Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

.TakaM posted:

No sign of download play for local multiplayer in DOA, I would also advise against having 3D on, it's hard to hold the 3DS steady in a fighting game and it cuts the framerate down- only use 3D when taking photos of boobs in the 3D photo album

Nintendo 3DS General Discussion: only use 3D when taking photos of boobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
For anyone hoping to get Rune Factory 4 in early August and struggle on whether or not to real life farm and fight monsters, it looks like September is the more likely date now,

quote:

Manufacturing for Rune Factory 4, due to the amazing support we’ve been given, is estimated to take about a month. We’d have to start around the beginning of August, and if things went smoothly, it’d be finished by the end of August. It’s impossible to start manufacturing, or building the physical copies of the title for distribution into places like Amazon or Gamestop, until we pass the inspection from Nintendo.

So, by our estimation, September is now looking mighty likely! Thankfully, that is still within our Summer 2013 estimation, meaning we’re still within what we feel is reasonable time.
http://hatsuu.tumblr.com/post/55401774233/why-video-games-take-so-long-to-publish

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I bought a much, much larger SD card since after buying Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing I no longer had anymore room to even take pictures. How do I transfer my saves over from one SD card to the other? I've very easily already transferred the games over with 0 hassle so I'm sure there's an easy way to do the same with my saves too?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Flameingblack posted:

I bought a much, much larger SD card since after buying Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing I no longer had anymore room to even take pictures. How do I transfer my saves over from one SD card to the other? I've very easily already transferred the games over with 0 hassle so I'm sure there's an easy way to do the same with my saves too?

Copy them from one SD card to the other. That's literally it.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

njsykora posted:

Copy them from one SD card to the other. That's literally it.

This is what needs to be in the thread title. Not buy the XL. Not the boobs thing. THIS.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

AngryCaterpillar posted:

This is what needs to be in the thread title. Not buy the XL. Not the boobs thing. THIS.

Could someone PM me a write-up for everything involving transferring and SD cards that I could add to the third post? I'll credit you and everything, but I haven't really had to do it myself, and I don't want to throw in lackluster/incorrect information.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

VarrosAnon posted:

Could someone PM me a write-up for everything involving transferring and SD cards that I could add to the third post? I'll credit you and everything, but I haven't really had to do it myself, and I don't want to throw in lackluster/incorrect information.

Perhaps people can just post the main points right here and you can simply include a point form list. Something like this:

SD card FAQ
How do I copy things from one card to another?
Just use a computer with a card reader and manually copy all the contents of the old card to the new one.

What is stored on the SD card?
Downloaded games and their and saves. DSiware is stored in the system memory.

Can I download a game from the game card to the SD card?
No, to have the digital version you'd have to buy it from the eShop.

Can anyone add to this? Anything about supported cards?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Probably a bit about having to redownload a preinstalled game when upgrading your SD card with a special 3DS bundle like the Fire Emblem one or AC one.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Newegg has all 3DS games for 10% off right now.

link

Enter promo code EMCXNWL37

Free shipping, too!

That finally got me to pull the trigger on SMT IV. I've never played a single game in the franchise. It'd better be as good as folks say!

Oh, and I just discovered there are 2 Nintendo Zone thingies within walking distance of my office. Nice!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh, and I just discovered there are 2 Nintendo Zone thingies within walking distance of my office. Nice!

Just about every coffee shop with a wi-fi point is a Nintendo Zone at this point I think. Most airports and some fast food places are too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Suaimhneas posted:

At rank 5 I got the ability to spy on the enemy before battle. I won't know what this actually means until I get enough troops to invade the next country, but since you can already see how the enemy's divided his troops before you fight, the only thing I can think of is it must tell me which order they're going to use them?

Fighting other people's unrelated to that. If you streetpass someone else who's played the game they show up as a rival monarch and instead of adding the miis from their plaza to your army, they show up with the size of army they have in the game itself, but you have to beat them to get them to join you. If you lose then you lose some of your army, if you choose not to fight you just get nothing.

At level three it gave me the ability to spend 10 play coins at once for 300 soldiers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I copy/pasted over all of my data from my old SD card to the new one, and I still had to re-download the games anyway, and the save data still wasn't there. Is there something more important I'm missing?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Probably a bit about having to redownload a preinstalled game when upgrading your SD card with a special 3DS bundle like the Fire Emblem one or AC one.

Yes, please. Can explain if/how you can do this. This is my primary reservation for buying a special edition XL (the other is holding out for the MH4 one).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Soul Glo posted:

Dude, calm down. I even said I didn't have problems with it, just that it's ironic to pay money to play a game and then let the game play itself for you. Seems like every post of yours is a mountain of words, but it's like you don't even read the few sentences to which your unneeded dissertations are responding.

You asked if the prompts could be turned off, and I pointed out that they're not even prompts, they're very subtle / ignorable. The game isn't yelling at you at all.

Also, you said it was ironic the game would play itself after you paid for it, and I countered that since you paid for it, you should have control over it, and there's nothing ironic about that.

I was directly responding to what you said. Sorry if my colorful language made me sound really angry, but I just disagree.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Is the 3DS streetpass relay thingy active as of now in Europe?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yes, please. Can explain if/how you can do this. This is my primary reservation for buying a special edition XL (the other is holding out for the MH4 one).

Basically, when you transfer your old 3DS's data to a new one with pre-installed software, the new one is wiped--EXCEPT for the rights to the game that came pre-installed. If you go on the eShop, you'll find it treats you as if you bought the game, downloaded it, and then deleted it. All you have to do is redownload it from its eShop page.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Are there any good deals on the XL/XL and a game(s) bundle?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If you're in Europe try snagging the Fire Emblem XL bundle, you get a good looking XL and a good game to boot!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

they sure sound like they got it

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Just reminding folks of something that might not be that obvious: you can use the $30 credit from buying and registering Fire Emblem and SMTIV on the Nintendo Wii U as well - I did just that and grabbed Super Luigi U and Earthbound.

On a completely separate note, what the hell is going on with 999? So far I have got three bad endings - death by knife, death when reaching a submarine, death by axe - are my choices really that bad?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

DoctorOfLawls posted:

On a completely separate note, what the hell is going on with 999? So far I have got three bad endings - death by knife, death when reaching a submarine, death by axe - are my choices really that bad?

There is only one good path through the game. And even then you'll need to see a special ending before the real good ending.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

FrickenMoron posted:

If you're in Europe try snagging the Fire Emblem XL bundle, you get a good looking XL and a good game to boot!

Unfortunately I'm not, anything good for NA?

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I admire your commitment, especially considering what happened to my friend: he got death by axe on his first playthrough and he refuses to pick the game up again. Me, I got lucky and got both good endings on my first playthroughs (as the above poster noted, you'll need to get a 'good' ending before you get the GOOD ending.) If it helps, I would definitely recommend you keep going, since I think it's really worth it, and know that your choices aren't necessarily 'bad', most of them are simply probability working against you. By process of elimination, you should have a clear path ahead of you.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FutureCop posted:

I admire your commitment, especially considering what happened to my friend: he got death by axe on his first playthrough and he refuses to pick the game up again. Me, I got lucky and got both good endings on my first playthroughs (as the above poster noted, you'll need to get a 'good' ending before you get the GOOD ending.) If it helps, I would definitely recommend you keep going, since I think it's really worth it, and know that your choices aren't necessarily 'bad', most of them are simply probability working against you. By process of elimination, you should have a clear path ahead of you.

The game actually tells you which doors to pick to get the two 'good' endings in kind of a subtle way.

(These aren't plot spoilers) It's been a couple of years, but I think this is right. When you get your first bad ending, you unlock a trailer. The doors you need to choose for the first 'good' ending are in the trailer if you watch carefully. Once you get this ending, another trailer unlocks and it shows you which doors you need to pick for the true ending.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Balcony posted:

Is the 3DS streetpass relay thingy active as of now in Europe?

No, not yet. Maybe when the next firmware update arrives. Maybe.

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~
So, uh, it seems like someone had some issues with the 3DS eshop and stumbled upon something interesting. They seem to see several Wii U related entries as well as an entry for Earthbound on the eshop. The question is if this is some peak at the next update and what that entails. From what I read, people seem to have their hopes up that this could mean some cross-buy system for Nintendo platforms, and that this could be for a potential unified account system. Anyone else have any thoughts on what all this could mean?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Scher posted:

So, uh, it seems like someone had some issues with the 3DS eshop and stumbled upon something interesting. They seem to see several Wii U related entries as well as an entry for Earthbound on the eshop. The question is if this is some peak at the next update and what that entails. From what I read, people seem to have their hopes up that this could mean some cross-buy system for Nintendo platforms, and that this could be for a potential unified account system. Anyone else have any thoughts on what all this could mean?
I hope this is just an error because it's hard enough finding games on the eShop without having to skip through games I can't play on the system I'm browsing it on.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Looks like he just got some kind of bug that let him see both the 3DS and WiiU eshop libraries, I wouldn't look too into it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Just popping in to say that after six months of not playing my 3DS at all (Sticker Star kinda soured me on it for a while), the eShop deal made me go out and grab FE:A and SMT4 in one fell swoop and now I can't put the drat thing down to save my life. PXZ is great too, if only because I can push buttons and watch sprites do flashy things while giant numbers fly around the screen. Sometimes, after a rough day at work, that's exactly what I want to waste my time with. Don't judge.

And hey, to the dude playing 999 above - keep with the game. Keep track of what doors you go through, make sure you don't take the same route twice. In every room, it seems like each interactable item is used to solve a puzzle, right? Except...that's not quite true, is it? Seriously, stick with it, each subsequent playthrough will take you less and less time. I beat the 'good' ending path (not the true ending path) in a single lunch break when I was hooked on it. Easily one of the best handheld games ever made.

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Weird, it's been about a week and now I can buy different items with the street pass tickets. I managed to save up about 15 of them and splurged, all the items were Legend of Zelda related. Does everyone get different items each day or are they all the same for everyone?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I just finished Attack of the Friday Monsters! and guess what? It's loving amazing. For only $8, everyone should play this game. It's ridiculously charming.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Apologies if it has been posted already:

Nintendo 3DS Getting Miiverse, Nintendo Network ID Firmware Update This Fall?

It's also reported that the Wii U is getting a firmware update this fall as well. I can't wait till they get rid of friend codes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Farts posted:

Weird, it's been about a week and now I can buy different items with the street pass tickets. I managed to save up about 15 of them and splurged, all the items were Legend of Zelda related. Does everyone get different items each day or are they all the same for everyone?

This chart seems to be accurate, hats change every 24 hours from when you first unlock the ticket redemption option. So if you don't mind spoiling yourself concerning every single new hat and outfit someone can just save their tickets for a few weeks until they can get the Virtual Boy hat they want instead of blowing them all on hats they might not really want the first few days.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If I've got two SD cards, and one has saves and games on it, is it possible to transfer them via computer? I honestly don't really care about transferring the games, I can redownload those, but is there any way to transfer saves between SD cards conveniently?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

fronz posted:

If I've got two SD cards, and one has saves and games on it, is it possible to transfer them via computer? I honestly don't really care about transferring the games, I can redownload those, but is there any way to transfer saves between SD cards conveniently?

Yes, just drag and drop all the files from the card to your desktop, then to the new card. All the games, licenses, saves, whatever will be transferred.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

fronz posted:

This seriously feels like it comes up every page.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Nintendo 3DS General Discussion - Yes, use a PC to copy your old SD Card.

For real, I think it would be more useful than the current title.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Does anyone have an opinion about Pilotwings or Steel Diver?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pilotwings is fun but very short, even if you get the highest ranking on every mission. You probably won't be able to stretch much more than 10 hours out of it. I'd say it's worth $10 if you can get it that cheap.

Never played Steel Diver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

They're great games when you can buy them for $4.99 during those Best Buy holiday sales.

• Locked thread