Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Steel Ball Run is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm in the middle of SBR right now, and I'm enjoying it a LOT.

Though so far Part 4 is still my favorite.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
:siren: New ASB character! :siren:
Shigekiyo Yangu (Harvest)
No good scans yet.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Dio Brando is a better choice then Diego, both storywise and moveset wise and CC2 agrees.

Deal with it :colbert:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
I want to know what boring rear end planet you live on where freezing people is better than turning into a dinosaur.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

darealkooky posted:

Dio Brando is a better choice then Diego, both storywise and moveset wise and CC2 agrees.

Deal with it :colbert:

There's no reason why we couldn't have three Dios, I mean there are two Kiras for gently caress's sake. If they make a sequel, which isn't unlikely looking at how many Naruto games they've made, I'm sure Diego will be included.

Here's the only scan on the internet.

I don't understand why somebody felt the need to photoshop the face. Also this is definitely a real scan, none of it looks fake.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

Aren't Part 6 and 7 the least popular parts?

I'm pretty sure Parts 1 and 2 are the least popular parts of the series in Japan and that's because they're both glorified Fist of the North Star clones... oh and most of the villains in both aren't super pretty aside from Dio and Cars. I'd say Part 6 is too.

Tobaccrow posted:

No good scans yet.

I guess that's a choice, Harvest could be implemented in interesting ways.

darealkooky posted:

Dinosaurs will always be better than laser eyes and ice powers, I'm sorry to inform you that CC2 is just plain wrong as they are about many things. P

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm kind of expecting the final boss of the Part 7 segment to be Part 3 Dio in a different outfit.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

mikeycp posted:

I'm in the middle of SBR right now, and I'm enjoying it a LOT.

Though so far Part 4 is still my favorite.

I'm reading through SBR as well! I read halfway through it years ago but stopped for so long that I forgot, so I decided to restart. After finishing up Scary Monsters, I really like Diego as a character. He makes bad puns, which is amazing for a Dio reincarnation.

Also, that new character reveal... It can't be real, can it? Why him over everyone else? Not that I dislike the character but dang.

Edit: Oh, there's a scan. Impressive, but still. I'm sure Part 1 Dio was included to capitalize on the anime so I can accept him, even if I didn't already like the difference in fight style.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 15, 2013

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
yeah I'm not that psyched, especially since 6 and 7 are barely represented when you have so many useable characters like FF, Weather Report, Diego and even someone like Wekapipo. Hell I'd love to see what kind of interface screwing they could do with a power like Wekapipo's.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

onepixeljumpman posted:

I want to know what boring rear end planet you live on where freezing people is better than turning into a dinosaur.

He also has a zombie army.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Terror Sweat posted:

He also has a zombie army.

Look I'm in the "not having Diego in the game is perfectly reasonable on their part" camp and even I have to admit that he has the most :krad: Stand of all

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

Ryaomon posted:

yeah I'm not that psyched, especially since 6 and 7 are barely represented when you have so many useable characters like FF, Weather Report, Diego and even someone like Wekapipo. Hell I'd love to see what kind of interface screwing they could do with a power like Wekapipo's.

I'm kinda hoping the guy with the neutral dragon stand gets in. Seems like it'd be interesting with players trying to quickly make it to safe spots, or force opponents into dangerous ones.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I just hit Ringo Roadagain in SBR and oh my god, what a glorious soul patch and great character design in general.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Are NTSC PS3s region-locked? I want to import Jojo All Star Battle since it'll probably never be released in English.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

If you're gonna have a character with a zombie army, better to go for Axl Ro.

Then you can have IMMORTAL CIVIL WAR GHOSTS instead.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I think what most of us agree on is that part 7 is amazing and really more people should read it for really cool stand battles and the best bromance to come from Japan.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Soulcleaver posted:

Are NTSC PS3s region-locked? I want to import Jojo All Star Battle since it'll probably never be released in English.

Nope. Import it to your heart's content!
We all need to exchange PSN Names when we finally get this.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Fiend Computer posted:

I think what most of us agree on is that part 7 is amazing and really more people should read it for really cool stand battles and the best bromance to come from Japan.

I read the entire series in a month without significant stops (which, in hindsight, was not a good idea,) and I really couldn't help but blitz through Part 7 despite being extremely fatigued by the series by then. It's basically the best part outright.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 7 is outright the best part. It's the one where Araki obviously knew what he wanted in his story and there were no hiccups along the way like in every other part of the series, it's just so well done and has the best everything, even stand fights are amazing.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I just hit Ringo Roadagain in SBR and oh my god, what a glorious soul patch and great character design in general.

Yes, Real Man's World was one of the loving best parts of Part 7 and it only gets better.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tobaccrow posted:

No good scans yet.

Harvest is Araki's favorite stand, so it's not too surprising.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

quote:

Shigekiyo is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi
Shigekiyo DLC will be purchaseable on launch for 600 Yen

The opening movie of the game is reportedly great. It reproduces scenes from the manga, with the in-game engine. It’s hard to tell sometimes if it’s in-game models or anime art. They apparently took about 4 months of production time to make the opening movie.

The article focuses a bit on the Secret Missions of Story Mode as a new gameplay element.

There will be more characters to announce in the near future.

They plan to have many more “tricky” and “technical” characters to balance out the variety of gameplay.

(2ch is crazy to navigate so here’s the SFW Source)
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/31736184.html
Source: http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/post/58499052736/jjba-asb-news

Kinda sucks he's going to be DLC, and that buying multiple characters at 600 yen will add up fast...

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Hopefully it sells tens of millions of copies then they make a Super Jojo All Stars with all the DLC characters included and a Western release with GGPO netcode.

Is that too much to ask?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yeah I don't really care enough about Fatty to pay $6 for him. Unless he turns out to be, like, a god-tier character.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Would you look at that, I came here to say that I finally managed to slog through parts 5 and 6. The end of 6 was pretty drat ridiculous at least, and I had fun looking at araki's complete inability to draw women without adam's apples. Then holy poo poo, part 7 is pretty much the best thing ever. The way stands and even combat itself took a backseat to the racing made things pretty easier on the eyes. The ripple like abilities were a refreshing break from stands at the beginning. Not to mention that their riddle solving skills is pretty much on par with Black Dynamite. Reading binary code to parse Latitude and Longitude coordinates in 1890 written by a dude who died 1900 years before and pinpointing the location to kansas city had me in stitches.

I just have a question about steel ball run's continuity, though. I'm on chapter 32 and I'm wondering: Is this continuity made after puccio's universe reboot? They are quite unclear about lineage on this one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As far as we know, it is an unrelated alternate universe.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The recent Lisa Lisa/Jorge Joestar light novel did apparently imply that there's been at least 36 odd reboots (that only affect Earth, given that there's 36 versions of Kars that ended up living on Mars).

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Perigryn posted:

36 versions of Kars that ended up living on Mars.

Hahahaha PLEASE let that be the setting of part 9.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Jonathan Jokars, our JoJo of Part 9

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I blitzed parts 3-now a little while after finishing the anime. I ended up breaking a little into part 5, which seems to be par for the course, and then read through half of part 6 in a day and 2/3 of part 7 in another. I really liked how stand abilities were reinvented for part 7, how most of them gave the user an ability and didn't have posing ghosts along with them. Also, the big bad was beaten in a really satisfying way, which can't really be said for 5 or 6.

I get the feeling that the SBR universe is Pucci's reboot universe, since every Joestar has a direct counterpart up until Jotaro (and Josuke 1 and Giorno, but they don't exist without the ripple and vampire Dio respectively). Who knows if it will ever become relevant though since there was probably a universe reset for longevity reasons.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yeah I don't really care enough about Fatty to pay $6 for him. Unless he turns out to be, like, a god-tier character.

I would much rather have the dude with Bad Company. I also still wish they threw somebody else from part 8 in just so Josuke won't be alone.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrManiac posted:

I would much rather have the dude with Bad Company. I also still wish they threw somebody else from part 8 in just so Josuke won't be alone.

I can't imagine who. I'm pretty sure Born This Way was still happening by the time the game was announced. Making the California King Bed into another character would be weird too, although I guess if they can do it with Rohan it can happen with anyone. Also I agree, Keicho would be pretty rad, he's the first significant villain of Part 4 and has a super cool stand.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Born This Way is basically the only possible fighter they could have included but yeah, I didn't think about the time and development aspect. Maybe the Gingko Tree can be DLC. Not as a stage, I want to play as the tree.

I'm just disappointed in the lack of 6 and 7 character rep, as well as lack of female characters outside of 6. This only gets worse the farther I get into SBR. But I still put a preorder down on it and will end up getting all the DLC, so hopefully this will fix itself in time.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

No joke, I'd love to see Trish be DLC in the game. I was really hoping on either FF or Annasui getting in, since while Weather Report is a stage hazard, the other two were significant enough characters to the main cast that I figured they'd be a shoe-in to get in the game.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm just disappointed in the lack of 6 and 7 character rep, as well as lack of female characters outside of 6.

Yeah, you gotta work with what you've got. The only lady heroes prior to Stone Ocean would be Lisa Lisa, Koichi's stalker, and Trish. The only lady villains I can think of are minor enemies from Stardust Crusaders.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

LightningKimba posted:

No joke, I'd love to see Trish be DLC in the game. I was really hoping on either FF or Annasui getting in, since while Weather Report is a stage hazard, the other two were significant enough characters to the main cast that I figured they'd be a shoe-in to get in the game.
I wasn't aware of Weather Report being a stage hazard, that's a little better I guess, but either way leaving FF and Annasui out feels like such an oversight considering they were as much a part of the core group as Hermes, I felt.

HitTheTargets posted:

Yeah, you gotta work with what you've got. The only lady heroes prior to Stone Ocean would be Lisa Lisa, Koichi's stalker, and Trish. The only lady villains I can think of are minor enemies from Stardust Crusaders.
This is true. Lisa Lisa and Trish were the two I really wanted, other than FF and Hot Pants. Bast and Mariah made it into the Stardust Crusaders fighting game, but I can do without them since minor villains seem more like DLC material while the core game should just be a celebration of all of the different JoJo parts and their core characters. Which makes it still more a shame that 6 has such a minor showing as it stands. 7 I can almost understand them only having Gyro and Johnny other than the villain, as so far they've been the only real main characters and the story seems centered around them, but having Diego and Hot Pants to fill out the roster would have been nice.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

LightningKimba posted:

Being a stage hazard wouldn't rule him out for being playable. Rohan appears in the manga panels announcing Morioh's stage hazard, and Dio is in the panels for Egypt's stage hazard (meaning he's inside the car that runs you over). Okyasu and Koichi's character models also appear in the background for the Kira residence stage, though they aren't part of the stage's hazard.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Jojo Allstar Battle intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7865vlqpVo

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's the video that took four months to make and recreates scenes from the manga? I mean, it was cool, but I was expecting a lot more to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That's the video that took four months to make and recreates scenes from the manga? I mean, it was cool, but I was expecting a lot more to be honest.
I wonder if that'll actually end up being an unlockable opening or ending video.

• Locked thread