Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The News at 5
Dec 25, 2009

I'm Chance Everyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.

Aleph Null posted:

Do you know who thinks it lazy? People without children or people with grown children.

Edit: funny picture

Laugh all you want at that picture, but the major chair manufacturers do not gently caress around. In the last year I have had to take a crew into two separate major companies' local offices to perform extremely specific maintenance because:

Company A had a single person in Canada fall off their chair (out of probably a few hundred thousand employees in this exact chair at that company alone). Every location across both the US and Canada (possibly other places) had to have a fourteen-point inspection done on every single chair because of this. Out of the 800 or so my company did, we found zero problems.

Company B decided that, with enough concentrated effort, an employee could conceivably remove the back cushion on their chair, which would then have to be popped back into place for the chair to be fully functional again (total time investment should this happen: like twenty seconds). Because of this, they sent a representative and contracted furniture installation/service companies in at least five countries across the world that I know of for sure to go in and put five self-tapping screws directly into the back of every chair, roughly eight hundred at the location I serviced, so that this was impossible (total time investment per chair: like two to eight minutes).

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
The poo poo-eating grin on the non-coned dog. Holy poo poo.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jeff Goldblum IRL posted:

Laugh all you want at that picture, but the major chair manufacturers do not gently caress around. In the last year I have had to take a crew into two separate major companies' local offices to perform extremely specific maintenance because:

Company A had a single person in Canada fall off their chair (out of probably a few hundred thousand employees in this exact chair at that company alone). Every location across both the US and Canada (possibly other places) had to have a fourteen-point inspection done on every single chair because of this. Out of the 800 or so my company did, we found zero problems.

Company B decided that, with enough concentrated effort, an employee could conceivably remove the back cushion on their chair, which would then have to be popped back into place for the chair to be fully functional again (total time investment should this happen: like twenty seconds). Because of this, they sent a representative and contracted furniture installation/service companies in at least five countries across the world that I know of for sure to go in and put five self-tapping screws directly into the back of every chair, roughly eight hundred at the location I serviced, so that this was impossible (total time investment per chair: like two to eight minutes).

A few years back a teenage boy was killed when his office chair broke in a way that led to a spring literally tearing his rear end in a top hat open causing him to bleed to death. So I think I understand why they might be a bit nervous after that.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

rodbeard posted:

A few years back a teenage boy was killed when his office chair broke in a way that led to a spring literally tearing his rear end in a top hat open causing him to bleed to death. So I think I understand why they might be a bit nervous after that.

To be fair it was because he kept bouncing up and down so much the gas cylinder ruptured. Someone should hire a company to leash employees to their chair so it doesn't happen again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

I love everything about this image, and everything about True american Dog in general.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

They really need to stop making these things. It's like telling a goon 'if you click through this link you're going to regret it' and it's the same story every time. You know that button is getting pushed, and pushed hard.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

lushka16 posted:

Wait... can we come back to this? Where is this from?

I choose to assume it's a page of an awesome Rap Studies textbook, and the passage is chosen as an example of rap that is not good, and is followed by an excerpt from a rap that is good.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Male Man posted:

a gravity bong bong

holy poo poo

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Male Man posted:

To be fair it was a pretty sweet bong and my mom said she was proud of me but my boss said I was an idiot because it was a gravity bong which isn't technically a bong because the smoke isn't filtered through water but since then I've been working on a gravity bong bong so I think I'll get the last laugh.

Open, light, draw, remove bowl, close, hit. I call it The Snork.
:getin: :pcgaming:

Revener has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Aug 23, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Revener posted:

Open, light, draw, remove bowl, close, hit. I call it The Snork.
:getin:

Sup baby lungs. Enjoy your toilet water.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

syscall girl posted:

Sup baby lungs. Enjoy your toilet water.

How does the smoke go down into the cave?

Wouldn't it work better with the pot at the cave entrance, a fan blowing the smoke in the cave, and a bunch of dudes inside.

Or have the cave a closed system.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

7thBatallion posted:

The fan sucks it in.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I love how it's the dude from the Maxell commercial.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It looks like someone either didn't understand their Plato, or understood it perfectly.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

7thBatallion posted:

Wouldn't it work better with the pot at the cave entrance, a fan blowing the smoke in the cave, and a bunch of dudes inside.

I think if the cave was a closed system you could technically suffocate

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I think if the cave was a closed system you could technically suffocate

But would you care at that point?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Embalm my neg rear end with krokodil and weed smoke.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

7thBatallion posted:

Then it wouldn't be a bong, it would be a hotbox.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Worse ways to go. Like shrapnel in the anus.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Guys, it's simple. You need a tunnel. Fan on one end, weed and big guy in the middle, then more fans to really get that smoke out there. Blast that smoke all over the place, start a drum circle and giggle a lot.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Don't smoke a weed.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Ok Fella posted:

Baby steps. Baby steps.

Googly eyes make everything funnier.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skeleton Ape posted:

Don't smoke a weed.

I

I fixed it for you

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
I know almost nothing about sportsball, but that's called travelling, right?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stormageddon posted:

I know almost nothing about sportsball, but that's called traveling, right?

DOE! :ughh:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Milwaukee basketball hits a new low.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skeleton Ape posted:

Don't smoke a weed.

He just looks so pleased with himself. :3:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Trast posted:

He just looks so pleased with himself. :3:

Looks like a guilty dog to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ISzf2pryI

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010

Don't worry, this guy was saved

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

He is so fuckin pumped about that helmet, holy poo poo.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

mrpwase posted:

Looks like a guilty dog to me.

Yeah that's definitely an "Oh god please don't kill me" face.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

The old timey British martial art of "baritsu"

"In 1899, Barton-Wright summarised the essential principles of Bartitsu as:

1. To disturb the equilibrium of your assailant.
2. To surprise him before he has time to regain his balance and use his strength.
3. If necessary, to subject the joints of any parts of his body, whether neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, back, knee, ankle, etc. to strains that they are anatomically and mechanically unable to resist."

I say, old chap :tipshat:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-never mind -

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

They really need to stop making these things. It's like telling a goon 'if you click through this link you're going to regret it' and it's the same story every time. You know that button is getting pushed, and pushed hard.

Check out this "don't press this button" prank made in brazil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Svj6fnzvjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Dynastocles posted:

The old timey British martial art of "baritsu"

"In 1899, Barton-Wright summarised the essential principles of Bartitsu as:

1. To disturb the equilibrium of your assailant.
2. To surprise him before he has time to regain his balance and use his strength.
3. If necessary, to subject the joints of any parts of his body, whether neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, back, knee, ankle, etc. to strains that they are anatomically and mechanically unable to resist."

I say, old chap :tipshat:

Baritsu, or Stashitsu? That guy's lip warmer could take out a few hoodlums by itself.

• Locked thread