Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Kaliber posted:

.23 mile run. Decided running sucks and stopped running

this is the correct answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Kaliber posted:

Hit legs in the gym, light weight, high rep drop sets, did a 10 minute cool down on the bike, abs, and went to Teddy's Bigger Burger for a double with cheese and bacon.

Gotta git those carbs.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Veins McGee posted:

Why are you still training for SFAS if you're going to Columbia?

I'm deferring Columbia until next year to at least get one shot at selection with the guard. CU has an option that allows you to defer admission for up to 5 years should you decide to pursue military service. That way, should I mess up somewhere along the way, I've always got a great school to fall back on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm deferring Columbia until next year to at least get one shot at selection with the guard. CU has an option that allows you to defer admission for up to 5 years should you decide to pursue military service. That way, should I mess up somewhere along the way, I've always got a great school to fall back on.

That's a pretty good no-risk situation you got there, Deathy.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Deathy McDeath posted:

Why the gently caress would you rather do more army than go to an ivy league school?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gleep gloop posted:

Why the gently caress would you rather do more army than go to an ivy league school?!

He misses out so much on the greenie weenie that he wants to wear it on his head now.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Pulled a 275 after only doing 4 unit PT sessions last month and being in the field for a week. My unit schedules these PT tests at the worst times and always tells us at the last minute. "Oh you just got out of NTC? Here's a PT test!" Unsurprisingly, several people failed it.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
yesterday:

pushups
3x25 normal stance
3x5 narrow
1x10 wide

situps
2x35
1x30

pullups
3x6
2x5

step ups
2x30

1 minute rest between all sets

today

ohp
3x85#
5x105#
5x115#
3x135#

dl
3x245#
5x295#
5x345#
3x395#

bench
3x135#
5x165#
5x185#
3x215#

squat
3x205#
5x245#
5x285#
3x325#

2-3 minute rest between all sets

7 minute rest

10-8-6-4-2 of:
double db clean and press 45# dbs
situps
renegade rows 15# dbs
squats 135#
30 second rest between sets

15 minutes rest
500m warmup jog
3x300m uphill intervals w/ 300m walk back to start as rest
500m cool down jog

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 3, 2013

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Deathy McDeath posted:

Most schools allow you to defer. I just don't see what the point is.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Veins McGee posted:

Most schools allow you to defer. I just don't see what the point is.

SF is something I've been wanting to do for a while. Since it's with a guard company, if I make it through training and get tabbed I can do that thing and still attend a top-notch school. Other than dying or being horribly injured, there really are no downsides.

I know it's moto or whatever

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 3, 2013

vains
May 26, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

SF is something I've been wanting to do for a while. Since it's with a guard company, if I make it through training and get tabbed I can do that thing and still attend a top-notch school. Other than dying or being horribly injured, there really are no downsides.

A free ride to an Ivy League is like a golden ticket to life. Taking 2-3 years off to do SF seems kind of crazy. You're a grown rear end man who can do whatever you want, though. I'd be kind of embarrassed for you if you took advice from goons on anything other than consumer electronics or anime

Bis/Tris for content
Preacher EZ Curl
80x10
90x9
100x6
90x9
85x9
80x9
70x10
70x10

Seated Hammer DB Curl
35x8x3
30x8

Reverse Preacher Curl EZ Curl(wild card, change it up between standing wide, reverse preacher, cable curl, machine curl)
50x10x4

Concentration Curl DB(wild card, alternate concentration curls with overhand standing cable
30x10x3
25x10

Close Grip BB Bench
155x10
165x10
165x9
155x10
145x10
135x10

Rope Pushdowns
50x10x4

Y-bar Pushdowns
57.5x10x4

Overhand Single Arm Pushdowns
15x10
20x10x3

I'm pushing 29 on the BMI calculator...so close to brobeisity.

vains fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 3, 2013

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Have you spoken with the detachment you're trying out with yet? Because guard SF units tend to deploy/go TDY with about the same frequency as their active duty counterparts, which could be pretty disruptive when it comes to your schooling.

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 3, 2013

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yesterday was a bench day. All these weights are standard lb plates.

warm up
2x10x135
6x165
6x195

working sets
5x5x210

close grip bench
3x6x185

triceps overhead pull
5x10x125

chin up
5x10

decline fly
5x15x60

incline fly
5x15x40

Today is overhead press day. Pretty no frills.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I started growing faster when I got rid of the chest/tri, bi/back, shoulder/legs split. Now I do chest/back, bi/tri, shoulder/leg.

The idea behind this is that if you do chest one day, you'll be able to lift more on tri day. Doing six-eight exercises where half hit your tris directly and half that hit your triceps as a secondary muscle just cripples the amount you can push on chest/triceps towards the end of your workout. I switch it up every six or so weeks and this was the one I had the best luck with.

E: After this six week cycle I'm on right now I'm going to do a lot of supersets and circuit workouts. I've never done it like that before, so we'll see how it goes.

Cole fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 3, 2013

vains
May 26, 2004

Cole posted:

I started growing faster when I got rid of the chest/tri, bi/back, shoulder/legs split. Now I do chest/back, bi/tri, shoulder/leg.

The idea behind this is that if you do chest one day, you'll be able to lift more on tri day. Doing six-eight exercises where half hit your tris directly and half that hit your triceps as a secondary muscle just cripples the amount you can push on chest/triceps towards the end of your workout. I switch it up every six or so weeks and this was the one I had the best luck with.

Doing chest and back on the same day seems kind of dumb. The amount of weight you're moving with your triceps is really an irrelevant number, just as long as its increasing or the size of your arms is increasing. Legs, chest/tri, shoulder, back, bis/tris or chest/shoulders, bi/tri, back, legs are way better splits.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Veins McGee posted:

Doing chest and back on the same day seems kind of dumb. The amount of weight you're moving with your triceps is really an irrelevant number, just as long as its increasing or the size of your arms is increasing. Legs, chest/tri, shoulder, back, bis/tris or chest/shoulders, bi/tri, back, legs are way better splits.

I like to do push/pull on the same days. If I was going to switch it I would do back/tris and chest/bis (which will likely be my next three day split). Like I said I just do things in six week cycles and what I mentioned is what I've had the best luck with. YMMV.

vains
May 26, 2004

Cole posted:

I like to do push/pull on the same days. If I was going to switch it I would do back/tris and chest/bis (which will likely be my next three day split). Like I said I just do things in six week cycles and what I mentioned is what I've had the best luck with. YMMV.

Well, if you're trying to get more swole doing a 3 day split and working out two major muscle groups kind of sucks(at least for me). I'm usually pretty gassed after one or the other but maybe you're some super lifter.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cole posted:

E: After this six week cycle I'm on right now I'm going to do a lot of supersets and circuit workouts. I've never done it like that before, so we'll see how it goes.

My days aren't split up into body parts, but for a specific lift and then whatever accessory work for that has some carry over to the main lift.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Have you spoken with the detachment you're trying out with yet? Because guard SF units tend to deploy/go TDY with about the same frequency as their active duty counterparts, which could be pretty disruptive when it comes to your schooling.

This particular company hasn't deployed as a company since 2007 or so. You're right, it is something that I'll have to discuss with them. In all likelihood it'd probably be best if I did a deployment with them before asking for some time for schooling, but we'll see. Gotta get through the training, first.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Quit talkin' 'bout college in here, yah nerds. Just kidding.

For pt today, I'm going to an ice hockey tryout for a team that travels around, playing games to raise money for various veteran organizations. I have only played 2 times in the past 7 years, so what could possibly go wrong?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
ADAPT AND OVERCOME DEVILDOG

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did some intervals today. Speed was approximately a 6min/mile

600 to track
100x8
800x2
800x4
600 back home

Left calf is hurting pretty badly. Im probably gonna lay off running for a week and stick to bodyweight stuff.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
So I may have torn my meniscus.

More to follow when I go get xrays tomorrow.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That sucks dude. Had a minor year a few years back. I was on crutches for about a month. So have fun with that.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

holocaust bloopers posted:

That sucks dude. Had a minor year a few years back. I was on crutches for about a month. So have fun with that.

great pep talk dicklord

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

great pep talk dicklord

this reads like outakes from the mighty ducks DVD release or something and im lol'ing as gently caress at it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

elite_garbage_man posted:

So I may have torn my meniscus.

More to follow when I go get xrays tomorrow.

Will a meniscus tear even show up on x-ray? I thought that was an MRI thing.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

CISNAZI WEEDHITLER posted:

this reads like outakes from the mighty ducks DVD release or something and im lol'ing as gently caress at it.

cake eater!!!!

vains
May 26, 2004

http://www.fitnessandpower.com/body...se-testosterone

Anyone have any experience with these? I took Tribulus Terestis in Iraq but all it did was give me more boners that I couldn't use.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Got x-rays today. Nothing is broken which is good, so I have to schedule a MRI this week and that could take up to 2 weeks to get.

pt:
1 rounds:
eat taco bell
22 seconds

new pr time

PS: Thanks Coach Bombay.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

elite_garbage_man posted:

Got x-rays today. Nothing is broken which is good, so I have to schedule a MRI this week and that could take up to 2 weeks to get.

pt:
1 rounds:
eat taco bell
22 seconds

new pr time

PS: Thanks Coach Bombay.
Oh we're playing this game:
15 minute AMRAP:
Plain doughnut with a chicken fried steak and gravy on top of it all.
1 rep=piece of food in mouth.

PR: 20 reps. Austin is awesome.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Deadlift day

DL
2x6x155
5x190
5x220
3x265
5x5x310

B/O row
5x5x200

Shrugs
5x15x200

Glute ham raise
3x6

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So I'm starting to get back into running after a few months off due to a knee issue, and I've been noticing the fronts of my ankles and top of forefoot break out in uncomfortable, itchy hives a few minutes in. It's making it very difficult to get any sort of rhythm or distance. Anybody else ever have this happen? It's really frustrating :smith:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

shyduck posted:

So I'm starting to get back into running after a few months off due to a knee issue, and I've been noticing the fronts of my ankles and top of forefoot break out in uncomfortable, itchy hives a few minutes in. It's making it very difficult to get any sort of rhythm or distance. Anybody else ever have this happen? It's really frustrating :smith:

the only winning move is to never run

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

the only winning move is to never run

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
yeah

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Two more months and I'll have my wish :unsmigghh:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

Maybe you're allergic to the dye in the athletic socks you're wearing?

DinosaurWarfare
Apr 27, 2010
If I've been cutting for awhile Is it a good/bad idea to be as lean as possible before OCS?
I wasn't sure whether to ask here or in the stickied joining the military thread

DinosaurWarfare fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I see the babby LTs coming through BOLC, and the amount of loving running they do, yeah, you should try and be as lean as possible to save your joints from the idiocy of all that running.