Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Burning_Monk posted:

I don't think it did have it's memories, since Venture mentioned they would have to re-potty train it.

Which is completely horrifying.

"Oh you're here to pick up your 7 year old boy Johnny? Here's a still forming lump of cells that's genetically identical to your son!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
The theory we all came to rest on was that it was a Hank or a Dean he had on hand that he just futzed with to look more like their kid.

edit:vvv ahhhhhhh holy poo poo I forgot about that

Hawaiian Shirt fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 1, 2013

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

The theory we all came to rest on was that it was a Hank or a Dean he had on hand that he just futzed with to look more like their kid.

Except, Dr. Venture also mentions that he cleared up some kind of genetic problem the kid would have had later in life. Making it very doubtful that was a Venture Bro clone.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Which is completely horrifying.

"Oh you're here to pick up your 7 year old boy Johnny? Here's a still forming lump of cells that's genetically identical to your son!"

What's so horrifying about negligently murdering a kid? With that kids genetics the parents should be thanking Dr. Venture! :v: plus they all signed a waiver

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Burning_Monk posted:

I don't think it did have it's memories, since Venture mentioned they would have to re-potty train it.

Hah, good point, maybe it was a toddler or something. I think it was mostly meant as a throw away gag(It was post-credits, no?).

revolther
May 27, 2008
I vaguely remember another movie/show that used the term or idea of "clone slugs" as basically a genetically complete blank slate waiting for a hair/blood/dna sample to be added and cooked for a bit longer. It may have been The Island or The Sixth Day(someone liked it).

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Shindragon posted:

Hey, he isn't a... bad person.

That was probably my favorite part of the episode. Rusty may be an rear end in a top hat, but he ain't an evil rear end in a top hat.

"I think that's one of those 'Take Back the Night' rallies. Great place to meet women, meeeow."

Also Dermott.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One thing that never read well in Dr Quim was that she starts to have a fit, and clutches the thing around her neck which has a cigarette in it, but I think they were trying to suggest that she was the Wereodile to the audience. It never really worked though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't love that episode, but it's all worth it for Dr. Venture's flippant "Ew!" when he's told she's an epileptic.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SRM posted:

I don't love that episode, but it's all worth it for Dr. Venture's flippant "Ew!" when he's told she's an epileptic.

Also "how you feeling, Broken Arrow?"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seeing Doc fall off the roof and bounce off the hood when the Land Rover stops is one of my favorite things in the whole series.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So like, I'm sure it was discussed to death ages ago, but I've been going back watching some old episodes, and I was wondering about the other people in the Boys Brigade photo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SRM posted:

I like Brock in that episode, he really, really doesn't want to be there. Also him being grossed out by Doc talking about banging Quim.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

So like, I'm sure it was discussed to death ages ago, but I've been going back watching some old episodes, and I was wondering about the other people in the Boys Brigade photo.

There's not much to say, really. They don't really resemble anybody who has shown up in the series, and nobody really even mentions the boy's brigade.

There's got to be an interesting story to how Phantom Limb joined though.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Who are the two on the right?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

LongDarkNight posted:

Who are the two on the right?

I always think one of them is Al.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

sbaldrick posted:

I always think one of them is Al.

Somebody has to quote this on livejournal so they can talk about it on a commentary.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The group is made up of Dr. Venture, Professor Impossible, Phantom Limb, someone who is probably The Alchemist, and someone who might be Sergeant Hatred.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The one on the end is obviously Col. Gathers. Who else wears shorts and a uniform all the time...

Other than Shore Leave.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

The big unidentified guy also looks a bit like Manstrong.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've always thought it was Manstrong and Al, but Manstrong and Gathers makes waaaaay more sense for their ages.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Maybe the other guy is Major Tom.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Burning_Monk posted:

Maybe the other guy is Major Tom.

Nah, Tom was a contemporary of original Team Venture.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even though Dermot knows that Rusty is his dad, he still thinks his Grandmother is his mom, poor guy.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Nikki, don't be a douche!

I got my OSI shirt and it rules. It's a partial synthetic blend so you can actually wear it running and sweat in it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

Nah, Tom was a contemporary of original Team Venture.

Have we seen Major Tom in anything but Ghost of the Sagagosas?

He didn't seem to be in any of the Venture team photos in Now Museum.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 4, 2013

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I suspect he was in that one episode for the Bowie joke and wasn't meant for a long term character

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FfhNDtSqPRA

Jackson gives the Pacific Rim speech as The Monarch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

johntfs posted:

That was hilarious.

This was in the related links. I don't know who Amanda Bynes is but I laughed a lot anyway.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's not much to say, really. They don't really resemble anybody who has shown up in the series, and nobody really even mentions the boy's brigade.

There's got to be an interesting story to how Phantom Limb joined though.

From L to R:

- Jonas Venture Sr.
- Richard Impossible
- Phantom Limb
- Bud Manstrong
- The Alchemist

Compare each one to their current-day depiction. Manstrong's build/neck/adam's apple are there, and Al has the nose and facial features.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Also the hair is so opposite what he's currently rocking it has to be Al. I think that's a trope, but there's no way you're gonna get me to check.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Protagorean posted:

Also the hair is so opposite what he's currently rocking it has to be Al. I think that's a trope, but there's no way you're gonna get me to check.

:) Can't really have an afro with a bald spot.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They accidentally sent me two copies of the OSI shirt :getin:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nice!

Also got my shallow gravy shirt!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

johntfs posted:

He should just make YouTube videos of movie monologues as read by The Monarch.

I want to hear the President's speech from Independence Day.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Poque posted:

That's awesome, did you get two Hank Bucks as well?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
From an AMA on Reddit, from Annie Wu, color designer for Season 5:

quote:

I was the color designer for characters, props and effects for Season 5. I might be doing something else next season but this is a relatively new development so nothing's for sure.
Hey, you want to know something dumb that I've always wanted to share but never have an opportunity to bring up in regular conversation? When I was getting notes from Jackson Publick for the "SPHINX Rising" episode, he offhandedly suggested giving Shore Leave's suitcase some kind of Louis Vuitton-looking monogram look. So I went loving NUTS and designed a whole ridiculous SPHINX / Shore Leave themed pattern with his initials, anchors, and the SPHINX skull. I spent a good chunk of time on it. And then when I saw the final episode on TV, I realized you could only see the top part of the suitcase. For, like, half a second. But it got a laugh out of Jackson when I showed it to him so it's all good.
Anyway. Pause it when Shore Leave leaves the warehouse in that episode and admire the suitcase. Know that I spent, like, thirty minutes on it.
Actually, now that I've written it out, I realize it's probably not a particularly interesting story to anyone else, which is most likely why I've never been able to bring it up in conversation. It was a nice pattern.

Anyone have a screengrab?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

She doesn't know her episodes, I finally figured out from context that she's talking about the scene where SPHINX packs up in the season premiere.

It really is only like 4 frames though, he walks behind the table and then it cuts away.

God bless the artists. :allears: Some bonus Sky Pilot mean muggin' too.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Do any of the artists ever comment on what the gently caress's happening to Brock's face over the course of the show, especially the end of season 3/season 4 going forward?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I still don't have mine, so you owe me one of yours. I was gonna pull goon-iority, but you've got me beat by a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Third (really second) package has shipped ... again with $165 documented.

Dammit titmouse.