Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Pilchenstein posted:

I've just realised there's a patch 6 and the ECM/pager change I mistakenly thought was added yesterday is now live. :doh:

Oh neat you're right, I think it got lost in the hoopla

quote:

General
Fixed a Steam disconnect crash
Fixed collision on Watchdogs Day 1
Added so that the ECM blocks pagers if deployed BEFORE they go off. Warning: they come back after the ECM is done. Then you need to deal with them as usual. The ECM is a delay of the call not a terminator of it

Though I'm honestly not sure where that delay would be useful. Maybe if you can bag the body while the ECM is up you can circumvent the call entirely but I'm sure that's not intended if you even can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pilchenstein posted:

I've just realised there's a patch 6 and the ECM/pager change I mistakenly thought was added yesterday is now live. :doh:

If anyone's tested it, can you save me a few minutes of clowning around and tell me if you can still answer the pagers by choice before the jammer expires? If you can, then this is a very useful change for dealing with guards who use the buddy system. If however you still have to answer all the pagers simultaneously when the jammer expires, I can't see it being that useful.

If you can move the bodies (I assume not...) then it could be useful by allowing you to answer it somewhere more convenient. Other than that, meh.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Firestarter Overkill is a hilarious reward if you get a good day 2 vault now, our group just got 1.65 million. Side note, when you take the camera after burning the money on day 3, an alert to the cops gets called in. It's best to do your lock picking and deposit sawing before grabbing it. You can also put the bags in the back of your van now too.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm willing to bet there's still loving legions of players solo grinding cards as we speak. Nature finds a way and all that. Meanwhile the devs have wasted their time with a 1gb patch that did very little to improve the game for the people who play it "properly". Stuff like bagging through walls and guards actually noticing hostages? That's great, put more stuff like that in and let the grinder's punishment be that they never see any of the improved systems while they're racing to 100 and then sodding off to play something else.

The XP buff for multi-day missions is huge improvement for people who play the game properly.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

DatonKallandor posted:

The XP buff for multi-day missions is huge improvement for people who play the game properly.

Yep. I'm much happier with thexp grind method being longer and more difficult heists cos I am sick to loving death of 35 second smash and grabs.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I've liked how they are patching things and dealing with issues fast while being very open, however all of the posts asking people to be less mean come off as a bit.. unprofessional. On that note, I have a question for all of you.

What would we want in the Safehouse?

Its kind of a boring area and is a tutorial area, but even if you could paint it or play the Sims 4 in it, why bother? You can only go in it alone- it just seems like an area that is cool to go in and check out my fat cash but aside from that it is... pointless.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
500k bank job. In the crew menu at the end as everyone was congratulating each other one dude goes "Acquire Currency just wrecked poo poo up."

36 Headshots.
56 Kills.
Mother. loving. Mosconi.
Praise the Shotgun :black101:

E: Being able to see the money bags is loving choice, by the way. Nothing like a van loaded to the brim.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Acquire Currency! posted:

500k bank job. In the crew menu at the end as everyone was congratulating each other one dude goes "Acquire Currency just wrecked poo poo up."

36 Headshots.
56 Kills.
Mother. loving. Mosconi.
Praise the Shotgun :black101:

I have the Mosconi and it does kill most things that you point it at... but for me so far it is not the greatest thing of all time. Is it that I lack the perks for it, or is it that I don't yet realize the awesome?

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
I just started playing the game yesterday, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt, but the XP/cash seems great for new players. Granted I was pretty much slammed through the first 30 levels (thanks a lot avernox, Bats, Pyraen, and An Innocent Bystandard) so maybe I was getting amazing rewards from the get-go, but even when I played a game or two with pubbies and did the Jewelery Store smash and grab + escape it was a lot of fun.

Can't believe I've never really heard of Payday before this, it is just perfectly tailor-made for me. A team-based PvE online FPS with RPG-lite elements? Sign me up.

The single-day vs. multi-day argument seems a little strange to me though. Mainly because, as a totally new player, I thought the single days would be relatively low risk/reward with a similarly low pay out while the multi-days would be more, more, MORE! I think Overkill did a good job balancing it out for newer players in its current iteration.

UberJumper posted:

Is there a newbie guide for playing this game? I just got the game, and have tried to play 2 normal heists, and have been vote kicked both games in a row, just after being told we are to escape.

With no explanation given, for what i did wrong.

It's been said before, but you should really get in the steam group (linked in the OP, a PGS thread) and play with people here. I was in the same situation as you last night, every game I joined I'd try to be nice and tell everyone "hey, I'm new. Can I play here? I'll follow orders!" and just got kicked from every game ever until I found one decent group of pubbies. After getting in the steam group and hooking up with the guys I listed above... well 3 hours or so of fun times. I learned a couple of the maps, got some decent advice, and just had a blast.

It is really a shame that pretty much every online game ever has such a caustic playerbase. I don't really mind playing with random people online, but it can be a chore wading through legions of weirdos.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Capn Beeb posted:

Also am I imagining poo poo or was the Reinfeld changed? It seemed to suffer from video game shotgun syndrome last night.
Did you put Shark Teeth on it? I had it on for a while and it felt like my 870 kept missing and then I noticed that Shark Teeth hits your accuracy hard. Took that poo poo off and it was back to being not poo poo.

Rapdawg posted:

I've liked how they are patching things and dealing with issues fast while being very open, however all of the posts asking people to be less mean come off as a bit.. unprofessional. On that note, I have a question for all of you.

What would we want in the Safehouse?

Its kind of a boring area and is a tutorial area, but even if you could paint it or play the Sims 4 in it, why bother? You can only go in it alone- it just seems like an area that is cool to go in and check out my fat cash but aside from that it is... pointless.
More weapon slots so I can actually buy every gun/buy multiples of every gun. Also a larger vault so the money keeps stacking up past 12 million.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The Mosconinis pretty drat good if you can reliably pull off head shots. It loses its effectiveness at long range (think rats house to the edge of the map, or trying to take down the snipers in watchdogs), but in general, it's pretty good. It reminds me a lot of PD1's Reinbeck, which was my main weapon.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

"Mosconi" is Italian for The Middle Finger Of God.

It's hugely damaging and has a tight as hell shot spread. This leads to occasions where missing is possible, but it's not a shotgun for people who can miss and those it does hit are basically loving wrecked. Not knocked down on their rear end ready to keep coming at you some more ala Reinfeld, capital W Wrecked.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rapdawg posted:

I have the Mosconi and it does kill most things that you point it at... but for me so far it is not the greatest thing of all time. Is it that I lack the perks for it, or is it that I don't yet realize the awesome?

Depends on your spec really. If you're a tech the 308 is better 90% of the time. The Mosconi really shines at the close/med range with lots of cover.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Speaking of the safehouse, it'd probably add like thirty seconds to the pre-mission load, but once they add in customization, I'd like the lobby to actually BE the host's safehouse instead of the waiting screen. That way, you could bounce on the couch, marvel at the vault, and look at the guns and masks and poo poo while they browse Crimenet. And for boring people, add the Skills and Inventory loadouts to the esc menu.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Use no mods on it. Never take a shot without aiming unless the fucker is right in front of you (prepare for hilarious ragdolls).

Bulletstorm. Sweet merciful Allah get bullet storm.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If you get good enough at it, though, you can sort of quick-turn-shoot type aim, where you just sort of snap to the dude's head and get a shot off. Just like PD1, unless you're doing looong range sniping, it's a 1-shot-1-kill type sniping weapon.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

Rapdawg posted:

I think you just haven't realized the awesome. You don't need perks to make the Mosconi the best gun in the game:
  • It kills almost everything in the game in one shot. Bulldozers are the main exception, and Tazers if you don't hit the head/aren't close enough.
  • Each enemy drops one shell for it - one shell kills an enemy, so if you're close enough to grab ammo drops it has virtually infinite ammo
  • It's extremely accurate and can snipe headshots from rather long distances if you use ironsights. Only one pellet needs to hit the target for max damage and with how tight its spread is you're guaranteed to hit something you're pointing at with at least one pellet
  • Its reload speed is perfect, you can pop two shots off then duck into cover and reload, you'll finish reloading right around the time your armor charges.

Since learning how ammo bags work I use the Mosconi literally exclusively - I never fire a single shot from a secondary unless it needs to be silenced, and every time I've tried switching primaries I've missed the Mosconi. It literally feels like the best tool for every single non-stealth combat situation and it needs a rebalance.

I'm kind of weird though the only other primary I can tolerate is the JP36 which is criminally underrated just because its per-shot damage is low :smith: Stellar accuracy/recoil/ammo efficiency on that thing.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 24, 2013

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

H2SO4 posted:

poo poo. I wasn't prepared for this rebuttal. Now I'm conflicted.

Okay, how about this. Blow up one bag, rescue the rest - best of both worlds.
That wouldn't be a very big explosion :colbert:

UberJumper posted:

Is there a newbie guide for playing this game? I just got the game, and have tried to play 2 normal heists, and have been vote kicked both games in a row, just after being told we are to escape.

With no explanation given, for what i did wrong.
Pubbies are cunts, play with goons.
We're still cunts but we're cunts that like you.

Aliginge posted:

"Mosconi" is Italian for The Middle Finger Of God.

It's hugely damaging and has a tight as hell shot spread. This leads to occasions where missing is possible, but it's not a shotgun for people who can miss and those it does hit are basically loving wrecked. Not knocked down on their rear end ready to keep coming at you some more ala Reinfeld, capital W Wrecked.
Also, once yiu get a certain mod for it, it looks like the doom super shotgun. Which makes it the best gun in the game.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

I think you just haven't realized the awesome. You don't need perks to make the Mosconi the best gun in the game:
  • It kills almost everything in the game in one shot. Bulldozers are the main exception, and Tazers if you don't hit the head/aren't close enough.
  • Each enemy drops one shell for it - one shell kills an enemy, so if you're close enough to grab ammo drops it has virtually infinite ammo
  • It's extremely accurate and can snipe headshots from rather long distances if you use ironsights. Only one pellet needs to hit the target for max damage and with how tight its spread is you're guaranteed to hit something you're pointing at with at least one pellet
  • Its reload speed is perfect, you can pop two shots off then duck into cover and reload, you'll finish reloading right around the time your armor charges.

Since learning how ammo bags work I use the Mosconi literally exclusively - I never fire a single shot from a secondary unless it needs to be silenced, and every time I've tried switching primaries I've missed the Mosconi. It literally feels like the best tool for every single non-stealth combat situation and it needs a rebalance.

I'm kind of weird though the only other primary I can tolerate is the JP36 which is criminally underrated just because its per-shot damage is low :smith: Stellar accuracy/recoil/ammo efficiency on that thing.

It's ironic that even though I have two ammo bags and (usually) the highest body count, I rarely ever have to grab ammo, unless I start trying to take shots at far away guys.

Letting them get to close/medium range has two benefits: everyone (minus dozers) goes down in one shot at that range, aiming barely required, AND, you can easily pick up their ammo at that range.

Probably the worst aspect of the mosconi is when you're facing multiple enemies and no quick retreat to cover. That reload, even with the enforcer perks, is brutal when you're under fire.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I'm noticving a discrepancy between the In game workings for Fully Loaded and how Skill calculators show it.

Apparently you now carry more starting ammo with the skill, rather than having increased mag capacity, leading to like 225 bullets carried for the JP36. :stare: Say what you will about it's relative weakness, that's a lot of holdout firepower. It also puts the AK7.62 up to 116 which is great the Krinkov up to 75 and the Mark10 up to 100. Softens the blow a bunch on the low ammo count of those weapons.

I just discovered the G36 recently, my word. Upgrading that thing gives you the easiest handling rifle in the game. I want more mods for it that pulls down it's recoil even more.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Aliginge posted:

I just discovered the G36 recently, my word. Upgrading that thing gives you the easiest handling rifle in the game. I want more mods for it that pulls down it's recoil even more.

Try a modded AK5 (FNC), its recoil is like an airsoft rifle.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Party Plane Jones posted:

Side note, when you take the camera after burning the money on day 3, an alert to the cops gets called in. It's best to do your lock picking and deposit sawing before grabbing it.

This isn't true, we completely stealthed the entirety of Overkill Firestarters Day 3 earlier today.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tomahawk posted:

This isn't true, we completely stealthed the entirety of Overkill Firestarters Day 3 earlier today.

Really? We went through the entirety of Day 3 with every civilian dead and saws operating at full blast. It was only when we picked up the camera that we got a "Civilian has called the police."

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Rapdawg posted:

Bank gold in my opinion is an optimal balance between loot and shoot and monetary and xp gain for me being >50

I've gotten 600 grand paydays on overkill gold

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I loved using shotguns when I was an Enforcer, but they are still good even after I respecced into Technician for C4 and bulletproof. I would stick with the Reinfield for general shotgun fun due to its higher capacity and reserves while the Mosconi is reserved when the FBI SWATs arrive because I don't gently caress around with those assholes.

I am warming up to the AMR-16 now that I slapped on some mods that toned down the recoil to match that of the base CAR-4. I wish it had an extra magazine because 90 rounds isn't enough due to how fast this thing shoots.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

To all you brand new folks who have no clue about whats going on or how to do anything: run Four Stores a couple of times. I think it's pretty much meant to be the introductory level, there's just nothing in the game to indicate that.

It's a fairly easy heist in a small area and it's got a bit of everything. You'll get to deal with yelling at civs and taking hostages, cameras, safecracking, and you'll learn to spot other opportunities like loose cash and registers. There's plenty of cover in and outside the storefronts so you can practice moving under fire and keeping your head down when your armor depletes. The layout of the place also kind of encourages everyone to split up a bit, and the heist is easy enough that one person can complete it, so even if you gently caress off experimenting and don't contribute heavily you should be fine.

I really enjoy Four Stores and think it's a great intro map. It's too bad the payout is low enough that after you're out of the newbie phase it doesn't hold much appeal.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

DatonKallandor posted:

I was thinking more in terms of stuff that actually impacts gameplay.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Really? We went through the entirety of Day 3 with every civilian dead and saws operating at full blast. It was only when we picked up the camera that we got a "Civilian has called the police."

What probably happened is a civilian entered the map as you were sawing, ran off and called the police. Using the saw, even inside the bank vault, seems to alert literally everyone on the map. Aside from the question of how far the sound would actually travel, who calls the police when they hear a saw?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I recently got a 360 and was given Payday2 as a bday present. So, it's like Left4Dead but a heist movie?

Is there like a steam group option on xbox live or do I just need to pub it up?

Please say I don't have to pub it up :smith:

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.

Pilchenstein posted:

who calls the police when they hear a saw?

Welcome to post-9/11 DC.

I've been experimenting with the silencer perks in Ghost and I don't really notice a damage drop anymore. If there is one, it's minor. Plus the recoil/accuracy skill Professional is quite nice. Along with Leadership, Sharpshooter, Rifleman, and SMG Specialist, my silenced AK and Para are Very Good. Any spread or recoil that was on the 308 is gone, too.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Aliginge posted:

I'm noticving a discrepancy between the In game workings for Fully Loaded and how Skill calculators show it.

Apparently you now carry more starting ammo with the skill, rather than having increased mag capacity, leading to like 225 bullets carried for the JP36. :stare: Say what you will about it's relative weakness, that's a lot of holdout firepower. It also puts the AK7.62 up to 116 which is great the Krinkov up to 75 and the Mark10 up to 100. Softens the blow a bunch on the low ammo count of those weapons.

This isn't a discrepancy, fully loaded isn't supposed to increase your mag capacity. It's just worded really lovely.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy hell, 15 bags into the chopper at the end of a VH Rats. The animation for filling it capped out at like 6.

Also Bulletstorm is amazing, I'm always saving 1 ammo bag from now on because it turns those "poo poo there's a hallway/street full of cops between us and the van" situations from potential wipes into hilarious 10 second blood orgies. Goddamn.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Pleads posted:

Holy hell, 15 bags into the chopper at the end of a VH Rats. The animation for filling it capped out at like 6.

If only it had been Pro Overkill. Still, we managed to salvage a really sloppy day 2, so it was all good.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

Vatek posted:

This isn't a discrepancy, fully loaded isn't supposed to increase your mag capacity. It's just worded really lovely.

There's not a problem with Fully Loaded's wording: "Your total ammo capacity is increased." That's exactly what it does - there is a Tech skill called Mag Plus that increases magazine capacity so maybe there's some confusion with that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pilchenstein posted:

What probably happened is a civilian entered the map as you were sawing, ran off and called the police.

Here's the thing, the saw was running full blast for a whole 5 minutes before we picked up the camera with nary a problem.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

There's not a problem with Fully Loaded's wording: "Your total ammo capacity is increased." That's exactly what it does - there is a Tech skill called Mag Plus that increases magazine capacity so maybe there's some confusion with that.

Oh, pd2skills.info must be using an old build with bad text then.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The confusion comes from the pd2skills site has Fully Loaded listed as "increases magazine capacity" which is just flat out wrong. The in-game one just says "Your total ammo capacity is increased" like you said so it's obvious what it does.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
For someone somehow reading this without owning the game I have two copies left from my 4-pack that some buds fell through on.

Up for $22.50, just add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/Selious

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Insert name here posted:

The confusion comes from the pd2skills site has Fully Loaded listed as "increases magazine capacity" which is just flat out wrong. The in-game one just says "Your total ammo capacity is increased" like you said so it's obvious what it does.

It apparently just got fixed.

The site now has detailed numbers affixed under every skill as well, but it seems like it might be going off of that one outdated Steam guide more than anything else. Still has the old Silent Killer numbers, at least, whereas Ace Cable Guy is listed as 6 ties.

Edit: Oddly enough, now that multi-day XP is nuts, would Fast Learner actually be worth something?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

John Murdoch posted:

Edit: Oddly enough, now that multi-day XP is nuts, would Fast Learner actually be worth something?

It always was? If acing stacks it, 20% bonus exp is very welcome. If not, my groups are still thankful for it. I will probably spec out of it once I'm in the 80s, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Fast learner has always been worthwhile. Since I'm working my way up mastermind anyway, why the hell wouldn't I take a skill that reduces the effort to lvl up by 1/10th. It's not huge hit to your skill point total and if it speeds my leveling up by even a tiny bit it seems worth it.

Zurreco posted:

It always was? If acing stacks it, 20% bonus exp is very welcome. If not, my groups are still thankful for it. I will probably spec out of it once I'm in the 80s, though.
It doesn't stack. The first level says it increases how much experience you get while the second only says that your crew gets the exp bonus as well. Unless that's a poorly done description it means that acing it only gives your squad the 10% bonus while not increasing your bonus any further.

• Locked thread