Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

averox posted:

What is with all the hackers?

If you position yourself correctly you can get beaten by shields through solid walls but having that happen 4 times is pretty much impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Bolow posted:

When a valid criticism is brought up please let us know. Escape missions aren't difficult in the slightest, even if you have to move 8 bags of gold. The primary thing the patch does is gently caress over everyone who was solo grinding cards. Too bad so loving sad. You'll have to play a coop game with people now.

What about the valid criticism that multi-day missions don't reward enough cards?

That levelling slows down to a crawl, especially now that you can't do Ukranians?

That it should be (somewhat) similarly rewarding to do ALL the missions rather than either one group or another?

The discussion got out of hand with Mr Scumbag insulting everyone but I think I made several valid points in my original post. I also never said anything about the difficulty of escape missions, nor did anyone else. That was a complete strawman. As is your "solo grinding" vs "play a coop game with people now" as if one-day missions weren't also more rewarding (and fun) when done coop as opposed to alone. Of all the single-day heists I've run, no more than 10% AT MOST have been solo, another 10-15% have been with pubbies and all the rest have been with friends.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Reported Bats for being a hacker :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

averox posted:

I learned the hard way that the railings on the side of Rats Day 3 do not stop bags.

ALL DAT MONEY FALLING OFF :saddowns:
My finest hour was when I jumped out of the exploding bus, heroically throwing the last money bag to safety in mid-jump at a perfect 45-degree arc... right over the side of the bridge.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you position yourself correctly you can get beaten by shields through solid walls but having that happen 4 times is pretty much impossible.

It's a joke :v:

The two images with Bats is because of a desync issue. That vault door stayed closed on my end for at least 30 seconds and later on everything with that map went to poo poo. One out of ten swat guys would be able to track and shoot at me while the other ones just sat there waiting to be shot. Even when I grabbed a bag and bailed for the escape, the host asked me why I was hanging out in the bank until he saw my outline warp to the van.

The Nightclub one was strange since we all saw closed doors except for Bats. In fact he was able to walk all the way back there and even told us that the escape van was there before the cue even played.

The other two are from the same session and Hendy got pushed into a wall by a shield. We were wondering how we'd finish the escape granted Hendy could not be shot at but he was able to go to the other end of the wall, wiggle his way through, and then coming out of the cellar. Basically Hendy is a cat that got stuck in the walls.

averox fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 23, 2013

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is there a way to stop this game from acting like its the first time I'm booting it up always?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zylche posted:

Reported Bats for being a hacker :colbert:

He's the worst. Fortunately he was able to enjoy the bulldozer/tazer conga line with me during Watchdogs.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is there a newbie guide for playing this game? I just got the game, and have tried to play 2 normal heists, and have been vote kicked both games in a row, just after being told we are to escape.

With no explanation given, for what i did wrong.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

fennesz posted:

I came up with a pretty good use for money that's just sitting in your bank vault. At any point in time you can spend, just to name an arbitrary starting point, 100k to purchase a random card that contains a mask, mask material/pattern/color or a weapon mod that you don't own. If you spend more than, let's say, 200k you get multiple cards. Or you can plunk down ungodly sums of 10 million and get a huge deck of cards that has a healthy chance of containing infamous items or weapon mods/patterns you don't currently have. Let me spend my money Overkill!

This would be nice, as I was already reminded of having tons of money from GTA4 by the time I broke two million. I'm also thinking that once you hit a certain level, 20 for example, cash cards should be removed entirely. It'd also be nice if players could trade with each other in between jobs.

Also am I imagining poo poo or was the Reinfeld changed? It seemed to suffer from video game shotgun syndrome last night.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Excuse me, the police can hack too.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882990709136768178/AF98F2E8A157D4CF242CEA52AE06874F9BFDD1BD/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

UberJumper posted:

Is there a newbie guide for playing this game? I just got the game, and have tried to play 2 normal heists, and have been vote kicked both games in a row, just after being told we are to escape.

You were just partnered with turds.

Apart from playing and making mistakes and learning that way I could suggest a few things. Read the descriptions on all of the equipment so you know what they can do. Take a few minutes to read up on most of the skill trees so you know what you'll be getting yourself into. It might not be a bad idea to try to play a heist you've never done before from the beginning. Look for the "In Lobby" text when you highlight a job.

Capn Beeb posted:

Also am I imagining poo poo or was the Reinfeld changed? It seemed to suffer from video game shotgun syndrome last night.

I can't speak to the Renfield but I did notice that my Mosconi wasn't reliably headshotting fools at medium range like it used to. Maybe they borked tweaked how shotgun spread works?

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 23, 2013

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Almir posted about the amount of content in the game here about an hour ago:

Almir posted:

Hey Dr. Mantis Toboggan!

Thanks for your questions!

1. What constitutes a heist, stage and mission?
You have contracts / jobs which has days / heists in them along with escapes that can happen somewhere inbetween or after.

2. Was there content cut from the final game due to releasing early?
First of all, the game wasn't released early. The game was released exactly when we meant to. There are many out there that assume that we've been pushed into releasing something that they think is unfinished - but that is not the case. We at OVERKILL think the game was finished when it was released. As soon as the game was released, we continued our plan of supporting the game with DLC, free content and updates.

Since the release 11 days ago, there have been bugs that have been discovered, issues that players have experienced among many other things. Since then, we have done 5 updates where we have adressed many bugs, added content and implemented community requested features like a filter for Crime.net.

I still see people that are unable to play the game for various reasons, and we do the best we can to make sure we help them. We won't be able to solve all issues at once, but we do our best to help solve them as soon as we can.

During the production of PAYDAY 2, we have had many heist ideas that we've worked on and scrapped for various reasons. Like in any project, someone gets a good idea, you implement it and then you either continue if it's good enough or you throw it away if it's not. Some people have looked through the game files and found names for jobs that can't be played in the game. Those are most likely working names. Some might be work files of the current DLC that is in production.

3. If so, does the missing content contribute to the previous quotes stating how much content would be in the release game, or do we really have the 17 heists and 30 stages that were advertised?
No it does not. During the past year, David has been a real trooper and has, together with Andreas and 505 Staff travelled the world and made countless of interviews with numerous people. Because of the human factor, either David can have said something incorrect or the journalist / interviewer can have misinterpreted something. We're unable to go back and read each interview to make sure that what we said actually made it in print.

I understand that there are people that use these things "against us", but I prefer it if we continue to be as direct as we can with you - even if there is a risk that we say something that isn't 100% accurate - than not sharing things with you at all.

4. If content was cut, will it be finished, and will it be free?
The only content that we cut for release is the cloaker. We are still working on making sure he works the way we intend him to do. However - the safe house customization has never been promised at release! When you go through the safe house, even Bain confirms that you'll be able to customize it down the line.

The cloaker will be finished, and he will be added for everyone when the time comes. In classic OVERKILL style, we'll do it in our way, which I am sure you will enjoy thoroughly.

There are also rumours going about that we are avoiding the forums. That is not true. I am here as often as I can - I love the fact that it's such a vibrant place, filled with discussion about the game. I've already adressed that I think there are too many threads being posted about the same things and that we want to do something about it. Sadly, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to be able to reply to every thread, and the rest of the OVERKILL crew are hard at work making sure they bring you the best content we can.

I think that people have been making mountains out of molehills regarding rumours about "unfinished content" and the game being "released too early". Community members are free to think exactly what they want and we love it when you share it in a civilized manner. We take note and we talk amongst ourselves, making sure the next update or release benefit from that information.

My message to everyone is this: take it easy! The game is out, we are following our plan and continue to support PAYDAY 2, working on delivering quality DLC's ( as you can see here) along with free content and updates.

Thanks again for the questions and I hope you all have a great heist-filled Hoxtalicious weekend!

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Anyone else realize the biggest issue in this game- the banks are not FDIC insured... so we are taking money from the people, not the Feds. How can I live with myself? Killing 100+ cops doing their job is one thing, but taking money from ordinary people... I'm a monster.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Rapdawg posted:

Anyone else realize the biggest issue in this game- the banks are not FDIC insured... so we are taking money from the people, not the Feds. How can I live with myself? Killing 100+ cops doing their job is one thing, but taking money from ordinary people... I'm a monster.

Surely they're FDIC member banks. Else why would the FBI show up, so eager to die? You think the federal government shows up to these things for the virtue of it? They got their thumb in the pie you're snatching.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Mash posted:

What about the valid criticism that multi-day missions don't reward enough cards?

That levelling slows down to a crawl, especially now that you can't do Ukranians?

That it should be (somewhat) similarly rewarding to do ALL the missions rather than either one group or another?

The discussion got out of hand with Mr Scumbag insulting everyone but I think I made several valid points in my original post. I also never said anything about the difficulty of escape missions, nor did anyone else. That was a complete strawman. As is your "solo grinding" vs "play a coop game with people now" as if one-day missions weren't also more rewarding (and fun) when done coop as opposed to alone. Of all the single-day heists I've run, no more than 10% AT MOST have been solo, another 10-15% have been with pubbies and all the rest have been with friends.

Mr Scumbag posted:

My biggest problem is with the bank job. It's hard enough with certain groups getting 8+ bags out to the van, and now we have to get them all across another map as well? It kills all my motivation to play a map I otherwise really enjoy. Goodbye to the feeling after getting back to the van and escaping, now you get ANOTHER chance to wipe!

You personally never said anything about it but someone certainly did.

Not getting enough cards on multi-day missions does kind of suck. The leveling however is perfectly fine since the Overkill difficulty multi-day missions give a fuckload of experience. So I'm not sure how leveling is slowed down to a crawl when I've been gaining experience faster than ever and I'm level 75. I'd have a lot more sympathy for your argument if all the single day missions except bank heist weren't trivially easy and actually required effort beyond "Have Tech with Shaped Charges" or "Walk in front door mash F".

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caufman posted:

Surely they're FDIC member banks. Else why would the FBI show up, so eager to die? You think the federal government shows up to these things for the virtue of it? They got their thumb in the pie you're snatching.

Plus all the cops you've killed were 3 days from retirement.

All of them

Post e:
So I'm level 50 and I did Frames for the first time today. While at the same time pretending that I knew what I was doing. My cover got blown when I started to laugh my rear end off as the helicopter starting throwing money at me.

Double e: No, I didn't farm Uke either. I liked the bank heists that much.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 23, 2013

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Gotta say, while I've generally enjoyed playing with pubbies the one thing that's begin to piss me off is the incredibly common belief among them that carrying bags to the exit means you don't keep the bags, which they seem to cling to with the same fervor that the pope believes in god. I had one idiot refuse to leave an overkill ukranian job while we were under heavy fire because he was convinced, just convinced that I wouldn't be taking a single bag of jewelery with me.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Feeble posted:

Gotta say, while I've generally enjoyed playing with pubbies the one thing that's begin to piss me off is the incredibly common belief among them that carrying bags to the exit means you don't keep the bags, which they seem to cling to with the same fervor that the pope believes in god. I had one idiot refuse to leave an overkill ukranian job while we were under heavy fire because he was convinced, just convinced that I wouldn't be taking a single bag of jewelery with me.

Yesterday I'd have kicked him so I wouldn't have had to wait out an assault.

Today I am rolling in money and levels thanks to beefier multi day heists.

I am so down with everything in this patch.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

UberJumper posted:

If no one else has said it. If you are on PC look me up on steam and send a friend invite same name there and here. I will be more than happy to go through some heists to help you learn the ropes.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Almir posted:

However - the safe house customization has never been promised at release! When you go through the safe house, even Bain confirms that you'll be able to customize it down the line.

This is kind of gross. It's not something I've missed but when there are lines in the game going "yo maybe we could do this" in the tutorial but it's not something that actually comes with the game (and since he didn't address the "will stuff be free" part of the question at all I have to assume it won't), I can easily understand how people might be bothered.

They've most certainly been getting tons of poo poo from people but reading all their posts downplaying and misrepresenting arguments is really grating. I don't think Almir is very good at his job.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

quote:

However - the safe house customization has never been promised at release! When you go through the safe house, even Bain confirms that you'll be able to customize it down the line.

:rolleyes:

Did anyone honestly take the phrase "down the line" as meaning "when we add it into the game" and not "when you have cash and poo poo?" It seems OK is terrified to admit that they may have released earlier than intended or maybe would have been wise, and then in the next breath talk about stuff that was cut from release. I personally don't care - OK has been doing a great job and I'm sure this stuff is coming in due time, just don't play semantics with me.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

They've most certainly been getting tons of poo poo from people but reading all their posts downplaying and misrepresenting arguments is really grating. I don't think Almir is very good at his job.

I'll certainly agree with you regarding his "implemented community requested features like a filter for Crime.net" bit, because that's absolute horseshit and they can't not know it. I imagine the overwhelming majority of people asking for filters actually meant "let us pick the mission and difficulty we want". The only real improvement yesterday's patch made to crime.net was that you no longer have to zoom out every time you open it.

Bolow posted:

The primary thing the patch does is gently caress over everyone who was solo grinding cards.

I'm willing to bet there's still loving legions of players solo grinding cards as we speak. Nature finds a way and all that. Meanwhile the devs have wasted their time with a 1gb patch that did very little to improve the game for the people who play it "properly". Stuff like bagging through walls and guards actually noticing hostages? That's great, put more stuff like that in and let the grinder's punishment be that they never see any of the improved systems while they're racing to 100 and then sodding off to play something else.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Acquire Currency! posted:

Plus all the cops you've killed were 3 days from retirement.

Somewhere out there is a police pension manager who's just having the best week of their life.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
But we totally have at least 17 heists, guys!

Four Stores
Mallcrasher
Jewelry Store
Pro Job: Ukrainian Job
Nightclub
Bank Heist: Cash
Bank Heist: Deposit
Pro Job: Bank Heist: Gold
Watchdogs
Pro Job: Watchdogs
Rats
Pro Job: Rats
Firestarter
Pro Job: Firestarter
Framing Frame
Pro Job: Framing Frame
Big Oil
Pro Job: Big Oil

:v:

I would actually be fine with this if the any of the Pro heists outside of Jewelry and Bank Heist were in any way different from the normal heists. Like, if Pro Watchdogs, Pro Rats, etc. all had as much difference from the non-Pro versions as Ukrainian does from Jewelry Store, that would actually be 17 heists (I'm not counting Cash/Deposit as two separate heists, seriously).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 23, 2013

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'd be really happy if mult-day heists had a 0% chance of cash cards. Oh, 1.2 million spending from Firestarter? And a $13k cash card? JUST WHAT I NEEDED!

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Pilchenstein posted:

I'll certainly agree with you regarding his "implemented community requested features like a filter for Crime.net" bit, because that's absolute horseshit and they can't not know it. I imagine the overwhelming majority of people asking for filters actually meant "let us pick the mission and difficulty we want". The only real improvement yesterday's patch made to crime.net was that you no longer have to zoom out every time you open it.

That, but also just reading stuff like this:

David Goldfarb (@locust9) posted:

"This soup is too cold! it tastes like shoes! and the portions are so small!" -- the Internet, about anything.

As someone who thinks the game legitimately has problems (full disclosure I've still played the gently caress out of it and still will continue to do so), it's aggravating being lumped in with the people that are pissed their game tastes like shoes, or whatever.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I would actually be fine with this if the any of the Pro heists outside of Jewelry and Bank Heist were in any way different from the normal heists. Like, if Pro Watchdogs, Pro Rats, etc. all had as much difference from the non-Pro versions as Ukrainian does from Jewelry Store, that would actually be 17 heists (I'm not counting Cash/Deposit as two separate heists, seriously).

The whole Pro heist thing is even better when you realize that's why they won't ever put in the proper ability to just pick your heist and difficulty.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm willing to bet there's still loving legions of players solo grinding cards as we speak. Nature finds a way and all that. Meanwhile the devs have wasted their time with a 1gb patch that did very little to improve the game for the people who play it "properly". Stuff like bagging through walls and guards actually noticing hostages? That's great, put more stuff like that in and let the grinder's punishment be that they never see any of the improved systems while they're racing to 100 and then sodding off to play something else.

My current foray into pugs suggest that they're all trying to do Rats now. Badly.

Hotbod Handsomeface
Dec 28, 2009

UberJumper posted:

You need to get into the mumble and steam group from the OP so you can play with some goons. You will be accommodated and provided with some of the best heists you will ever see.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

The whole Pro heist thing is even better when you realize that's why they won't ever put in the proper ability to just pick your heist and difficulty.

No, they won't do that because they're convinced that forcing us to play random heists instead of the heists we like is brilliant design.

But even if they did patch in the ability to pick which heist and difficulty you want to play, they could make the game only offer you a couple of Pro heists at any given time by just keeping the map as the heist selection interface. Have every non-Pro heist on the map at all times (in specific parts of the map), let us pick which difficulty we want when we pick the game options, and randomly place a couple of Pro heist icons on the map (you wouldn't be able to always play the Pro heists but I wouldn't mind that as much).

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
I just hit level 27 and I've yet to receive a mask card D: this loving game. I just want to be a unique snowflake too.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

H2SO4 posted:

:rolleyes:

Did anyone honestly take the phrase "down the line" as meaning "when we add it into the game" and not "when you have cash and poo poo?" It seems OK is terrified to admit that they may have released earlier than intended or maybe would have been wise, and then in the next breath talk about stuff that was cut from release. I personally don't care - OK has been doing a great job and I'm sure this stuff is coming in due time, just don't play semantics with me.

What do people want to customize the safe house for? Serious I am curious about this. I think I have only visited the safe house a total of two times so maybe I am missing something. Are people upset that they can't add black leather sofas and wall paintings to their video game house?

E; ^^^ Got the hockey mask last night :cheers:

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
I sent a couple invites out to people who listed their PSN id, PSN is Gestalt88

Anyone on PS3 feel free to add me, be warned though I am pretty much a noob that can follow directions.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

56k posted:

Are people upset that they can't add black leather sofas and wall paintings to their video game house?

I'd like to convert my vault into a diving pool, myself.

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

I'd like to customize my suit and tie colors as well. Hell maybe even the gloves. Something to throw more cash at.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

I sent a couple invites out to people who listed their PSN id, PSN is Gestalt88

Anyone on PS3 feel free to add me, be warned though I am pretty much a noob that can follow directions.

I'll be on in about 30 minutes. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Before safehouse customization I'd prefer the removal of the inventar limit. Why give us more weapons than we can own at once, especially since you can have multiple useful builds for most of them... it's even worse with Masks, cause unlike guns you can't change them around the way you need/want them for money, but have to sell them completly if you want to rebuild them.
It's not that the menu does not support multiple pages as we have them in the buy menu.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Bolow posted:

My current foray into pugs suggest that they're all trying to do Rats now. Badly.

Doing Rats badly was always pretty decent cash & xp though. :v:

56k posted:

What do people want to customize the safe house for? Serious I am curious about this. I think I have only visited the safe house a total of two times so maybe I am missing something. Are people upset that they can't add black leather sofas and wall paintings to their video game house?

Is it really that different to adding radioactive cthulu tentacles to their video game face?

I can't say I'm awaiting safehouse customisation with baited breath, since I've only been in there once since the tutorial (to take a screenshot of my :10bux:) but I definitely took Bain's "You can upgrade the safehouse later" line as meaning "once you have money" not "once it gets patched in", so I can completely understand why players with a penchant for interior design might be annoyed.

Edit: I just found the final word on yesterday's patch in an unread steam message from my mate: "Fuk me they didnt need to buffdozers"

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 23, 2013

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

H2SO4 posted:

poo poo. I wasn't prepared for this rebuttal. Now I'm conflicted.

Okay, how about this. Blow up one bag, rescue the rest - best of both worlds.

Here's my proposal, now that I've had time to calm down:
Stealth it as much as possible and get as many body bags as you can, then you can take all the guns to the van but before you leave you have to make the body bags BOOM!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've just realised there's a patch 6 and the ECM/pager change I mistakenly thought was added yesterday is now live. :doh:

If anyone's tested it, can you save me a few minutes of clowning around and tell me if you can still answer the pagers by choice before the jammer expires? If you can, then this is a very useful change for dealing with guards who use the buddy system. If however you still have to answer all the pagers simultaneously when the jammer expires, I can't see it being that useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vita
Nov 7, 2009

Reported, hope this loving cocksucker gets what's coming to him soon. :colbert:

• Locked thread