Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Optimist Prime posted:

Sounds good, just send me a message if anything changes.

Re: the MP Fans' Choice Poll - Should I assume that Optimus Primal is hosed because the voting is Japan-only and their version of Beast Wars was a joke? If so, :dawkins101:

It would be awesome if we got a MP Optimus Primal that was flocked like G.I. Joe's beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

...in California. Give it a week before it hits the other areas of the country.

Arizona actually, the DC for WA/OR/CA is supposedly still empty.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be awesome if we got a MP Optimus Primal that was flocked like G.I. Joe's beard.

MP-45F Beast Megatron (Feathered T-Rex Version)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I now have 3 Prime Ultra Magnuses. Why are there 3 Magnuses from this line? Who knows, but I bought them.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

I now have 3 Prime Ultra Magnuses. Why are there 3 Magnuses from this line? Who knows, but I bought them.

Which one do you like the best? Feel free to make a video about which one is your favorite and why so that I can watch it on youtube.

I have the PRiD version (the upscaled cyberverse) and love/hate it so I want to get another, much better Ultra Magnus.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TheDK posted:

Which one do you like the best? Feel free to make a video about which one is your favorite and why so that I can watch it on youtube.

I have the PRiD version (the upscaled cyberverse) and love/hate it so I want to get another, much better Ultra Magnus.

I like the Platinum one best for it's size and color.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So the current top three in the MP poll are Star Saber, Armada Prime and Dai Atlas.

I was hoping for Powermaster Prime, Fortress Maximus and Optimus Primal. I actually know almost nothing about Starsaber, is he cool?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

Can you post a picture of the back of Platinum Magnus in truck mode without the hammer? The kibble on the Optimus version of the mold was a dealbreaker for me, I'm curious if the Magnus remold disguises it any better.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knormal posted:

Can you post a picture of the back of Platinum Magnus in truck mode without the hammer? The kibble on the Optimus version of the mold was a dealbreaker for me, I'm curious if the Magnus remold disguises it any better.

It doesn't. But I still think it looks pretty good!

TheDK posted:

I can recommend BH Magnus as the superior one between the voyagers. Cool accessories, posable and feels solid. At least it's much better than the PriD one (although I didn't hate that one either)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I feel like after having RiD Magnus and Animated Magnus (and G1 Magnus, Diaclone colored Magnus, and in a dumb decision, even Piss Magnus), I'm good with Magni forever

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I might be a weird contrarian here, but I think I'd rather have an Encore Star Saber than a MP one.

Hey, G1 bricks need some loving, too.

So would I, frankly, because that would fill a gap in the G1 collection and not waste a Masterpiece slot on such a minor (to this US fan) character. But it would still be interesting to see what they did with an MP Star Saber. I'd certainly prefer that over MP Armada Prime, of all loving things.

revtoiletduck posted:

A Masterpiece that can combine with his trailer would be kind of interesting, even if Armada was poo poo.

Then they should be voting for Powermaster Prime/Ginrai, not that goofy Armada crap.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Keldroc posted:

So would I, frankly, because that would fill a gap in the G1 collection and not waste a Masterpiece slot on such a minor (to this US fan) character.

To be fair, going by the distribution methods the US is far from the primary market for the Masterpiece line. Hell, Australia seems to be a higher priority somehow.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Knormal posted:

Here's a brit doing a video review thingy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOhSJ0bCGk

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

To be fair, going by the distribution methods the US is far from the primary market for the Masterpiece line. Hell, Australia seems to be a higher priority somehow.

Yeah, but I don't care what their primary market is, I care about whether I want to buy it or not. An MP Armada Prime would probably be the first MP figure I pass on.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

MP RiD Prime, however, will make my dingus tingle

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, but I don't care what their primary market is, I care about whether I want to buy it or not. An MP Armada Prime would probably be the first MP figure I pass on.

Oh, that we agree on sure, but a MP Head/Brainmaster with a base mode, Saber's sword drawing shenanigans and possibly even a combination mode with (REAL long shot) MP Victory Leo would be a lot of firsts for the line. From an engineering standpoint alone it's a must-have.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 24, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That Ultra Magnus look pretty decent, but it's 50 bucks. BBTS says it's a shared exclusive, but who are they sharing it with, is it amazon? I would probably get it if it was 30 or something, but being you can still get Omega Supreme and Optimus Prime I take the Platinum series won't sell out that quickly.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

If anyone's in the San Diego area, apparently the Escondido Toys R Us is getting Soundwave tomorrow. It is suggested to be there when they open if you want one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Welp, spent two hours applying stickers to Metroplex stuck some fresh batteries in and... he doesn't work. Tried a different pair of batteries and still nothing, unless there's a tab I need to pull out that I'm missing, I can't enjoy the lights and and sounds of my child's toy. :negative:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

That Ultra Magnus look pretty decent, but it's 50 bucks. BBTS says it's a shared exclusive, but who are they sharing it with, is it amazon? I would probably get it if it was 30 or something, but being you can still get Omega Supreme and Optimus Prime I take the Platinum series won't sell out that quickly.

Retails here for $80 (Australia) and definitely wouldn't be worth it at that price. I managed to pick it up for half price in a sale and thought that was a decent enough price point for what I got.

There's a ton of little things that niggle me about it (like the cab windows just kind of sitting there at the back in vehicle mode) but I love his robot form and he's the first Transformer I've got as an adult so I can't help but look at him standing on my shelf and feel pretty happy.

This is all MTMTEs fault for making Ultra Magnus so wonderful. :v:

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Welp, spent two hours applying stickers to Metroplex stuck some fresh batteries in and... he doesn't work. Tried a different pair of batteries and still nothing, unless there's a tab I need to pull out that I'm missing, I can't enjoy the lights and and sounds of my child's toy. :negative:

My sincerest sympathies. It's obviously defective. You should sell it... to me.

On another note, I got PRiD Magnus too, as an addition to my Classics shelf. Didn't want Magnus to be just an Optimus recolor and I feel he works well enough.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

GD_American posted:

MP RiD Prime, however, will make my dingus tingle

RiD Prime is already a masterpiece, GD. Though a 2-voyager "remake" of Omega Prime, sans electronics and featuring modern engineering... oh my.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Goldskull posted:

Why is Armada Prime escond in that Masterpiece Poll anyway? I thought Armada was universally reviled?

Deluxe Armada Prime was pretty rad.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

WendigoJohnson posted:

I saw it in Toys R Us last week for $70-80 CAD.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Grab your popcorn. Harmony Gold is sueing Hasbro over Jetfire.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

gently caress Harmony Gold and gently caress Carl Macek.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpikeMcclane posted:

Maybe now that a company with some actual stateside muscle is being bullied around Harmony Gold will get the poo poo kicked out of them.

Meanwhile, I just noticed that my MP Soundwave is missing a paint app (namely the gold trim on his left let) but I do not give a gently caress this is somehow even better than MP-10 oh god.

vvvvvvv The SDCC GI Joe vs. Transformers boxset. Which is even less ground to stand on since it's just a regular jet done up in Jetfire's color scheme and doesn't even transform.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 24, 2013

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

The original Jetfire? Isn't it about 30 years too late for that?

Or the classics one?

I'm just confused as to why now of all times.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SpikeMcclane posted:

That one has no H-stabs and is entirely fictional. This one has H-stabs, is based on a real airplane, and is painted in colours that never appeared in any of Harmony Gold's properties! I'm surprised they didn't go after Classics Jetfire, way more similarites there.

In short Harmony Gold are litigious, trademark-squatting fuckaloos.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

That one has no H-stabs and is entirely fictional. This one has H-stabs, is based on a real airplane, and is painted in colours that never appeared in any of Harmony Gold's properties! I'm surprised they didn't go after Classics Jetfire, way more similarites there.

In short Harmony Gold are litigious, trademark-squatting fuckaloos.

I drive by their building in LA sometimes, which is huge and has a big old "HARMONY GOLD" logo sign out front. It amazes me that all these years later they can still afford space in that area in that building while not putting out any product whatsoever. Preventing the US release of any and all Macross merchandise is much more profitable than you'd think, I guess.

I hope it backfires on them and they finally lose the ability to block Macross stuff in North America.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Keldroc posted:

I drive by their building in LA sometimes, which is huge and has a big old "HARMONY GOLD" logo sign out front. It amazes me that all these years later they can still afford space in that area in that building while not putting out any product whatsoever. Preventing the US release of any and all Macross merchandise is much more profitable than you'd think, I guess.

I hope it backfires on them and they finally lose the ability to block Macross stuff in North America.

They're actually more into real estate now. Seriously. Check out their website.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

GD_American posted:

They're actually more into real estate now. Seriously. Check out their website.

Yeah They have rental properties in burbank... I looked at one of them when I moved there and did a double take when I saw who the leasing company was...

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SpikeMcclane posted:

I can't wait for Hasbro Legal to crush HG into a fine paste so we can finally get Macross poo poo stateside. :allears:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
As I understand it, they've always been primarily real estate.

As for new product, they released a new movie yesterday. They sell licenses for merch, mainly Toynami who has decided that it doesn't sell enough to continue making much new. That Miniatures game about to come out? Paladium had to pay toynami to make the minis after they refused to be involved themselves.

New Macross coming over, it's partly on the japanese side too. They, understandably, won't allow HG a cut of anything else but a different company would still have to go through HG or get sued.

So, pretty much it's HG going we get to bank or it all burns. I'm more of a Macross fan than Transformers fan and say gently caress Harmony Gold. Just in a more accurate manner. My dream is for them to one day lose the Macross rights somehow.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Los Angeles Targets got flooded with IDW Deluxes today. I suggest anyone picking up Bumblebee take a look at his paint apps before buying. Two of the three I saw today had black paint bleeding over onto the yellow everywhere, and one even had black paint on its face and taillights. One of them was nice and clean, so it's not universal.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
SDCC stuff is up on habro toy shop.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpikeMcclane posted:

Aaaand... Metroplex is sold out. I came very close to buying him, saw that the total came out to $170, and was like "...Nah, I don't need to spend that much. Chrome stickers and a gun and some decoys aren't worth it."

Usually it's a kick in the nuts when you're trying to get an SDCC exclusive on HTS and it sells out, but yeah I really don't feel bad at all.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

And the Jetfire cross over set never went up. Thats gonna drive Joe/TF collectors nuts waiting for that to appear after the Harmony Gold bullshit.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Metroplex is on Amazon Prime for preorder, or will that version be easy to get/find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Comfortador posted:

Metroplex is on Amazon Prime for preorder, or will that version be easy to get/find?

It'll obviously be easier to get than the SDCC version, but they're still not being made in huge quantities, and I imagine demand will be high. I'd say get him sooner rather than later, and expect secondary market prices to be high pretty much forever.