Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #037
Stardate: Uh, gosh I've got no idea. Left my chrono on Ord Mantell.

Howdy y'all. Corso here. Or, uh, Corsolius M. Riggs to the publishing world. Q's not really in the mood to update his Captain's Blog right now, so I figured I could fill in for him a bit.

I don't mind telling you Captain was in a pretty bad way after the whole Evocii business. First stop was the nearest cantina, and there's plenty of those in the Red Light Sector I can say that. After what we'd seen I needed a drink too, but nothing like the Captain. I thought I'd have to drag him back to the ship again, but he insisted we go see Drooga and sort out his business. Something about not giving Risha the satisfaction, don't rightly know what he was getting at.

He walked straight up to Drooga's pleasure barge with Flashy in hand, didn't care nothing for all the guards or partiers. I thought it mighta kicked off right there, but seems like folks round here are used to seeing drunks waving blasters around.

We got all the way up to Drooga himself and Captain flagged his man over. The blue fella with the head thingies. Do those things get itchy? I'd go mad scratching 'em.

Recommended 'cause we meet a pretty remarkable guy near the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1WsfxF0zmc

quote:

Quinine: The woman who stole Drooga's beast took it to someone named Lazhae. Ever heard of him?

Drooga the Hutt: Ga'Ram! The twentieth course hasn't arrived, and the Wookie already slew my Colicoid. I am bored!

quote:

Drooga the Hutt: Stupid Wookie! Even after draining half his blood and taking all his weapons, he is still too powerful!

Quinine: You are one messed-up individual.

Drooga the Hutt: I demand drama for my guests! Where is the excitement in ten-second duels?

Bowdaar: The Hutt doesn't understand fighting.

Ga'ram: Do not despair, O Great Feastmaster. We will find you suitable entertainment.

I guess it makes sense Bowdaar's a slave. If he were a free fighter, they wouldn't be keeping him in a cage, right? Unless it was a cage match, I guess. Still, made me uncomfortable to hear that – is everyone on Nar Shaddaa a slaving murderer? It's starting to look that way.

quote:

Quinine: Why is that?

Ga'ram: The gambler won the Wookie playing sabaac. Forget that beast, hmm? Your revelation is more interesting.

Ga'ram: The senator's daughter has made a critical error trusting Lazhae. He is no friend to her.

Ga'ram: Before the Empire imprisoned Lazhae in Shadow Town we purchased some of his beast experiments for Drooga's pleasure. Ghastly abominations.

Soon as he said it the Captain started this kinda crazy laugh. Almost puked right there all over the fancy fella's suit. Once he got himself straightened out, the blue guy carried on.

quote:

Ga'ram: He was considered too depraved for the Empire. That should tell you something.

Ga'ram: If Lazhae has Drooga's beast, it may already be too late. Shadow Town is extraordinarily dangerous, but you must hurry.

Drooga the Hutt: Ga'ram! I tire of this sector! Move my pleasure barge!

Shadow Town's a long walk from here, so I was angling to get the Captain back to the ship for a few hours shuteye, at least before he tried starting trouble.

Unfortunately, as happens pretty often with the Captain, trouble found us.

Yeah, I don't know where he came from either. Not like a fella that big blends in.

quote:

Zank Helrott: You like my armor? I polished it for this occasion.

Quinine: Am I supposed to be impressed by you, scum-sucker?

Zank Helrott: Look, there's no reason we can't be civil.

Zank Helrott: Rogun says I can bring you back in pieces. Hope you don't mind, I've got some new weapons to test.

Real nice of Bowdaar to step up like that. The rest of Drooga's pals just watched us, like we were part of the entertainment or something. Here I thought Ga'ram was helping us out but all he did was start pointing us out to Drooga to keep his boss happy. You can't trust anybody on this planet.

quote:

Zank Helrott: You've got a half-dead Wookie for a sidekick. Guess beggars can't be choosers.

Quinine: This Wookie's all I need to finish you off.

I felt a little hurt getting left out, I admit it. How come all the bounty hunters are just after the Captain's head? I screwed up Rogun's blaster shipment too!

Oh, you better believe it was on after that. We gave Drooga a nice free show for his guests as the three of us blasted Zank Helrott into the ground. His fancy armor and toys gave us a few surprises, but they were no match for good old firepower.

Thing is, I don't think the Captain needed me or the Wookie. Normally he doesn't seem to enjoy all the killing we've gotta do in our line of work, but he worked out a lot of pent-up anger on poor old Zank. I almost felt sorry for the guy.

Not really, though. I mean, he made fun of Sparky and me.

quote:

Quinine: Thanks for the assist, Bowdaar.

Bowdaar: Bowdaar owed you for the Kaleesh.

Drooga the Hutt: Wookie! I have delicious leftover food for you! Go to your cage and feast!

I'm really starting to feel for that poor old critter. Drooga treats him like a dog, but if you give him a chance he's friendly and clever as they come. Maybe once we're done with Drooga I can talk to the Captain about springing him.

Now though, I was really looking to get the Captain away from Drooga's party. Somewhere quiet were he couldn't cause any more mischief. Wouldn't you know it, though, something even more dangerous than a heavy-duty bounty hunter got in our way.

Recommended. Just... come on, Captain! Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH3UE-y-O3A

quote:

Quinine: I've got some bruises that could use kissing.

Azalie: We'll have to see what we can do about that.

Azalie: Father finished introducing me to Drooga. I'm glad that formality is over.

Azalie: Drooga stared at me the whole time. Never said a word, only licked his lips. It made me so uncomfortable.

Okay, that's about the time I shoulda lead him away by the elbow, that's some primo drunk-talk right there even if she is easy on the eyes. But no, he keeps digging that hole.

quote:

Azalie: You think I'm beautiful?

Azalie: Is it getting warm in here? Oh my, I can hardly breathe.

Quinine: We could get away, just the two of us.

Azalie: Really? I'd... I'd love that.

Azalie: I have my own private suite. It's quiet and comfortable. We could go there.

Quinine: I'm right behind you, gorgeous.

One last chance to pull the Captain's fat out of the fryer. I know he's got a way with the ladies, but even I could tell he'd regret what he was getting into.

Yeah, sorry Captain. I just come over all uncomfortable when he starts working his magic, it's the one thing he won't listen to reason on.

So he's up there, and I'm down here. At least he'll catch some shuteye this way – I found a bunk on Drooga's party barge, turns out his guests are partying in shifts. His head should be clearer once he gets back, and then it's back on the trail of Drooga's pet cat.

##End Log##

##Start Log [Supplemental]##

Hah! Sorry all, but I just had to add one more bit. Captain just came back down with his new lady love, and you shoulda seen the look on his face! Hold on, let me find the logs.

quote:

Quinine: Thanks for the thrills, Azalie.

Azalie: Thrills? I hope that's not all it was. I feel a connection between us. Don't you?

Now here's the Captain I remember. Poor bastard's brain's bubbling like a pot of Alderaanian stew now he knows what he's just put his foot into. Doesn't he come from Corellia, same as this girl? That's gonna make for an awkward homecoming!

I've never seen the Captain run so fast in his life! Even in the volcano when-

Okay, thanks Corso, for all your hard work keeping my log up to date. I'll be taking the wheel again from here on out. Just had to clear my head.

Of course, now the hangover's kicking in. Let's get this over with and get off this hellhole, yeah?

##End Log##

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tatooine Update 2: Marching to a different drum.

Begin recording

At a Militia, base deep in the Tatooine Desert

: Looking good there Jedi glad you could check in. We're getting ready to ship out of Anchorhead--see if we can pick up any signals from the old Czerka base. In the meantime. We've got a new lead. Kamus hit the jackpot in those files you lifted from the Gammorreans. What have you discovered?

: One of the files was a personnel listing. It named everyone who worked at Czerka's Tatooine facility.

Most of the employees are long gone, but one stayed on-planet after the Czerka base was abandoned. If we can find him, he might be able to tell us where the facility was, what the device is...

: Maybe we could make Leksende back off!

: Probably not--but sure. His name is Grommik Kurthson. For a while he was something of a drifter--finally bought a little moisture farm.

: He won't put up much of a fight.

:Ah--right. Good reason not to fight him, then. My big worry is that Leksende and his enforcement squad will get to Grommik first--try to keep him quiet.

: You're assuming Grommik knows something.

: Sure am. Don't know if that's optimism or desperation. By the time you're through investigating Grommik, we'll be set up at our new forward base.

: We, uh... we will?

: From there, we can scout for the Czerka facility itself. Soon as you find anything, come out and meet us.

Some time later...

:This place looks like a dump, moisture collectors that couldn't fill a thimble, Guns that couldn't kill an asthmatic womp rat. This place is falling apart. I hope the old guy we need to see is still here.

Video Version

: Twenty more minutes until I'm leaving. Then the doors are closing Wallner. I love you like a brother, but the doors have to close...huh. You. You weren't here before. You came all the way out to my farm to fix my machines?

: You've clearly lost your mind.

: Nasty little rat. I lived in Anchorhead for a while. I know you don't get away with disrespect there. I started to think you wouldn't come. Most shops think it's too dangerous out here. But the sand people--they keep bashing my vaporators. Lizards chew up my guns and alarms... this place used to be a fortress, but I just can't fix things any more.

: Grommik, focus. Tell me about the Czerka base.

: Czerka was good, but I bought my equipment from AgriCorp and Balmorran Arms. Better for a farm. You'll fix it up won't you? I sent the credits...I need those repairs to protect me!

: I've had enough of this crap. Tell me about Czerka or this turns ugly.

: You're threatening me? I used to be a security man.

JEDI UPPERCUT!

: Ah! All right, blast you. I don't care. It was a long time ago. I was--I was a security officer at Czerka Secret Weapons Division 7. I was so proud.

: Any idea what Czerka was working on?

: The scientists' project--it was all secret. Czerka never told us what was in that cave. When it all went wrong... I had to lock up the base. Leave the others behind. I left the desert and the horrors and went to Anchorhead.

: That explains how you survived when no one else did.

: I think that's enough from the old man, don't you?

: You're Czerka! I recognize your uniform!

: Pity the suns dulled his brain, but then, I suspect he was never too bright. Yes, Grommik, I'm with Czerka.

: Still unwilling to come in person?

: Sometimes a little distance can be important to a relationship. Czerka found out about Grommik a while ago. We disabled his perimeter sensors and waited to see if anyone would come.

: You broke my moisture vaporators!

: Those too, yes. May I continue? Our honey pot seems to have caught a few flies, and now I'm free to murder you and the old man together.

: Surely, you realize you cannot stand against me.

: I'm speaking to you from an airship two kilometres above ground. I can target you with turbolasers and drop droids on your little heads. You might say I have the high ground. The advantage is mine.

: We have to get to shelter. Follow me!

: He can't get us here. We'll be safe...

: Well, that was exciting. I'm disappointed I didn't get to fry you, I had a nice Chianti picked out ready to celebrate your demise. But I can settle for your asphyxiation. Enjoy being buried alive, my friends. Enjoy.

: He's wrong! First, though... first... Here. This is a cache. The Czerka files I hid years ago... I buried them all over the desert, and this is the first batch. You can have them.

: It's about time I got something useful out of this mess.

: Huh. I may not like you, but I like that Czerka man even less. Maybe this...maybe these will hurt him. Now I had an escape planned when I built this place. There is a back entrance to take you outside.

: Grommik you're a lifesaver.

: Go on I need to rest awhile. I need to wait till they stop watching my farm. If you want the other files on Czerka... you'll find them in the desert. Just don't let them get away with this.

: Right, now I'm pissed. Aerial bombardment is cheating. I'm going to nail that exec to the wall. Now let's get to those caches before he realizes we're still alive and comes back for round two.

: Let's get these back to Fauler and the accountant.

: Err, boss aren't you forgetting something?

:I locked up the ship before we left. T7's been oiled...nope.

: The Shock Drum? Master Kiwiiks?

: Oh yeah that. To the weapons lab!

:What's with all the sand people?

: No idea.

: At least they don't have a sudden immunity to lightsabers.

Video version

: Someone's alive behind here. I wonder who it is?please be a Sith please be a Sith.

:Aww, just a Jawa.Please be a Sith Jawa.

: Why are you so obsessed with Sith?

:You know how long it's been since I had a good fight? Too long.

: A Jedi! See, Brrik? I told you help would come.

: Brrik happy being wrong!

: We'd almost given up hope. Thank you for saving our little family.

: You're not actually related...? Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing.

: Not all families are bound by genetics. Ours was formed by circumstance.

: Hare'en saving Brrik's clan after we losing home to Sand People. Brrik swearing to repay kindness working on Shock Drum.

: Have you come to protect the Shock Drum like Master Kiwiiks?

: What happened to her?

: She defended us against Imperial soldiers led by a Sith. She fought bravely, but the Sith was stronger.

: When I find him, he'll learn I don't dies as easily.

: She isn't dead. At least, not the last time I saw her. I assumed he was going to kill us all. Instead, he captured Master Kiwiiks alive and ignored us.

: Not ignoring! Scary man destroying Brrik's droids. Taking Brrik many hours rebuilding!

: The Sith destroyed your droids, but he didn't harm us. He said we were no threat--that we didn't deserve to die.

: If he didn't kill you, it's because he has something worse planned.

: I didn't get the feeling he intended to come back. The Sith and his soldiers took Master Kiwiiks and the Shock Drum prototype into the desert. Brrik and I were attempting to restore power to this facility and track them down when the Sand People attacked.

: Sand People always wanting facility. Waiting for sign of weakness. Seeing chance after scary man leaving.

: Why would Sand People want a research base?

: Sand People hating everyone not like them. Attacking farms, mining operations, Jawa crawlers--everything.

: This facility can pick up the Shock Drum's locator beacon, but not until we restore power. The Sith knocked out all our generators during his attack. If you reactivate them, we can find him, Master Kiwiiks and the Shock Drum.

: Power generators in desert. Desert being full of more Sand People. You having good luck out there!

: Facility power is back online. I'm afraid that's the only good news I have. I just detected the Shock Drum's locator beacon. The weapon has been activated. If we don't shut it down, the device will soon reach critical mass. When it does, Tatooine's core will explode.

: "Boom-boom" exploding Brrik's homeworld. This not happening!

: Why isn't the Sith deploying the Shock Drum someplace populated like Coruscant?

: Tatooine may not be a Core World, but there are still many innocent lives in danger. Pinpointing the Shock Drum's exact location from here is impossible. The seismic vibrations disrupt our sensors. The general region is thousands of square kilometres... we have to narrow it down, somehow.

: Maybe ultrasonic scanners finding "boom-boom."

: Brrik, that's brilliant. The ultrasonic scanners. Of course.

: Isn't there a signal you can transmit to deactivate the Shock Drum from here?

: You can only stop the weapon by entering the security code--manually. Ultrasonic scanners placed in a wide pattern will triangulate the Shock Drum's seismic disturbances. They'll reveal its location. Installing the scanners is extremely dangerous. The desert region is deadly. Ideally, we'd send an army.

: Brrik repairing droids! Jedi and Hare'en having army!

: Your droids won't be ready soon enough, Brrik. This Jedi is our only hope.

: I feel Master Kiwiiks reaching out to me. Something terrible is happening to her.

: We'll save her. That's a promise.

: Take the ultrasonic scanners. Place them at these map coordinates. We'll contact you by holo once we've triangulated the Shock Drum's location. Good luck!

: I placed the scanners. Do you have a fix on the Shock Drum?

: Collating the scanner readings now... ah! No wonder the sensors couldn't find it.... It's beneath an abandoned mining complex. I'm sending the coordinates and the Shock Drum's deactivation code. Everything depends on you, now but we'll be here if you need us.

: We're all going to make it just hang in there.

: I hope we see you again. Hare'en out....

: Greetings Jedi. I am Lord Praven. My master seeks retribution for his son's death. I must give it to him.

: Lord Sadic tried to kill me on Nar Shaddaa. He's dead now.

: An admirable victory, assuming you achieved it honourably. When my master learned you were here, he demanded I activate the Shock Drum. He'll destroy this entire world. I know you located the weapon, but that won't be enough. I changed the deactivation code.

: Lightsabers can deactivate just about anything.

: The Shock Drum is ray-shielded. Entering the proper code is the only way. Come. Face me. If I win, I've done my duty. If you win, you'll have the new code. Whatever the outcome, we'll battle with honour, I await you at these coordinates....

SWTOR Codex posted:

Lord Praven (Knight)

A Sith pureblood, Lord Praven has trained in the ways of the Force since the earliest years of his youth. Fiercely loyal to the Emperor and an ardent believer in the philosophical teachings of the dark side, Praven is surprisingly calm and collected in his speech and actions.

He follows a strict code of personal honor, and unlike many other Sith, he eschews random acts of cruelty and sadism. Despite this, he is sworn to destroy the Jedi and considers them his mortal enemies.

During the Sacking of Coruscant, Lord Praven killed Master Usma--one of the Jedi's most famous duelists--in an epic battle. But he spared Usma's young Padawan, telling her to seek him out once she had finished her training so they could face each other as equals. When she tracked him down years later, he honored his promise, sending her to the same fate as her Master.

End Recording

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 2, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Looks like we updated about the same time! Bound to happen, sooner or later.

And drat if R'andayn doesn't have a lot on her plate. Superweapons, conspiracies, Sith... if she lets Tatooine explode before Todessa and Quinine even get there, they're going to be a tad disappointed - to say nothing of Jolune.

Edit: Oh, small quality of life change, I've edited the contents page so that each link opens just the post rather than the rest of the page. Helps with how crowded some of our pages are.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 2, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Dolash posted:

Looks like we updated about the same time! Bound to happen, sooner or later.

And drat if R'andayn doesn't have a lot on her plate. Superweapons, conspiracies, Sith... if she lets Tatooine explode before Todessa and Quinine even get there, they're going to be a tad disappointed - to say nothing of Jolune.

Relax the drum will be stopped with exactly 00:03 on the clock it's tradition. Meanwhile Quin continues his attempt to seduce every female in the galaxy and if we ever get to Makeb maybe everything male as well.

It is kind of funny that we managed to update at almost the same time

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So it looks like everyone is going to be on drat similar pages soon.

And I loved all the updates, I still can't get into the Rand'ayn stuff as much as I would like but I love quin and Jolunes story lines.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Seems to me - keep in mind I haven't played this - that Randayn just doesn't have enough opportunity to be a jerkass to everyone. Generic Jedi Hero Quests aren't any fun if there's no opportunity for ... well, anything other than following quest markers.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Psion posted:

Seems to me - keep in mind I haven't played this - that Randayn just doesn't have enough opportunity to be a jerkass to everyone. Generic Jedi Hero Quests aren't any fun if there's no opportunity for ... well, anything other than following quest markers.

She did uppercut a senile old man. The charm of the dark side Jedi Knight is they're supposed to be the knight in shining armor and everyone treats them as such, but then you kill people left and right and hand out the beatings like candy.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Loving your playthrough but you missed one of the smuggler's best lines. When you're talking to the bounty hunter about his armor Quinine can say something to the effect of "yeah I hate to be a dick but right there on your elbow? You missed a spot."

The delivery is fantastic.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dolash posted:

She did uppercut a senile old man. The charm of the dark side Jedi Knight is they're supposed to be the knight in shining armor and everyone treats them as such, but then you kill people left and right and hand out the beatings like candy.

Yeah but that's one person! In that update alone I would have expected like two, plus drop-kicking a Jawa. Bioware is failing us.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's a Jedi. For them, Dark Side is going on a clandestine date and totally rebelling against their elders, man.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And then suddenly your blowing up planets and cackling about how "You'll show them all". I mean I think some of the DS jedi options are really super dickish at some points if I remember correctly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

[Sorry this update runs a little long, but I wanted to get through the whole quest. Better get comfortable.]

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #038
Stardate: at a blue light special on sanity (I already used blue, but I like this one)

Look, I don't mind admitting I wasn't feeling one hundred percent after the last log. Drooga's party didn't exactly help, but it did remind me I've got to keep my head in the game out here. There'll be plenty of time for flings with airhead heiresses later.

Got a pretty good reminder of how important it is to keep your head screwed on straight when me and Corso hit Shadow Town, so let's get down to it.

We grabbed a special cab run by undercover Republic agents to the Empire's prison-tower. Seems the SIS finally did something right and set up a covert drop for agents and other personnel trying to crack the Empire's meanest nut on Nar Shaddaa.

The place is enough to give any respectable spacer the creeps. It's a huge, open-air prison. Most of the inmates just walk around, like they're regular people with apartments and jobs – and shock collars, and numbered uniforms.

I followed the directions to the SIS Safehouse. I don't want to know how much work goes into keeping that place from getting taken out, but colour me impressed for once.

quote:

Zan Loren: Zan Loren, Republic intelligence. Thanks for checking in. I heard you've made yourself a hero to some of the alien refugees around here.

Not that I wasn't going to help out, but drat if a prison break wasn't on the short list for things I'm not in the mood to do right this second.

quote:

Quinine: Care to give a few details before I commit?

Zan Loren: No one makes a blind promise on the street, huh?

Zan Loren: This is about the Empire, and the atrocities they hide behind Nar Shaddaa's neutrality.

Zan Loren: This is Shadow Town, a prison city filled with the Empire's worst assassins and madmen, kept on ice 'til Papa Sith needs them.

I'm stealing that Papa Sith line.

quote:

Zan Loren: Tell me about it. I've been stationed here six years. That's why I want to help these guys out.

Zan Loren: The Empire holds prisoners of war, our men, in the worst of this whole mess – Camp 27.

Zan Loren: We know they're holding Ako Domi here, one of the Jedi heroes of the Battle of Sullust, and we want him back.

Quinine: I've seen my share of prisons, but this one sounds like a doozy.

Zan Loren: I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to end up there.

Oh, I don't know, I might turn a blind eye if I found Skavak in there.

Now that sounds like a pain in the rear end. What if you've got to use the men's room?

quote:

Zan Loren: Every few minutes, they swap out the entire code.

Quinine: Have you worked out an angle yet?

quote:

Zan Loren: The whole thing, mind. No one man's got more than one part.

Quinine: These Imperial torturers will taste real pain.

Zan Loren: Just don't drag it out. You need to bring those codes back to me, so I can get an imprint... in case you don't make it out again.

I'm not really an expert on jailbreaks. That one Justicar prison I knocked over on Coruscant was a closet with a padlock compared to Shadow Town. Still, we'd taken on some of the worst jobs on the planet so far – why back down now?

So, now we were heading into one of the parts of Shadow Town where the Imperials actually exerted control. Troops, camps, security checkpoints, all the fixings.

Thing is, they'd gone a little soft pushing prisoners around all day. Those wardens weren't hard to find strutting around their little kingdom, and not too hard to put down.

We needed the security codes off of three of them to get into Camp 27, and we couldn't be sure if any one warden had the parts of the code we were looking for.

That was okay with me and Corso – we just shot up more wardens.

quote:

Zan Loren: All right. Let me just scan them.

quote:

Quinine: By the end of today, Camp 27 will be a memory.

Zan Loren: Then it's one I'll do my best to forget.

Zan Loren: The codes will only be good for a little bit longer. Hurry and use them to get inside, then access the security console and let me know you're in.

The Republic has few enough of those left, the idea of busting one out lit a fire under our asses. We made straight for Camp 27.

As much fun as picking fights with prison wardens had been the first time, security got thicker the closer we got to the camp – not to mention all the patrols sent out to find missing wardens. Me and Corso started sneaking.

Well, mostly sneaking. This is what the Captain used to call “targets of opportunity”.

We managed to stay on track enough to find Camp 27 before the codes changed. Then, it was up to Zan Loren to get us in.

quote:

Zan Loren: Got it! That's fantastic! I can't believe you made it into Camp 27. On your own, I mean. We've got plenty of guys in the other way.

Zan Loren: Don't let it go to your head, though. There's no telling what the Empire's hiding in there.

Quinine: When I'm done, there won't be anything but bones.

Zan Loren: Ha. From your lips to the Emperor's ears, my friend.

I still had some anger to work out, ruining the Empire's day is my kind of therapy.

quote:

Zan Loren: Your main target is Ako Domi. He's a Jedi, led the rescue effort on Sullust that kept the Empire from enslaving half the planet, but got caught himself.

Quinine: I'll save him. You don't need to convince me.

Zan Loren: The Republic should count itself lucky to have someone like you.

Zan Loren: I'll send a team to wait outside the shields. They can back you up if you need it on the way out.

We needed it.

So far as I can tell, Shadow Town isn't mainly for Republic prisoners. Most of them the Empire keeps well behind the front lines where we can't get to. Camp 27's for special cases, which means special security.

Turns out our little rampage earlier actually paid off, though. Security had thinned out as patrols sweeped the tower looking for their missing men. They didn't know what hit 'em.

We took the security passes off the guards and set to opening up the cell blocks. Like I said, there weren't a huge number of cells, but they were built secure and miserable.

Republic prisoners came rushing out. Poor sallow-faced, hollow-eyed bastards. Most of 'em didn't say a thing, I just told them to meet up with Zan's SIS teams on the far side of the shields.

There was this one guy, though, didn't leave with the others. Just stood there, staring at the wall.

I tried to tell him we were here to break him out, that we were from the Republic. He didn't say anything back. Just kept staring. Completely out of it.

Something about him creeped me out.

Corso was no help, either. Just kept asking what I was doing. I knew we didn't have long until the Empire's security would come back, so I... left him for the SIS to take care of.

We still hadn't found Ako Domi, even after checking all the cells. Last place we could think to look was the interrogation chambers near the back. I was leery, sure we were going to get another dose of the Empire's horror show, but Corso figured he had to be somewhere. Turns out we were right on both counts.

Recommended for finding a lost legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq7lEH-x-pA

quote:

Imperial Interrogator: I – I can help you. Whatever you're looking for, I can find it.

Quinine: I've come to free the Jedi.

Imperial Interrogator: Ako Domi? Are you really asking to-

Surprise surprise, an Imperial interrogator is a snivelling coward.

quote:

Imperial Interrogator: Now I'm, um, just going to wait over...

It was Ako Domi all right, but turns out we were a little too late.

quote:

Ako Domi: I am Ako Domi, the lord of Camp 27. No one seeks me out.

Ako Domi: Soldiers beg with their final breath to perish rather than look upon my face.

Quinine: Come back to the Republic. Turn your back on what the Empire made you.

Ako Domi: How tiresome. Will you offer me mercy now? Healing? A chance to turn back to the light?

Ako Domi: I've been here six years. I've seen your Republic heroes turn on each other like dogs for a scrap of meat.

Look, normally I can sympathize with someone who's spent years in an Empire-made hell, but Ako was full of it. If you've seen firsthand what the Empire does to people, you know better than anyone why you shouldn't just throw your hands in the air and give up. I've seen men who got it as bad as Ako and managed to come out with nothing more than a few scars and fresh motivation. All this “woe is I, nothing but darkness!” crap? Not for me.

Also, I know we're all men here, but the aliens don't like it when you get all big about “human nature”.

quote:

Ako Domi: There has never been a captive here so noble he did not eventually succumb.

Ako Domi: How long do you think you'll last?

It's been about six years myself, if you're curious.

I don't even know who those guys are. Were. Other messed up Jedi? Did the Sith send him some apprentices? How does that whole apprentice thing work with them, anyway?

I think we're getting a bit sidetracked.

I'm pretty sure me and Corso have never gone up against Sith, even trainee Sith, without Jedi support. Those lightsabers are a whole lot less fun when someone's trying to stick one in your gut. Still, maybe these guys really were just apprentices, they couldn't deflect blaster bolts to save their lives. Literally.

That whole time, Ako Domi just watched us fight and pulled this angry face. Must've been channeling his hate or whatever it is Sith do. Seeing us kill his two buddies must've really amped things up for him because as soon as they dropped he came at us hard.

Still, even Ako Domi wasn't unstoppable. A flash grenade, a tranq dart, even a kick to the groin all worked to keep him off-balance and his fancy lightsaber tricks didn't work so well against a scattergun full of buckshot.

When he dropped to one knee I signalled Corso to back off. I figured he might try giving us some trouble with his Force powers, but he seemed to accept he was beat. We closed in.

Recommended for reclaiming a wayward soul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syepyH3aob4

quote:

Ako Domi: Will you kill me as well? Or does your hatred demand more?

Ako Domi: Would you rather see me sceam? Draw it out for days while I beg you to end it?

Ako's no real Sith. For starters, I was able to beat him. He's just a Jedi acting like how he thinks a Sith would – it's just his way of coping with what he saw, and what happened to him. All this “torture me!” stuff is just a big, kinda awkward cry for help. That I can sympathize with.

So no, we didn't put Ako on the rack or pull out his fingernails. We finished our mission to save the Jedi.

quote:

Ako Domi: Fine. Make your empty gestures.

Ako Domi: Inviting me into the Republic is like bringing poison into your flesh.

Ako Domi: Sooner or later, it will kill you.

quote:

Quinine: It will be a difficult job. I wish her luck.

Ako Domi: To heal someone, you must open your hear to them. She will let me in, and I will consume her.

Y'know, it only just stuck out to me while going over these logs that nobody ever said the healer was a woman. I guess when I hear 'Jedi Healer', I think of Jolune. I wonder where she is now? Would she be able to do something for a guy like Ako Domi? Or could he really... uh, 'consume her', whatever that means?

Ugh, Jedi always have to make things complicated. I'll take my run of the mill PTSD over their crazy soul corruption any day of the week, thanks.

##End Log##

Dolash fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 5, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dolash posted:

Ugh, Jedi always have to make things complicated. I'll take my run of the mill PTSD over their crazy soul corruption any day of the week, thanks.

I don't think anyone's said truer words about Star Wars than this. :v:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I know that being tortured into changing sides isn't a trope unique to Star Wars, but it sure gets used a lot in the EU. It seems like every Jedi's first response to torture is to defect and become a torturer themselves. Ako's whole "I am so evil, I will taint the Republic" thing is endearingly naive though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
For anyone keeping score at home, Zan Loren is yet another voice done by James Urbaniak (Dr. Venture).

Which I just realized you can't tell because there are no videos.

Just take me word for it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

CzarChasm posted:

For anyone keeping score at home, Zan Loren is yet another voice done by James Urbaniak (Dr. Venture).

Which I just realized you can't tell because there are no videos.

Just take me word for it.

Hey, I'd love to let the guy speak, he just needs to voice someone more exciting! Or at least give the smuggler some irresistible lines while talking to them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wouldn't have expected Quin to get such powerful targets with the spare/don't spare choice.

Or, I guess, I was thinking they'd be more personally relatable to his business.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Inferior posted:

I know that being tortured into changing sides isn't a trope unique to Star Wars, but it sure gets used a lot in the EU. It seems like every Jedi's first response to torture is to defect and become a torturer themselves. Ako's whole "I am so evil, I will taint the Republic" thing is endearingly naive though.

You get abused, you tend to become an abuser. True even in real life.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Bloodly posted:

When it happens in childhood, maybe. But for an adult? And not just becoming violent or unstable, but defecting to join the people who tortured you? It's a Shocking Twist when done once, but it's been run into the ground in the Star Wars EU.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Inferior posted:

When it happens in childhood, maybe. But for an adult? And not just becoming violent or unstable, but defecting to join the people who tortured you? It's a Shocking Twist when done once, but it's been run into the ground in the Star Wars EU.
Stockholm Syndrome, dude.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Bloodly posted:

Even more true when "getting angry and hating" are what turn you into an abuser. Of course Jedi tend to flip dark side under torture, how many people can resist getting pissed off at being tortured? Why the hell they tend to join up afterwards instead of murdering their would-be master is beyond me though, unless the Sith are real good at convincing new darksider Jedi they'll "have a better chance later" up until the Jedi's done so much wrong waiting they forget how to come back after they do get around to it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MadDogMike posted:

Even more true when "getting angry and hating" are what turn you into an abuser. Of course Jedi tend to flip dark side under torture, how many people can resist getting pissed off at being tortured? Why the hell they tend to join up afterwards instead of murdering their would-be master is beyond me though, unless the Sith are real good at convincing new darksider Jedi they'll "have a better chance later" up until the Jedi's done so much wrong waiting they forget how to come back after they do get around to it.

There's also the fact that the Jedi have a low tolerance for breaking the rules of the Order, and the person who makes the first step towards the Dark Side is going to have a choice between being an enemy of both sides and joining the Sith to have at least the slimmest hope of survival. It might be a false dichotomy, but if there's something the Sith are good at, it's persuading their victims that they have a binary choice between (someone's) death/torture/<insert horrible fate here> and joining the darkside - and someone who's being tortured by masters of inflicting pain isn't gonna have the clearest of minds when the time to choose comes.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

In Ako's particular case, it seems to be more an example that he thinks he's fallen so low and is so dark and evil now because he was a squeaky clean hero before and couldn't reconcile that with the horrors of a torture-filled prisoner of war camp. Quinine's assessment and my own are more or less the same here - he's just doing what he thinks a Dark Lord of the Sith would do, because he thinks if he can't be one thing he has to be the other. Silly things like "Oh, you're going to torture me now?" and "Letting me live is like a poison!" are basically on the level of an edgy teenager, because that's his level of understanding of the world.

The writers in SWTOR have deliberately given a lot of Jedi and Sith rather naive, childish viewpoints, in contrast to some of the more canny military, political and criminal characters. It's not up to the level of KOTOR 2's complete deconstruction, but they do definitely play with what you'd become if you were raised in an insular religious tradition to be a crusader with a black and white mentality.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Cycloneman posted:

Stockholm Syndrome, dude.
I was going to be all sceptical at the idea of a Jedi being susceptible to traumatic bonding with a Sith, then I remembered Jaesa and Ashara from the Empire thread. Never mind then.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Edit: misread.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 6, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Cythereal posted:

And also Morty and Jaesa from the Empire thread.

He mentioned Jaesa?

I don't actually know so please don't tell me, but I'm curious if we'll see much going in the other direction. There was one dead Sith Lord entombed on Korriban who'd gone Lightside but otherwise I can't remember any cases of Sith getting redeemed or otherwise flipping good in SWTOR. Most of the Sith who've shown any such weakness just get killed by other Sith.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

He mentioned Jaesa?

Whoops, misread that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dolash posted:

He mentioned Jaesa?

I don't actually know so please don't tell me, but I'm curious if we'll see much going in the other direction. There was one dead Sith Lord entombed on Korriban who'd gone Lightside but otherwise I can't remember any cases of Sith getting redeemed or otherwise flipping good in SWTOR. Most of the Sith who've shown any such weakness just get killed by other Sith.

Yeah, in the original KOTOR, Revan converted Ajunta Pall I think it was.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Dolash posted:

He mentioned Jaesa?

Minor JK spoiler One of the Sith coming up tries to go lightside and give up the darkside. Unfortunately the Jedi he tries it with is R'andayn

Edit also there was the dude in the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas in the other thread who basically goes lightside after he ends up a force ghost.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 6, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Again, sorry for the delay on my end.

Nar Shaddaa Episode 1: From Space with Love

: If I may say so again sir, it is truly an honer to be selected for Havoc squad.
: We never know what we're going to run into from one op to another.
: Yes. The operation on Taris was a clear example. I intend to begin reviewing and memorizing all relevant dossiers on our assignment immediately.
: What? When the hell did we get dossiers?
: The droid, C2, had them. It said that it had tried to hand them to you before you left, but you left too fast.
: I'm gonna turn that droid into scrap before I find Tavus at this rate.
: Right, well if I discover any points of confusion or areas where I believe I can contribute, I will submit a full 587-B report.
: Not sure if you noticed but we don't really have time for paperwork out in the field. Just tell me whatever you need when you need it.
: That seems rather unconventional.
: That's Havoc Squad for you. You'll get used to it.

: She's honored. Very, very honored. I think.
:: Excellent. We'll have the squad fully restaffed in no time. One other detail, were you able to retrieve a sample of the weaponized Rakghoul disease that Needles was developing?
: Of course.
:: Good, just leave it in the secure case beneath the holocommunicator. I'll see that it reaches research division. Contact me again when you've reached Nar Shaddaa.

: Sir, you should know...General Vander contacted me. Said he'd talked it over with the brass and finagled a way to get me back on Ord Mantell. Offered me my old post, a promotion, and command of their operations there. Pretty sweet deal, overall.
: I thought we'd already crushed that rebellion.
: They did sound pretty desperate. I guess the former Havoc Squad left them a few toys to play with.
: Hmph, well I hope you turned him down. You've got a more important mission now.
: You think I'd head back to some backwater planet like Ord Mantell?
: The thought had crossed my mind, yeah.
: Fact is, I've been hitting the Empire harder than ever since I joined Havoc Squad. I didn't enlist to win medals or promotions. I enlisted to protect the Republic, to prove my people have a place here.
: I wish I could say the same. Still, I'm glad you choose to stay.
: You'd better be. You owe me a raise at some point now.
: Next time we get paid I'll see you up on that.

: I see you've arrived. Before we begin the briefing, I want to make something very clear. The situation on Nar Shaddaa is very delicate. This moon belongs to the Hutt Cartel, who take their neutrality very seriously. The Republic cannot afford any incidents.
: Meaning?
: Meaning you are not to engage any Imperials while on the moon.
: General, are you kidding me?
: Certainly not, Lieutenant. As much as I wish them gone, Imperial personnel operate just as freely on Nar Shaddaa as we do. You cannot be caught taking action against them.
: Dammit.
: Now, your mission. An experimental Republic war droid has gone rogue, committing a series of seemingly random attacks across Nar Shaddaa. The droid's designation is M1-4X, and it is my belief that this droid is acting under the orders of Harron Tavus.
: Experimental? Do we know anything about it's capabilities or how Tavus got a hold of it?
: It is a highly advanced prototype, one that was being developed to serve in Havoc Squad. The development project was supposed to have been cancelled, but it would seem Tavus simply shifted the development elsewhere - most likely his allies in the Sith Empire.
: Why didn't they finish it in the first place?
: The droid's design relied on an exotic alien power source, one the technicians couldn't make work efficiently.
: It's a walking bomb.
: Of course it is.
: I never said that, but no matter, its rampage must be stopped before it is linked with the Republic. An agent of the Strategic Information Service will be assisting you. Officially, you're providing military support to an SIS operation. Do not divulge Tavus' defection, or the droid's connection to it.
: Shouldn't they know everything we do?
: We deal with our own problems, Lieutenant. The last thing we need is for the SIS to get involved. And I don't think I need to remind you to be careful. If this droid is even half as dangerous as its original designers had estimated, you'll have your work cut out for you. Garza out.
: Ugh.
: Something wrong, Lieutenant?
: Just wishing this droid was anywhere else. I hate Hutt Worlds. Dorne, you're with me on this one. Jorgen, keep an eye on the ship. Do not let any "custom's officials" near it.

: If you don't mind my asking, Lieutenant, should we be expecting trouble from the hutts?
: No, at least not if I can help it. Just make sure to keep an eye on your credits.

: It even smells like a hutt.
: According to his contact sheet, our SIS contact should be waiting for us at the, erm, Juma Jungle. It's a cantina on the lower levels.
: I'll grab us a cab then.

: Go ahead, take a seat. And keep your voice down.
: We're not here to play your little spy games.
: Suit yourself. You look good from this angle, anyway. Hope you like the cantina. It's not one of my favorites, but it is conveniently located. There's a vault, not far from here. It's a merc operation, holds valuables for anybody with the credits to pay. Our mutual friend is about to pay them a visit.
: Mutual friend? You mean the droid?
: Ahem. Yes. A group of paramilitary types always shows up on the scene before the droid's attacks. We've already spotted them casing the vault. You could head in now, but I don't want to scare them off. We wouldn't the guest of honor to skip the party, would we?
: So what? We just going wait here until they arrive?
: Ayup. Grab a drink and pull up a chair. So, Havoc Squad, huh? Pretty nice of Garza to lend us her very best. I'm - ah, excuse me.

: That's great! I'll talk to you later, then. That's our cue, you ready to move out?
: Let's get to it.
: Good luck, we'll have our eyes on you.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 6, 2013

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
You've got a line near the end that looks like it's been cut off:

Brainamp posted:

: Suit yourself. You look good from this angle, anyway. Hope you like the cantina. It's not one of my favorites, but it is conveniently located. There's a vault, not far from here. It's a merc operation, holds valuables for anybody with the credits to pay. Our mutual friend is about to pay them

I'm pretty certain it's supposed to just be "pay them a visit", but it's been a while since I was there with my troopoer.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I'm pretty certain it's supposed to just be "pay them a visit", but it's been a while since I was there with my troopoer.

You are right. Fixed now.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Brainamp posted:

: I see you've arrived. Before we begin the briefing, I want to make something very clear. The situation on Nar Shaddaa is very delicate. This moon belongs to the Hutt Cartel, who take their neutrality very seriously. The Republic cannot afford any incidents.

Hm. Garza must be out of the loop on what everyone else got up to on Nar Shaddaa. I'm pretty sure everything short of a pitched battle on the Promenade is below the Hutts' notice.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Dolash posted:

Hm. Garza must be out of the loop on what everyone else got up to on Nar Shaddaa. I'm pretty sure everything short of a pitched battle on the Promenade is below the Hutts' notice.

Hell, even then. Bring in a few spectators, charge them a cover and give the Hutts 80% of the profits and they won't bat an eyelash.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Dooky Dingo posted:

Hell, even then. Bring in a few spectators, charge them a cover and give the Hutts 80% of the profits and they won't bat an eyelash.

Hutts try not to bat eyelashes anyway. Wastes calories.

You don't get that fat by exercising willy-nilly...

[Edit to Add:] ironically an ad for SwolePT was the banner ad when I made this post..

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Dolash posted:

He mentioned Jaesa?

Lord Praven is getting there. His codex mentions that he believes in the philosofy of the darkside, but you wouldn't know it by his actions. I actually thought he was meant to be an example of a LS Sith until I read that part.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #039
Stardate: Bought an orange from a Promenade street vendor just as an excuse to mention it here

Once we got out of Camp 27, I figured we should head back to Zan and debrief. Seemed like a good way to put the mission to rest.

Recommended for Zan Loren's assessment of Ako Domi Doctor Venture expressing concern for other living beings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDqVy8W9lY

Hold on, if Zan had a slice on Camp 27's intercom, how come he didn't know Ako Domi was running the place until I busted in? drat, I shoulda asked that while I was there. That's gonna bug me now.

quote:

Zan Loren: Ako Domi is still called “savior” by so many people, but he had so much evil inside him...

Zan Loren: Perhaps the Jedi Council can still find something left of who he used to be.

quote:

Zan Loren: Where they offer their prisoners torture, we should offer ours balm. Eventually, their people may see which is better.

Zan Loren: Thank you for shutting down that factory of horrors. There are free men of the Republic who will bless your names each night.

The Hutts have stayed independent for thousands of years. Even our life-or-death struggle with the Empire has to seem short-term compared to that. Still, if this is the crisis that finally gets the Republic to finish what it started and topple the Hutts, I'd be first in line to make it happen.

Thank the Force that Zan had no one else to send me to. Now all me and Corso had to do was finish our business with Drooga and we could leave this pit of a planet behind. That meant finding Lazhae's place, and hopefully Drooga's missing shanjaru.

We tracked down Lazhae's Shadow Town digs. Seemed like he was doing a lot better than most prisoners – the Imperials let him build a whole lab. Guess they still wanted to see if his work would pay off.

We didn't find any security or lab assistants inside, though. Just these freaky monsters he was breeding. They attacked on sight, and let me tell you they could chomp and claw with the best of 'em.

We fought our way through Lazhae's abominations. I did my best not to think about what they were or where he got 'em.

Once we were through, we found Lazhae deep in his lab. He had the shanjaru and Momi Andrell, but not completely unscathed...

Recommended for questionable professional ethics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4k56MnJ6I&feature=youtu.be

quote:

Quinine: You have something that belongs to Drooga the Hutt.

Momi Andrell: Please, kill me.

quote:

Momi Andrell: Lazhae used me for experiments. Did terrible things. I'm dying.

Quinine: He'll pay for what he's done to you.

Momi Andrell: I don't care about revenge.

Momi Andrell: Don't let him keep that beautiful beast! He's sick!

Momi didn't seem too sound of mind and body at that point either.

And there's the shanjaru. All this trouble for a Hutt's pet. Have I mentioned I hate this planet?

quote:

Lazhae: The species displays evidence of evolving sapience. I must unlock its secrets to engineer my perfect life form!

Momi Andrell: Slaves. He wants to make slaves.

Lazhae: “Smart beasts” that comprehend complex commands and perform multi-stage tasks. What the buyers do with them is their business.

Funny how even with an obviously insane scientist raving about his children, it always comes back to credits.

quote:

Lazhae: I certainly wasn't about to experiment on my children.

Lazhae: I have no desire for hostilities with Drooga or his agents. I extracted genetic samples from the shanjaru. They'll have to suffice.

Lazhae: This beast cage is a programmable repulsorlift vehicle. I'll send it to Drooga immediately...

Momi Andrell: Drooga only wants the shanjaru so he can eat the last of a species!

Oh, I begged to differ.

quote:

Quinine: What you did to Momi is reason enough, you filth.

Lazhae: How can you take her side? Her kind would leave us rotting in ignorance.

Momi Andrell: The shanjaru's genetic samples are the only way to save the species. Get them from Lazhae.

Lazhae: Wait! I'll pay whatever it takes to keep these samples. Leave me in peace, so I can finish my research.

He experimented on innocent people to breed slave-monsters for money. There aren't enough credits in the galaxy to get me to walk away from a man like Lazhae without putting a blaster bolt in his head.

After a planet full of gangsters, psychos, mass murderers and that one nutty bounty hunter, finally getting to blast somebody who richly deserved it felt good. If only it was always this easy.

quote:

Momi Andrell: Thank you. Take the genetic samples to the Senate Tower on Coruscant. A researcher named Daru'da can clone the shanjaru – repopulate the species.

Momi Andrell: It will be my dying legacy. Lazhae injected me with awful diseases. Incurable ones.

Momi Andrell: The pain is horrible. I don't want to live like this. Please, kill me.

Blasting Lazhae might've made me feel good, but the thought of putting a poor girl shot up with diseases out of her misery took the fight right out of me. I had to believe there was another way.

We took Momi back to the shuttleport and paid her fare. I even lined her up a ticket back to Coruscant, but after that it's in her father's hands.

I don't know if doctors can really help her – I've picked up some tricks over the years, but as a battlefield medic, not a virologist. Once again I'm wondering if maybe a Jedi couldn't help her out. If they could, there's plenty of Jedi on Coruscant, and they might make time for a Senator's daughter.

Sometimes you can't win it all in this galaxy. Momi didn't get to save the last of the shanjaru, but maybe these samples of hers can still save the species. A tough lesson, but if she survives, she'll be stronger for it, same as the shanjaru. I wish her luck.

##End Log##

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Quinine shot Space Hojo! Is that his first dark side action?

Also, that's a pretty stupid choice at the end:
"The pain! Kill me!"
"You know, your Dad could probably find a cure."
"Oh, yeah. Never mind."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, that whole scene was a bit clunky. It's Light Side to let him go so he can continue his experiments? I get they're very committed to the Kill Bad/Spare Good thing, but sometimes it doesn't fit. And yeah, that Momi bit is pretty awkward too. The most charitable way I can spin it is "Well, neither of us are doctors, let's at least check if you're curable".

Edit: VVVV Nope, the only options are [Dark Side] Take his bribe and walk away, [Dark Side] Kill him, release Momi and get the samples, or [Light side] Let him go but take the samples and release Momi.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Wait, so you don't get the option to arrest, detain, or otherwise do something to this dude as a Light Side Option? What the hell, game, that's hosed up.

• Locked thread