Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phy posted:

A gun that makes waffles fly through the air. The Red Skull, defeated by Luftwaffles.

Wow. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Yeah Phineas and Ferb has always been pretty awesome I have to say. I end up putting it on far more than I want to admit. The Thor hammer lob really got me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stHZPQQyuJ0

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

prezbuluskey posted:

Yeah Phineas and Ferb has always been pretty awesome I have to say. I end up putting it on far more than I want to admit. The Thor hammer lob really got me:

Okay I'm just going to fire this one out there: who is the narrator on this thing? He does tons of TV stuff and he's got the most overdramatic voice ever and just someone please tell me who he is!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Seeing those Archie comics makes me no longer surprise that the artist who does that Menage a Tres webcomic :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

A gun that makes waffles fly through the air. The Red Skull, defeated by Luftwaffles.

:psyduck:

Holy poo poo.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

prezbuluskey posted:

I'd like to point out that, when the Marvel heroes are rescued by Perry the Platypus, Spiderman asks if he was Howard the Duck. I don't know why but it kills me to hear Howard the Duck actually loving referenced at all.

That and the fact that literally none of the characters which are supposed to be some of the most intelligent in the Marvel universe know what the gently caress a platypus is.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

:aaaaa: :aaa: :aaaaa:

Holy hell.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

As nice as these are we have a cartoon thread. Stills aren't funny panels.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

John Dyne posted:

I'd like to point out that, when the Marvel heroes are rescued by Perry the Platypus, Spiderman asks if he was Howard the Duck. I don't know why but it kills me to hear Howard the Duck actually loving referenced at all.

That and the fact that literally none of the characters which are supposed to be some of the most intelligent in the Marvel universe know what the gently caress a platypus is.

What kills me even more is when they confuse Red Skull with Ghost Rider.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

What kills me even more is when they confuse Red Skull with Ghost Rider.

I thought that was his secret identity?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That episode was better than it had any right to be. The Howard joke had my daughter and me in stitches.

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 29, 2013

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Context, schmontext.

Avengers No. 83

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Ha, Cap drinks his fizzy drinks with a straw. What a maroon!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hulk Smash! posted:

Context, schmontext.

Avengers No. 83

Based on "Red Skull" there, I'm guessing it's a costume party except that's the real Victor Von Doom crashing it for shits and giggles

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Phy posted:

Based on "Red Skull" there, I'm guessing it's a costume party except that's the real Victor Von Doom crashing it for shits and giggles
Doom's mask also has an obvious strap.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Which is double ridiculous, because it's on the outside of his hood!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Guessing that's Stark as Doom and Pym as the Skull. They always liked to mix it up at the annual Avengers/Defenders key parties back in the day.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Context, schmontext.

Avengers No. 83

Anyone familiar with Marvel comics in the 70's already knows the context.

I got so sick of Rutland, Vermont...

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Hulk Smash! posted:

Context, schmontext.

Avengers No. 83

Like the "Cthulhu Lives" poster in the background. :cthulhu:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Like the "Cthulhu Lives" poster in the background. :cthulhu:

I think it's a framed album - Frampton just got the better title.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So does "Doom" have a stubby or is he getting his cough syrup drank on?

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

Phy posted:

Hopefully there is a rematch someday so he can be defeated by Panzercakes.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I think it's a framed album - Frampton just got the better title.

Darkseid lost out bigtime, though.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Hulk Smash! posted:

Context, schmontext.

Avengers No. 83

One of my favorite comics. I actually own it (Avengers 83, if you couldn't figure)

Matlock fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 29, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That's kind of a mouthful for a war cry to remember, Valkyrie...

Random Stranger posted:

Anyone familiar with Marvel comics in the 70's already knows the context.

I got so sick of Rutland, Vermont...

Okay, so for those of us not in the know, what's the deal with Rutland, Vermont? Is it just the Avengers' crash pad for stupid costume parties?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

TwoPair posted:

Okay, so for those of us not in the know, what's the deal with Rutland, Vermont? Is it just the Avengers' crash pad for stupid costume parties?

The city in real life apparently holds a big superhero-themed parade every Hallowe'en, which endeared the city to both DC and Marvel comic writers.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ibntumart posted:

The city in real life apparently holds a big superhero-themed parade every Hallowe'en, which endeared the city to both DC and Marvel comic writers.

Fun fact: Rutland, Vermont is also where seminal D movie and MST3k classic Time Chasers was filmed. So they've seen a lot of weird poo poo.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nothing ever happens in rutland in real life. It is a profoundly uneventful place.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Cabbit posted:

Fun fact: Rutland, Vermont is also where seminal D movie and MST3k classic Time Chasers was filmed. So they've seen a lot of weird poo poo.

Man, I hope they converted that plane into a parade float and someone with a mullet and cokebottle glasses tosses out floppy disks to the crowd.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Anyone have the panel where batman slaps gordon so hard in the face he bleeds?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

That's kind of a mouthful for a war cry to remember, Valkyrie...

Just once I'd like Cap or Iron Man to get confused and accidentally say that instead of "Avengers Assemble!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Reading the wiki about Rutland, I think the best part was that the town became the reason for a three-part unofficial company crossover about Steve Englehart's car getting stolen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Journey Into Mystery ended on the best note it could have ended on: Sif being angry.

Journey Into Mystery 655

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ibntumart posted:

I think the Wikipedia page only has a few of the appearances. Rutland was the site of a very early Defenders story, for example. Perhaps in other appearances it wasn't specified as Rutland, but it always was that town anyway.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TwoPair posted:

Journey Into Mystery ended on the best note it could have ended on: Sif being angry.

Journey Into Mystery 655

Jesus Christ I need to read this. I wonder if this Sif is going to be picked up in Thor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No idea where this is from.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

SynthOrange posted:

No idea where this is from.

JLA: Year One, and I forgot about that panel, that's loving great.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

Nothing ever happens in rutland in real life. It is a profoundly uneventful place.

It's the armpit of the state, a financially depressed white trash-ville also know as RutVegas for its reputation for being the center of drugs and crime in Vermont.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

erazure posted:

It's the armpit of the state, a financially depressed white trash-ville also know as RutVegas for its reputation for being the center of drugs and crime in Vermont.

Nominative determinism rears its ugly head once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was just reading chapter 171 of Fist of the North Star and noticed a familiar face.

• Locked thread