Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is anybody else getting a "We really want to make the next Wicked" vibe from Maleficent? This is probably not going to be as good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Waffleman_ posted:

Is anybody else getting a "We really want to make the next Wicked" vibe from Maleficent? This is probably not going to be as good, though.

An origin story for a green-skinned witch from a beloved children's movie? Now why would you get Wicked vibes from that at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just a feeling. :colbert:

Sarcasm noted.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

It does make me wonder if they'll ever actually get round to adapting Wicked (book or musical).

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Slasherfan posted:

Here is a clip from it.

http://youtu.be/zcstAYzfTXc
I love how seamlessly they edit of nature footage and clips from other movies.

I'm gonna start talking like these guys in real life. "HEY MAN! HoOW you DOING?!" :pwn:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cptn_dr posted:

It does make me wonder if they'll ever actually get round to adapting Wicked (book or musical).

Yeah given how much bank the musical made I'm really surprised that the rights-holders haven't tried for a movie adaptation by now.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah given how much bank the musical made I'm really surprised that the rights-holders haven't tried for a movie adaptation by now.

Universal reaaaaaaaaally wants to do the Musical version

There is a TV Movie being made of the book, I think.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Waffleman_ posted:

Not a good as Wicked? I'm not sure how you get worst than 11th grader fan fiction... but, yeah, they'll find a way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Universal reaaaaaaaaally wants to do the Musical version

There is a TV Movie being made of the book, I think.

You'd think they would have been on that poo poo like white on rice, although to be fair Wicked has the easy marketable hooks that keep its window of relevance from fading.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
There's been a Wicked movie in development hell for years. I don't think it's ever gotten beyond the "We may or may not have a script" stage.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I really wish they made movies and posters like that now. Just a "hook", a detailed tagline or synopsis explaining the hook, and some awesome action scenes, either screencaps or hand painted.

Just found this one on Tumblr:

Who can honestly say they don't want to watch "Mr. No Legs" right now? Also, I really want to believe that the full title is "The Amazing Mr. No Legs", but I assume it's not.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

King Vidiot posted:

For some reason I'm reminded of "The Thing with Two Heads"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is it still upcoming if it's already been released on demand? :v:

I've seen it. It's not good. It's REALLY not good. Trust me. Birdemic is a more entertaining movie. The production values in this are marginally better than Birdemic but it's just not fun to watch in any way. Even Lindsay Lohan's 4 way sex scene is boring as gently caress to watch.

It's truly one of the most bafflingly horrible things I've ever seen, and Lohan has nothing to do with this. In fact, her and Deen are actually pretty decent given what they have to work with in this terrible script.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I've heard something along the lines of the Wicked musical movie not moving forward due to Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth despising each other thus making it difficult to have them reprise their roles.

Might as well just get Lea Michele and someone else with decent vocal cords to do it.

The book is pretty insane and the musical takes only the basic framework of it all. Which is good, because Gregory Maguire is insane.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I read Port Harbor as Pearl Harbor. Now I want to see an alternate history movie where, during World War II, the US and Japan made a temporary ceasefire and teamed up to exterminate megasharks before they ate everything in the world like underwater Tyranids.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

Not a good as Wicked? I'm not sure how you get worst than 11th grader fan fiction... but, yeah, they'll find a way.

They'll include even more unecessary and depraved sexual acts. The first page of Wicked is enough to know that nothing that follows will be good or worth thinking about so to best that I hear the opening of Maleficent makes 120 Days of Sodom look like a kids movie about the true meaning of christmas.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ThatPazuzu posted:

They made five movies out of Twilight and you're asking that question?

I used to ask of Twilight what series could be so popular that its lovely fanfic could be made into movies without me ever hearing of it. Then 50 Shades of Grey was picked up for adaptation. :negative:

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

King Vidiot posted:

Who can honestly say they don't want to watch "Mr. No Legs" right now? Also, I really want to believe that the full title is "The Amazing Mr. No Legs", but I assume it's not.

How does this poster not include an "arm" pun?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fug?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I have no idea what this movie is about. But I like it.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Haha that poster is so ugly it's great.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
He looks like he'd be buddies with that Tom Hanks character from Cloud Atlas.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

The monkey one is much better I think and I hope that's what they use.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they ever make The Filth into a movie Law looks like he could pull off a perfect Spartacus Hughes.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

muscles like this? posted:

If they ever make The Filth into a movie Law looks like he could pull off a perfect Spartacus Hughes.

If?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otMwPEiQ6i8

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Wrong filth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Filth_(comics)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Barudak posted:

They'll include even more unecessary and depraved sexual acts. The first page of Wicked is enough to know that nothing that follows will be good or worth thinking about so to best that I hear the opening of Maleficent makes 120 Days of Sodom look like a kids movie about the true meaning of christmas.

There is nothing like this in the Wicked book. There isn't any depraved sex acts. The first page, in fact the entire first chapter takes place concurrently with Wizard of Oz and is about the witch spying on Dorothy and the gang walking along the yellow brick road.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

There is nothing like this in the Wicked book. There isn't any depraved sex acts. The first page, in fact the entire first chapter takes place concurrently with Wizard of Oz and is about the witch spying on Dorothy and the gang walking along the yellow brick road.

You are correct its not the opening. Its the introduction of the Clock of the Time Dragon where a mother and daughter figurine have sex with a clockwork(?)man with a penis on his back and his front as he simultaneously pleasures them.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

You are correct its not the opening. Its the introduction of the Clock of the Time Dragon where a mother and daughter figurine have sex with a clockwork(?)man with a penis on his back and his front as he simultaneously pleasures them.

Don't forget that the wicked witch is a hermaphrodite (because her mother was raped by a trans-dimenional being, which is also why she's green and water kills her) who hides it by only having sex in the dark and they mourn the loss of a beloved mother figure by going to a human-on-tiger-on-dwarf sex show :eng101:

I haven't seen it, but the musical is supposed to be a fairly different beast that excises all the 2edgy4you sex acts and rants about organized religion.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Don't forget that the wicked witch is a hermaphrodite (because her mother was raped by a trans-dimenional being, which is also why she's green and water kills her) who hides it by only having sex in the dark and they mourn the loss of a beloved mother figure by going to a human-on-tiger-on-dwarf sex show :eng101:

Yeah I was trying to skip all that but when I said that the book is full of insane sex stuff I meant it. The musical, wisely, completely excises 100% of that crap which is why its always fun to meet people who read the book after the musical.

edit: If I remember correctly the dwarf actually emerges from the tiger's rear end during the show as a surprise entrance.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Jude Law looks pretty rough in that movie.

Probably the best thing for him. Nobody wants to be Rob Lowe, still trying to look like how he did in Wayne's World back in the early 90s.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Man, there's some hosed up poo poo in these popular bestsellers.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Vegetable posted:

Is that really an original quote anyway? Surely it didn't start with Fight Club.

Ray Bradbury in Fahrenheit 451 posted:

"That's the good part of dying; when you've nothing to lose, you run any risk you want."

Same basic idea.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Barudak posted:

Yeah I was trying to skip all that but when I said that the book is full of insane sex stuff I meant it. The musical, wisely, completely excises 100% of that crap which is why its always fun to meet people who read the book after the musical.

edit: If I remember correctly the dwarf actually emerges from the tiger's rear end during the show as a surprise entrance.

You know, I watched OZ the Great and Powerful the other day, and I loving hated it, and as we watched I was just thinking about how much I always wanted to see the musical Wicked because I've heard such good things from it. My girlfriend said something about how there is a book and she might pick it up. I REALLY want her to buy that book with out knowing any of this so I can get her reactions now, because holy poo poo if that was in the musical :stare:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Barudak posted:

Seems like a good way to mourn to me.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Sounds like I really need to read Wicked.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Poster for Terry Gilliam's new movie:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

A Terry Gilliam cyberpunk movie? :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I can't say I really like this. I mean it is very visually striking but it looks like a movie about programing in a mo-cap suit.