Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Edit: Ah poo poo my friend didn't want this game, sorry bro.

Palladium fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I posted this on the previous page, there was another guy as well. Can you buy?

beedeebee posted:

I'd like to join in, won't buy though, as I live in Europe and we'd all overpay because for steam €=$.

Add me, I'll be home in 4 hours, if you can wait that long...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/beedeebee/

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I bought a silencer for my pistol and took it off at one time, now I can't put it on again without buying a new one or something(I have to pay a shitload of cash). What gives? Why can't I just attach it again?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Boz0r posted:

I bought a silencer for my pistol and took it off at one time, now I can't put it on again without buying a new one or something(I have to pay a shitload of cash). What gives? Why can't I just attach it again?

Because this is the worst part about this game and that is how it works.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The component is used up or something. It'll probably take less time and money to buy two of the weapon you like and kit one out for stealth.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I'm fairly sure that that's retarded.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
When you start doing harder difficulties $12k isn't a lot of money

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Hezzy posted:

When you start doing harder difficulties $12k isn't a lot of money

Really not relevant though. It's still stupid.

Ed: The one saving grace is that you're probably not going to be switching attachments back and forth often. Or at least I've never had much reason to.

Unsmart fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 14, 2013

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yeah, it's dumb. Especially early on. Also, not letting you modify your weapons right before missions.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

It's easy, buy a silencer for the first pistol you get then buy a Crosskill pistol.

Want to stealth? Use silenced pistol. Want to explode heads? Use Crosskill. Easy.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Does anyone know if the tactical light gives any benefit other than illuminating walls about 15ft away? The range of the light doesn't seem very helpful in a lot of situations, so I was wondering if it fucks with the aim of people of you shine it at like the Battlefield 3 equivalent.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Yeah the prices of some things are straight up ridiculous. If I spend 400k on a rifle I want it to be solid gold, make farts sounds and shoot flaming kittens.

That and the the invincibility frames on the cops when they stagger are the only two things that piss me off.

As much as this game is great to play with friends and co-ordinate to stealthily finish a mission with no casualties, it's even funnier to drop into a 1 star pubbie game of Jewelry Store, strut inside and go Scarface on everyone before trying to fling bags onto the roof while everyone loses their poo poo.

Yeah. I'm that guy :getin:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boz0r posted:

You didn't buy the silencer, you paid money to put it on your gun. You have to pay money again to put it back on. The only way to get a mod is to get it via the random end of mission drop, then pay to attach it.

The drop system and crime.net really are the two worst parts of this game. :(

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
Have there been any sort of hard numbers or at least rule of thumb for skills that give damage boosts or "suppress" cops?

I'd think acing smooth talking on the mastermind track would be worth it since anyone worth their salt should be spotting shields and such. Furthermore I'm not sure what suppression even means. Do they shoot worse, stay back further? The game could really be more clear on that- same with the more damage when surrounded. I'd assume they won't since it keeps you grinding longer until you know what's worthwhile.

In addition, do drill skills still apply to the drill if you didn't set it up? Say it jams and I reset it instead of the placer, would this make it work faster assuming I have tech skills?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I wonder if suppression is the same as staggering cops. When you barge across the street all Heat style, your best manliest means of survival is to stagger enough of them that they don't shoot back before you reach the get-a-way van.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Suppression is just the difference between cops running full bore towards you, crouchwalking, doing that silly little dive or getting into cover and stopping altogether. I don't think I've ever shot anyone (with hit indicator so not shooting armor, non-special) and had them not flinch, even with the silenced starter pistol on fbi swat or whatever the hefty orange body armor guys are.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I think suppression makes it more likely for your shots to make cops do that little dive move or stay behind cover rather than advance. I got the suppress talent and hosing in their general direction definitely keeps me safer than just sprinting when I cross an open area, even though I know I'm not hitting anyone.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is it worth investing skill points into the portable saw in the Enforcer tree?

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

One more question about being a beginner & casing mode - in, say, the jewelry store mission, we were all in casing mode and so I figured hey, I can just walk into the store as a customer and look around for cameras and guards and stuff and be safe, but it still raised suspicion and alerts with the people inside. I didn't go into the back office or anything, I was right by the front counter.

Is that a misconception on my part? Am I still suspicious, even in casing mode?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Reo posted:

One more question about being a beginner & casing mode - in, say, the jewelry store mission, we were all in casing mode and so I figured hey, I can just walk into the store as a customer and look around for cameras and guards and stuff and be safe, but it still raised suspicion and alerts with the people inside. I didn't go into the back office or anything, I was right by the front counter.

Is that a misconception on my part? Am I still suspicious, even in casing mode?

It depends on what kind of weapons you're carrying, as well as body armor, I think. I still don't have too good of a handle on it, but if you wear a flak vest into the store, they're still gonna see it if you're masked up or not. And some of the weapons are harder to conceal than others.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
You're still suspicious, but only to guards and cameras, not regular civilians. You have to be within a certain radius of a guard for them to start being suspicious, too, regardless of whether you're wearing just the suit or the Enforcer-only armor.

versus fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 14, 2013

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

I just watched a level 40 dude use the saw to break into the vault in Bank: Gold and proceed to snap every single lockbox open.

It's so very worth it.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

versus posted:

You're still suspicious, but only to guards and cameras, not regular civilians.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it all depends on the positioning of the guards. A few times now I have waltzed straight through the jewelry store into the back and slapped on a drill wearing heavy armor with nobody batting an eyelid and sometimes the second I pass through the door everyone goes batshit crazy and my teammates shout at me. I should really take the time to check where the guards are in future.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

All the profile data for this is stored in the cloud, right? When I pre-loaded, it wouldn't let me choose a steam library disk to put the game on, and I want to move it to my big hard drive since it doesn't seem to need my SSD.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is the fact that Pro multi-day heists are exactly the same but iwth a higher payout and no failure clause intended? I was expecting them to be different like bank heist gold and the ukranian job.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Agrajag posted:

Yes, one of the most important. It's the exclusive gadget of the Enforcer that serves to do some specific objectives.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So is the fact that Pro multi-day heists are exactly the same but iwth a higher payout and no failure clause intended? I was expecting them to be different like bank heist gold and the ukranian job.

Are Pro heists harder than normal?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I'm not really clear on what Pro heists are either. I'd guess that you have to restart them over completely from day 1 each time you fail a certain day?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gunder posted:

I'm not really clear on what Pro heists are either. I'd guess that you have to restart them over completely from day 1 each time you fail a certain day?

You flat out get booted back to the lobby if you fail.

Turin Turambar posted:

Are Pro heists harder than normal?

I noticed absolutely no difference in the two I tried (Watchdogs and Firestarter) they were 1:1 the same except for the payout.

e: That's for the multi-day heists though. Ukrainian job (Pro jewelry store) was pretty different and a bit harder to stealth completely.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 14, 2013

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Curious about the ace part of Silent Killer, is the damage applied to any weapon even not with a silencer? And does it cancel out the reduced damage of using a silencer?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I played this game all day yesterday and I read Bain's guide right before bed.

When I woke up I realized how you could reveal "the secret! "

I got really excited and then as I tried to actually think about it, my coworkers aren't part of the game and there definitely isn't a level that looks like my apartment. loving dream logic.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Is stealth jewelery store something different from going around the back? I got kicked from a game because the host grilled us if we know how to stealth jewelry store and I just said "sneak around back".

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Knightmare posted:

Is stealth jewelery store something different from going around the back? I got kicked from a game because the host grilled us if we know how to stealth jewelry store and I just said "sneak around back".

You don't have to go in the back at all, you can go right in the front and empty out everything without disturbing the guards in the alley.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh my god, you can steal the coke out of the FBIs evidence room on Frames. This game. :allears:

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Knightmare posted:

It sounds like they wanted to enter the store through the front, mask up, control crowd, smash four cases, grab four bags, and rush out before the van departs the first time. It's not stealthy per say, but it's the fastest way to finish the level without alerting law enforcement.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

So I'm pretty sure the cards at the end of the missions are total bullshit. At the end of a mission, I had ~990,000 spending cash available after the mission paid out. As soon as it got to the card screen, I got the achievement for having a million spending cash on hand. My card? A $16,000 cash card, and sure enough I had ~1,006,000 at the lobby. Either their achievements are really bad at reading a simple number, or like I suspected, it's predetermined what you get in the cards.

gently caress the cards. over 12 hours in and I have yet to receive any kind of mask or mask mod. I mean jesus loving christ

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Miker525 posted:

gently caress the cards. over 12 hours in and I have yet to receive any kind of mask or mask mod. I mean jesus loving christ

Think I'm at 8 hours and same here. I got a pattern and some colors but no mask to use them on. :(

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Miker525 posted:

Yeah, no kidding. 19 hours and a grand total of zero mods for the weapons I use. Only things I've picked up that I like at all are a couple colors and one material, but the very few patterns and masks I've gotten are all utter poo poo. I really miss my beta mask.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Really getting tired of dumb pubbies loving everything up when it comes to certain perks.

I start up the Ukranian Job on pro. I explained five times in a row over voice and text not to shoot the guards since I can take hostages by intimidating them. This saves us a few pager calls, ensuring we can storm the shop itself without triggering an alarm. One guy had a bad habit of doing this (I took five hostages during Firestarter's second half, and he killed all of them.) and actually listened this time.

Unfortunately, the other guy was an rear end. After I got the door open in the back alley and was preparing to drill the safe we needed (without alerting anyone), he walked up to me standing next to the guard who had surrendered, paused, looked at the guard, then at me, and then pulled out a silenced pistol and shot the guard in the back of the head. He then popped out the window and sprinted away like the biggest rear end in a top hat, leaving me to deal with the two guards that decided to run into the room and fill my character with lead.

This obviously alerted everyone inside and forced us to shoot our way out past two bulldozers and a fuckton of those green dudes. Also, a four minute mission turned into a 16 minute clusterfuck that wasn't nearly worth the effort.

The response I get after I yell at him for being a douchenozzle? He blamed me, going on to say "Lol its a silenced pistol it dont matter". :argh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

Surprised a lot people didn't realize random chance in video games isn't actually random.

Unrelated: I took some screenshots of what Framing Frame usually turns into.

We're very close to each other you see.

:allears:

Look at those glorious retards, someone must have leaked the newest Anime video

• Locked thread