Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

rip Brian McBride you played for Fulham for a bit and were quite good and then you bled a lot and died just rip

Also they named a pub on their ground after him or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Monday Bandele posted:

Why didn't anyone give this much of a poo poo about Brian McBride

I did.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Always the bridesmaid.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My best American player was Eddie Lewis, now there was a soccer superstar and make no mistake

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Whatever happened to Freddy Adu?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pissflaps posted:

He might have faked his age or something, also Philadelphia signed him and he was trash.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
He has Benjamin Button disease, rips Freddy Adu

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

He is currently not playing for Bahia in Brazil.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I want whatever drugs I was on when I suggested he would score 8 goals god drat

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It's a shame for Freddy Adu, because if he turned out decent people may have fulfilled my dream of making "agadoo" into a football chant.

Oh well.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
great reaction on that goal, top touch and a clinical finish. ill pit jozy down for 12 goals this season, and over 20 from all competitions with ease

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I heard a rumour that jozy is basically the american clinton morrison, can someone confirm/deny this?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
he's the american morrisons and he's got great offers on fresh meat

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Monday Bandele posted:

reverse racism

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Monday Bandele posted:

racism prob

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Jozy is a fraud and the silence from his "Jozy can do no wrong" fans is frankly deafening.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Reek posted:

racism prob

Some of my favourite footballers are black.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pissflaps posted:

Some of my favourite footballers are black.

I thought your favourite footballer was well known fat man Mido?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Byolante posted:

I thought your favourite footballer was well known fat man Mido?

Why would you think that and why would that contradict the post you're quoting even if true?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pissflaps posted:

Why would you think that and why would that contradict the post you're quoting even if true?

Just pointing oput that while not a racist you are also a fat activist. Truely a man for all social activist seasons.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
How do we know that it's Jozy that's poo poo and not Sunderland?

The fact that Wickham and Dong-Won haven't scored either makes me think it's Sunderland who are poo poo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

How do we know that it's Jozy that's poo poo and not Sunderland?

The fact that Wickham and Dong-Won haven't scored either makes me think it's Sunderland who are poo poo.

I think they're both poo poo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a shame Sunderland are poo poo because Jozy is good.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

oliwan posted:

It's a shame Sunderland are poo poo because Jozy is good.

Its a shame they made a bid for him so soon into the transfer window and flashed him with all that Mackem jazz. He's a big Arsenal fan I think and Wenger would probably snap him up atm. He surely couldnt be any worse than Gervinho.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

2011/2012
Graziano Pellè scored 1 goal for Parma in Serie A in 11 matches and then got loaned out to Sampdoria who plays in Serie B. There he managed 4 goals in (including play-offs) 16 matches. A total of 5 goals in 27 matches.

2012/2013
Summer window arrives and Pellé gets sold to Feyenoord. Here he manages to score 27 goals in 29 matches. Eredivisie goals count for nothing.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Despite how terrible Jozy is I still think a couple balls will ricochet off his rear end and shins through no effort of his own and propel his goal tally into the low- to mid- single digits.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
since jozy has scored in a competition within a few games since transferring to sunderland, does this mean he is better than liverpool-era Stewart "momentum-killer" downing

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

vaginal culture posted:

Jozy is a fraud and the silence from his "Jozy can do no wrong" fans is frankly deafening.

Just wait til world cup qualifiers come back.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
gently caress jozy

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
he's going to take out all his frustrations on Panama and Honduras and then we'll see. then we'll all see. the half of both those nations squads that literally play in the Panama or Honduras domestic leagues won't know what hit them as £7m multi-millionaire Jozy hits them for upwards of one goal. They'll be going hog wild in the USMNT thread as the US celebrate their greatest 'victory' over far inferior resources since the My Lai Massacre

Babby Thatcher fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 29, 2013

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

The second coming of Pele is playing in Brazil right now for Bahia.

Edit: I mean literally playing, as in right now against Portuguesa.

Double edit: whoa, dude got knocked unconscious

Triple edit: aaaaand he got subbed. This concludes your whatever happened to Freddy Adu update.

JibbaJabbaJimmy fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 29, 2013

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Babby Thatcher posted:

he's going to take out all his frustrations on Panama and Honduras and then we'll see. then we'll all see. the half of both those nations squads that literally play in the Panama or Honduras domestic leagues won't know what hit them as £7m multi-millionaire Jozy hits them for upwards of one goal. They'll be going hog wild in the USMNT thread as the US celebrate their greatest 'victory' over far inferior resources since the My Lai Massacre

Jozy will march up to the USMNT and threaten to score all the own goals if they don't stop trying to score.

Clint Dempsey will claim they never had any intention of winning against Honduras and they actually get on very well with the Honduran people.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Reminder that Freddy Adu has been playing football professionally for nine years and is still only 24.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Angel Puddin posted:

Reminder that Freddy Adu has been playing football professionally for nine years and is still only 24.

don't write him off yet Brad Friedel was like 32 by the time he got remotely good

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Babby Thatcher posted:

don't write him off yet Brad Friedel was like 32 by the time he got remotely good

Jozy to miraculously develop decent touch and become golden boot winner in 2017 you heard it here first

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Babby Thatcher posted:

Freddy was that age when he went to his first prom

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Agueldo will score more league goals than Jozy this season.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Reminder: Jozy Altidore is superior to any English striker.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Jozy has scored more across all competitions this season than Andy Carroll, Fernando Torresm and Yohan Cabaye combined. Where all the haters at now? Jozy is best striker ever. Total loving football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Something I noticed on the wikipedia:

Jozy - Youth career
2004–2006 IMG Soccer Academy

Freddy Adu - Youth career
2002–2003 IMG Academy

Wouldn't want to be IMG (Soccer) Academy right now.

• Locked thread