Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dolash posted:

Yeah, that whole scene was a bit clunky. It's Light Side to let him go so he can continue his experiments? I get they're very committed to the Kill Bad/Spare Good thing, but sometimes it doesn't fit. And yeah, that Momi bit is pretty awkward too. The most charitable way I can spin it is "Well, neither of us are doctors, let's at least check if you're curable".

Edit: VVVV Nope, the only options are [Dark Side] Take his bribe and walk away, [Dark Side] Kill him, release Momi and get the samples, or [Light side] Let him go but take the samples and release Momi.

I was about to compare this to Batman, but honestly even Batman would've had a "make frowny faces and break all his arms and legs before handing him over to the authorities" option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 34: BLOOD ON THE SAND

Previously posted:

MASTER ERIZ VOSSAN has disappeared, searching for the “original people of TATOOINE”. Following the advice of desert guide ROWAN DELK, JOLUNE MOL'NEUX heads for a mysterious cave that holds clues to TATTOINE's ancient history...

: :3:

: :rolleyes:

: :(

: You made him sad!

: Banthas always look sad. That's because they know how good they taste grilled.

: I... I actually could go for a burger right now.

: :saddowns:

: ...No, forget food. We need to explore this spooky cave and find out where Master Eriz went.

: Besides, the nearest decent burger joint is about fifteen thousand light years away.

: What are these things?

: They must be the “Sand People” Rowan mentioned.

: Sand People, honestly. “What shall we call these desert dwellers?” “I know: Sand People!” The original colonists were idiots.

: Phew... friendly sorts. What's this?

: Symbols, carvings... three braziers?

: Rule 1 of mysterious ruins- if in doubt, set fire to something.

: Pretty!

[VIDEO: The Secret History of Tatooine]

: The first scene shows a world very different to the Tatooine of the present. It is lush and verdant, and four species share it harmoniously. The second scene: disaster. Tatooine turned to sand. One of the original four species dies out, another-- the Jawas-- flees to shelters, the third and fourth brave the desert.

: The Sand People are victorious. The fourth scene shows them ruling as the desert's warrior-kings.

: Interesting... Thanks, Sand People Carving.

: No problem, Jolune.

: What Master Eriz saw wasn't mystical at all-- it was a carving made by the Sand People.

: A carving? Master Eriz never mentioned a carving on those walls. What did it show?

: Let's see if I can explain this...

: I'm listening...

: Tatooine used to be nice, and the Sand People and the Jawas lived in harmony with two other extinct races back then... That's it. Huh. Guess I could explain it.

: I have a hard time believing Master Eriz would do anything so cockeyed as working with the Sand People. At least the Jawas are good for droid repair.

: He said it himself-- he saw the vision on the wall and went to find the ultimate warriors.

: Wait... what did you say the symptoms of this thing were? Delusions, paranoia, violence?

: And saying “the darkness is coming” a lot, yes.

: One group of Sand People has been unusually aggressive lately. Normally, they stick pretty close to their camps. I'm not saying Master Eriz is behind it, but... maybe it's worth looking into.

: There's a farming settlement out at Malcolm's Dunes that's been reporting a lot of Sand People activity. I'll meet you out there. I know some of those folks, and I can help your investigation.

: I thought you weren't supposed to go out into the desert?

: Says who? Bunch of doctors never set foot outside of Anchorhead in their lives.

This doesn't come across if you're just reading the text, but Rowan is very wheezy and hoarse when talking in this scene.

: Don't overdo it, Rowan.

: Don't know the meaning of the word, Jedi. See you later.

: Why are we letting Delk come along?

: Like he said, he knows the territory. He'll be able to help us deal with the Sand People.

: What's he going to do, cough on them?

LATER...

: Hey! A sandcrawler! Let's pull over.

: Please, not more Jawas.

: I'm tired and sweaty and the speeder is starting to smell like burning plastic. We're stopping here.

: A trade post... Looks like they've had trouble.

: Disinfectant's in the shed. Corpse shovel's out back.

: Care to tell me what's wrong?

: What's it look like? Sand People raid. Ten, maybe fifteen dead. More injured. We've gotta stop this.

: I won't send our boys into a slaughter-- they're farmers, not soldiers.

: So don't. But when someone who can help comes by, ask them to-- 'stead of getting them to play doctor and mortician.

: Jerol, how could we pay? I'm sure there's much more important--

: It's obvious we can't do this ourselves. The Sand People don't fear us, and every time we turn our backs, they sweep in.

: Also, you don't actually need to pay Jedi. We're a non-profit organisation.

: Oh... fine. It can't hurt. The Sand People make camp not far from here. If you can reduce their numbers, they'll think twice about attacking again.

: The Force will be with me.

: See? I knew someone would be willing to help us. Come back here when you've taught those Sand People a lesson.

: So, we're off to wipe out the natives?

: You heard what Rowan said, the Sand People have become more violent since Master Eriz went rogue. We need to put this right.

: This looks like a moisture farm... I wonder if there are any survivors?

: Hope you're not planning on settling out here. These parts ain't too friendly to humans. Well, to anyone who ain't one of those blasted Sand People.

: Yes, I noticed. Did you know there's a small army camped on your patio?

: Aw hell, they still there?

: Do you need protection?

: Naw. We've built our homes well. We're safe enough inside.

: You're okay with never leaving your house?

: ...I've got this LP I'm trying to finish.

: …

: ...All we need is someone who can drive the beasts back long enough to repair our vaporators. Long as we're getting fresh water, we can wait 'em out. Otherwise, dry season'll kill us off before the Sand People ever do.

: Tatooine has seasons other than dry season?

: Thank you, Master Jedi. I take back everything I ever said about your order.

: ...Wait, I'm not sure about helping you now.

: You've just got to get past the Sand People camped outside all our vaporators, wiggle the switch a few times and make sure they're working.

: Hey, Tharan! Do your thing.

: I have qualifications in exotech engineering from the most prestigious institutes of learning in the galaxy, and you're asking me to fix a vaporator? It's akin to asking a chef to make a bacon sandwich, or a flautist to play the kazoo, or a political scientist to describe the Empire.

: Make machine go, Tharan. Please? Pleeeeeeease? You're ever so smart.

: I'm not so easily manipulated.

: Yes you are.

: ...Fine... Done. Loose wires. Now, let's go tell the shut-in he doesn't have to leave the house for another year, then we can get out of here.

SO THEY DID...

: Thank you. I'll think of you the next time I have a shower. Well, you know what I mean.

: Ooo! Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

: It is definitely just you.

: Just... water's our life here. And you've given it back to us. And it looks like you've got the whole camp of those sand-rats on the run!

: We've pushed back the Sand People, for now. Better tell Dak and Jerol.

: Looks like that won't be a concern after all, Dak-- look who's back.

: Me! I'm back.

: Did you drive those Sand People off-- teach 'em not to mess with our settlements?

: The Sand People won't be bothering you anymore.

LS/DS decision- take the poor farmer's money or let them keep it?

: You need the credits far more than I do.

: Well, then we're doubly grateful.

: Hurrah, hurrah. We've saved the inhabitants of Godknowswhere, Tatooine from the consequences of their own poor life choices. Now, can we get moving?

: Poor life choices?

: In a galaxy of infinite possibility, they choose to live on Tatooine. That says something.

: Some people have no other option. Some people have legacies to uphold. Some people just really, really like sand.

*mipmip* *mipmip*

: Seetoo? Why are you calling?

: Master, I regret to inform you that Qyzen Fess, friend to us all, is dead.

: What!?

: Well, probably dead. He left the ship and headed out into the Dune Sea. His speeder disappeared off sensors not long after. Would you like me to sell off his possessions now, or do you want to pick out the best stuff for yourself first?

: Why would he head into the Dune Sea alone?

: Who can say? Inscrutable lizard urges, probably.

: ...Right. Fine. Thanks... Don't sell any of his stuff.

: Of course not. Put it back, F1-X1... Yes! All of it! ...Take care, Master. *bzzt*

: Now what?

: I need to go find Qyzen. What if he's hurt or in trouble or something?

: And the mission?

: You and Holiday go on to Malcolm's Dunes...

: We can meet Malcolm! … Who is Malcolm anyway?

: ...and investigate what's happening out there. I'll catch up once I've got Qyzen.

: There's no satellite coverage out in the Dune Sea, you know. No comms, no emergency shuttles, no rescue if you get lost.

: I'll be fine. The Force is with me.

: It'd better be.

NEXT TIME: The Man in Black

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Bantha posted:

Domestication of the bantha has become vital to survival on Tatooine and other colonized worlds. Intelligent and reliable creatures, they can be trained as pack animals, passenger carriers and even war mounts. When needed, banthas also serve as a source of sustenance. Their meat and milk are edible, and a single bantha can provide weeks’ worth of food. Bantha skin and fur can be made into leather and clothing, and their horns are often carved into tools or jewelry. A lumbering Houk bounty hunter reluctantly gained the nickname “Bantha” Boskirn after performing several jobs on Tatooine. Boskirn’s career was cut short when he angrily pulled his blaster on a smuggler who mocked him for the name; Boskirn was unfortunately too slow on the draw.

Inferior fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 14, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

He's probably just gone to sun himself on some rocks. Maybe fallen in love with a dewback or something.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Probably playing poker with a krayt dragon.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
He just went to chill with Mako and grab a couple Juma Juices. Trendoshans get antsy in starships.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #040
Stardate: What's big, brown, covered in hair and just signed on to my crew?

Drooga'd parked his flying party on the edge of Shadow Town. I have no idea what the fun in watching miserable Imperial prisoners is, but if anyone would give it a shot it'd be Drooga.

It seemed like his party was finally winding down. Maybe it was his choice of venue. Maybe even Hutts need to sleep some time?

Point is, the last time we got in front of Drooga, there was just the hardcore partiers left. Time to wrap things up.

Recommended for tying up loose ends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsDiJP_zce8

quote:

Quinine: Did the female shanjaru fly here?

Ga'ram: The repulsorlift cage made a dramatic entrance during the twenty-seventh course.

Ga'ram: The great feastmaster was excessively delighted by his female specimen's return. As we assured you, his interest in your shanjaru is renewed.

Ga'ram: Drooga has already contacted your associate to arrange the details.

quote:

Drooga the Hutt: At last, I have a matching set of shanjaru! The only surviving male and female of an entire species are all mine!

Quinine: You could repopulate the galaxy. Give the beasts a second chance.

Drooga the Hutt: Why would I do that? They're a failed species. They deserve to become extinct!

I'd be careful with that failed species talk, Drooga. Try putting a Hutt and a shanjaru in the same cage, see who goes extinct.

quote:

Drooga the Hutt: I've sent your starship engine to the spaceport, beautiful Risha. Come – celebrate our deal!

Risha: Love to, but I need to install that prototype engine. Maybe next time?

After all the trouble Risha's deal put me through, it was only fair I make her squirm a little too.

quote:

Drooga the Hutt: The next time you come to Nar Shaddaa, beautiful Risha, I'll expect you to dance with me.

Risha: It's a date, Drooga. Come see me when you're ready to lift off, Captain.

quote:

Bowdaar: You poisoned me, Hutt!

Ga'ram: The Wookie's final performance begins.

I know, I know. I figured even a Hutt had standards.

quote:

Ga'ram: If by “free” you mean dead, then yes.

Ga'ram: The gambler refuses to repay his debt to Drooga, so the Wookie is now property of the Great Feastmaster.

quote:

Drooga the Hutt: Will the gundark swallow the Wookie whole, or chew? If he chews, how many bites will it take? Such drama!

Quinine: This isn't entertainment, it's an execution. How much to get Bowdaar off the hook?

Drooga the Hutt: Credits no longer interest me, only drama! Prepare for death, mighty Bowdaar!

Quinine: This is about to get real ugly for you.

I was this close to just blasting Drooga already, but much as I wouldn't miss him the Cartel would. I'd rather not be blacklisted from Hutt worlds just yet, if I can avoid it.

Nobody was in a hurry to stop us from backing Bowdaar, though. Maybe the Cartel guards didn't like the idea of getting between a Wookie and a gundark, or maybe they figured two dirty spacers would barely make for an appetizer on the beast's way to a Wookie main course.

No idea what gave them that idea.

Gotta give Bowdaar credit, even poisoned he doesn't give up easily.

So, fighting gundarks. Everybody always talks about their big, stupid ears, but in a fight they don't really count for much. It's the giant clawed fists and mouth big enough to bite your head clean off you need to keep your eye on.

If you can, bring a Wookie – they're strong enough to take a gundark's punch to the chest and keep going, or stick a vibrosword straight through their hide. Failing that, find a close friend and put them in the finest merc armour (some) money can buy, and promise to buy the next round if he survives the beating.

It wasn't easy, but sure enough the three of us brought the gundark down. Corso wheezed something out about clipping off its ears for a necklace, but I figured we'd want to get out of Drooga's lair as fast as possible after killing his favorite pet.

We wouldn't be leaving alone, though.

quote:

Quinine: Bowdaar is under my protection.

Drooga the Hutt: You and this Wookie are boring and expensive to maintain! Get out of my sight, both of you!

Much as having my own Wookie sidekick sounded like the best muscle a smuggler could ask for, I'm no slaver. Bowdaar'd more than earned the chance to make his own decisions.

quote:

Quinine: My life is full of trouble, Bowdaar. If you want to tag along, that's your choice.

Bowdaar: There is no choice. You set Bowdaar free.

Works for me!

Corso tried to be a downer, but I think he's got a soft spot for the big guy too. And if the smell's really a problem, he could always try giving Bowdaar a bath. I could probably sell tickets to that fight.

quote:

Bowdaar: Bowdaar defends and honors you, friend. Always.

Ga'ram: We do not understand the value you place on this beast, but we will see to it he reaches your starship safely.

And one last reminder that Ga'ram's as much a slug as his big, slug-shaped master before we leave.

Believe me, buddy, we cross paths again and we'll just see who gets “stimulated”.

Wait, hold on, that didn't come out right. Glad I didn't say that one out loud.

So that's it for Nar Shaddaa, right? I'd taken care of Republic interests, gotten Risha's engine, offloaded a smelly beast and picked up a slightly less smelly Wookie – seems like a job well done. Well, at least done.

Not quite, turns out.

And cue the panic in three, two...

Recommended for one of the great dangers to the spacer lifestyle - commitment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvAy81qwbs

quote:

Quinine: What are you doing here?

Azalie: I tracked down your docking bay number. I knew you'd come back here eventually.

Azalie: Didn't the hours we spent together mean anything to you?

Quinine: This were some of the best hours of my life.

If you've ever wanted to see what I look like with my mouth running ahead of my brain, this is it.

And this is why I really need to start showing more some discretion. Can you imagine Azalie living on a smuggler freighter? Or me going to meet her CEO father? Of course, trying to explain that now would be a little cold. Thank the Force I came up with another out.

quote:

Quinine: I don't want you getting hurt.

Azalie: I... I understand. You lead a dangerous life, don't you?

Azalie: You wanted to protect me, and it was too painful to say goodbye. That's what you're trying to tell me?

Quinine: This is for the best. Trust me.

Corso's swearing up and down that one chop-shop doc was right, I must be a Jedi in disguise. Even without a mind trick, my silver tongue can usually get me out of whatever trouble it also gets me into. Still though, yeesh, this won't go down as one of my prouder memories. Try not to fall for the next guy like me you meet, Azalie.

That run-in with Azalie was the perfect capstone to my time on Nar Shaddaa. Just goes to show you that below the glitzy neon lights and bright colours there's an endless supply of murder, war, torture and clingy stalkers.

Away from this city of temptation and depravity! Let's go spread that stuff around somewhere new. I don't know where Risha's sending us next, but whatever nightmare hole she's got in store for us at least the trip'll give me time to get Bowdaar settled in. I think I'll start by asking him to put C2-N2's arms back on.

##End Log##

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Dolash posted:

Corso's swearing up and down that one chop-shop doc was right, I must be a Jedi in disguise. Even without a mind trick, my silver tongue can usually get me out of whatever trouble it also gets me into.

Well played, sir. :golfclap:

Just how many places did it get into with that woman we wonder....

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ah, Bowdaar. Where would smugglers be without a Wookiee companion? It's a bit anoying that Smugglers get two tank companions in a row but I'll take the Wookiee over the gun-nut every day.

It's too bad that you probably spent the last 20 levels or so gearing up Corso and have to start over with Bowdaar though. Still :wookie:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ahh, Gundarks. It's amusing to see a Dromund Kaas trash mob used as the boss of a story arc.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ahh, Gundarks. It's amusing to see a Dromund Kaas trash mob used as the boss of a story arc.

Hey, what about Sith? They're the boss of every Jedi story arc and Dromund Kaas is full of 'em! :downsrim:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dooky Dingo posted:

Hey, what about Sith? They're the boss of every Jedi story arc and Dromund Kaas is full of 'em! :downsrim:

If there's one thing they handle somewhat well, it's the pacing of how you're introduced to Jedi and Sith enemies. Up until Alderaan you very rarely see any Jedi or Sith nameless NPCs just wandering around for you to kill, they're mostly used as bosses and important plot opponents. Esseles ended with four of us fighting one Sith apprentice, and the Sith Quinine fights on Nar Shaddaa is just a mind-broken Jedi who wants to be beaten up, not really a Dark Lord.

Jedi and Sith slowly going from seriously powerful, to peers, to the chaff you cut through on your way to the real opposition does a good job of making you appear to become stronger and more important.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Dolash posted:

If there's one thing they handle somewhat well, it's the pacing of how you're introduced to Jedi and Sith enemies. Up until Alderaan you very rarely see any Jedi or Sith nameless NPCs just wandering around for you to kill, they're mostly used as bosses and important plot opponents. Esseles ended with four of us fighting one Sith apprentice, and the Sith Quinine fights on Nar Shaddaa is just a mind-broken Jedi who wants to be beaten up, not really a Dark Lord.

Jedi and Sith slowly going from seriously powerful, to peers, to the chaff you cut through on your way to the real opposition does a good job of making you appear to become stronger and more important.

While I generally tend to agree with this, there are a few times while playing a Jedi that I always wondered why a Jedi knight or "Master" was asking a padawan/knight to handle tasks that they couldn't? When I'm level 30 and the Jedi counsel is calling me one of the strongest Jedi in the universe, I begin to be very worried about the Republic's chances for survival...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dooky Dingo posted:

While I generally tend to agree with this, there are a few times while playing a Jedi that I always wondered why a Jedi knight or "Master" was asking a padawan/knight to handle tasks that they couldn't? When I'm level 30 and the Jedi counsel is calling me one of the strongest Jedi in the universe, I begin to be very worried about the Republic's chances for survival...

Like most Star Wars stories, TOR is about the people who wreck the curve.

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
Remember, you're technically one of the kaleidoscope of 'special snowflakes' that ToR presents as the eight characters. From an in-universe perspective, there is a grand total of eight great prodigies, who eventually meet up and wreck things. Those eight are the 'most powerful of their kind in XXX'.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

CHAPTER 35: VISION OF THE FUTURE

Previously posted:

The hunter QYZEN FESS has gone missing somewhere in the DUNE SEA of TATOOINE. His friend, the Jedi JOLUNE MOL'NEUX, desperately searches the desert, hoping to find him before the wastes can claim him. But there are strange and terrible things that live in the deep desert, and it is no place to travel ALONE...

: ...I mean, the desert's not that big.

: Finding Qyzen won't be too hard.

: This shouldn't take long.

: I am definitely not going around in circles.

: ...Where does it end? Where are you, Qy-

*HRRRRRRRRRRRR*

: ?

: Ahh!

: Oh come on! My speeder! Who sells a speeder that can't withstand a little... large amount of sand?

EARLIER...

: Um... I- I quite like the blue one. It looks least like a lawnmower.

: The Rendili Protector! An excellent choice; stylish and reliable, ideal for a Jedi of your... frame. I am legally obliged to inform you that the Rendili Protector is not certified for use in the following hazardous environmental conditions: high humidity, low humidity, high temperatures, low temperatures, high gravity, low gravity, zero gravity, sandstorms, submerged in water, submerged in acid, submerged in blood, exposed to the vacuum of space, exposed to the core of a planet, exposed to the Senate Transport Safety Commission, near the event horizon of a Class-9 Black Hole, near an active lava flow, near the Nexu enclosure at Axial Park zoo, within ten thousand light years of any ancient Sith burial chambers. The Rendili Transport Corporation takes no responsibility for any maiming, mutilation or death that may result from operating the vehicle in an uncertified area. Now will that be cash or credit?

NOW...

: I just need to walk away from the suns... That'll lead me towards Outpost Thorazen... I think.

LATER...

: ...I wish I'd brought more water...

MUCH LATER...

: ...why... is... it... so... hot?

: those were really stupid last words

: ...of course, the philosopher Pandrus believed that sand was entropy made physical...

: ...it's a lot like being drunk you know, time and memory mean nothing in the desert...

: ...someone is walking slowly towards you...

: ::Awaken::

: ...Master Eriz?

: Why do you ask that?

: I have Force Sight... you're all sort of... glowy... with the Light Side, like a Jedi Master. A sane Jedi Master, at least.

: Has there ever been such a thing as a sane Jedi Master?

: :catstare:

: That was a kōan.

:

: Call me Master Timmns. You'll have to excuse me, I rather enjoy being insufferably smug and irritating.

: ...I'm Jolune Mol'neux.

: So, what brings you all the way out here?

: I'm looking for a friend.

:

: OK, there are these places called “cantinas” where young people go to meet other young peo-

: I MEAN I am searching for a friend who's gone missing in the desert. What are you doing out here, Master?

: Building sandcastles.

: Really.

: Really. I'm very good at it.

:

: Also, the locals say some sort of terrible monster lurks in the Desert of the Real. Ancient evil, prophecy of doom, end of the world, lone hero, etc etc. You know how it goes. I need to find it and kill it before it reduces this planet to a wasteland... More of a wasteland.

: A heroic quest... Need any help?

: No.

: ...Are you sure?

: :rolleyes:

: Of course I could use the assistance of a young Jedi Knight who has no idea what she's doing in a desert environment. Did you even read the survival brochures?.

: Miralukan. No eyes.

: Oh, right, right. I can't see a thing in this helmet.

: And I didn't come out here completely unprepared. I had a hat.

:

: It... er... it got stolen. By a womp rat.

: :ughh:

: N-never mind that, I can help you fight this ancient evil thing. I mean, I owe you for saving my life.

: You're not a wookiee. You don't have to swear a life debt to me. Besides, don't you have a friend to find?

: I have as much chance finding him with you as I do on my own.

: ...Fine. But don't slow me down.

AND SO...

: You're kidding me.

: I wish I was.

: ”Izzebowe Jeef”!? He was actually called “Izzebowe Jeef”!?

: I guess it was hatred of his parents that drove him to career in soothsayering. Anyway, he told me that Tatooine was once rich in the Force, and Jedi made pilgrimages here long ago.

: I have a hard time believing anyone would ever come here willingly. The days are too hot, the nights are too cold, and the most popular local pastime is bantha tipping.

: Bantha tipping is pretty awesome though.

:

: You've gone native.

:

: That's a disturbing thought.

: What do you plan to do after this?

: Back to war. Death, destruction, revenge. Sandcastles.

: More violence... Well, except for the sandcastles part. Unless that's a metaphor for something.

: Violence is what the Jedi are all about. Y- We usually find nicer ways of describing it though.

: That's not... Wait, something is...

: There it is. Shai-Hulud. Ready?

: Honest answer? No.

: It has a lot of teeth... Why does it need so many teeth?

: Don't be afraid. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

: Is this really the right time for Dune references?!

: Look around you.

: ...Point taken.

: This is disappointingly easy. Out of all the ancient evils I've fought, I'd give this one a C-.

: aaaaaakkklllakaaa

: I think you hurt its feelings.

: I'm quite a heartbreaker.

:

: That was a joke.

:

: It's funny because I've just crushed its hear-

*WHUMP*

: Master?!

: I meant to do that.

: Then it worked very well.

: I aim to impress. Now could you please get it off me?

: That was amazing! We really killed it!

: Yes, if by “we” you mean me.

: I- I tried. I did hit it a few times with my lightsaber.

: About that... Your lightsaber is unusual for a Jedi. Where did you get the power crystal?

: It's... It's a long story.

: ...Forget it then. Long stories bore me. We're done here anyway.

A SILENT WALK LATER...

: We go our separate ways now.

: What is this place?

: This is the home of Master Yonlach, part-time brainwasher and full-time crazy old hermit. He might be able to help you find your friend.

: Well, thanks for everyth- Qyzen!

: Qyzen! Where have you been?!

: Here. Speaking with Old Yonlach. Know him from past. Had questions about desert.

: I was worried! You didn't tell anyone!

: It... private matter... How did you find me?

: I got help from Master Timmns! He saved my life, and then we talked about sandcastles and killed a giant worm together!

: He led you here?

: Yup. Look, he's up on that ridge.

: But... is no one there.

:

: Wait, what?

NEXT TIME: Qyzen tells us about bones, Tharan tells us about Malcolms, and Holiday averts her eyes.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Womp Rat posted:

Carnivorous rodents native to Tatooine, womp rats are a menace to any permanent settlement. They reproduce at a staggering rate and are known to stalk urban alleyways and remote moisture farms alike, prompting some authorities to maintain a standing bounty on the creatures. Vicious and ill-tempered, they prefer meals of organic debris and runoff–but even lone womp rats will attack any creature that gets too close, often spreading virulent disease. When found in the desert, womp rats also hunt in packs, emerging from burrows and swarming their unfortunate victims in a flurry of claws and teeth. A dozen womp rats can overwhelm a full-grown dewback in just a few seconds, and larger packs regularly feast on fresh bantha.
BONUS VIDEO:Let's you and him fight

Inferior fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 13, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Now that's a vision quest! Too bad Jolune is blind, if she could've seen the colour of "Timmns"'s robes, she might've suspected something was out of place. What was that giant worm, anyway? I don't think I've seen it before.

It's actually almost a pity they didn't work some survival mechanic into some of the harsher environments of the game. Tatooine, for example, is satisfyingly vast and wasteland-like, with huge stretches of empty desert.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Dolash posted:

Now that's a vision quest! Too bad Jolune is blind, if she could've seen the colour of "Timmns"'s robes, she might've suspected something was out of place. What was that giant worm, anyway? I don't think I've seen it before.

Think they have random champion critters running around that you can get an achievement for beating up; know I've killed that one before (with my lvl 55 BH doing the GSI stuff, so not exactly a long fight).

quote:

It's actually almost a pity they didn't work some survival mechanic into some of the harsher environments of the game. Tatooine, for example, is satisfyingly vast and wasteland-like, with huge stretches of empty desert.

Gah, no, the only thing worse than driving over looooong empty stretches of terrain would be running out of supplies or whatever while doing it and dying because you can't see the drat route you need from the map. There's enough reason to despise the "wilderness" areas in-game as is.

Albis09
Apr 30, 2013

Dead yeti-gain
Hmmm, this Master Timmns wears pretty dark clothes for a Jedi not to mention his mentality, and he swings two lightsabers. And that helmet looks familiar as well as his smugness...
He also knew of Master Yonlach...

Who could he have been, we might never know :confused:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There are the world bosses, though I don't know if that particular worm was one. Also, mother fricking sandcastles man. Stupid force users have it so easy with their telekinesis and what not.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Isn't that Darth Jadus's hat?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My, my, what a mystery. Who could our light-sided force user dedicated to death and destruction be... :allears:
Great update.

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
That's strange, my Warrior was on tatooine doing routine checks of force users around that area, and he didn't see any other light sided force users....

It is a mystery for the ages.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

On the flip side, however, Jesus Christ, all black clothes in a desert with two suns? How the poo poo is he not being COOKED ALIVE?!
Yeah, yeah, I know, "The Force", air conditioned helmet, blah blah blah, but seriously, the amount of heat those robes are absorbing could probably power most of Mos Ila for a week.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dooky Dingo posted:

On the flip side, however, Jesus Christ, all black clothes in a desert with two suns? How the poo poo is he not being COOKED ALIVE?!
Yeah, yeah, I know, "The Force", air conditioned helmet, blah blah blah, but seriously, the amount of heat those robes are absorbing could probably power most of Mos Ila for a week.

Black in the desert acts counter-intuitively.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1886/does-black-clothing-keep-you-cooler posted:

What this means is relatively straightforward: black clothing absorbs sunlight and the heat radiating from your body, but if it is loose-fitting, and there is wind, the wind convects the heat away faster than it is absorbed. White clothing reflects sunlight, but also reflects internal heat back towards your body, so the net effect under identical conditions is less cooling than if you wore black.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Black in the desert acts counter-intuitively.

EVERYTHING I KNOW IN LIFE IS A LIE! :psyboom:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dooky Dingo posted:

That's the desert for you. Plus you don't want too much skin exposure out there, so robes help a lot on that end as well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dooky Dingo posted:

My old physics textbook (Halladay/Resnik/Walker) has little "discussion questions" at the front of each chapter, and the one for Thermo was about Middle-Eastern nomad tribes wearing black. It didn't tell us WHY though, leaving that as a question for the reader, and it stumped every single one of us including the professor. Always stuck in my head after that, though I keep needing to re look up why.

As for my own desert experiences I just kept to the shade. When it's not humid it can be a good 20 degrees cooler out of direct sun.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Dolash posted:

What was that giant worm, anyway? I don't think I've seen it before.
Champion level mobs that wander around the "Desert of the Real" (love that name) area in the south of the Dune Sea. They're strong enough to turn Jolune on her own into paste, but "Timmns" didn't have much problem with them. They aren't the World Boss, that's Trapjaw, who is big and stupid-looking and spends most of his time these days getting farmed by level 55s.

Dolash posted:

It's actually almost a pity they didn't work some survival mechanic into some of the harsher environments of the game.
This is an ideal opportunity to talk about something really stupid. In Jundland (the starting desert area of Tatooine) there are many moisture vaporators scattered around. Some of them can be interacted with, and they give you a "Refreshed and Sustained" buff with flavour text suggested you've quenched your thirst and are ready to face Tatooine's heat. The buff seemingly does nothing though, you're no more effective in combat on Tatooine with it, and the "exhaustion zones" (areas of Tatooine where the heat kills you, they act as invisible walls for the quest areas) are just as lethal as before.

So, what's the buff for?

The answer is stupid.

The other answer is even stupider.
(step 3: you travel to a mountain on Hoth to freeze the water...)

Inferior fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 13, 2013

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Inferior posted:

This is an ideal opportunity to talk about something really stupid. In Jundland (the starting desert area of Tatooine) there are many moisture vaporators scattered around. Some of them can be interacted with, and they give you a "Refreshed and Sustained" buff with flavour text suggested you've quenched your thirst and are ready to face Tatooine's heat. The buff seemingly does nothing though, you're no more effective in combat on Tatooine with it, and the "exhaustion zones" (areas of Tatooine where the heat kills you, they act as invisible walls for the zones) are just as lethal as before.

So, what's the buff for?

The answer is stupid.

The other answer is even stupider.
(step 3: you travel to a mountain on Hoth to freeze the water...)

And now you know why people were selling these items in the space auction house, for millions of credits each.

Personally, I love poo poo like this. I love any game that gives you some worthless, innocuous little item, but if you stick it out and trade it for some doo-hickey, then a whatzit, then a dodad, you get the secret ultimate weapon. Obviously that's not the case here as it's effectively a pet bird and a new pair of pumps for your cyber Barbie doll, but still.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The grappling hook Mort bought on Alderaan is absolutely vital to getting the a datacron that gives +10 to every stat that's hidden in the Imperial Fleet in the endgame, so there's at least a reasonable amount of this going around.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sometimes I worry that as a fairly casual player of the actual gameplay portions of SWTOR, ignoring all these datacrons and stat boosting items and such means I'm falling behind the expected power for my character's level. That can make advancing in the game a real pain.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
You're not. I think combined the datacrons give about a +25 to all stats at level 50, which is basically nothing. The only ones worth bothering with are the ones that give +endurance, +presence, and the one stat that your class uses.

Also the matrix shards, because the shard relics are actually really good.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

video posted:

[Jolune] says: insult saber fighting
[Jolune] says: YOU FIGHT LIKE A COW

I think you'll find the only proper way to insult fight in Star Wars is thus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXg2a5CNPs&t=19s

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Honestly, even without the benefits of Mort's experience, I would say that there has never been such a thing as a sane Jedi master. "Sane" is a relative term, and even in the Republic pretty much everyone outside the Jedi Order thinks that Jedi themselves are... shall we say, of exceptional mental state?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Glazius posted:

Honestly, even without the benefits of Mort's experience, I would say that there has never been such a thing as a sane Jedi master. "Sane" is a relative term, and even in the Republic pretty much everyone outside the Jedi Order thinks that Jedi themselves are... shall we say, of exceptional mental state?

Well, the Jedi try not to be attached to anything, and what do you call somebody without any attachment to reality?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain’s Log, entry #041
Stardate: Space is the place

Good to be hitting the spacelanes again. We should be heading for Tatooine to wrap up the next of Risha's deals, but we're making a quick detour. I'll get to that in a minute, first I had to check how Risha was coming along with that new engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bXxQw0s3E

quote:

Quinine: Where did you learn to be a starship mechanic?

Risha: At my father's knee. He was the best.

Weird to imagine Risha with a father, I figured they chiseled her out of carbonite one day. Still, starship mechanic's an honest job. Everybody did something before they start living the life.

quote:

Risha: This prototype is really something. You'll find your ship is a lot more maneuverable.

Risha: I noticed we have a new addition to the crew. Wookies are always good for extra muscle. Is this one friendly?

I gotta admit, she took to living with a Wookie pretty well. Some girls might get a little spooked sleeping in close quarters with a big, hairy beast, but then again she'd been sleeping in the cargo hold next to the shanjaru ever since I met her, so she's probably pretty used to it.

quote:

Risha: Really? Because an angry Wookie can come in handy.

Risha: It's funny that a Hutt is helping us find Nok Drayen's treasures. Nok used to terrify the Cartel.

Quinine: You know a lot about this obscure gangster.

Risha: Obscure gangster? People have written massive holochronicles about him. Not my fault you've been living under a rock.

Risha's weird crush on the dead crime lord continues. I'm not really the holochronicle-reading type, unless someone leaves one in the latrine.

I'm calling that bluff. No one, not the Emperor himself, could kill half the Cartel single-handed. Half the Cartel doesn't even live within a day's travel of each other, unless you blew up Hutta (and managed to take out Nar Shaddaa with the debris).

quote:

Risha: The surviving Cartel members gave Nok control over an entire galactic quadrant as a gesture of respect. The Hutts never took it back.

Quinine: Who runs the territory now that Nok is dead?

Risha: The crime bosses who tried to take over... all died under mysterious circumstances.

I know what you're supposed to think – Nok Drayen's ghost is haunting a galactic quadrant, killing gangsters. Truth is, most gangsters' lifespans are measured in months, not years, it's easy enough to believe Nok's power vacuum just let them take each other out.

Risha's turning out to be quite the partner. Skilled mechanic, savvy businesswoman, criminologist, beautiful, ruthless... I don't think I've worked with anybody quite like her before. There's bound to be a catch, a bump in the road coming my way, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Speaking of, I've got one new crew member along for it. Figured I should check in with Bowdaar and see how he's adjusting to life as a free Wook.

Recommended for a first taste of freedom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kseTCAG3I7k

quote:

Quinine: No one's going to force you to risk your life in the ring again.

Bowdaar: Bowdaar likes you, small man. I will fight well for you.

Bowdaar: But for honor, not to entertain a Hutt!

Quinine: Well, enjoy your freedom. I saved you the big bunk.

Bowdaar: Last ship, I was in the slaves' quarters.

I feel weird taking Bowdaar's gratitude. He more than earned his freedom, and shouldn't have to feel like he owes me anything. I tried to tell him if he wanted to go start a new life he could, but I guess being a gladiator's all he's ever known. At least with me he can get into the right kind of fights – or get me out of them.

Still, I figured maybe Bowdaar deserved something to help celebrate his new liberty. Didn't seem right having him wear his old gladiator threads around now that he's a free Wookie, so with C2-N2's help I managed to stitch together something new for him.

He seems to like it. Kept his old gladiator gear, maybe in case he starts feeling sentimental. Once we start making credits again and he gets his cut, maybe we can find him something a little more classy.

After all that I was planning to set a course to Tatooine and get down to business, but Corso came running up to me with big news.

quote:

Corso: He's a street doctor in Coruscant. Kind of a shady character, but that's who Rona always drifted to.

Corso: I think he can really get us to her, but...

Come on, Corso, you need to start sticking up for yourself a little more.

quote:

Corso: Thank you, Captain. After some of the stuff we've done...

Corso: I'm just saying it'd have to be one ugly mission to be worth turning down a chance to see my cousin.

There probably won't even be any Imperial Commandos or Sith Lords, how bad could it possibly be?

So that's the full story. We're heading back to Coruscant to see if we can't find Corso's long lost cousin. Risha tried to complain we'd be falling behind Skavak, but I just had to say it was a family matter. She seemed to take that serious enough.

After Taris and Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant should feel like a breath of freshly recycled air. Let's get to it.

##End Log##

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's not ever going to come up that crime lords are falling over left and right and the one suspiciously long-lived survivor is calling it the ghost of Nok Drayen?

That seems like a neat plot element.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Tatooine Update 3: Something, something Womp Rats, something something Beggars Canyon.

Begin Recording

Outside yet another militia base on Tatooine.

: For a planet with no actual armed forces and no government it has one hell of a lot of militia bases. Fauler and Kamus should be around here somewhere.

: This is the place... lets see what they want us to do now.

: Try to appreciate the scenery, Kamus Most people never get to visit a place like this.

: This is a horrible place. No wonder Czerka built their base in the Dune Sea--no one would ever want to look for it here.

: He'll adjust. How was your visit to old man Grommik?

: A droid army tried to kill me and then a crazy cyborg tried to bury me in sand. So about the usual.

: Too much to hope we'd seen the last of him. Mind if I see what you got for your troubles?

Kamus examines the Datapad...

: These are official Czerka records from Secret Weapons Division 7.

: Schematics, survey maps--looks like Grommik came through for us. Don't go anywhere--I think we're going to need you.

Time passes...

: ...all right. We should be able to determine a rough location of the base from these charts. Problem is, the sands have shifted over the last few decades. We'll need some geo-readings to determine the facility's exact coordinates.

: We need to deal with Czerka.

: I agree but Czerka's out of our reach. Our goal should be to rediscover their base before they do. The data isn't hard to get, in theory. I can give you a field scanner that'll dip into the stand, put us on track. But.. a lot of this territory is unexplored. Locals talk about Sand People communities, kray dragons the size of starships.
:After zombie apocalypses, cybernetic hordes and insane sand people tribes the native wildlife is the last thing I need to worry about.

: Can't argue with that. If you take reading in a couple of places, I can figure out the base location. Meet me back here when you're done. Take it slow and be careful.

:Might take a while though, my lightsaber has a date with a Sith

:I don't even want to ask...

Later outside a Desert Cave

Video Version

: This is the place,

: I can't wait, A duel out of a story a valiant and honourable duel to determine the fate of a planet between the best the Jedi and the Sith have to offer.

:I'm going to cheat.

: :(

: I sense your power. Now I understand why Tarnis was no match for you. His death was my failure. I should've trained him better.

: The student died easily. I expect his teacher will, too.

:Tarnis was young. He underestimated you. I won't. I welcome the end of your kind. The Jedi obsession with my people's extermination must end. Your lust for revenge will destroy this galaxy.

: *Waves Hand* You don't want this world to be destroyed. Help me save it.

: I don't want this world to be destroyed. I will help you save it.

: Now give me the code so I can deactivate the Shock Drum.

: I will give you the code to deactivate the Shock Drum. I also have other things you may find helpful...

*Hands over the code*

: Wait... wait... what have you done? I approached you with honor, and you tricked me! How dare you?

::smugdog: If you mind wasn't so weak, it wouldn't have been so easy.

: I lowered my guard. Never again. Come let us end this. Die well, Jedi

: Such skill. So much power. Impressive. You could be a great Sith if you embraced the dark side.

: Perhaps that's how I beat you.

::aaa:

: Then my defeat stings much less. Darth Angral commanded me to destroy the Shock Drum code. He wanted you to die in failure, no matter the outcome here. I will not tarnish my honor with petty tricks. You've earned better. The code is yours.

: If you think that will buy you mercy, guess again.

: A warrior never regrets death. Only dishonor. Darth Angral ordered that Master Kiwiiks suffer greatly before her death. I wish I had disobeyed that order, as well.

: You expect me to believe you care what happens to a Jedi?

: She faced me as a warrior. She should die as one. I left her incapacitated next to your weapon, If they haven't already, the ultrasonic vibrations will eventually tear her apart.

: You scum! You should die like that.

: There is nothing more to say. You won our duel. Finish me.

: Killing you will give me great satisfaction.

: I am ready. May the Force be with you.

: The Sith changed the deactivation code for the Shock Drum, but I have the new one. I'm on my way.

: You're not there yet? Brrik and his family are in terrible danger. They followed their droids to the mining complex. I tried to stop them, but they were determined to help you. Brrik just sent an emergency holo. He says there's something called a Sand Demon at the mine. It's attacking them.

: The Sith hid your superweapon in the mine without this beast interfering. What changed?

: I don't know. Maybe the shock Drum's vibrations enraged it. Attracted it there. That beastly predator is the only thing that hunts krayt dragons--and those are massive! Brrik doesn't stand a chance. Please, you can't let anything happen to Brrik and his family. Save them and stop the Shock Drum. Hurry!

: Fine then lets go and rescue the stupid little Jawa.

Later in yet another desert cave...

Another video

: "Boom-boom" making big hole in planet--and Brrik finding more problems! Sand Demon being here! Destroying all Brrrik's droids!

: I can't sense Master Kiwiiks at all anymore.

: Sand demon blocking way to Shock Drum. What Brrik and you doing about it?

: You and your people get the beast's attention. I'll come in behind you and surprise it.

: That sounds like a great way to get these Jawas killed.

: That was a feature not a bug.

: Brrik hating to argue, but Brrik not wanting being dead. You having backup plan?

: Uh whatever, just stay out of my way then.

: After Sand Demon being dead, we helping stop "boom-boom." If you being dead instead... then we all being dead.

SWTOR Codex posted:

Sand Demon

If not for the tall tales of desert nomads and a few grainy satellite reconnaissance images, Tatooine's so-called "Sand Demon" would be considered a myth. Jawas say the Sand Demon is feared by all other life on the planet, including the mighty krayt dragon--for the Sand Demon is the krayt's only predator. Some stories report that the beast is capable of "sand swimming," gliding underneath the surface of the desert as if it were water. Others claim it bores through rock using its hardened, talon-like legs.

Cave paintings suggest the Sand People believe the Sand Demon devours the life essence of its victims, growing stronger and tougher with each kill. They depict stories of centuries-old demons that have become immune to injury, a warning heeded by even the most sceptical outsiders.

: And there it is the Republic's finest superweapon, being used to destroy a worthless planet like Tatooine. The Imperials have no sense of style. You'd think they'd use a planet cracking weapon on somewhere important like Corellia or Alderaan not some Outer Rim shithole.

Enters Shock Drum code :downsrim:

: Quiet, finally... I can breathe again, I've been down here so long....

: Shh, Master. Let us help you.

: Kira.... and Orgus's Padawan. You're both... changed. What has happened?

: Darth Angral wants revenge. He sent his apprentices to attack you and Master Orgus. We must go to Alderaan.

: Forgive me, but I am not much use to anyone. I only survived this weapon by withdrawing into a deep trance. The Force itself became my armor. Sustaining the trance cost me greatly. My strength is a fraction of what it was.

: Do you need medical attention? Because let me tell you there ain't no Obiwanacare on Tatooine.

: The injuries I've sustained can only be healed by time and meditation. I know you've faced terrible dangers for me. I will not forget that.

: Here you are... I was coming to help when sensors indicated the Shock Drum stopped. You did it. Brrik wasn't exaggerating about the Sand Demon. I've never seen anything like it.

: One less nasty beast. It won't be missed.

: Sand Demon eating many of Brrik's relatives. Brrik thinking Jedi great hero!

: My friends, the danger is not yet passed... Even deactivated that weapon remains a threat. You understand the situation best. What should we do?

: If we can get it out of here, this weapon could defeat the Empire.

: I'm sure General Var Suthra can move the Shock Drum somewhere the Sith won't find it.

: I'll have to go with it Brrik. Would you and your family enjoy seeing more of the galaxy?

: Brrik's family following Hare'en anywhere! Exciting!

: I will see to the Shock Drum. You should return to your ship and inform General Var Suthra what's happened.

: I'm leaving you with a lot of responsibility. You'd better be up for it.

: I was a Jedi Master before you were born. I'll be fine.

: Before we go...you need to know something, and I'd rather you hear it from me. I never told you about my childhood. I'm not who you think I am...

<fade to black>

:And then we fought some crazy cyborg and his droid army, and that's pretty much my life story up until about four hours ago.

: So much about you is now clear to me, Kira. But you're wrong about one thing. You are exactly who I think--a strong, capable young woman. One day, you'll be a great Jedi.

: If you could see what she's accomplished, you'd be proud. Even if we're both still a little fuzzy on the whole thou shalt not kill thing.

: We'll meet again on Tython. May the Force be with you.

: Imminent destruction of the planet by an unstoppable superweapon dealt with. Now that just leaves Czerka's mess to clean up. So where were we...

End Recording.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 18, 2013

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Those dinky little bugs eat krayt dragons? Okay then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Two points:

Ferrosol posted:

: Do you need medical attention? Because let me tell you there ain't no Obiwanacare on Tatooine.

:golfclap:

Ferrosol posted:

: I'm sure General Var Suthra can move the Shock Drum somewhere the Sith won't find it.

This time. This time Var Suthra will totally be able to hide this planet-destroying superweapon from the Sith. He doesn't even want to use it!

Although it would be incredible if a later planetary quest could be resolved from the start by "=>Deploy the Shock Drum [+100 DS Points]"

• Locked thread