Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlaveTrader
Jan 12, 2003

*sigh* Those were the days...
God drat it, I missed the Immortal Action Pack. Any chance it's going to go back on sale any time soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Im_Special posted:

For anyone thinking about picking up Street Fighter for the PC, know that GFWL is practically dead and Capcom is releasing yet another version of Street Fighter and this time will be full on Steamworks, so if you hold out a bit more there will be a definitive version soon enough, save your money for that.

Theoretically you could just get Super SF4 for $5 and then upgrade it to Ultra SF4 for $15 the moment it comes out instead of paying the full $40 or whatever it is.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

SlaveTrader posted:

God drat it, I missed the Immortal Action Pack. Any chance it's going to go back on sale any time soon?

Trying to bring it back in the near future. Stay tuned.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey there,

I'm going to drop this into some of the official threads for the games as well BUT we've just added an incremental $5 Digital Video Games credit to every pre-order launching in August (grandfathering Rome II in since it is so close):

Here's the full details on each pre-order:

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified:

$10 Amazon.com Credit
5 Digital Video Games Credit with Pre-order
Save 10% off the list price
The XCOM Collection - (XCOM Classics + Enemy Unknown)
Codebreakers Bonus Mission - a top secret government communications facility responsible for intercepting and decoding the enemy’s transmissions has gone radio-silent.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn:

$5 Amazon Credit
$5 Digital Video Games Credit with Pre-order
A token for early access to the game and digital in-game content including a Mog cap and minion pet

Saint's Row IV:

Commander-in-Chief Edition, featuring the 'Merica Weapon, the Screamin' Eagle Plane, and an Uncle Sam Suit. Offer applies to all existing pre-order

Rome II:

Receive the Greek States Culture Pack, which includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist:

Upper Echelon Pack - includes a bonus co-op mission: Dead Cast + the Upper Echelon Suit (provides better protection against fire power and blends into the shadows) + Gold Sonar Goggles (tactical imaging leaves enemies nowhere to hide)
Amazon-exclusive Suppress and Assault Pack

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If I just pre-ordered one of those yesterday, will I need to do anything extra like cancel and re-pre-order or bother CS to receive the newly-added $5 digital video games credit?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

astral posted:

If I just pre-ordered one of those yesterday, will I need to do anything extra like cancel and re-pre-order or bother CS to receive the newly-added $5 digital video games credit?

Nope all existing orders are good to go.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

Awesome; thanks. :)

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

I just doubled checked the credit from the balances on the redeem page. I ordered FFXIV July 29th and both balances are showing $0. Anything I could do to get that credit or should I just cancel and reorder it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

Hey there,

I'm going to drop this into some of the official threads for the games as well BUT we've just added an incremental $5 Digital Video Games credit to every pre-order launching in August (grandfathering Rome II in since it is so close):

Here's the full details on each pre-order:

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified:

$10 Amazon.com Credit
Save 10% off the list price
The XCOM Collection - (XCOM Classics + Enemy Unknown)
Codebreakers Bonus Mission - a top secret government communications facility responsible for intercepting and decoding the enemy’s transmissions has gone radio-silent.

Rome II:

Receive the Greek States Culture Pack, which includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles.

So can I preorder The Bureau for $45, get a $15 credit to put towards a Rome II preorder and then get another $5 from that purchase for other 'stuffs' afterwards?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

Saint's Row IV:

Commander-in-Chief Edition, featuring the 'Merica Weapon, the Screamin' Eagle Plane, and an Uncle Sam Suit. Offer applies to all existing pre-order

Does this mean that download version of SR4 is $45 and also has a $5 credit? The $5 credit isn't listed anywhere on the page?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Ragingsheep posted:

Does this mean that download version of SR4 is $45 and also has a $5 credit? The $5 credit isn't listed anywhere on the page?
Unless they just changed it since your post it says

Saints Row IV + $5 Credit [Online Game Code]

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Might've missed that in the title. I was looking at the Bonus offer box.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

hambeet posted:

So can I preorder The Bureau for $45, get a $15 credit to put towards a Rome II preorder and then get another $5 from that purchase for other 'stuffs' afterwards?

The 2k credit required things to be either 30 or 90 days old, I imagine these are the same.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Wow, so that 10$ amazon.com credit means I can buy non-vidja game stuff? (from The Bureau)

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Not_Log posted:

The 2k credit required things to be either 30 or 90 days old, I imagine these are the same.

Negative. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points.

Ragingsheep posted:

Yes. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points. I'll get this added to the page.

hambeet posted:

Yes. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

I just doubled checked the credit from the balances on the redeem page. I ordered FFXIV July 29th and both balances are showing $0. Anything I could do to get that credit or should I just cancel and reorder it?
You don't get the credits until we charge your credit card. Sorry for the confusion.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Hey Tony, are you dudes planning any sale on the Desert to Sea bundle or on Spec Ops: The Line itself?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

Negative. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points.

Yes. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points. I'll get this added to the page.

Yes. For the $5 "Amazon Credit" you can use it on anything Amazon sells. For the $5 Digital Video Games Credit you can use it on any product in the DVG store except XBOX/PSN subs and points.

You don't get the credits until we charge your credit card. Sorry for the confusion.

Hahah cut n paste o Rama. Cheers Tony, you're alright!

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

Makes sense. Thanks Tony!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

KoldPT posted:

Hey Tony, are you dudes planning any sale on the Desert to Sea bundle or on Spec Ops: The Line itself?

Not to take bread out of Tony's kid's mouth, but Steam is giving Spec Ops away for free with a pre-order of the new XCOM game. In fact, there is even someone right this minute trying to dump a copy in the Steam game trading thread in PGS.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Not to take bread out of Tony's kid's mouth, but Steam is giving Spec Ops away for free with a pre-order of the new XCOM game. In fact, there is even someone right this minute trying to dump a copy in the Steam game trading thread in PGS.

KoldPT posted:

We'll have them for $9.99 in a couple weeks.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

hambeet posted:

Hahah cut n paste o Rama. Cheers Tony, you're alright!

HAHA, sorry man, today has been nuts but I wanted to get the info back to you all quickly.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I got an Amazon gift card recently, so I was kinda looking to offload those :10bux:. Thanks tony, will keep an eye on the thread.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hey Tony, just wondering if this deal (quoted from the video games deals thread) was meant to work on digital downloads as it claims? I tried on the Saints Row 4 preorder but it didn't work :(

flyboi posted:

Back to school?! PSH MORE LIKE BACK TO VIDEO GAMES

http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia/promotions/BTS_2013/?t=-20&tag=-20&ascsubtag=8Wzh-gbAEeOoh_J1rARu_g0_.v6g3_QeO_0_0

put whatever in there and they give you $5 off $25. Works on video games.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony posted:

HAHA, sorry man, today has been nuts but I wanted to get the info back to you all quickly.

Nah bro it's all good! You gave me the answer I wanted which is the Amazon Deal is the best one going. I don't need a fourth copy of Spec Ops.

edit:

Just to clarify on the actual webpage and the page before it says differently on the credits:

So the $15 and $10 is correct ,just the $10 2kgames credit seems wrong.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 17, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Yeah, I'll get my guy to fix it. To clarify, the credits are:

$10 Amazon Credit - Anything Amazon sells
$5 Digital Video Games Credit - Anything from https://www.amazon.com/gamedownloads except points and subs for PSN and XBOX.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If I'm having second thoughts about a digital preorder am I allowed to cancel it? I'm not trying to game the system but the option doesn't exist in the My Orders section and I don't want to hassle a support rep about it if they can't do anything.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Syrinxx posted:

If I'm having second thoughts about a digital preorder am I allowed to cancel it? I'm not trying to game the system but the option doesn't exist in the My Orders section and I don't want to hassle a support rep about it if they can't do anything.

Did you check "digital orders"? It's a separate section. The pre-order should be in there

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thanks for the heads up...

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

No dude you can cancel whenever. Just go into your games and software library (in the upper right hand corner under your account name) there will be a cancel button next to every preorder.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

kater posted:

Thanks for the heads up...

This has always been a very minor annoyance with Amazon's marketing emails. I get the emails about the sale a week after the sale is over and the price is back to normal. Without fail, every single week. Its not a big deal cause I manually check the sales but I always wonder why. Maybe its automated or something.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AmazonTony. Can you divine in the tea leaves if Total War: Rome II will see a price change at all before release or is this as probably good as it gets?

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

hambeet posted:

AmazonTony. Can you divine in the tea leaves if Total War: Rome II will see a price change at all before release or is this as probably good as it gets?

If it goes lower, Amazon will charge you the lower price. You don't get charged until the game gets sent to you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SixtySix posted:

If it goes lower, Amazon will charge you the lower price. You don't get charged until the game gets sent to you.

Oh. For digital pre-orders that is true too? That's cool.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Resdfru posted:

This has always been a very minor annoyance with Amazon's marketing emails. I get the emails about the sale a week after the sale is over and the price is back to normal. Without fail, every single week. Its not a big deal cause I manually check the sales but I always wonder why. Maybe its automated or something.

Yeah, I get worthless emails from them pretty frequently. "Check it out, we have a bundle of 4 games for $120!"

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

AmazonTony posted:

No dude you can cancel whenever. Just go into your games and software library (in the upper right hand corner under your account name) there will be a cancel button next to every preorder.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Thanks, this is in a kind of non-intuitive place! I'd been looking in my open orders, where I could see the invoice but not cancel anything.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Breadallelogram posted:

Yeah, I get worthless emails from them pretty frequently. "Check it out, we have a bundle of 4 games for $120!"

I often get e-mailed about products that can't be shipped to Canada, which I really appreciate.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

hambeet posted:

Oh. For digital pre-orders that is true too? That's cool.

Yep! We don't charge until either game launch or pre-load (basically when we give you a key or game to download).

Resdfru posted:

It is automated and I hate those emails. The system picks our bestselling things and send emails out, but it does it a week late, so if we're running a banging promotion on a bundle for a week the follow up auto emails look like tha.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey all!

Upcoming deals:

8/22-8/23:

Call of Duty Black Ops II: $29.99

8/22-8/28:

Call of Duty: World at War - $14.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $19.99
Call of Duty War Chest - $19.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $14.99
Modern Warfare Bundle - $39.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Digital Deluxe Edition - $51.99

Call of Duty - $14.99

Call of Duty 2 - $14.99

Call of Duty: United Offensive - $14.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $19.99

Rooks Keep - $7.49

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - $3.99

Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $13.49

Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate - $1.99

Lucius - $7.99

No Time to Explain - $3.99

Jack Keane - $4.99

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

AmazonTony posted:

Modern Warfare Bundle - $39.99

Sweet, been waiting ages for a semi-decent deal on all the MWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Hi Tony, do you know if Amazon has ever put the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Online Game Code] on sale before? I ask because this is the only way to get the DLC for Burnout Paradise because the in game DLC store is no more. If not, could you find a way to put a sale on it? Thanks, if you can or can't. :)

• Locked thread