Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

I was totally going to order it until I noticed the price tag was 80 dollars. Christ, are all imports like that, or is just because it's the pre-order?

Is it going to be on the Japanese PSN? If so you could do a game share with another person for ~$40 apiece.

[e] Iggy and Fugo are coming as dlc characters.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/28/iggy-and-fugo-coming-to-jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-as-dlc/

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Fugo's gimmick is throwing the match and leaving if his health falls below 50%.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Edit: Baoh ( from Araki manga anterior to Jojo) was announced as well.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Edit: Baoh ( from Araki manga anterior to Jojo) was announced as well.

Holy poo poo, Baoh was Araki? I'm going to go re-read my ancient Viz comics.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Geez, if they keep up these DLC announcements I'm going to have to basically buy half of another new game once I get the dang thing.

It's cool to have more characters but to announce so many as additional before release seems a bit much. I guess I'm out of touch with new gaming practices.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Speaking of Fugo, is there a reason for him getting written out of Part 5's story other than Purple Haze being difficult to incorporate into fights? What a shame.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

From what I heard Araki just considered his stand overpowered, so he wrote him out of the story.

I honestly found it kinda cool, actually. You don't often see people on the protagonist's side in these kinda stories go "gently caress that poo poo, I don't wanna die fighting impossible odds". It's a surprisingly reasonable stance when the genre standard is everyone deciding to fight for friendship or what have you after ten seconds of thoughts.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I still feel like there was a wasted opportunity in not having the heroes end up being forced to fight Fugo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ya know if there was one character I would not have expected, Baoh would be the one.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
That actually comes up in one of the part 5 light novels from memory. In fact, there were a couple about him, which is pretty boss (though I only know the outline from reading the summary on the JoJo wiki.)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, apparently Fugo Beats Up The Drug Trade is the best Jojo work Araki didn't write.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Here's the trailer for the new DLC characters! Looks pretty awesome. Nice to hear you in the game, Usopp.

PV 7

EDIT: Iggy talks? Inner monologues I guess. I like that you can choose his ugly first introduction design though! Also THIS IS BAOH. I just finished SBR, now I have to read/watch Baoh too!

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 28, 2013

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Here's the trailer for the new DLC characters! Looks pretty awesome. Nice to hear you in the game, Usopp.

PV 7

EDIT: Iggy talks? Inner monologues I guess. I like that you can choose his ugly first introduction design though! Also THIS IS BAOH. I just finished SBR, now I have to read/watch Baoh too!

Iggy is voiced by Shigeru Chiba, which I'm for because Iggy sounding like an annoyed old man is perfect, and Fugo is voiced by Hisao Egawa.

Also, I like that Iggy gets to turn The Fool into Shadow Dio from the Part 3 game. I hope that becomes a trend.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

onepixeljumpman posted:

Iggy is voiced by Shigeru Chiba, which I'm for because Iggy sounding like an annoyed old man is perfect, and Fugo is voiced by Hisao Egawa.

Also, I like that Iggy gets to turn The Fool into Shadow Dio from the Part 3 game. I hope that becomes a trend.

Actually Iggy created a fake sand Dio to fool Vanilla Ice in the manga, I'm pretty sure that's what they're referencing rather than the old fighting game.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

He did, but the Dio we see Iggy use looks exactly like the Shadow Dio sprite down to the blanked face. I don't buy that as a coincidence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

From what I heard Araki just considered his stand overpowered, so he wrote him out of the story.

I honestly found it kinda cool, actually. You don't often see people on the protagonist's side in these kinda stories go "gently caress that poo poo, I don't wanna die fighting impossible odds". It's a surprisingly reasonable stance when the genre standard is everyone deciding to fight for friendship or what have you after ten seconds of thoughts.

Fugo before being written out was originally planned to be Diavolo's mole which would have been cool if it has panned out.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

Shigeru Chiba?! As in Buggy the Clown and the Gaburevolver? That's awesome! I hope he gets a few screamy lines in addition to his ornery grumping.

As for Shadow Dio, it could be a reference to the game but I think both the old game and this are both drawing from the same images of Dio that we'd seen in the manga prior to Dio's official reveal. Iggy copied that design in the manga as they hadn't shown off what Dio really looked like, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No seriously guys, Baoh is in this game, how is Baoh in a video game in 2013? This doesn't make sense. (I know why he's in I'm just still reeling from the shock of seeing Baoh IN ANYTHING)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Man, while Fatty's a pretty cool character, I'd rather have Okuyasu's brother in the game. Instead of having regular tiny dudes, you'd play as a TINY INFANTRY DIVISION :getin:

EDIT: Holy poo poo Baoh was indeed unexpected.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Ah, you're right. I had forgotten that they fought Vanilla Ice before Dio put on a shirt showed his face to Polnareff, and that he also just had a blanked face in the manga instead of being covered by shadows from the environment. The attack the sand copy makes is even the same vague chop he tries to use.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sex_Ferguson posted:

No seriously guys, Baoh is in this game, how is Baoh in a video game in 2013? This doesn't make sense. (I know why he's in I'm just still reeling from the shock of seeing Baoh IN ANYTHING)
Do you know why? Because BAOH HAS A LASER CANNON!

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I think at this point they know a lot of people wanted Diego, they are just adding every other character possible to mess with us.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Do you know why? Because BAOH HAS A LASER CANNON!

I guess Walken wasn't able to bury him in the darkness of the underground after all.

Fiend Computer posted:

I think at this point they know a lot of people wanted Diego, they are just adding every other character possible to mess with us.

If I looked at it right, that date at the end says, "All DLC Characters Half Price until September 25th." Diego will be announced on the 26th.

Also, ASB League ended with Jotaro vs. Dio. Dio won and is now the King of JoJo. Other than that, though, they had a demo match for Iggy and Fugo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0p1a5Q8A4U

And an exhibition match between the voice actors and their characters, except Hermes is played by Kendo Kobayashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiRpUx1NVSU

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 28, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

quote:

Dio won and is now the King of JoJo.
We already knew this though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

If I looked at it right, that date at the end says, "All DLC Characters Half Price until September 25th." Diego will be announced on the 26th.
Does that mean half price as in 300 yen instead of the shown 600 yen, or is the 600 yen price already half off and they're normally 1200 yen? Because the latter would be absurd.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Does that mean half price as in 300 yen instead of the shown 600 yen, or is the 600 yen price already half off and they're normally 1200 yen? Because the latter would be absurd.

It only says half price, but I assume 300 yen during that period. I hope so at least. I'm interested in Iggy, and there are probably some other characters planned that I'll end up wanting, but I'm not paying ~$12 a piece for them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

PV 7

The themes are great, I really want to hear all the character themes.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
According to a comment on that video:
"So people managed to check the data in the ISO of the game, and found slots for Annasui, Lisa Lisa, Vanilla Ice, Old Joseph, Iggy, Fugo, Baoh, Fatty and Kira. There should still be 9 more characters after that, so they'll most likely be added in patches."

I mean who knows, maybe the dude was bullshitting, but I want to believe!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really don't care about any of those characters except for Old Joseph.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

onepixeljumpman posted:

I guess Walken wasn't able to bury him in the darkness of the underground after all.
The most powerful psychic on Earth? Walken?

Now we just need more characters to fill up the Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run rosters.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I really don't care about any of those characters except for Annasui and Vanilla Ice.

Fixed that for you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who are you to tell me who I care about sir? WHO ARE YOU.

Vanilla Ice is alright too I guess, I really don't think Annasui is an interesting choice, I'd much prefer like Weather Report or FF.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Vanilla Ice is alright too I guess, I really don't think Annasui is an interesting choice, I'd much prefer like Weather Report or FF.

That I agree with. I'm only interested in Annasui if he sets a precedent for FF getting in too.

Kurtofan posted:

The themes are great, I really want to hear all the character themes.

The soundtrack the Gold Experience Box comes with has every non-DLC character theme, so I'm sure someone will throw it up there on YT soon.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Ya know if there was one character I would not have expected, Baoh would be the one.

I was actually expecting Baoh for awhile, but as a secret character instead of DLC.

Ha, they should throw in Gorgeous Irene for kicks too.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

JDRockefeller posted:

I was actually expecting Baoh for awhile, but as a secret character instead of DLC.

Yeah, that's kinda lame that he shows up as DLC. It'd kinda neat hearing him show up Akuma style after you beat the Story mode or something.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Someone made a Nico video of every Josuke hair insult. There's also a demo for his super hair insulted mode at the very end.

Alongside that, someone made a Nico video of every "Your next words are" pulled on the cast by Joseph. I'm not solid enough with Japanese to tell you what most of them are. I am solid enough to tell you that Joseph pulling a WRRRYYYY on Dio is kind of awesome.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

Someone made a Nico video of every Josuke hair insult. There's also a demo for his super hair insulted mode at the very end.

Alongside that, someone made a Nico video of every "Your next words are" pulled on the cast by Joseph. I'm not solid enough with Japanese to tell you what most of them are. I am solid enough to tell you that Joseph pulling a WRRRYYYY on Dio is kind of awesome.
I've never been able to figure out Nico, though I'm sure there's tutorials out there, but I am inhumanly excited about the spoilered bit. This game can't get to me fast enough. Also holy poo poo, the Japanese are fast.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Here they are on Youtube and with subtitles on the hair-insult one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU-4XQ8Qd1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-c8s5-gAA

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The "Your next line's gonna be" video's been subbed now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAWLp7T0Cp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012
Someone allready uploaded all characters Rush Attacks