Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Did the Lewis Auto Machine Gun get nerfed somewhat? I've been playing around with that and Po4 in PVP and it doesn't seem to be eradicating like it used to. And the AI even tries to recharge out of it on occasion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

triplexpac posted:

One-shotting everyone with Havoc in PVP is pretty fun

Edit: It sure is annoying when someone puts Angel in the front row so his wings block everyone

You can just click on the listed names at the bottom of the screen if you don't want to worry about getting around his wings. Or the pictures in the turn order display, too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Steve Vader posted:

You can just click on the listed names at the bottom of the screen if you don't want to worry about getting around his wings. Or the pictures in the turn order display, too.

Well hot drat, that makes things easier. I was trying to time my clicks to get around his wings.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh wow, the Rescue/Havok combo works great. I tried not using Rescue, because I have been using Magik because I am terrified of Kitty/Scepter agent teams, and as soon as I added Havok, I started coming up against 3 tact teams.

Though someone explain how Magneto can do his pre attack attack on him, without magnetized on Havok?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

twistedmentat posted:

Oh wow, the Rescue/Havok combo works great. I tried not using Rescue, because I have been using Magik because I am terrified of Kitty/Scepter agent teams, and as soon as I added Havok, I started coming up against 3 tact teams.

Though someone explain how Magneto can do his pre attack attack on him, without magnetized on Havok?

You sure he didn't put magnetized on Havok? His first move puts the debuff on his target, he doesn't have to rely on characters carrying metal.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

After I got my five pvp wins I started to open my lock boxes. I only needed two more covers to Elektra. I got one cover and right after that got the second one.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Sefer posted:

You sure he didn't put magnetized on Havok? His first move puts the debuff on his target, he doesn't have to rely on characters carrying metal.

Only if they have metal as standard equipment.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

fallin1 posted:

Only if they have metal as standard equipment.

He automatically puts it on characters with metal equipment, but his first move will put it on anyone regardless.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

dylan14 posted:

After I got my five pvp wins I started to open my lock boxes. I only needed two more covers to Elektra. I got one cover and right after that got the second one.

Congratulations you are a member of 1/8 of all people who will get Elektra. (PS I don't have Elektra and I envy you.)

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Sefer posted:

He automatically puts it on characters with metal equipment, but his first move will put it on anyone regardless.

Only if those people have metal equipment.

quote:

Master of Magnetism
Passive Buff
• Automatically crit Magnetized targets
• Chance to Preemptively counter Magnetized targets
Automatically applies Magnetized to characters carrying metal
• Immune to Magnetized

fallin1 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 23, 2013

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

fallin1 posted:

Only if those people have metal equipment.

When the other guy says 'first move', he doesn't mean the action Magneto takes when you start a match that uses his passive. He means the first attack that Magneto has applies Magnetised regardless of whether a character has metal, so if they get attacked by Magneto with it then after that point they'll trigger his counters.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

team overhead smash posted:

When the other guy says 'first move', he doesn't mean the action Magneto takes when you start a match that uses his passive. He means the first attack that Magneto has applies Magnetised regardless of whether a character has metal, so if they get attacked by Magneto with it then after that point they'll trigger his counters.

This does not happen in my game, no idea what you all are playing. If they do not have metal then he does not apply magnetized on the first attack by anyone.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Not the first attack anyone makes; Electromagnetic Blast the first of the four attack options Magneto has. The one that is unlocked at level 1.

It applies Magnetised to anyone regardless of whether they have metal. So if at any point Magneto attacks someone with Electromagnetic Blast they will have magnetised applied to them and he can potentially counter-attack them even if his turn 1 passive effect didn't apply it.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Wow holy poo poo I totally misread his post the first time. Carry on.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Speaking of Magneto, how does "Reverse Polarity" proc? It seems like it doubles the damage on his preemptive counter attacks.

Oh my god PVP in unranked is wonderful. Thanks, dude with Spider-Woman/She-Hulk/Agent with Katana team.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I was doing some low level PvP just to clear some tasks, and good god is Thing/Colossus an annoying combo to fight against when you don't have anything that damages bruisers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sefer posted:

This was the first move of the match, I used Shattering punch, and Magneto pre countered it. He had done his little magnet thing and put it on the Agent and Rescue, but not Havok. Oh well, it didn't kill him and it was the only weird thing that happened yesterday. It's nice to have pvp matches that don't feature random extra turns on people, they ignoring their debuffs or class abilities going off when there isn't one of their strong against classes on the field.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Someone at Playdom hates you and programs weird bad things to happen only to you. It's the only possible explanation. You always have crazy buggy things happen to you that don't happen to anyone else.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
Does anyone know why I'm not getting a hp boost from my tacticians in pvp at the moment? I still get sp for some reason.

I'm only playing pvp because of the lockboxes and gently caress me, between all the combat validation errors and the bastard teams that take forever to fight, I can't believe anyone does this poo poo every season.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
I managed to land on 50 CP in the daily spin today, so I now have enough to get both heroes for the next Spec Ops. Do we have any idea who that may be?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

momtartin posted:

I managed to land on 50 CP in the daily spin today, so I now have enough to get both heroes for the next Spec Ops. Do we have any idea who that may be?

Tradition has been to include one PvP hero (going in order, so the next should be Shatterstar, unless they skip him for Red Hulk because has was a deploy in S2C1), the latest 90 CP hero (except last time when there was literally no new 90 CP hero since the last Spec Ops and there still isn't, so they used an old one instead) and a random cheap hero. My advice would be to get Shatterstar and save your CP, or at least spend it on characters you need for Season 2 anyway.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
How do you beat Captain America in PVP? He attacks so many times.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
To minimize my frustration with lockboxes, I've decided to just save them, and open them until the last day.

By my count, I'll have about 100 lockboxes then, and since I was somewhat lucky, already have 5 of 8 covers for Elektra, so I'll have better odds to get her.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

Samara posted:

Bleed him out. I use X-23 and Wolverine a lot in PVP, they annihilate him.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Samara posted:

You might be dealing with his counter attacks, especially WW2 cap which starts in Protect mode which will take blows for an individual or the entire team and then counter attack.

Here is how you get past that (and other Protect/Counterattackers)

You can stun him.
You can use stealthy attacks, which cannot be countered or protected against
You can use psychic attacks, which are like the above except against specific countermeasures against psychics
You can use catastrophic attacks-although he will still counterattack, it will still hit his buddies.
You can use some multi-hit follow-up attacks like Iron Patriot's 21-Gun Salute. He will only block/counter one of the possibly three waves attacks you deal with that.
You can use attacks that give the debuffs cornered and off-balance that keep him unable to protect or counter-attack.

In the iOS version, I go with Phoenix and Black Widow in her Tactician Grey Suit.
Phoenix uses psychic attacks. Even her powerful level 9 ability is unblockable and uncounterable in the game. And, because of the odd quirks of that game you can use it the very first turn.

Tactician Black Widow in the grey suit has stealthy attacks period. She can swing right by Cap and he'll never know. If you're worried about his counter attacks, she can put a weaken on him so your other characters won't be hit so hard going after him. One note: although her attacks cannot be countered, if she attacks an infiltrator, they'll still gain the counterattack ability if anyone else can attack them.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Spec Ops is up, Ares is the hero as expected.

Edit: Vindication set, 1 of 5? Strange.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

team overhead smash posted:

Spec Ops is up, Ares is the hero as expected.

Edit: Vindication set, 1 of 5? Strange.
There were 2 versions of one of the weapons for the last Spec Ops, Hammering Nail and Son of Hell or something like that. But they were both marked 3 of 4 so I don't know :confused:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is it Shatterstar or Rulk for the deploy?

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
Glad I waited to get a Hero

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I finally got the avengers initiative game. I think I linked to my AA game but none of my accomplishments are there. In the AA game it says I am lvl 7 but in the AI game it says lvl 1. Does it take a couple of days to sync up?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RIP Lewis. Damage nerfed, no longer stacks, and can be removed just like other debuffs.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Codependent Poster posted:

RIP Lewis. Damage nerfed, no longer stacks, and can be removed just like other debuffs.
Sigh. Back to running Havok as he is once again the only way to deal with Rescue/Omega

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Is it Shatterstar or Rulk for the deploy?

Shatterstar, Thor, and Hercules in Mission 2.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Mister Chompers posted:

Shatterstar, Thor, and Hercules in Mission 2.

drat, that's 315 CP. Sure, you need Hercules and Thor for a heroic battle and a premium mission, respectively, but that's a lot of CP to get in a month.

On that note, which should I buy first, Hercules or Thor? I only have She-Hulk and Colossus for Bruisers, so I can really use a good one. Now, I like how Hercules plays more than Thor, but I trust you guys to know which one is the better choice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sakeyake posted:

Someone at Playdom hates you and programs weird bad things to happen only to you. It's the only possible explanation. You always have crazy buggy things happen to you that don't happen to anyone else.

It certainly feels like it. I';m 90% sure that all the poo poo I bitch about is actually just item/ability combos going off in the perfect way or other unlikely and rare, but totally within the games possibility. Though once and a while I do get some weird outright cheating poo poo.

Anyways, Ares with a sword and a minigun makes me laugh. Ares is a Leifeld character right?

Has anyone else found that if you want to 3 bird the bosses, you need to do deploys? I have found not doing at least a few deploys puts me in a situation where i need to fight a mini boss if I don't do any deploys, and that seems like more of a waste.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

drat, that's 315 CP. Sure, you need Hercules and Thor for a heroic battle and a premium mission, respectively, but that's a lot of CP to get in a month.

On that note, which should I buy first, Hercules or Thor? I only have She-Hulk and Colossus for Bruisers, so I can really use a good one. Now, I like how Hercules plays more than Thor, but I trust you guys to know which one is the better choice.

Thor is used in PVP by getting his costume and hoping he goes first, Hercules not so much due to scroll/Rescue/etc, if PVP doesn't matter to you go for Hercules since you enjoy him more.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mister Chompers posted:

Thor is used in PVP by getting his costume and hoping he goes first, Hercules not so much due to scroll/Rescue/etc, if PVP doesn't matter to you go for Hercules since you enjoy him more.

Which is sad, because Herc way back in the 3rd pvp season almost got me to vibranium. He used to be able to kill entire teams using column down.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Pro tip Dark Sigil + Herc's Column Down is still hilariously powerful but you need correct turn order to set it up. You can run him with Cable to accomplish this. It's not quite what it used to be since every stupid douchebag on the planet is running Rescue and bologna scroll to remove Weak Point.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Anyone else not get any unstable ISOs from visiting allies? It would be a very Playdom thing to let us collect the unstable ISOs outside of a SpecOps, but disable them while one's actually running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Anyone else not get any unstable ISOs from visiting allies? It would be a very Playdom thing to let us collect the unstable ISOs outside of a SpecOps, but disable them while one's actually running.

Usually it's gifting them that's broken the first day, wouldn't surprise me if they fixed that and broke visits instead.

• Locked thread