Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Started a new game, working up to those big "All income up 10%" upgrades

they only cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm at over 300 million cookies per second and trying to get to 100 time machines. I'm at 86. I went to bed, woke up, and still can't afford the 20 trillion cookies I need for my next time machine. And that's just for number 87.

Progress has slowed down so much that I'm basically needing to just leave the game running on its own for days at a time to make any appreciable changes to my CPS.

Beware, my friends, for the cookie abyss will sap your will to live. There is no game here, no fun. Only cookies. I must have more cookies. I must.

If you're at this point, you need to play the golden cookie game and be floating 18,000 times your CPS. 30 minutes of production every 5 minutes or so.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Anyone know if you do a reset and keep your achievements, do you keep your milk?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

Anyone know if you do a reset and keep your achievements, do you keep your milk?

Not sure, but probably. When the update that added achievements and milk happened, I had a shitload of milk on me immediately. All over me. Milk all over my body.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Leadthumb posted:

Yeah. I reset after the update that added it and instantly had 100 milk (you actually get a few achievements and thus some milk for resetting, in fact).

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

A Yolo Wizard posted:

oh i forgot about the part where you can't criticize the work of others because its "silly." my bad. hopefully noone does something too serious like make a whole thread about it; that would truly be Something Awful

The controls in QWOP, Octodad, and Surgeion Simulator 2013 are terrible! Why would anyone like these games?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My cookies have brought me beyond the need for such trivial matters as "controls" or "game-design." There is only the click. There is only the cookie.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Apparently I have over 200% milk. It now reads as raspberry juice.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
How do you get milk? I have milk. Want more milk.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Unlock achievements.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Gross

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dsT8a9aAU

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

So do the 5% upgrades stack to 20% or is it 5% of the total with any previous 5% upgrades?

This is important.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Danyull posted:

So do the 5% upgrades stack to 20% or is it 5% of the total with any previous 5% upgrades?

This is important.

No it's not you'll buy them all anyway :getin:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I'm down to the 900 billion cat and the 999 billion cookies. Plus the 50 time machine buff but I'm not there yet with my paltry 55 million cps.

:shepicide: this is now me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Awesome! posted:

I'm down to the 900 billion cat and the 999 billion cookies. Plus the 50 time machine buff but I'm not there yet with my paltry 55 million cps.

:shepicide: this is now me.

Good news about that 50 time machine buff

it costs more than the 999,999,999,999 cookie flavors

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The game really does slow down once you reach time machines. I think once you run out of new building types to aim for costs continue rising exponentially while income rises linearly.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sindai posted:

The game really does slow down once you start buying time machines. Once you run out of new building types to aim for costs continue rising exponentially while income rises linearly.

Sounds like you need milk, cats, and 160 cursors

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Getting to 160 cursors is going to take a while, though.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Level Slide posted:

Getting to 160 cursors is going to take a while, though.

I'm 2 away from 160. I'm so close

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I had 160 cursors, then I sold them to get the base 10 achievement. That probably wasn't the best decision.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I've sold everything except my time machines, which was probably an even worse decision.

E: I was pretty close to 160 cursors too.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Sounds like you need milk, cats, and 160 cursors

What happens then? My cursors cost 579 million each at this point in the game :P

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
What do you guys want 160 cursors for? "The Digital" is 200, and they sure as hell ain't economical.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

160 cursors unlocks the final(?) cursor upgrade that gives you +x cookies per second/cookies per click for every building you have

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Reiz posted:

160 cursors unlocks the final(?) cursor upgrade that gives you +x cookies per second/cookies per click for every building you have

Yeah it's like +20 too, so the bonus is gigantic

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Is it really that hard to have 160 ? I mean I have 172 w/o remember having any problems ?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Are granma's worth keeping? Are there things not worth investing money into?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bash Ironfist posted:

I guess you could sell your grandmas off after you tire of them, you monster.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bash Ironfist posted:

100 is the achievement for each one, but you honest to god don't want anything more than that because they get crazy expensive for zero bonus unless you have thousands of cursors

Spend it all on Time Machines instead, especially when you get their upgrades maxed out

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I will have 200 grandmas and I will like it.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

I will have 200 grandmas and I will like it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

death .cab for qt posted:

100 is the achievement for each one, but you honest to god don't want anything more than that because they get crazy expensive for zero bonus unless you have thousands of cursors

Spend it all on Time Machines instead, especially when you get their upgrades maxed out

I think the peak right now is 200?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think the peak right now is 200?

...you mean there's a hard cap?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It seems the makers of the game hapharardly assigned prices and benefits to the items with very little thought. Obviously, the game is a giant grind but the pricing makes no sense whatsoever. Also the exponentially increasing prices without exponential growth in cookies is pretty unsatisfying. I tend to play grindy toss-away browser games a bit (mostly Flash stuff on Kongregate - Penguin, Bison, Knightmare Tower, etc) and those typically feature a slow start grind followed by a period of decent purchasing power that pushes the game towards completion.

Cookies just seems to want you to leave your browser open. There's seriously nothing to do but wait, and that wait is over the course of about a day. Without the surprise gameplay of Darklit Room, or the expanse of Candybox (which I thought sucked rear end) there's no point in leaving your browser open. Yes, you are a completionist and want those acheivements. Guess what? If you leave it on, you'll get them. There's nothing to it, but time. I understand it's time spent on other stuff, but it's pointless because there's no purpose to the grind.

I was playing Neverwinter Online at launch. I wasn't into the game, but it had profession skills where you could log in daily and get some xp/progress. So as I stopped playing, I kept logging in daily for about 3 days keeping up with my professions... then it hit me; I wasnt interesting in playing Neverwinter Online, I just got sucked into the grind due to the it's easy-drop-in factor.

Cookies has the same problem. You can drop in easily enough as often or as un-often as you like, but there's no reason to do either. The game is just empty.

I left it on overnight after seeing this thread, bought stuff when I got home, saw that I couldn't afford anything at all after that, and closed the tab. It needs some work to be interesting. play Darklit Room instead.

7billionanddying
Oct 30, 2011
I feel like I had stuff to do today but now I've been warped into some kind of cookie induced psychosis and can't think of anything else besides these loving cookies.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Madcosby posted:

It seems the makers of the game hapharardly assigned prices and benefits to the items with very little thought. Obviously, the game is a giant grind but the pricing makes no sense whatsoever. Also the exponentially increasing prices without exponential growth in cookies is pretty unsatisfying. I tend to play grindy toss-away browser games a bit (mostly Flash stuff on Kongregate - Penguin, Bison, Knightmare Tower, etc) and those typically feature a slow start grind followed by a period of decent purchasing power that pushes the game towards completion.

Cookies just seems to want you to leave your browser open. There's seriously nothing to do but wait, and that wait is over the course of about a day. Without the surprise gameplay of Darklit Room, or the expanse of Candybox (which I thought sucked rear end) there's no point in leaving your browser open. Yes, you are a completionist and want those acheivements. Guess what? If you leave it on, you'll get them. There's nothing to it, but time. I understand it's time spent on other stuff, but it's pointless because there's no purpose to the grind.

I was playing Neverwinter Online at launch. I wasn't into the game, but it had profession skills where you could log in daily and get some xp/progress. So as I stopped playing, I kept logging in daily for about 3 days keeping up with my professions... then it hit me; I wasnt interesting in playing Neverwinter Online, I just got sucked into the grind due to the it's easy-drop-in factor.

Cookies has the same problem. You can drop in easily enough as often or as un-often as you like, but there's no reason to do either. The game is just empty.

I left it on overnight after seeing this thread, bought stuff when I got home, saw that I couldn't afford anything at all after that, and closed the tab. It needs some work to be interesting. play Darklit Room instead.

I don't know what the hell Darklit Room is but it doesn't sound like it has cookies in it so no?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

But than someone else will get the cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Shut the gently caress up and make some more cookies.

• Locked thread