Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Hope you guys didn't get level 61 versions of sidequest-unique items from UVHM!

TVHM is already hosed enough. The game long ago became less about "shoot things with badass guns to get more badass guns and do more badass things" and more about "constantly farm lovely raid bosses for gear to even keep yourself passable." Also "spend a literal sixty dollars on DLC to keep up with the playerbase." The fact that Gearbox is continuing it is hilarious.

If you wait for a sale is less than sixty dollars :eng101:

At the other hand their DLC was awesome so far (you can skip cosmetic stuff entirely), so if you feel that you "can't keep up with the playerbase" well, just don't buy it. The rest will keep up with the community and enjoy killing skeletons, :torgue:, pirates and more :torgue:. At this point whinning that they release DLC that you don't want to buy is hilarious, more even when said DLC is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kaethela posted:

When the drop rate is "gently caress you" levels of low, I don't blame someone for cheating.

I wouldn't blame someone for not cheating either. I don't like the drop rates either but only using legit items has made them feel valuable.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yeah, gently caress those scrubs who don't just cheat items in a game about getting better items!

What benefit are you getting for your multiple-hour investment for an item that has a couple numbers that are a little bit higher?

Take your time, I'll wait.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Coolguye posted:

What benefit are you getting for your multiple-hour investment for an item that has a couple numbers that are a little bit higher?

:drat:

Since I've used the improved drop rates on the PC, I find not using them to be terribly boring.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I wouldn't blame someone for not cheating either. I don't like the drop rates either but only using legit items has made them feel valuable.

There's a line between feeling valuable and spending many many hours without having anything worthwhile drop. After tweaking the drop rates to the point where I'm not getting showered in oranges but still getting a nice stream of fun new shooty toys, I can't imagine going back to default.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This is pretty dumb. If you're spergy enough to want ~legitimate~ items, then you have no reason to complain about the drop rates. If you don't want to farm, just use the save editor.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yeah, gently caress those scrubs who don't just cheat items in a game about getting better items!

Then use the cheat engine table that modifies the loot drop rates.

Fibby Boy posted:

I play on console.

Console peasant. :smug:
you have every right to complain

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Do people collect items just to collect them? I just shoot mans with whatever comes to hand. gently caress worrying about getting the perfect weapon for my build or whatever.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

For me there were a few situations where I got an awesome legendary or pearlescent weapon but it didn't have the elemental effect I wanted, or had a bayonet attached (past a certain level the generic +50% melee damage bayonets actually decrease Krieg's melee damage). So I used the editor to fix that, for example making the Avenger I got into a Slag Avenger, and it is awesome.

Also I gave myself the I CAN'T BREATHE IN THIS head that only drops off Henry. Who the hell puts an awesome head like that on a quest mob that never respawns? Seriously.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Male Man posted:

Do people collect items just to collect them? I just shoot mans with whatever comes to hand. gently caress worrying about getting the perfect weapon for my build or whatever.

The problem is that, sadly, when you get above level 50 the game disagrees with that sentiment. Forcefully.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Then don't play past level 50.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The problem is that, sadly, when you get above level 50 the game disagrees with that sentiment. Forcefully.

I've been tooling around at 61 for a while?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

For me there were a few situations where I got an awesome legendary or pearlescent weapon but it didn't have the elemental effect I wanted, or had a bayonet attached (past a certain level the generic +50% melee damage bayonets actually decrease Krieg's melee damage). So I used the editor to fix that, for example making the Avenger I got into a Slag Avenger, and it is awesome.

Also I gave myself the I CAN'T BREATHE IN THIS head that only drops off Henry. Who the hell puts an awesome head like that on a quest mob that never respawns? Seriously.

Henry does indeed respawn.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As Axton, worrying about weapons isn't critical because having a slag turret helps immensely. If I'm not going full :torgue: I just use three elemental weapons of choice (at least one corrisive, shock and fire) and a good launcher or my trusty DP for FFYL.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Male Man posted:

Good man. Glad to see there's more than a couple of guys who just shoot dudes with stuff and have fun.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Should I give up on Many Must Fall in THVM? It doesn't oneshot basically anything even more, even from the back, and there's no way to buff it right? Melee damage buffs don't seem to affect it.

On the other hand, in my previous game, kunais were everything dies right up into the 50s.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
How do you make Gaige not flimsy? Is it possible??

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Should I give up on Many Must Fall in THVM? It doesn't oneshot basically anything even more, even from the back, and there's no way to buff it right? Melee damage buffs don't seem to affect it.

On the other hand, in my previous game, kunais were everything dies right up into the 50s.

Many Must Fall doesn't do damage though? It's what lets you stay in Deception if you oneshot an enemy. If you're not one-shotting enemies, then you need better gear. Have either the Law (+100% boost to melee) or the Rapier (+200% boost to melee). You also definitely want a Roid Shield if you don't have one, preferably the Love Thumper.

signalnoise posted:

By killing everything before it can kill you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Genocyber posted:

Many Must Fall doesn't do damage though? It's what lets you stay in Deception if you oneshot an enemy. If you're not one-shotting enemies, then you need better gear. Have either the Law (+100% boost to melee) or the Rapier (+200% boost to melee). You also definitely want a Roid Shield if you don't have one, preferably the Love Thumper.
Oh yeah, right. I'm still new to that tree. And so melee buffs DO affect the damage of that melee override attack? I swore they didn't. For instance, you won't do the melee weapon attack animation if you have a bladed melee weapon.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 20, 2013

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

signalnoise posted:

Anarchy, Blood-Soaked Shields, Cooking up Trouble, and

Genocyber posted:

By killing everything before it can kill you.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Guillermus posted:

their DLC was awesome so far

If your definition of "all DLC" was "Assault on Dragon Keep and nothing else," okay.

Gearbox promised that all DLC campaigns would be Knoxx levels of good. I guess by that they meant "it has a raid boss in it."

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh yeah, right. I'm still new to that tree. And so melee buffs DO affect the damage of that melee override attack? I swore they didn't. For instance, you won't do the melee weapon attack animation if you have a bladed melee weapon.

Execute is Zer0's melee override skill.

Borderlands Wiki posted:

As it counts as a Melee Override ability, even if a bayonet\bladed weapon is equipped, performing an Execute will display a sword slash animation (slightly different from the normal melee sword slash). The melee damage bonus from the bladed weapon still applies.

Many Must Fall just sends out another decoy and adds 2 seconds to the Decepti0n timer.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

signalnoise posted:

That skill with a patient sweetheart mod.

That shield plus a max health increase mod. You'll have like 300k health, when you summon Deathtrap it goes go up to 440k, the infinities are there to ensure you never need to reload and thus keep your insane health regen always going, your damage output is nothing stellar but its hard to die, I can survive the level 64-65 dragons with this build provided I never switch to my SMG and all of them don't decide to hit me at once.

And yes Anarchy still stacks even with a gun that never needs to be reloaded.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Pirate Jet posted:

If your definition of "all DLC" was "Assault on Dragon Keep and nothing else," okay.

Gearbox promised that all DLC campaigns would be Knoxx levels of good. I guess by that they meant "it has a raid boss in it."

Eh, Knoxx was exceptional because it gave BL1 a legitimate ending. In terms of combat and environment quality, the BL2 season pass DLC is of similar quality.

Anyway, I loved Dr. Zed and I hope the new DLC delivers.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Pirate Jet posted:

I liked all three other campaigns and am looking forward to the next ones. :colbert:

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

I want another Underdome. :ohdear:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

I kinda want a "Borderlands in a can" horde mode where you start at level 5 with a couple white guns, level up between waves, and enemies have massively inflated loot tables. Finally make that hold-Use-to-pick-up-and-equip function earn its keep.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Where's the best place to trade BL2 goods with other players?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

Where's the best place to trade BL2 goods with other players?

These boards on the Gearbox forums are very active.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Aren't you forgetting one? :torgue:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I loved BL1 and most of the DLC as much as the next guy, but I want everyone crying about how none of the DLC has stacked up to Knoxx to go back and play that poo poo right now. If you don't die from boredom at having to drive that same lovely stretch of highway 3984720857 times to complete all the quests due to the lack of fast travel I guess you have a different definition of fun than me. All it really had going for it in my opinion were a couple good boss fights and and an easily glitched treasure room.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

These boards on the Gearbox forums are very active.

Thanks!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Aren't you forgetting one? :torgue:

Yes, he seems to forget our lord and saviour Mr :torgue: and Scarlett. I give him that Big Game Hunt is boring. But hey, he seems to not enjoy this. Completely understandable.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Little bit back I think I mentioned something about Gearbox doing a community day for the game. The event itself would have exclusive skins and heads attached to it. This image was grabbed from the PAX feed. Krieg's is the best.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, my Bee finally outlived its usefulness, 3300 shield points is not very much in TVHM. I guess I'll have to go back to not doing an extra 5000 damage with each shot. Oh well.

edit: are there any bosses in any of the DLC that you can bring a vehicle in to fight with? In that case I'd definitely have to re-equip it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 21, 2013

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Coolguye posted:

Was this supposed to be some really difficult question guaranteed to trip me up? The short answer would be roughly the same benefit per hour you are getting for cheating in your game: Enjoyment. That is why we both play games, isn't it? It's why I play games, anyway. We just clearly enjoy different things, it seems.

Long answer: My benefit is that I enjoy playing the game and even farming whenever I want a specific item. When I finally get the item I'm looking for and I'm kicking rear end with it, I'm very satisfied knowing that I did it all within the confines of the game and without subverting any of its rules or mechanics. As someone said earlier, items feel so much more valuable that way and that is pretty beneficial to the "find loot, get better loot" aspect of the game. People are free to cheat as much as they like, in my opinion, but when it gets to the point that people who are playing by the rules are seen as some kind of oddity who are "playing the game wrong" or "have too much time on their hands" or "sperg lol"! I call bullshit. Some people are happy enough with the game as it is (Except for UVHM scaling). Sorry about that, I guess.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 21, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

UVHM's lovely rules was the only reason I cracked open Gibbed's editor and gave myself my dream guns. I played a legit game all the way to 61 and after a point the game felt like it changed the rules on me without changing the resources I had access to. I'm in the camp where earning things is way more rewarding than giving yourself things in that certain meta-game feel-good sense of the word but I've also never played a game that took such a 90 degree turn as this one. I feel like I had to crack the game in order to keep getting enjoyment the game was literally giving me out-of-the-box earlier this year. That's never happened to me before.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For UVHM I just gave my Salvador an Infinity of every color of the rainbow and was like "gently caress it, come at me various types of bandits".

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Did they ever make Zer0 less worthless on TVHM/UVHM? The process of "knives > kill one enemy > incap > die/second wind > repeat" wasn't exactly enthralling then, and I doubt another 11 levels of that will be any more so.

miscellaneous14 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 21, 2013

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Reiley posted:

I feel like I had to crack the game in order to keep getting enjoyment the game was literally giving me out-of-the-box earlier this year. That's never happened to me before.

I have to agree with this. I have never in my life seen a game start out so incredibly, ridiculously fun and promising just to swan dive so fast straight down the toilet to such an absurd degree.

Cheating is really the only way to keep the game entertaining for me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

miscellaneous14 posted:

Did they ever make Zer0 less worthless on TVHM/UVHM? The process of "knives > kill one enemy > incap > die/second wind > repeat" wasn't exactly enthralling then, and I doubt another 11 levels of that will be any more so.

A properly geared melee Zero is pretty amazing, even in TVHM (not sure abut UVHM, but I'm told it's good there as well).

• Locked thread