Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I wouldn't be so cocky. Hamilton Brown and Taylor are in now. Quick double centuries for both of them and declare at around 600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

I wouldn't be so cocky. Hamilton Brown and Taylor are in now. Quick double centuries for both of them and declare at around 600.

With overs like this that seems like a possibility

quote:

Lyon to Hamilton-Brown, FOUR

Lyon to Hamilton-Brown, no run

Lyon to Hamilton-Brown, no run

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is Rory-boy trying to get picked?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
34 ball 50 for Hamilton Brown aahahaha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Talor for comparison has scored 5 from 27 balls.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

goatface posted:

Is Rory-boy trying to get picked?

It'd take more than a spasticated 70-odd for that shithouse to get picked

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

serious gaylord posted:

Talor for comparison has scored 5 from 27 balls.
He's nervous. It's pretty much certain that he will play in the Ashes if he gets a good score. Fairly big deal for a young man.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Warner is just trash isn't he http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/27/australia-david-warner-south-africa

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Lionel Richie posted:

It'd take more than a spasticated 70-odd for that shithouse to get picked

Is he really that bad?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Career average of 33, just tries to slog it all the time, supposed to be a "handy" spinner but has only taken 9 career wickets, stripped of England under-19 captaincy for indiscipline but then reinstated with a full apology for the embarrassment caused to him and his family, you get me, made captain of Surrey but left after his teammate, best friend, housemate and habitual cocaine user Tom Maynard went and Darwin Awarded himself. There are a lot of bridges to overcome with young Rory I feel.

I don't know. The grief you lot give Samit and then bring up names like Rory Hamilton-Brown *shakes head*

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

quote:

It was the second time during his innings of 33 that the umpires had intervened in an altercation between the players, which had its roots in Friday's play, when Tsolekile was unhappy at remarks made to him by the Australians as he compiled 159."

quote:

"No report has been filed by the umpires and no action will therefore be taken," said Cricket Australia in a statement.

gently caress our administration and gently caress David Warner

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
I don't think you have to worry too much about Hamilton-Brown getting picked. I mean, he played for Surrey and left. That's like hanging a big "I don't want to play for England" sign on your back, surely?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

probably the keepers fault

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Lionel Richie posted:

Career average of 33, just tries to slog it all the time, supposed to be a "handy" spinner but has only taken 9 career wickets, stripped of England under-19 captaincy for indiscipline but then reinstated with a full apology for the embarrassment caused to him and his family, you get me, made captain of Surrey but left after his teammate, best friend, housemate and habitual cocaine user Tom Maynard went and Darwin Awarded himself. There are a lot of bridges to overcome with young Rory I feel.

I don't know. The grief you lot give Samit and then bring up names like Rory Hamilton-Brown *shakes head*

Ok fair enough. George Dobell seems to like him.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Hyperriker posted:

gently caress our administration and gently caress David Warner

To be fair, if it wasn't Warner involved, it might not have been getting this attention. These things happen all the time. Can't believe I'm defending Warner though...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Nothing wrong with some aggression during a match. Why would cricket Australia care about him arguing with a saffie on the field. Did McGrath ever get in trouble for acting like a maniac.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Aggression during a match is fine but this dickhead is losing his poo poo while failing (33) against an A side on a road, there's a bit of a difference between that and McGrath imo

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

McGrath just liked to call someone a human being over and over like a real man.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Hyperriker posted:

Aggression during a match is fine but this dickhead is losing his poo poo while failing (33) against an A side on a road, there's a bit of a difference between that and McGrath imo
He DID make 193 in the first innings

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Does Warner even have a dying wife he's pretending to love to get mad about?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He was probably just defending Amla again

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Pretty sure he was just playing his natural game, trying to get on top of the bowling

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Shmoses posted:

He DID make 193 in the first innings

:lol: welp!

*shuffles back into cave*

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
Has anyone watched this Simon Kerrigan guy? Any good?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Taylor, Tremlett and Panesar have been added to the ashes squad. Finn and Onions have been dropped.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Auditore posted:

Ok fair enough. George Dobell seems to like him.

George Dobell likes Rikki Clarke too. The man is an idiot, and his writing annoys me somehow.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

serious gaylord posted:

Taylor, Tremlett and Panesar have been added to the ashes squad. Finn and Onions have been dropped.

Suprised Finns been full on dropped. Tremlett for the next test then?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Hyperriker posted:

:lol: welp!

*shuffles back into cave*
I'm not defending his character, I'm just saying it's a bit rich to criticise him for 'failing on a flat track' when he was within two shots of a double century in the first innings. Keep in mind that our entire batting order made significantly less than that on a track that was also flat.

EDIT: And also I highly doubt this would be news at all were it not Warner. 'Cricketer exchanges words with opponent'

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 28, 2013

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tarbrush posted:

Probably Panesar actually since Old Traffords meant to be a turner.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

serious gaylord posted:

Toot toot all aboard the Monty Express. Next stop, 10-0.

:smith:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The least surprising thing in the world happened

quote:

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has cleared Indian Premier League franchise Rajasthan Royals and co-owner Raj Kundra of betting charges. The board has also found no evidence against India Cements, the company that owns the Chennai Super Kings.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How shocking. Almost as surprising as their threats to take their ball home after South Africa appointed a new chief exec they didn't approve of.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

goatface posted:

How shocking. Almost as surprising as their threats to take their ball home after South Africa appointed a new chief exec they didn't approve of.

And booting Tim May off the players committee.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Lionel Richie posted:

George Dobell likes Rikki Clarke too. The man is an idiot, and his writing annoys me somehow.

Well yes he is also a strong proponent of Ian Bell too.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

tarbrush posted:

Surprised but I think it's a ballsy move. Finn needs a prolonged period out of the Test set-up. He's been stagnating for some time now. Always felt Tremlett was the better option and it's a shame he's had injury problems.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Taylor got his ton.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Chemi posted:

Surprised but I think it's a ballsy move. Finn needs a prolonged period out of the Test set-up. He's been stagnating for some time now. Always felt Tremlett was the better option and it's a shame he's had injury problems.

I have to admit, after seeing Clark unable handle those Broad bouncers, watching Tremlett rough him up should be fun.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/655813.html

According to this article there are strong rumours that cricket Australia are going to introduce 5 day fc matches.

Not sure how much it will help but it also can't hurt.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
I've always hoped Tremlett would end up like McGrath - unwavering line and length with the ability to generate bounce off the pitch.

Nathan Lyon's had a bit of a nightmare in this match. 1-99 off 26? Worse than Agar's figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Burn Down Canberra posted:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/655813.html

According to this article there are strong rumours that cricket Australia are going to introduce 5 day fc matches.

Not sure how much it will help but it also can't hurt.

Desperate attempt to get the bowlers some wickets without changing the terrible pitches.

• Locked thread