable at all due to some height and invisible wall nonsense. We actually use 2 AoE cleanses from Chloro and Puri and then all the healers spam cleanse during that including Defiler to keep the stacks down.

Delayed + Harvest shouldn't be lethal even with one stack of bone harvest, probably not with two. Harvest + Necrotic can be a problem though.

necrotic posted:

Well first we have to be able to consistently kill Kyzan...

edit: I was about to add a comment about GA not having been out 3 months but I guess it has been about that long.

5 weeks now, I believe.

Also here's a matriarch kill or something, it might be helpful maybe.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 19, 2013

• Locked thread