Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Today, I went out to 2 Nintendo Zone location and I came home with no hits.... Either I was the first one to those locations or it hasn't been set to do so yet. I was more surprise with the other location because it was right next to Gamestop store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SgtKirby posted:

Today, I went out to 2 Nintendo Zone location and I came home with no hits.... Either I was the first one to those locations or it hasn't been set to do so yet. I was more surprise with the other location because it was right next to Gamestop store.

I've passed a nintendo zone mcdonalds in the same plaza as a gamestop every day since the update and still don't have any hits from it. I'm guessing most people won't have updated their poo poo yet even though they sent out a notification when it went live.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

SgtKirby posted:

Today, I went out to 2 Nintendo Zone location and I came home with no hits.... Either I was the first one to those locations or it hasn't been set to do so yet.
I'm pretty sure that there's no set up to do for the actual Nintendo Zones.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I bet it takes weeks or even months for an update to get out to even 50% of the total consoles.

I would even imagine 50% is about as good as you'll do, between people who never turn on WiFi or just habitually refuse the update for whatever reason.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Same here with the Relay Point luck- I live in a pretty rural area, though.

I will never get any Streetpasses, ever \/:qq:\/

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Dehry posted:

The Gateway 3DS is hitting the streets now.

It seems to be using an exploit in the DS mode that Nintendo patched out in the 5.x firmwares to trick the 3DS into running their flash cart.

They're "working on" compatibility with firmwares higher than 4.5, but it's most likely not going to happen, just a marketing thing so they can sell more $80 flash carts.

Mario&Luigi Dream Team and Animal Crossing don't work too, so it's likely not going to affect future games.(M&L requires 5.1, AC has that weird memory thing to prevent save scumming.) Especially since the encryption itself hasn't been broken on the games and it still has to be a 1:1 copy of the game to run.

I have no idea what a Gateway 3DS is, and Google only confused me more. Is it like an emulator?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its a piracy cart.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Apparently Dream Team is not exactly looking to be a good game. Or at least not as good as SSS or BIS. What a shame. :sigh: I was looking forward to it too, but I guess I'll skip out. Nintendo seems to be dropping the ball on a lot of their games lately. Hearing that the game's hand holding is as bad as Skyward Sword's is not helping things either.

And I hear there's a huge bug involving the gyroscope, making some parts of the game impossible to pass. What is wrong with Nintendo's QA team? They're missing a lot of big bugs in their more recent games.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dr. Fetus posted:

Apparently Dream Team is not exactly looking to be a good game. Or at least not as good as SSS or BIS. What a shame. :sigh: I was looking forward to it too, but I guess I'll skip out. Nintendo seems to be dropping the ball on a lot of their games lately. Hearing that the game's hand holding is as bad as Skyward Sword's is not helping things either.

And I hear there's a huge bug involving the gyroscope, making some parts of the game impossible to pass. What is wrong with Nintendo's QA team? They're missing a lot of big bugs in their more recent games.

I've heard a bunch of people on Twitter and in this topic absolutely raving about it, so your mileage may vary, I guess? :shrug:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

On the other hand game informer and polygon gave it good reviews.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

The hand-holding sounds like a problem, but the big gripes seem to be how similar the game is to Bowser's Inside Story. And given how good that game was, I'd rather have a rehash of a game that wasn't broken, rather than Nintendo trying to fix a good formula and coming out with something like Sticker Star.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I only care about non-reviewer reviews. It will probably be a good game, but the inability to skip tutorials is gonna be awful.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Puddin posted:

All of my experience with those crystal cases end up with dust trapped between the case and whatever it's covering.

Other than an actual clear wrap, if you really don't want it to rub off, resign yourself to buying a new XL and put it in a display cabinet or something.

Or you could just get some full body ghost armor for it.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/product/details/nintendo-3ds-xl

I swear by it on all my portable devices.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

I only care about non-reviewer reviews. It will probably be a good game, but the inability to skip tutorials is gonna be awful.

It's what made me quit playing BIS so I don't exactly have a ton of hope for this one if its even worse.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Surely if that was a thing we would have heard more about it since the game has been out here in Europe for a few weeks now?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
So I made a post in SA Mart looking for a Fire Emblem code. Help a goon out, y'all: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564196

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Tutorializing in Dream Team felt the exact same to me as it did in Bowser's Inside Story really. There's a couple of cases where they offer to re-explain things to you though, and those do default to you answering yes when they ask.

The only issue I had with the gyroscope parts is that I dislike having to move my handheld around to do stuff, but there was nothing that was impossible to do because of it. There was a weird thing with one of the special attacks where the sensitivity on the gyroscope felt better if you'd pressed R to temporarily disable the 3D (which is an option it offers for all the gyroscope based attacks, of which there's 3 or so iirc), but that could just be me imagining things.

Smart Car fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 9, 2013

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ugh, I got a small scratch on my top screen when cleaning it with a microfiber cloth. In 2D mode you can barely see it, but in 3D mode it looks like a big stuck pixel.

I knew I should've put a screen protector on from the start, but is there any brand that will help cover up the scratch? It's really very, very small.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

In their defense those reviews posted do seem to actually use the entire ten point scale. The problem with using the entire scale however is that you'll still have large swaths of people seeing the score (usually without even reading the review) equating their six ("Above average or so but not poo poo, meh.") with what a six usually means in the gaming industry.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

Its a piracy cart.

A very bad one at that. One game per microSD card and the fact you're definitely getting locked out of any online content with the V1.1 updates coming soon to every good game (SMT IV even needs an update just to streetpass.) I just thought it was worth mentioning since it exists now.

HoneyBunchesofOats
May 4, 2013

Barudak posted:

It's what made me quit playing BIS so I don't exactly have a ton of hope for this one if its even worse.

I quit playing BIS when I got to the final boss because my DS Lite X button was all squishy and I couldn't tap X fast enough to inhale and continue the fight. :smith:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

HoneyBunchesofOats posted:

I quit playing BIS when I got to the final boss because my DS Lite X button was all squishy and I couldn't tap X fast enough to inhale and continue the fight. :smith:

DSi in general had some button issues. The shoulder buttons on mine went QUICK. Had to blow into them every time I wanted to use them and even then I had to pound them a hundred times to get it to press once. I eventually just gave up on games that used L+R.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The game doesn't tell you this, but you can also use Y to inhale. Mashing both X and Y at the same time makes the inhaling segments a lot easier. I think you can also use Y in place of X during Bowser's fights.

Yeah, not sure what was wrong with the DSi, but the shoulder buttons dying seemed to be a pretty common issue.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

kurona_bright posted:

Did some searching around on tumblr, and apparently it will! (The account's run by an XSEED employee) [http://hatsuu.tumblr.com/post/56109898313/wait-price-range-so-theres-more-than-one-version-of]

Awesome, thanks! I'm kinda debating whether or not I want to import it since I have a US 3DS. Hmm.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
M&L Dream Team is good. Sure, it does tutorialize you a lot, but otherwise the gameplay, area and enemy design is perfectly fine, if perhaps a bit linear.

It can also be surprisingly hard, with incredibly elaborate enemy attack patterns, far more than in any of the earlier M&L games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually it's a really loving good game, like top five games of the year. No idea what those guys are on. It's charming, fun to play, has some of the most impressive sequences I've seen in a handheld game, uses practically every function of the 3DS to its benefit and is challenging. Like, 'What the gently caress, I just died three times in a row to a Nintendo boss?' challenging.

Yeah, there are quite a few tutorials but you can skip any that contain stuff from previous games and the ones you can't are literally 30 seconds long, so anyone who doesn't play it because of that, I dunno what to say.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

That first article is by Jim Sterling and can therefore be disregarded. Won't raise an opinion on the other one.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I usually trust destructoid reviews though. They gave it a lower review than I expected, but it still seemed like they enjoyed the game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

M&L Dream Team is good. Sure, it does tutorialize you a lot, but otherwise the gameplay, area and enemy design is perfectly fine, if perhaps a bit linear.

It can also be surprisingly hard, with incredibly elaborate enemy attack patterns, far more than in any of the earlier M&L games.

The bosses are especially elaborate: Things that wouldn't look out of place for the endgame bosses/final boss of BiS come rather early on bosses in Dream Team.

And they're pretty hard, as I've said many times before.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Yeah as much as I've been bitching about the hand-holding, the game is still awesome and I recommend it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dream Team is a gem of a game. It's pretty much the perfect cure for the Mario fatigue that occurred as a result of NSMB 2 and U being released within a few months of each other. It's unique, it's funny, it's charming as hell.

It doesn't feel like a modern Nintendo game, in a good way.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Oh, and the music is pretty original for a Mario game too. I'm not hearing a lot of recurring oldies (main SMB theme, Underground theme) in this one. (Except perhaps the tutorial music.)

krebbed flam
Mar 10, 2013
I've tried giving this away elsewhere on the internet, but nobody's said a word to me about if they took it or if it didn't work or whatever. Here's my SMT4 Club Nintendo code.

MH2-JRRX-EWXS-KFK

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

krebbed flam posted:

I've tried giving this away elsewhere on the internet, but nobody's said a word to me about if they took it or if it didn't work or whatever. Here's my SMT4 Club Nintendo code.

MH2-JRRX-EWXS-KFK

Looks like someone took it without saying anything, I just tried to register it.

krebbed flam
Mar 10, 2013
Whoever got it, enjoy!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
In case anyone else has a SMT4 unused US registration code, I'm offering $15 for one in SAmart.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Literally the only place in Australia selling Theatrythm is some rear end in a top hat on ebay gouging each copy for $200 each. No shops online have it, and the only ebgames that have it in Australia, are in different states and who don't send things in the post :smith:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Tithin Melias posted:

Literally the only place in Australia selling Theatrythm is some rear end in a top hat on ebay gouging each copy for $200 each. No shops online have it, and the only ebgames that have it in Australia, are in different states and who don't send things in the post :smith:

http://www.ozgameshop.com

E: Oh drat, not there either.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Already tried there and Dungeoncrawl and a few other places. Literally did a blanket search on google for theatrythm and every single place that had it, is out of stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tithin Melias posted:

Already tried there and Dungeoncrawl and a few other places. Literally did a blanket search on google for theatrythm and every single place that had it, is out of stock.

If you're close enough, have you tried their retail store? The web store stock comes from their warehouse, so it's possible there might be a copy sitting on their shelf.

• Locked thread