Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Peter Bazooka posted:

Jay Lenoscream has some tiny arms.

He is the T-Rex of seekers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The arms I can somewhat forgive (but having those huge rear end legs in contrast doesn't help), but that face... what the hell was the designer thinking?

edit: holy poo poo after having him for a while I never noticed MP Soundwave has speakers molded inside the panels that hide his hands :psyduck: This guy is just chock-full of neat details.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 5, 2013

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is it supposed to be based off the animated Starscream? Because its dead on to the head we got with that a few years back.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It appears MP Soundwave is back up on TRU, I even found a store pickup option (which is unheard of here)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&skuid=15104021

Edit: It's gone? Maybe I have one? I got past the payment page. drat this website.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 5, 2013

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

strangehamster posted:

It appears MP Soundwave is back up on TRU, I even found a store pickup option (which is unheard of here)

Edit: It's gone? Maybe I have one? drat this website.

Wow it lets you add it, then tells you they don't have it. Jerks got my hopes up.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

therealjon_ posted:

Is it supposed to be based off the animated Starscream? Because its dead on to the head we got with that a few years back.

It's based off of a Guido Guidi design used in the pre-All Hail Megatron IDW comics, like that recent Legends figure of him.
http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=42982
I think the head is just jacked up and not a reference

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Other posted:

It's based off of a Guido Guidi design used in the pre-All Hail Megatron IDW comics, like that recent Legends figure of him.
http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=42982
I think the head is just jacked up and not a reference
Head might be a reference to the Roche style Starscream face, ie the one Brawn punched in on the cover of ongoing #16

Also it's amazing how many good seeker designs IDW has thrown away to use something worse

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Edit: It's gone? Maybe I have one? I got past the payment page. drat this website.

The only thing showing available for me is store pick up, with none available within 50 miles of my current location. Time to keep searching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just snagged one through with "in store pick up." Said the local TRU 1 mile away has them in stock.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!
Tried six times on this URL http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&prodFindSrc=rv in two different browsers and every time I add it to my cart it shows nothing but still showing an "add to cart" option on the main product page.

Whyyyyyyyy

Edit: And it's gone again.

That metal dude fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 5, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

That metal dude posted:

Tried six times on this URL http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&prodFindSrc=rv in two different browsers and every time I add it to my cart it shows nothing but still showing an "add to cart" option on the main product page.
Whyyyyyyyy

There is a delay between the web server and the inventory database computers?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Not really sure. I happened to see it too and just kept clicking through. Eventually I got a proper order page but the ship to home option was disabled and of course the only store within range of me has none in stock.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SOUNDWAVE IS IN STOCK, GO GO GO! Just got an order through!

edit:

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
GOGOGO

I got one all the way through submission, no confirmation though :ohdear:

According to TRU customer service, my order was a "ghost order" and did not go through :negative:

I haven't seen any show up but I am turning into the weird guy who shows up at opening on truck days since the TRU by me is on my way to the library when I go there to write.
\/\/\/

BXCX fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 5, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Still available for store pickup if you are lucky enough to have any stores in your area with stock.

Edit: That is to say even though online ordering is sold out, you can put your ZIP code into the site's page and it will let you reserve one at a local store if they have any. This option is not always available for Soundwave, so try it while you can.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 5, 2013

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Fun story on James Roberts' Twitter about getting the Spanish Inquisition at Canadian customs, who quizzed him about Energon Cubes and asked him to explain the Matrix in detail. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was one of you lot loving with him. Either way, your entry into the country depending on your knowledge of the goddamn Autobot Matrix of Leadership is gloriously ridiculous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I've picked up Trailcutter, Megatron and Orion Pax, and I have to admit all three are decent looking figures.

Orion is far better than either of the two FoC Optimi and looks pretty decent in any pose you want to put him in. The vehicle mode is a bit pony, with the cab window section not sitting flush with the hood, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. For a Cybertronian vehicle mode, it's very Earth like. There's also a mistake on the instructions that says you need to turn his legs around when in fact you need to rotate his entire waist.

Megatron is interesting. Clearly they wanted him to be a voyager too. There's little bits that push out and up on him, in a vague attempt to make him seem bigger and wider. It's an effect that's slightly ruined the moment you stand him next to any other figure. Also, pink fists. Nice alt mode though, very sleek and sexy. Shame they've already done away with it in the comics.

Trailbreaker I talked about before, and while I'm glad to have him (and I'm waiting for Hoist more than anything), he might be my least favourite of the three. He's still drat good, though.

One thing all three have in common is veeeery tiny heads. What's with that?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A small head generally gives the illusion that the character is bigger. Sometimes they pull it off right, sometimes they don't.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Megatron is interesting. Clearly they wanted him to be a voyager too. There's little bits that push out and up on him, in a vague attempt to make him seem bigger and wider. It's an effect that's slightly ruined the moment you stand him next to any other figure. Also, pink fists. Nice alt mode though, very sleek and sexy. Shame they've already done away with it in the comics.

Yeah, I really wish they'd made him a Voyager. He was so drat huge and imposing in the comic and the Deluxe is just sort of "HI THERE!" next to the others. Still, at least they made him.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
Somehow managed to get the pick up order for Soundwave confirmed in the Bronx (so friggin far away)and so did my friend. Now still got pick up Acid Storm. Coincidentally Times Square location has it again. Those jerks.. I don't want to trek into the city :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, I really wish they'd made him a Voyager. He was so drat huge and imposing in the comic and the Deluxe is just sort of "HI THERE!" next to the others. Still, at least they made him.

Oh, absolutely. I'm really glad they're going to the IDW well for inspiration. The only one I've ducked out on so far is Bumblebee because I already own a classics Bee and he's awesome. Actually, I own 2, because I have the Legends one too. If you're generous, he could be in scale with these new deluxes. I need to make him a walking stick.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Astrotrain is the coolest triple changer because he's a loving steam locomotive AND a space shuttle, you can't get cooler than that. Not even a robot dinosaur beats that. I would be totally down for a voyager one.

Lepecard posted:

...that face.

I like the wings,legs, and the shoulder vents though.

Man, I'm really not feeling a lot of this iGear stuff. Those mini warriors are kinda ehhh.

Also for any of you Gundam fans out there, I think I've realized that James Roberts is depressed Yoshiyuki Tomino and Happy Tomino at the same time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
GUYS WHO OWN MP SOUNDWAVE AND/OR FREMBLE!!!!

There IS a way to have ALL of Fremble's accessories attached at once, INCLUDING the little cap-backpack-thingy! Attach the backpack and piledrivers like normal, then use the "storage" method for the back-guns, but UPSIDE DOWN, with the LEFT gun in the RIGHT piledriver, and vice-versa! No need to put the backpacks inside the energon-cube box anymore! SUCCESS!!

It's definitely intentional, too; the pegs for putting the guns in Fremble's hands slide right into the gaps at the wrists.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

GUYS WHO OWN MP SOUNDWAVE AND/OR FREMBLE!!!!

There IS a way to have ALL of Fremble's accessories attached at once, INCLUDING the little cap-backpack-thingy! Attach the backpack and piledrivers like normal, then use the "storage" method for the back-guns, but UPSIDE DOWN, with the LEFT gun in the RIGHT piledriver, and vice-versa! No need to put the backpacks inside the energon-cube box anymore! SUCCESS!!

It's definitely intentional, too; the pegs for putting the guns in Fremble's hands slide right into the gaps at the wrists.

But then the back guns are not on their backs, making them screen inaccurate. :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

But then the back guns are not on their backs, making them screen inaccurate. :colbert:

I don't care. Like, if I was displaying Soundwave and the Recordicons on a dedicated shelf or something, I'd shove the backpacks in the energon cube and call it a day. But while playing with them, I find everything having a place in all modes more satisfying than screen-accuracy.

EDIT: Besides the cartoon got the names wrong so what do they know anyway? :can:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't care. Like, if I was displaying Soundwave and the Recordicons on a dedicated shelf or something, I'd shove the backpacks in the energon cube and call it a day. But while playing with them, I find everything having a place in all modes more satisfying than screen-accuracy.

EDIT: Besides the cartoon got the names wrong so what do they know anyway? :can:

They know enough that MP Soundwave's box agrees with them. :smug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

They know enough that MP Soundwave's box agrees with them. :smug:

MY MP Soundwave's box DISAGREES. :smugbert:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Not-Sunstreaker arrived today. I love this mold.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Sentinel Red posted:

Fun story on James Roberts' Twitter about getting the Spanish Inquisition at Canadian customs, who quizzed him about Energon Cubes and asked him to explain the Matrix in detail. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was one of you lot loving with him. Either way, your entry into the country depending on your knowledge of the goddamn Autobot Matrix of Leadership is gloriously ridiculous.

Can you link the account? I swear I've just looked at three or four different wrong James Robertses and gave up.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

MY MP Soundwave's box DISAGREES. :smugbert:

Did you cut the names out and swap them? I can support that level of dedication to one's FIBRIR/RIBFIR position.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

Did you cut the names out and swap them? I can support that level of dedication to one's FIBRIR/RIBFIR position.

I'm not even joking. My Hasbro MP Soundwave box, on the back, uses RIRFIB labeling.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm not even joking. My Hasbro MP Soundwave box, on the back, uses RIRFIB labeling.

poo poo, you're right, I had only glanced at it and thought "Decepticon Frenzy" applied to the picture above it. Well, as a fan of the comics I tend to think of Rumble as red anyway, but I was sure the US MP would label them as most of the US audience remembers it. One more brick in the "only the US cartoon thinks this, crazy people" wall.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Though that would have been amazing, if Hasbro just randomly set the box printer to alternate between RIRFIB and FIRRIB each printing, and there was a 50/50 chance on which your box would say.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Speaking of boxes, have some TFW2005.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

Speaking of boxes, have some TFW2005.

My Target got reset and there is crap on shelves again!

Look at all this glorious crap!

You don't need eyes to see where this is going! (I hope on clearance so I can get that giant $60 dragon bastard)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Lepecard posted:

...that face.

I like the wings,legs, and the shoulder vents though.

Odd they would stick so close to the IDW design, then divert wildly once they got to the head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Site to store rules

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.
Saw my local TRU had Soundwave in stock, so I rushed over there, bee-lined it to the Transformers aisle, and did the usual dig in every hiding place known to man for 20 minutes. While I was waiting for the site to load to see if I had missed it, an associate asked if she could help. She checked the system and tracked two down for me. I only took one and went to checkout at the service desk. I look to my left and see one each of the new Masterpieces, roughly 10 feet from the front door on the service desk. Apparently they were there the whole time, but my blind rush made me miss them.

And that's the story of how I'm the biggest idiot to get a Soundwave.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

cunny mcalister posted:

Saw my local TRU had Soundwave in stock, so I rushed over there, bee-lined it to the Transformers aisle, and did the usual dig in every hiding place known to man for 20 minutes. While I was waiting for the site to load to see if I had missed it, an associate asked if she could help. She checked the system and tracked two down for me. I only took one and went to checkout at the service desk. I look to my left and see one each of the new Masterpieces, roughly 10 feet from the front door on the service desk. Apparently they were there the whole time, but my blind rush made me miss them.

And that's the story of how I'm the biggest idiot to get a Soundwave.

I think pretty much everyone did that the first time they went to check, because everyone expected them to be on the shelves. The first time we went out looking, we covered the entire LA area's spread of TRUs, only to find out that the first one we'd been to had a bunch of them, we just didn't think to look in the cases by the videogame section. Which was doubly stupid because that's where they kept MP Thundercracker, so I have no idea why I didn't think to check there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I went to a TRU while out on a trip yesterday. In a weird way I was hoping they were sold out so I could tell myself that I shouldn't be spending the money. Turn into the aisle and BAM, two Soundwaves and like 8 Acid Storms. Oh well, I'll just drive the car Flintstone style when I can't buy gas.

As I'm up front I see a another guy carrying a baby seat with child rushing to the aisle, he's on a mission. I want to know.. Look in the aisle, he's got the other Soundwave, with a big smile on his face. Then he sets it on the floor, looks at it then at the baby, he does this back and forth a few times. In my mind I'm thinking poo poo, he's only got room for one of them in the car and he's trying to figure out a way to explain to his wife why Soundwave was buckled in the carseat and not the baby.

Behind me I see a girl, mid twenties running to the aisle. She stops next to me, looks at the empty hole on shelf, then sees one in baby abandoners hands and one in mine. She looks at me, calls me a rear end in a top hat and stomps off. The father and I share a smile. She glared at me the entire time I was checking out, I felt a lot better about spending the cash after that. Now I just have to talk myself into buying Acid Storm, my next gen game system money is taking a hit, is he worth it?