Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hate Four Stores so much. I've only done it, the Jewlery Store, and Mall Crasher before. They're kinda fun, but.. Eh.

Are the other heists more interesting? And how exactly does Mall Crasher work? I tried blowing up a car to no avail, so is it just breaking glass, bottles and screens? :confused:

I'm dissapointed there's no burning of displays or stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The three you've done are the least involving heists. They get progressively more interesting and challenging, so fear not. Four Stores is probably the most boring map in the game, hands down.

In Mall Crasher, you just have to keep ruining stuff. The car has windows to smash, but that's not really worth your time. You can purchase gas cans in the planning phase to burn whole stores, by the way.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

fennesz posted:

I did an overkill Nightclub last night and one of the dudes had Control Freak. He just walked in the front door and started unloading his rifle into the ceiling and every civvie in the place hit the deck while we mopped up the reset of the gangsters. Blew up the safe and hightailed it. Best stealth run ever :clint:

The best stealth run of overkill Nightclub for me will always be koolaid-manning it through the side window, grab a keycard, shape charge the safe WE OUT before the police assault even starts.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anatharon posted:

I hate Four Stores so much. I've only done it, the Jewlery Store, and Mall Crasher before. They're kinda fun, but.. Eh.

Are the other heists more interesting? And how exactly does Mall Crasher work? I tried blowing up a car to no avail, so is it just breaking glass, bottles and screens? :confused:

You will eventually attempt to steal a fusion reactor, break into an FBI branch office and sell stolen paintings to a corrupt political official. It's as fun as it sounds.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just saw Gibbed on the Payday 2 Mumble server. I've pretty much decided he's some sort of videogame demigod.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I just saw Gibbed on the Payday 2 Mumble server. I've pretty much decided he's some sort of videogame demigod.

He is quite well known. The goon gaming community isn't too large. You start to notice people you saw post in a thread or play another game.

I wonder if Gibbed will work his magic and try making a program or mod for Payday 2.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Anatharon posted:

I'm dissapointed there's no burning of displays or stuff like that.

I've detonated a tripmine on the car, which gave it some visible dents, but didn't blow it up. The damage barely counted for 5,000 bucks unless Bain was talking about a window someone broke that I didn't see.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My opinion on that engine collectathon heist...gently caress it so hard...

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I'm diggin this game. The beginning can be a little slow, and terrible if you are playing with pubs. I found a good group of upper level dudes and could hold my own so I jumped to 12 in just a few hours.

Probably have to mumble mumble tomorrow.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Mr Scumbag posted:

Those of you who have used shotguns, which shotgun in primary/secondary would be the best to get? I'm a mastermind, if that helps, and I really want to try rolling with a shotgun in secondary and would appreciate some advice so I don't waste cash on a dud.

I'm using the Rem in Primary with a pro grip, which is alright... the recoil is harsh but the accuracy stretches out there. I can stand inside the jewelry store and blast groups down across the street in the parking lot.

It helps that I got lucky and pimped my Bernetti out real nice with the upper receiver and the extended barrel, it is a killer and a half.

Also mastermind.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Zurreco posted:

In Mall Crasher, you just have to keep ruining stuff. The car has windows to smash, but that's not really worth your time. You can purchase gas cans in the planning phase to burn whole stores, by the way.

I don't understand that mission at all, the stores all seem so static and empty. What are you supposed to do?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Red Mundus posted:

Anyone else ran into a glitch in rats day 3 where it was impossible for anyone on the team to disable the c4?

Did you get the info on day 2? If you didn't, you can't disable it.

Fabricated posted:

Okay wow, are the rest of the shotguns as good as the piddly secondary shotgun you unlock first?

Yes. The Locomotive is great (it's literally a sawn-off and therefore has-more-spread Reinbeck), and so are the Reinbeck and Mosconi. The Izhma is so-so.

They only get better with Enforcer perks, too.

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Does anyone else really feel that the crime.net bullshit is a major turn-off from the game? I think it's really silly that I have to wait a good five minutes just to find a certain job and difficulty that I want to play. The whole matchmaking system kinda just makes me not want to play sometimes. Hopefully they will change it up a bit to include filters.

Yeah. It wouldn't be so bad if the card drop system weren't so loving terrible or let you outright buy weapon mods for more money, and if the payout/XP for bigger jobs were in line with the time it takes to do them vs. doing Ukrainian Jobs multiple times, then you could just play whatever job and get valid rewards. As it is the game is built to encourage you to grind certain heists and then doesn't let you do that.

They really need to put the alpha server browser back in, or at least let you pick difficulty when you pick a heist, and let you buy weapon mods for 5-10 their listed cost.

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's amazing what a difference there is between playing this game with actual people who talk and listen and plan stuff as opposed to random assholes. When you're with randoms it's just an endless stream of people who can't finish the Ukranian Job in less than ten minutes and insist on standing out in the middle of the street by themselves while getting shot, but the second you hit that good team? Oh, gently caress, it's like manna from heaven. The Nightclub in less than four minutes with no cops showing up is a thing of beauty that positively rains cash and experience, and now we're wondering if we can cut it down to three or less. It's turned what had been a very mediocre game into one of the most fun experiences I've had in gaming for years.

What I'm saying is that if you're reading this thread and wondering if you should buy this game, the answer is yes yes yes yes yes. Just play with friends or goons.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

fennesz posted:

I did an overkill Nightclub last night and one of the dudes had Control Freak. He just walked in the front door and started unloading his rifle into the ceiling and every civvie in the place hit the deck while we mopped up the reset of the gangsters. Blew up the safe and hightailed it. Best stealth run ever :clint:

Thanks for the heads up, our mastermind grabbed control freak, with my saw, and our ghosts lockpicking (no c4, our techie went to bed :smith:) we've hit up the nightclub repeatedly all night with 3 to 4 minutes run time. Plus it feels really badass to do. :whatup:

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Can anyone confirm how Fast Learner works? I'm going down the mastermind path and have aced it, but will it stack with my friends buffs if they just put 1 point in it?

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

Loten posted:

Can anyone confirm how Fast Learner works? I'm going down the mastermind path and have aced it, but will it stack with my friends buffs if they just put 1 point in it?

It seems there are two buffs for the normal and ace version of that skill. You can only have one of each active on you. So yes, you get a bonus from both the self-XP increase and the gang XP increase. Having multiple gang bonuses of the same XP increase do not stack, however.

This was from what I saw in beta (testing deliberately for it) and it may have changed for no good reason at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Zudrag fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 16, 2013

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Whats the skill setup for soloing Ukrainian Job again?

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I finally get time to be Cop Killa with some goons and then Payday 2 starts crashing on launch every single time. Figures. :(

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Had a weird bug last night - doing the first part of Watch Dogs and two of us made it up to the helcopter with me in custody and the other guy downed, except that he wouldn't die. Eventually one of the helicopter guys had to go down to rescue him, but it didn't do anything (apart from get him killed, too). At least it's a short level.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I got a pretty handy bug tonight where the cops just stopped spawning on day 1 of Firestarter.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I was in a public game last night where one guy was shot down in the street while everyone else were knocked down in the escape zone. The timer expired on the guy in the street before it booted us to the lobby. The rest of us were apparently eligible to escape, so the mission ended up accomplished with 3 of 4 guys "alive".

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 16, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

So what kind of masks have you guys been running with?

This is the first one I crafted. I was going for a creepy wooden tribal mask sort of look, but I didn't have many options to play around with and I don't think it turned out great. Something about the black part ruins it for me.

Then I made this leather sack slasher villain mask, which I think is pretty alright despite its simplicity.

And just now I put together a cool blue hockey mask with :siren:sweet flame decals:siren:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Ravana posted:

It's amazing what a difference there is between playing this game with actual people who talk and listen and plan stuff as opposed to random assholes. When you're with randoms it's just an endless stream of people who can't finish the Ukranian Job in less than ten minutes and insist on standing out in the middle of the street by themselves while getting shot, but the second you hit that good team? Oh, gently caress, it's like manna from heaven. The Nightclub in less than four minutes with no cops showing up is a thing of beauty that positively rains cash and experience, and now we're wondering if we can cut it down to three or less. It's turned what had been a very mediocre game into one of the most fun experiences I've had in gaming for years.

What I'm saying is that if you're reading this thread and wondering if you should buy this game, the answer is yes yes yes yes yes. Just play with friends or goons.

When I get my crew together our best nightclub job was 2:45 I think. Pop the masks right off. The extra sprint time adds up.

I found the best way to find groups before I got in goon chat was to look for overkill pro jobs with at least two people. More than 50% of the time it was a crew who knew what was up.

Also if you're new to the game, ask around for help with jobs. People like to help/show off. Myself, as a 55, and two mid 40 pubbies jumped in the lobby of a level one guy who had literally done no jobs, leveled him to 21 in an hour and then pulled a pro overkill gold bank heist to cap it off and give him some spending money. :feelsgood:

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Aug 16, 2013

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Khagan posted:

"Shaped charge"

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Khagan posted:

Get shape charge, run in with any loadout you want, blow the safes, get out

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So, Pro Job Ukrainian on very hard. We all make it back to the van, ready to go. Two of us in the van, other guy beside it. Third guy is standing at the back. "How do I get in????" Two heavies come up behind him while he's trying to figure out "how to van". Kill us all.

Well, at least I have now experienced the worst possible fuckup. It's all uphill from here.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

I've been playing this a fair bit with friends, and thinking we've been doing fine in terms of timings etc etc. Played yesterday with some other friends and we did Pro Overkill Ukrainian Job in 1:10. I now understand how to break this game. Hoping they either add or that there is some sorta Overkill120 level, because at this point not a lot of the heists are really problematic (which is fine, I don't really play just to level up etc), but it'd be nice to be able to do like an overkill jewelry store and not think "Meh that's no money".

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Vargs posted:

So what kind of masks have you guys been running with?

I don't have a mic, so I've been running with the ballgag mask since it dropped the first day. :v:

I've had eight or nine masks drop so far, but only one color and a couple materials and patterns, none of them good.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:stare:

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
I've been playing this game with friends, and because of connection issues we're all on Tunngle (which fixes everything). I opened up all my steam ports (supposedly these are the ports that PD2 uses), but I still can't really play online without dropping every now and then. I played with SecretAgentCow and got a good few disconnects. Even restarted the router, steam, etc etc. Only when we hopped on Hamachi together it was completely fine.

Of course later on a mission desync'd and kicked everyone out, so I'm more inclined to blame the game's lovely netcode rather than my connection. Has anyone here had issues and managed to fix them other than using Hamachi/Tunngle?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

They'll remember the day they fought the Payday Gang :unsmigghh:

This is my mask, it is the best mask. (the horns do a better job of concealing half the decals in-game so I just have a huge heart on my forehead)

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 16, 2013

Visual Display Unit
Mar 12, 2006
Has anyone maxed out the lockpicking skill tree?

Is it worth putting points into acing that so I can open safes silently or should I just go for C4/Saw like most people seem to do?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Me and a buddy are planning on playing for at least a few hours. We would really love a couple more!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_scumbag

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Visual Display Unit posted:

Has anyone maxed out the lockpicking skill tree?

Is it worth putting points into acing that so I can open safes silently or should I just go for C4/Saw like most people seem to do?

Saws and c4 are loud, have limited use, and require them to be actively taken in the equipment spot of something else. Lockpicking may take somewhat longer, but it's completely silent, has unlimited usage, and doesn't need to take a primary or gadget slot. It's a great compliment to a stealth class both inside and outside of stealthing objectives. I'd say to go for it if you're already going down the ghost tree. You'll get some good milage out of it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So, question, which is better for sawblade health; carbon blades, or acing the saw skill?

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
Welp. I pre-ordered the collectors edition and I don't see anything I got that is any different from normal...

What did I actually get?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

So, question, which is better for sawblade health; carbon blades, or acing the saw skill?

Ace it. It's an extra blade.

Carbon is pretty marginal. If you find you're "the saw guy" all the time, go for it, but it's pretty much a bank-job-only skill or one you just take for the tier bonus.

DirtyTalk posted:

Welp. I pre-ordered the collectors edition and I don't see anything I got that is any different from normal...

What did I actually get?

A skull mask, a red-dot sight, a mask pattern and paint scheme, and a cash discount. Restart Steam to get them.

You also got some guides and music. Check the announcements on the main screen for where to find those.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 16, 2013

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DirtyTalk posted:

What did I actually get?

Why would you buy a collector's edition sight unseen?

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Why would you buy a collector's edition sight unseen?

Well - I bought that, and I knew I get things. But I didn't see any of those things. I read if I re-login to my account it should work.

I'll try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist
code:
		-- DOMINATOR
	self.values.player.intimidate_enemies	= { true }	-- BASIC
	self.values.player.intimidate_range_mul	= { 2 }			-- ACE
	self.values.player.intimidate_aura		= { 700 }		-- ACE. radius in cm
Does this mean that an Aced Dominator has a better chance of intimidating non-special units? I don't understand the intimidate_aura value.

• Locked thread