Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RossDude
Jan 2, 2010
My dsyfunctional internet radio family. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I have to admit some of those Ke$ha mash ups I caught towards the end of the ke$hpocalypse were pretty good. My eyes (ears?) were opened.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Stoca Zola posted:

I have to admit some of those Ke$ha mash ups I caught towards the end of the ke$hpocalypse were pretty good. My eyes (ears?) were opened.

You have been upgraded.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Pretty proud one of my quotes made it into the topic. :golfclap:

quote:

*** Merijn joined #gbs-fm
gbs.fm ♪ yeah it helps I guess and oh I also get these giant boners
Topic set by Dominus_Vobiscum on Mon Jul 15 2013 14:44:48 GMT+0200

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GBS-FM needs fresh blood. :getin:

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

My music collection just got hosed up so this has been a life saver. Cheers guys.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Are there any interesting statistics to share? Like how many different goons add songs to the playlist in one month, or what time of day gets the most traffic...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
We used to have all that type of poo poo before we made the regrettable move from Sweden to Scotland.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Beelzebozo posted:

We used to have all that type of poo poo before we made the regrettable move from Sweden to Scotland.

But we're still in Sweden? :confused:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

But we're still in Sweden? :confused:

Ah, so we are, hosting wise. Poor choice of metonymy on my part then. I meant to refer obliquely to the developer nationalities of the respective site versions. Please accept my deepest apologies for any confusion caused.

dablakh0l
Sep 3, 2002
Needs more dablakh0l...:awesome:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Beelzebozo posted:

Ah, so we are, hosting wise. Poor choice of metonymy on my part then. I meant to refer obliquely to the developer nationalities of the respective site versions. Please accept my deepest apologies for any confusion caused.

Um, OK.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

:thejoke:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I just want to extend a heartfelt thank you to Keru and delfin. It's a very beautiful thing you've helped create today.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Peachstapler posted:

I just want to extend a heartfelt thank you to Keru and delfin. It's a very beautiful thing you've helped create today.

You should reload the playlist.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

bowmore posted:

GBS-FM needs fresh blood. :getin:

No, it apparently needs 3.5 hour Journey sets.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.

Doctor Malaver posted:

No, it apparently needs 3.5 hour Journey sets.

This is, without irony, correct.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Bring back bear grunting death metal.

(Or Ke$ha)

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

See - bear grunting death metal partially overlaps with Decent music! Those are my early morning black metal short sets.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Doctor Malaver posted:

See - bear grunting death metal partially overlaps with Decent music! Those are my early morning black metal short sets.

Yeah, I never got 'round to asking RPC what he considered to be that three pixel intersection of Bear-grunting Death Metal with Cookie Monster vocals, Olde-grandad rock, and Decent music. And he's so olde and always up a tree somewhere that I'll prolly never get a chance. :ohdear:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, I never got 'round to asking RPC what he considered to be that three pixel intersection of Bear-grunting Death Metal with Cookie Monster vocals, Olde-grandad rock, and Decent music. And he's so olde and always up a tree somewhere that I'll prolly never get a chance. :ohdear:

The Newbeats.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Beelzebozo posted:

Maybe try a Ouija board?

:corsair:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Touché. :golfclap:

edit: Also, holy poo poo, how did I summon you that quickly? :raise: I didn't even type out enough of your actual username to trigger vanity search. :eek:

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 26, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

You know as well as we do he has scores of usernames.

that's why the site got hacked last time :buddy:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

They banned my bees. :(

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Beelzebozo posted:

Touché. :golfclap:

edit: Also, holy poo poo, how did I summon you that quickly? :raise: I didn't even type out enough of your actual username to trigger vanity search. :eek:

goes ding when there's stuff

also, magic.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear
Edit: Disregard.

Trans Ferdinand fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 5, 2013

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zero Star posted:

Just a reminder that the Kuuenbu meltdown happened on GBSFM. This alone makes it worth listening to. Oh, and the music's not bad either*. :)

*most of the time

Oh wow. Is this sort of thing a frequent occurance? Lifetime subscriber if so!

vvvv: Just noticed that after I made an account. Possible to see DJ'ing return? :allears:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 5, 2013

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

Blazing Zero posted:

Oh wow. Is this sort of thing a frequent occurance? Lifetime subscriber if so!

Not any more now that we don't have DJs.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blazing Zero posted:

vvvv: Just noticed that after I made an account. Possible to see DJ'ing return? :allears:

We used to pester Jonnty about it, but I think he's been swallowed by university.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I quite like when people burn through tokens or whatever to make mini-sets, even if sometimes it's half an hour of Anal oval office / Bob Pokosy remixes. Do we really need DJs or just the ability to pick more songs at once?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Stoca Zola posted:

I quite like when people burn through tokens or whatever to make mini-sets, even if sometimes it's half an hour of Anal oval office / Bob Pokosy remixes. Do we really need DJs or just the ability to pick more songs at once?

What if we had the ability to grant others power to play more tracks based on how well received their previous selections were? That could be fun or terrible! Both?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Stoca Zola posted:

Just watch, if they ever let me near the codebase.

Also I think the DJs all moved to Ghetto Radio.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

What if we had the ability to grant others power to play more tracks based on how well received their previous selections were? That could be fun or terrible! Both?

I like it! Not sure how you'd measure popularity though, if you went by vote scores people could farm more tokens by replaying popular tracks; instead of encouraging variety it might stifle it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Well there is already that thing where you can't play the a tune until 72h has passed from its last play. If staleness becomes a problem, make that longer?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Every single idea that has ever come along that would allow

a) A song to be skipped (or deleted or otherwise not played)
b) Extra songs be added

in some sort of automated (non mod based) fashion has ended in disaster.

This is because people are dicks.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.

DaWolfey posted:

Every single idea that has ever come along that would allow

a) A song to be skipped (or deleted or otherwise not played)
b) Extra songs be added

in some sort of automated (non mod based) fashion has ended in disaster.

This is because people are dicks.

Today's track you rated 1 and wanted to skip is tomorrow's song you're inexplicably adding to the playlist.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot the factor that if everyone likes what you're playing, they add more of the same and you get a collaborative set anyway without any extra fancy bells and whistles to make it happen. Thanks guys, really enjoyed the Akira Yamaoka this afternoon. Easier to do from IRC if you want random tracks, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

I kind of lean towards that would turn into just a certain circle of people giving and receiving power to mold the list however they choose as far as how often people listen in.

• Locked thread