Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007
This is infuriating.
I can't get my Toast pack to work. After a java meltdown, I've managed to get all the other packs working again, but no dice on the Toast. It crashes on load with an access denied error report. Anyone here know a bit of java or has had this happen?
I want to join the Toast server, but so far it's not looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So I had an idea to start over with Skyden again (I know, I've done it once already) just to fit a theme of matching with Fez. I was looking up earlier and found a texturepack for it, which gave me an idea.

Is there a version of the dimension doors mod that works in 1.4.7, as well as a storage mod like the barrels from Factorization or the DSUs from MFR? Since Skyden will eventually give big payouts in terms of ender pearls, I'd actually have an excuse to play around with the dimension doors...

and considering that I eventually want to build all the maps in Fez, which are linked through doors, it would be the perfect setup.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Pidmon posted:

So I had an idea to start over with Skyden again (I know, I've done it once already) just to fit a theme of matching with Fez. I was looking up earlier and found a texturepack for it, which gave me an idea.

Is there a version of the dimension doors mod that works in 1.4.7, as well as a storage mod like the barrels from Factorization or the DSUs from MFR? Since Skyden will eventually give big payouts in terms of ender pearls, I'd actually have an excuse to play around with the dimension doors...

and considering that I eventually want to build all the maps in Fez, which are linked through doors, it would be the perfect setup.

1.4.7? You might have better luck just playing Skyden under 1.5.2 with updated versions of all the same mods, plus dimdoors. Unless there's something Skyden uses in 1.4.7 that isn't available in 1.5.2.

Both factorization and MFR had 1.4.7 versions, though.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Sirithil posted:

1.4.7? You might have better luck just playing Skyden under 1.5.2 with updated versions of all the same mods, plus dimdoors. Unless there's something Skyden uses in 1.4.7 that isn't available in 1.5.2.

Both factorization and MFR had 1.4.7 versions, though.

I thought the whole reason we haven't got SeaDen yet is that the vital NPC mod isn't yet updated? Good thing about factorization though.

Depending on the version of Mystcraft included I might just use little nooks with bookstands inside behind doors instead.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Twistershift posted:

This is infuriating.
I can't get my Toast pack to work. After a java meltdown, I've managed to get all the other packs working again, but no dice on the Toast. It crashes on load with an access denied error report. Anyone here know a bit of java or has had this happen?
I want to join the Toast server, but so far it's not looking good.

I'm really bad at Windows permissions, but can you post a Pastebin of the whole error report? I vaguely remember there being some kind of access denied error involving Custom Stuff 2.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

straw man posted:

I'm really bad at Windows permissions, but can you post a Pastebin of the whole error report? I vaguely remember there being some kind of access denied error involving Custom Stuff 2.

Thanks for the help!
http://pastebin.com/FLfWqkWr

Actually looking at it now, I see that CS2 error. Is the fix an easy one?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Hey KingLemming, is it possible you can make an addon to your mod that allows people/modders/etc. to put their machine guts into your machine frame so their mod can use your non-poo poo machine mechanics for their machines?

Ideally this would mean 5 things:
Their machines run off of TE machine mechanics so
Speed is based off of how much power is available.
Won't wildly flicker on and off. (mekanism :argh:)
Adjustable inputs/outputs (can be turned off)
Better format for integration with other mods/itself.
Harder to poo poo up the server with their own poo poo code.

Maybe after the liquid rewrite and stuff you could work on such a project. If you say "I'm not interested in this" or "I don't have time for this" is completely understandable.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Am I doing something wrong, or does MFR not particularly support the natura glowshrooms? Attempting to make a farm that turns them giant and then chops them down, like you can with vanilla mushrooms.

Planters will plant them, and harvesters will harvest the normal sized ones. Immediately after they get planted, even if the small shrooms setting is no. Fertilizers don't seem to make them giant either.

Side note, I think the railcraft player trail things that were causing a bunch of problems before are still causing problems with plants growing. My mushroom farm refused to work yesterday since I had stepped through the grow area, but it works fine today now that the trail has timed out. Rubber tree farm had similar issues. Running it in a custom pack on minecraft 1.5.2 with MFR 2.6.4

Side note 2, is there any way to farm Mushglooms from Twilight Forest? I'm guessing no.

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

Pidmon posted:

I thought the whole reason we haven't got SeaDen yet is that the vital NPC mod isn't yet updated?
I stand corrected, then.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Twistershift posted:

Thanks for the help!
http://pastebin.com/FLfWqkWr

Actually looking at it now, I see that CS2 error. Is the fix an easy one?

I wish I knew what it was exactly... that's the error I've seen before, and I know somebody was able to resolve it, but I never heard the solution. I'd start by putting %appdata% into the search bar in your start menu, opening the .technic folder, right-clicking toastcrunchy-modpack, choosing properties, and making sure read-only is off. In that menu, make sure you have full permissions on the folder. If that doesn't solve it, try right clicking the Technic launcher and "Run as administrator".

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
SkyDen question: Am I missing something that lets me breathe water from Vanilla or something? I can't figure out a solution for the Trial of Water, and I can't find anything in NEI. My valent attempts to tank it with regen potions also failed.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Carados posted:

SkyDen question: Am I missing something that lets me breathe water from Vanilla or something? I can't figure out a solution for the Trial of Water, and I can't find anything in NEI. My valent attempts to tank it with regen potions also failed.

If there's a floor, you can use doors, and if there are walls, you can use signs or ladders to create air pockets.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You can also put the Respiration enchantment on a helmet to hold your breath longer, but I haven't gotten to the Trial of Water yet so I can't say if that will be enough.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Carados posted:

When I need to breath underwater I walk up next to a wall and place a torch on the block my head occupies. I don't know if this will help for whatever the Trial of Water is.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Mzbundifund posted:

You can also put the Respiration enchantment on a helmet to hold your breath longer, but I haven't gotten to the Trial of Water yet so I can't say if that will be enough.
I think that's the correct answer, everything else makes me uncomfortable about the "No breaking or placing blocks" rule. It worked perfectly.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I'm on a Toast server and I live in a Mountain Range biome. I've got a town near me, and I am working on cleaning it up and improving it. Unfortunately, there's a lot of terrain I need to level around the town (and my house) to do so.

Here's the dynmap:

What would be the best way to rapidly flatten a lot of the hills around me? Just blow them up?

e: Is there a way to disguise a block as another block? I know there are facades/microblocks but those don't really work here. I want to move my Smeltery into my processing room but I want to have part of it occupy the exterior wall. But I also don't want it to 'show', I want it to match the rest of the wood.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 6, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm on a Toast server and I live in a Mountain Range biome. I've got a town near me, and I am working on cleaning it up and improving it. Unfortunately, there's a lot of terrain I need to level around the town (and my house) to do so.

Here's the dynmap:

What would be the best way to rapidly flatten a lot of the hills around me? Just blow them up?

e: Is there a way to disguise a block as another block? I know there are facades/microblocks but those don't really work here. I want to move my Smeltery into my processing room but I want to have part of it occupy the exterior wall. But I also don't want it to 'show', I want it to match the rest of the wood.

Does toast have buildcraft? The buildcraft filler works great to level obnoxious terrain.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Tinkers' Construct hammers/excavators are pretty nice for mass manual earthmoving; alternately if you have Xeno's Reliquary and a large supply of gunpowder you can blast it all away with a destruction catalyst.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Ixjuvin posted:

Tinkers' Construct hammers/excavators are pretty nice for mass manual earthmoving; alternately if you have Xeno's Reliquary and a large supply of gunpowder you can blast it all away with a destruction catalyst.

I have a hammer/excavator but even so there's too much to just do it by hand, I feel. Don't have a good supply of gunpowder either.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Does toast have buildcraft? The buildcraft filler works great to level obnoxious terrain.

Yes, it does. How does the filler work? I'll go make one!

Chew Toy
Nov 28, 2010

I'm unhappy, Jon.
edit: Toast looks like what I'm looking for

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tsurupettan posted:

Yes, it does. How does the filler work? I'll go make one!

Fillers need buildcraft power, so make sure you've got that. I just like to yank my REC off my power stack (or have a dedicated one). You will also need four Landmarks (lapis + redstone torch,) nine glass, and a lever.

First, you'll need to use the landmarks to define the area you want to clear. Place one landmark on one corner of the cube that you want to clear out. This is your BASE LANDMARK. All other landmarks must be able to touch this landmark with a straight line. To assist you, place a lever down next to the first landmark and turn it on. This will draw laser guides that will show you valid places to place your additional landmarks. Place additional landmarks to define the cube you want to clear. Place one straight ahead, one to the left or right, and one either up or down (guessing up for you) along the laser guides. Once finished, go back to the BASE LANDMARK, turn off the lever and pick it up, then right click on the BASE LANDMARK. This will draw a red laser cube.

Next, plop down your builder adjacent to the BASE LANDMARK. It should be outside the red laser box and have a face available so that power can be received. Doing this will convert your red laser box to yellow/black ticker tape, and cause the landmarks to drop as items. Go collect them if you want to save them for later. Next, open up the builder GUI. Take the nine glass and place one in each slot in the 3x3 crafting grid above. (This will tell it to go into clear mode.) Now, drop the REC or other power next to the builder. At this point, it should start clearing terrain, starting from the bottom of the defined area and going upwards. Enjoy!

Note: blocks mined by the builder cannot be picked up and will despawn very quickly.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Forge Multipart looks like the microblock implementation that we've all been waiting for since Redpower died. It has support for multiple torches, levers, buttons, and redstone torches in a single block space, as well as the standard microblocks. (Also, Chickbones has brought back wireless redstone for 1.6.)

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Carados posted:

I had this problem as well and iirc by enchanting an iron helmet with Respiration on the enchanting table inside the main Skyden base I was able to make it to the reward chest just before I drowned.

After all this time I might be wrong but I believe SkyDen came with EnchantingPlus which lets you choose your enchantments? If not either I was a filthy cheater or I got lucky first go! Hopefully it was legit anyway!

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

m2pt5 posted:

Forge Multipart looks like the microblock implementation that we've all been waiting for since Redpower died. It has support for multiple torches, levers, buttons, and redstone torches in a single block space, as well as the standard microblocks. (Also, Chickbones has brought back wireless redstone for 1.6.)

What's the difference between this and Immibis Microblocks as far as microblocks go? The multiple torch, lever, button on the same block part is pretty great though.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 6, 2013

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I finished the rewrite, so now here's a few more progress shots:

The barrier fields now vaporize vanilla water and lava that are in the way. I haven't yet decided if I want to enable that for Forge liquids in general, plus I'd need to learn how to! Also should probably add snow cover, grass, vines, etc. now that I think about it.

Other than the rewrite, the last couple of days has been spent bugfixing and behavior tweaking. Added invert versions of the blocks, and will probably make them the default upon crafting. I still haven't fully made up my mind if I want the fields to require unbroken line of sight to each other (apart from aforementioned vaporizables) or not.

Also, testing shows that strength 2 (out of 4) barriers are enough to TNT-proof anything behind them. I was surprised, they're only as strong as cobblestone, but I guess the instant regen is enough to provide extra shielding. Strength 1 fields (dirt) fare about as well as you'd expect.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Cerevisiae posted:

What's the difference between this and Immibis Microblocks as far as microblocks go? The multiple torch, lever, button on the same block part is pretty great though.

The difference appears to be that it's an API that can be implemented by other mods, and not just its own mod, meaning other mods' buttons/switches/etc. can be made multipart-compatible as well.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Pretty typical of direwolf to completely ignore the accomplishments of another mod though. Don't get me wrong Multipart looks amazing and does stuff we've never seen, but Immibis microblocks has allowed multiple things in a single block space for a long time. Not only multiple microblocks, but pipes/cables etc, but direwolf acted like that had never been done before.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Taffer posted:

Pretty typical of direwolf to completely ignore the accomplishments of another mod though. Don't get me wrong Multipart looks amazing and does stuff we've never seen, but Immibis microblocks has allowed multiple things in a single block space for a long time. Not only multiple microblocks, but pipes/cables etc, but direwolf acted like that had never been done before.

True, but at least with it becoming an extension of Forge, other mods can plan for it and make their wires/tubes/conduits/what-have-you compatible with it. With Immibis microblocks, the "coexisting with other mod things" was hit-or-miss, and you might have to dig pretty far to find the right configuration to allow it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Oh my fukkin god, i want to make a crazy hell base with this. :swoon:

I know i wont, because gently caress pigmen cluttering up everywhere, but its just awesome.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Shadowmorn posted:

Oh my fukkin god, i want to make a crazy hell base with this. :swoon:

I know i wont, because gently caress pigmen cluttering up everywhere, but its just awesome.

Just deactivate the lava tunnels and everything will be okay.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

metasynthetic posted:

I finished the rewrite, so now here's a few more progress shots:

The barrier fields now vaporize vanilla water and lava that are in the way. I haven't yet decided if I want to enable that for Forge liquids in general, plus I'd need to learn how to! Also should probably add snow cover, grass, vines, etc. now that I think about it.

Other than the rewrite, the last couple of days has been spent bugfixing and behavior tweaking. Added invert versions of the blocks, and will probably make them the default upon crafting. I still haven't fully made up my mind if I want the fields to require unbroken line of sight to each other (apart from aforementioned vaporizables) or not.

Also, testing shows that strength 2 (out of 4) barriers are enough to TNT-proof anything behind them. I was surprised, they're only as strong as cobblestone, but I guess the instant regen is enough to provide extra shielding. Strength 1 fields (dirt) fare about as well as you'd expect.

Is this for 1.5.2 or 1.6+?

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
1.6, figured I might as well start there. Won't be usable in mainline packs for awhile I'm afraid.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Carados posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a waterbreathing potion, right? Or maybe I did do the helmet thing. I can't remember now.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

straw man posted:

I wish I knew what it was exactly... that's the error I've seen before, and I know somebody was able to resolve it, but I never heard the solution. I'd start by putting %appdata% into the search bar in your start menu, opening the .technic folder, right-clicking toastcrunchy-modpack, choosing properties, and making sure read-only is off. In that menu, make sure you have full permissions on the folder. If that doesn't solve it, try right clicking the Technic launcher and "Run as administrator".

Hey, thanks for the help.
Well, I'm closer. I tried all those things, but no dice. Then I simply ham-fisted it and removed the CustomStuff mod, and Toast works now. Maybe I have a bad file? I might throw it over in the Toast server thread, and maybe Ghost Seven or those dudes might know. Thanks again.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Twistershift posted:

Hey, thanks for the help.
Well, I'm closer. I tried all those things, but no dice. Then I simply ham-fisted it and removed the CustomStuff mod, and Toast works now. Maybe I have a bad file? I might throw it over in the Toast server thread, and maybe Ghost Seven or those dudes might know. Thanks again.

Psst. straw man is the guy running the main server in the Toast server thread, and most of those people read this thread too. Couldn't hurt though, since it's a pack-specific problem.

Edit: Try making sure the config/CustomStuff folder in your toastcrunchy-modpack folder is writable by everyone? That's where it generates that file and maybe it's not writable for some reason.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 7, 2013

Sirithil
May 31, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

1.6, figured I might as well start there. Won't be usable in mainline packs for awhile I'm afraid.

*groan* :negative:

Well, there goes my notion of using this in my current world.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Anyone have any thoughts on Tinkers Construct regarding materials for bows and arrows? Apparently different rules apply than on normal weapons, because a metal bow takes forever to draw. I guess that makes sense, of course. But I was wondering if anyone had a bow setup they'd recommend, or any insight.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Vib Rib posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on Tinkers Construct regarding materials for bows and arrows? Apparently different rules apply than on normal weapons, because a metal bow takes forever to draw. I guess that makes sense, of course. But I was wondering if anyone had a bow setup they'd recommend, or any insight.

Green Slime does wonders for me, get a stack of arrows with a ton of quartz slapped on and you will be hitting for about 20 hearts worth of damage.

edit: seems the best arrows are paper of all things, 360 quartz makes it more damaging but slightly less accurate than manyullyn.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 7, 2013

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Public service announcement: using MFFS to build railcraft tanks owns.

Also we've got far to much ocean on our server, I may start copying mystcraft void world islands into them. Basically, try out MFFS's building options, they are kind of amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
http://imgur.com/a/4fZyw

My laser drill might not be getting much use, but it was an excuse to make a silly looking sci-fi prop out of it.

And i love it. :haw:

• Locked thread