Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
:siren: Two new characters announced! :siren:

Funny Valentine and Kawajiri Kira!

This one isn't DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

:siren: Two new characters announced! :siren:

Funny Valentine and Kawajiri Kira!

This one isn't DLC.
And it even has Stray Cat! :D

Now we just need Diego, Soundman and F.F.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 31, 2013

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
YES.

I really hope that picture of a yellow Valentine means when he swaps with his alternate dimension versions his palette gets randomized.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
So I guess this means Kira IS in the game by default after all, albeit just not in his original costume (which is DLC).

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So I guess this means Kira IS in the game by default after all, albeit just not in his original costume (which is DLC).

That makes some sense. Stray Cat can really shift how Kira fights, so having him be a different character with a different moveset can work. They could have just given normal Kira Stray Cat, but that may not have been manga accurate enough or something.

Happy to see Valentine. I've been waiting on that since day 1.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I figured Bowie Kira was not going to be the only version of Kira we saw which I'm pretty happy about. Bites the Dust is probably one of my favorite arcs of the series and it's nice to see Kawajiri Kira be the one that's front and center even if his blonde hair is more recognizable to the character. Valentine's gonna be interesting to see how they implement, I guess he could just be a minion character where his moves are throwing out other versions of himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As I predicted two versions of Kira.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Speaking of Bowie Kira, here's a piece of fan art I ran across.

I could actually see David Bowie playing Kira.

Meanwhile, Dio is pretty much Tim Curry in his prime for me.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Edit: I'm removing the art I posted because I managed to make it fit into a shot for the show. Nothing to see here, moving along. :allears:

Anyway, long story short - I've managed to insert Jotaro into a shot for Axe Cop. I'm going to see if the shot gets approved first with my addition though.

Next week's episode of Axe Cop is the one they previewed at comic con - and has a small cameo of Zeppeli I inserted. ;)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 6, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Trailer :siren:

All the new characters and other features!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRjd3dxEOY

:911:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Valentine fighting using an American flag may be the best thing I've seen out of this game.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

God I wish the game had this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I watched the first episode of Axe Cop and didn't see a Jojo character anywhere. WHERE IS JOTARO, SPACEDAD?!

Spacedad lied, people died!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He's not in the first episode. He's gonna be in a future episode.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Someone's started to subtitle those "Vaguely Remembered Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcg9aCzfoU

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Holy poo poo, Jump gave Araki a cooking show!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcOzufy9N_4

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
And the other guy is the Assassination Classroom / Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro guy.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Kurtofan posted:

Trailer :siren:

All the new characters and other features!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRjd3dxEOY

:911:

So story mode is only the Jojo's of parts 1-7. I was wondering how they were going to handle a Jojolion story. The answer is they won't. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered it shows the character select for Story mode.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

So story mode is only the Jojo's of parts 1-7. I was wondering how they were going to handle a Jojolion story. The answer is they won't. :v:
I'm still holding out hope for Going Underground- sorry, Born This Way just for the sake of a second fighting-capable JoJolion character, even if her power would be difficult to work while following the rules, but I guess Kira + Stray Cat is close enough to work.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Tobaccrow posted:

Based on the way it looks, I guess your right, but I still don't get it. If you go with only the characters in the game, the story modes for the main characters won't have a lot of fights if it's based in their part. Jolene can fight Pucci to follow Part 6 and that's about it. Keeping it in their own part, Jotaro, Josuke and Joseph are the only ones who have more than two unique encounters. So I figure if it can't ridgedly follow the manga, I don't see a reason to exclude JoJolion Josuke from story mode or any other character for that matter.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
They've got Made in Heaven and D4C. If they can't work out a fighting game story from that, they're hopeless.

Although it would help if there were more enemies than just the final bosses for Parts 1, 5, 6, and 7. I swear Hol Horse musta won one of those character ranking polls they love so much over there to get included over Vanilla Ice.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

I watched the first episode of Axe Cop and didn't see a Jojo character anywhere. WHERE IS JOTARO, SPACEDAD?!

Spacedad lied, people died!

It's hilarious because Diego becomes a 'dinosaur solider' in pretty much the exact same way as a dude in a story written by a 5 year old.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HitTheTargets posted:

They've got Made in Heaven and D4C. If they can't work out a fighting game story from that, they're hopeless.

Although it would help if there were more enemies than just the final bosses for Parts 1, 5, 6, and 7. I swear Hol Horse musta won one of those character ranking polls they love so much over there to get included over Vanilla Ice.

It's because Hol Horse is far more a beloved villain character in Part 3 than Vznilla Ice. Vanilla Ice was in one fight and killed favorite characters, Hol Horse is a goofy dude who showed up at four different points in the story and did a ton of memorable things in each one and is also absolutely hysterical. He's a schmuck, but he's the perfect example of a JJBA schmuck, I don't mind his inclusion over Vanilla Ice too much, it makes sense.

The story mode is probably just going to be characters fighting other characters from the same part topped off with the villain fight. It's not be anything too complicated, unless they implement some weird style of Story Mode like the JJBA PS1 game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sixth trailer subbed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCjCHUvY8AI&feature=youtu.be

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It's because Hol Horse is far more a beloved villain character in Part 3 than Vznilla Ice. Vanilla Ice was in one fight and killed favorite characters, Hol Horse is a goofy dude who showed up at four different points in the story and did a ton of memorable things in each one and is also absolutely hysterical. He's a schmuck, but he's the perfect example of a JJBA schmuck, I don't mind his inclusion over Vanilla Ice too much, it makes sense.

The story mode is probably just going to be characters fighting other characters from the same part topped off with the villain fight. It's not be anything too complicated, unless they implement some weird style of Story Mode like the JJBA PS1 game.

Well yeah, I know why he's more popular. I'm just saying that as a fighting game character he doesn't have the most interesting abilities. It's me, I'm the guy who wants weird Stands like Cream or Bad Company or Dragon's Dream in the game.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 10, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
OK, I just finished part 5, and have one question. What the hell did Giorno's Stand do at the end?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Deus Ex Machina bullshit. Any other explanation is just adding more words to the sentence.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He turned Diavolo into Kenny.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

He got a sharingan that's a fist instead of an eye.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Schubalts posted:

OK, I just finished part 5, and have one question. What the hell did Giorno's Stand do at the end?
Well, to paraphrase King Crimson's meme...

Gold Experience Requiem: It just works.

HitTheTargets posted:

Well yeah, I know why he's more popular. I'm just saying that as a fighting game character he doesn't have the most interesting abilities. It's me, I'm the guy who wants weird Stands like Cream or Bad Company or Dragon's Dream in the game.
I'd have accepted some of the weirder ones as stage hazards or situational finishes. 'course we'd need more stages and have more than one allocated hazard to each one...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 10, 2013

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The pretentious answer is it's King Crimson's natural counterpart. Whereas Diavolo was all about results mattering, not how you achieve them and therefore having a Stand that basically deletes everything leading up to his desired results, Giorno as an anime protagonist learns it's the journey that counts, not the destination, so GER works as a polar opposite to King Crimson: It deletes the destination, repeating the journey. That's why King Crimson's power didn't work, and that's why he experiences dying over and over, because GER deleted the end result of dying, death.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Seeing it written out like that makes it a lot easier to understand, thanks. Maybe it's just the translation, but it wasn't really clear when GER gave its own explanation.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I understood it as reverting actions/willpower. Diavolo kept seeing himself winning in his predictions, but then it kept reversing back to the point where he threatens Giorno and finds himself wondering why he hasn't acted yet. Then once he got killed by GER, it made it so that even the action of himself dying keeps reversing back to when he wasn't dead.

Also, just a thought about GER being unbeatable: What if you were to somehow trick Giorno hit himself with GER? Like how Alt-Diego cut his own leg off to hit Johnny with the infinite spin?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Arrow also Fell out of GER at the end so he may have gone back to normal anyway.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

JDRockefeller posted:

I understood it as reverting actions/willpower. Diavolo kept seeing himself winning in his predictions, but then it kept reversing back to the point where he threatens Giorno and finds himself wondering why he hasn't acted yet. Then once he got killed by GER, it made it so that even the action of himself dying keeps reversing back to when he wasn't dead.

Something like that. The way I understand it is the GER puts you in a loop back to a particular point, and Diavolo is looped back to the point of "about to be killed." That's why he'd always die in a different, largely unrelated way from the previous time.

But the easy, though no less accurate, way is to think of GER as the plot sword in a JRPG. It allows you to kill the final boss.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Arrow also Fell out of GER at the end so he may have gone back to normal anyway.

http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/17/112
http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/17/201

Oh snap, I can't believe I forgot about that. I had thought it was permanently fused to the stand.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is probably old news, but I was thinking about the ASB Roster today and noticed something. Excluding Part 1 which lacks a big cast, we have this:

Part 2: Joseph, Caesar, ACDC, Wham, Cars
Part 3: Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Hol Horse, Dio
Part 4: Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Akira, Kira
Part 5: Giorno, Bruno, Mista, Narancia, Diavolo

Five characters for each part. 1, 6, and 7 have three each, so far. Do you think we can expect 6 and 7 to get two more each to even it out, or do you think we've seen them all now? I'm not sure if news has hinted at any more coming yet, and we're getting close to the release date now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd expect them to include Diego at the very least. Other than that I don't really know, they might toss in Annasui and Weather Report for good measure, but I'm not holding out any hope for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This is probably old news, but I was thinking about the ASB Roster today and noticed something. Excluding Part 1 which lacks a big cast, we have this:

Part 2: Joseph, Caesar, ACDC, Wham, Cars
Part 3: Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Hol Horse, Dio
Part 4: Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Akira, Kira
Part 5: Giorno, Bruno, Mista, Narancia, Diavolo

Five characters for each part. 1, 6, and 7 have three each, so far. Do you think we can expect 6 and 7 to get two more each to even it out, or do you think we've seen them all now? I'm not sure if news has hinted at any more coming yet, and we're getting close to the release date now.

Um you forgot Rohan and Avdol.

• Locked thread