Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Bored posted:

One of my tattoo artists explained a while back that you never do anything white supremacy related. Once you tattoo it on one person, you'll have every racist moron within 400 miles coming to your shop because you are willing to tattoo that crap on them.

And then your place becomes "that Aryan Brotherhood shop", whether you want it to or not. Yeah, the guy who ran the shop where I got my first three pieces done said much the same thing. Didn't help that they were next to a Harley shop, either. I miss that place, if only because of how close it was to home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I once did some portraits of a friend of mine, who later (after he'd gone around the bend into religious fundamentalism) used them on the back cover of his far-far-right Tea Party manifesto book that he put out, and he asked me how or if I wanted my name credited. I politely declined and told him to leave my name out of it, because as happy as I was to get paid for taking his picture, his brand of politics is just something I'd rather not have my name associated with.

That's kind how I feel about this guy. I can kinda understand doing the work - tough times, bills to pay, etc - but I don't get him putting it out there for the world to see and saying "check it out, I made this." If the guy's good enough to make that gorgeous tattoo, he's good enough not to need that in his book.

Also, it makes me sad that @majorpenalty has a really young, cute kid. :(

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Leaving aside that I think the text attached is racist (we can't tell if the tattooed individual is indeed Asian, much less which part of Asia)...

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Aerdan posted:

Leaving aside that I think the text attached is racist (we can't tell if the tattooed individual is indeed Asian, much less which part of Asia)...

Someone posted it in this thread without the text earlier. No clue if it was their original picture or not. We got to it before Takai Takei!

Quick edit:

Palpek posted:

Somebody was asking about this possibility in this thread and here it is - a Chinese person with a random English word tattooed on the arm:

Found this trying to find some more. And, oh, how I wish it was real.
http://bull-chic.com/asias-hottest-trend-english-word-tattoos/
(page loads really slow)

Bored has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Aug 30, 2013

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Inevitable posted:

They didn't think this was awkward or ugly enough in the awkward and ugly thread, but maybe you guys can appreciate its technically impressive, utter tastelessness here.

Carbon Thief posted:

Top to bottom, L-R it's Charles Manson, Ed Gein, David Berkowitz ("Son of Sam"), Albert Fish, Ted Bundy, and Jeffery Dahmer.

From many pages back, but that Chinese character is actually a backwards (horizontally flipped) "life".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I thought all of us under 60 had reached an agreement that cursive was to be dead and buried. Please stop breaking our pact.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Gyges posted:

I thought all of us under 60 had reached an agreement that cursive was to be dead and buried. Please stop breaking our pact.

I still write in cursive, but I'd never inscribe it on my body. Plus that lowercase b looks like poo poo.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Gyges posted:

If that poo poo is considered "cursive" then it's not only dead, but being beaten to a second death in the afterlife. That's literally the style you learn in 3rd grade to get started.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Bored posted:

Someone posted it in this thread without the text earlier. No clue if it was their original picture or not. We got to it before Takai Takei!

Quick edit:

Found this trying to find some more. And, oh, how I wish it was real.
http://bull-chic.com/asias-hottest-trend-english-word-tattoos/
(page loads really slow)

Except I'd guess the average Chinese person getting English tattooed can read and understand it.

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

Aerdan posted:

Are you suspecting racism only because they claim she's chinese? That's a little bit overkill i think.:crossarms:

--

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Inpossible posted:

Are you suspecting racism only because they claim she's chinese? That's a little bit overkill i think.:crossarms:

As someone with no real exposure, Asians from different subregions in southeast Asia look alike to me. Consequently, I tend to err on the side of caution when I don't know the responsible individual's cultural exposure. (Even if it means foot-mouth insertion.)

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I like to think that's not red-eye from the flash, that the dog's eyes really are that red, all the time. Even in the dark.
Especially in the dark.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Except I'd guess the average Chinese person getting English tattooed can read and understand it.

I was thinking of Japan, where you can find all kinds of clothing with weird English on it. My professor or host-mother, I can't remember which, said it's actually a hobby for some Japanese people to collect English words and make, basically, a collage. But since in Japan, tattoos are still seen as being related to the Yakuza, they aren't nearly as popular as they are in the U.S. Or at least, that was the case when I was there 12 years ago. If it didn't have the stigma attached to it, I'm pretty sure many people would have the word soup poetry tattooed on them.

Just because they all are forced to take English growing up doesn't mean they all retain it when they graduate.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Hahahaha holy poo poo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Oh my loving god. :lol::lol::lol:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Done well, but tasteless nonetheless.

:nws: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7urpbTebR1rqcu9eo1_400.jpg :nws:

:nws: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3u2p2Kj7U1rqcu9eo1_500.jpg :nws:

edit:

Just look at this: :nws:
http://ratchetmess.tumblr.com/tagged/tattoo

Yeah, I put that one in after the first.
\/ \/ \/

particle409 has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Aug 30, 2013

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
That second one definitely isn't "done well"

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aerdan posted:

As someone with no real exposure, Asians from different subregions in southeast Asia look alike to me. Consequently, I tend to err on the side of caution when I don't know the responsible individual's cultural exposure. (Even if it means foot-mouth insertion.)

Don't worry about it, that's a Chinese brand of water bottle. I guess she could still not be Asian or Chinese, but it's pretty likely that she is.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aerdan posted:

Leaving aside that I think the text attached is racist

Aerdan posted:

Asians from different subregions in southeast Asia look alike to me.

Heh.

Anyhow

I don't get the big F in red, but the rest of the tattoo is pretty obviously stupid.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't get the big F in red, but the rest of the tattoo is pretty obviously stupid.

"Leave Rebecca loving Black Alone" is what I'm guessing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe it's like he knows it's a lovely tattoo, and then got the F done to symbolize it's poo poo, like how you get an F on a test in high school.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I just found this on the facebook page of my local tattoo studio.

Their other stuff is quite good, so...

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
What's wrong with that? All he did was get a tattoo of Treesus Christ.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Pretty sure I've seen that face elsewhere. I'm sure it's not a christian thing.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Speleothing posted:

Pretty sure I've seen that face elsewhere. I'm sure it's not a christian thing.
It's a Green Man -- it's not really a religious symbol (just kind of a pan-European medieval one) but it's used a lot by pagans.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

hate pants posted:

What's wrong with that? All he did was get a tattoo of Treesus Christ.

I don't know who this Treesus Christ fellow is; this guy is clearly called Jim.

Masonic Youth posted:

It's a Green Man -- it's not really a religious symbol (just kind of a pan-European medieval one) but it's used a lot by pagans.

I assumed it was a not-especially-good take on Giuseppe Arcimboldo's vegetable faces.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Sep 1, 2013

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

PCOS Bill posted:

Heh.

Anyhow

Well you see mom, I really missed out on the Brittany thing but this time GROUND FLOOR!!

What?, oh.. she was a young teen that sang a really bad song. Online, it was a thing for a good ten minutes mom!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

His dick really isn't nearly big enough to be an elephant trunk. Wishful thinking.

The second one is actually well done, its just the style they're emulating.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
This came up on my wall recently:

miserable lil onion
Oct 15, 2008

Insanity Prawn posted:

Bridearrhea

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

To add to the grossness of this picture, it looks like he has WC Fields-esque "whiskey-nose", which only comes after severe long term alcoholism.

That's actually incorrect. The condition that brony has is called rhinophyma, and is a form of rosacea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinophyma

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

More like 150 OVER 90.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Insanity Prawn posted:

Corpse Bride, or Jesus with bacon hair?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

More like 150 OVER 90.

Butter OVER Pizza

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Spending all that money on ikea lamps!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
It came from Facebook, status "Just got my new tattoo!!! STOKED!!!!!!"

I don't even know what that is.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

No idea what that is, but I just want to say I really dislike those style tattoos.

The thin lines with no shading really highlight how not perfect the circles are and it makes it look bumpy or jagged or I dont know the right word but really thin lined shapes dont work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
I think it's supposed to be Circular Gallifreyan, from Doctor Who.

• Locked thread