Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Arbite posted:

No Warren G. Harding?

He truly does not get the respect he deserves. The man was constantly passing laws to maake food and workplaces safer. He truly was one of America's first regulators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

TinTower posted:

Sage advice.
Well, I obviously don't have enough badges to make my cats stop fighting. :(

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He truly does not get the respect he deserves. The man was constantly passing laws to maake food and workplaces safer. He truly was one of America's first regulators.

When the future Mrs. Florence Harding told her wealthy father that she was going to marry Warren Harding her father (supposedly) said, "Not that goddamned friend of the family!" and disowned her.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I though Clinton was the first black president?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Goodpancakes posted:

I though Clinton was the first black president?

Spiritually he is.

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra

REMIND ME OF THE BABE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Soulkys posted:

REMIND ME OF THE BABE

Is someone requesting my services again?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Arbite posted:

No Warren G. Harding?
Which of the following is NOT a middle name of a past US President?

A. Birchard
B. Milhous
C. Gamaliel
D. Talcott
E. Abram

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Medieval helmets sure were something

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

I think Kanye West may have travelled back in time and become a knight.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

These two are actually WWI masks / helmet. The first one protected British tank crews from splinters and rivets torn by explosions, the other was a proposed modification to the French standard issue helmet.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

The box. You opened it. We came..

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Palpek posted:

That's the helm of the wise from dark souls. Who wore this in actual real life reality?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No clue. If you read japanese you may or may not find out:
http://hamusoku.com/archives/8007967.html

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Krinkle posted:

That's the helm of the wise from dark souls. Who wore this in actual real life reality?

Henry VIII

Almost every armour in Dark Souls is based off a real one.

The locations, too!

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Krinkle posted:

You may be surprised. EDIT: crap, beaten.

http://www.royalarmouries.org/horned-helmet

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

It looks like someone followed the instructions for an iron maiden incorrectly.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Fragrag posted:

It looks like someone followed the instructions for an iron maiden incorrectly.
Maybe he just doesn't like to be hugged.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Palpek posted:

The Ram Helm of Teddy Roosevelt apparently...

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WebDog posted:

Maybe he just doesn't like to be hugged.

I want to say that that armor is designed to protect you from being eaten by a bear, so you're not too far off.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bedurndurn posted:

I want to say that that armor is designed to protect you from being eaten by a bear, so you're not too far off.

"If I'm going to wrestle a bear I want to stick to it like velcro", said the hunter.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

steinrokkan posted:

These two are actually WWI masks / helmet. The first one protected British tank crews from splinters and rivets torn by explosions, the other was a proposed modification to the French standard issue helmet.

I'm going to ignore this and stay firm in my belief that some knight was metal enough to have a chainmail beard.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Here are some more:

Sosiz
Nov 8, 2009
Some of those helmets are going to haunt me in my dreams.
Have some bear tongues

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Something I've always wondered is why do polar bears always have blue tongues. Are they just really cold all the time, even in zoos?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I couldn't pick just one post, so here's all of them.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Does anyone have that drawing of Hitler calmly explaining his plans to kill all the jews and take over the world before saying that they'd have a much better discussion if his opponent wasn't frothing at the mouth in outrage?

Here's a picture as trade:

That picture reminded me of a picture I snapped last Autumn:

This was on the wall of a snack shed next to a bar at Conneaut Lake Park in western Pennsylvania. I would assume bored smokers standing outside the bar had their way with the sign. It was pretty amusing, but most of the place was pretty creepy in early Autumn.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Something I've always wondered is why do polar bears always have blue tongues. Are they just really cold all the time, even in zoos?

It's because they are descended from chows.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

That picture reminded me of a picture I snapped last Autumn:

This was on the wall of a snack shed next to a bar at Conneaut Lake Park in western Pennsylvania. I would assume bored smokers standing outside the bar had their way with the sign. It was pretty amusing, but most of the place was pretty creepy in early Autumn.

My parents had a lake house on Pymatuning Lake, just up the road. The whole area was one severe fog from becoming Silent Hill.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

*Piss Water sign*

It's nice for them to label the light beers correctly.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

CobiWann posted:

My parents had a lake house on Pymatuning Lake, just up the road. The whole area was one severe fog from becoming Silent Hill.

Oh I agree. Some of the other pictures I took would not belong here, but more so in the PYF Creepy Images thread. The "Midway" looked like the set from a Stephen King novel.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

Sage advice.

If only Michael Vick had been into Pokemon.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The sad thing is, that's how too many companies really do view social media.

"We need to get our Brand Presence out there! Hire a twenty-something to create Twitter trends! Kids love hashtags, right? let's get some hashtags."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

DrBouvenstein posted:

The sad thing is, that's how too many companies really do view social media.

"We need to get our Brand Presence out there! Hire a twenty-something to create Twitter trends! Kids love hashtags, right? let's get some hashtags."

It ismessentiallymfree advertising.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Command Ant posted:

Who are you to mock my faith in that bacon?

This reminds me of a scandal my university had when I was in college. One of the football coaches taught some professional sounding class that had 100% enrollment of football players, and the one test in the class was a final that was filled with questions like this, but there wasn't a trick or angle, it was designed to give everyone an A to pad their GPA.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

xxEightxx posted:

This reminds me of a scandal my university had when I was in college. One of the football coaches taught some professional sounding class that had 100% enrollment of football players, and the one test in the class was a final that was filled with questions like this, but there wasn't a trick or angle, it was designed to give everyone an A to pad their GPA.

You must have gone to a division one school.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trast posted:

You must have gone to a division one school.

A number of schools have done this but I believe Auburn got in a bunch of trouble for just that a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

• Locked thread