Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never thought I'd say this, but man does Giorno's new VA make me miss Romi Park voicing him. The deliveries on his Muda's just sound so boring especially when compared to like Narancia and Jolene. I'm also not a big fan of Josuke's voice, it's a good voice for whenever he's actually angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
I think Giorno's voice is too refined sounding to be screaming like that. There's something about the quality of his voice that makes him sound like it's what he says when he's surprised by something rather than beating the poo poo out of someone. I don't agree on Josuke. He sounds like a rough and tumble anime high school delinquent, and that's exactly how I've always imagined him to sound.

Two loops have already been discovered. One for Jolyne, one for Diavolo. The Jolyne one is bad, but the Diavolo one is disgusting for how stupidly simplistic it is to pull off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but man does Giorno's new VA make me miss Romi Park voicing him. The deliveries on his Muda's just sound so boring especially when compared to like Narancia and Jolene. I'm also not a big fan of Josuke's voice, it's a good voice for whenever he's actually angry.

As long as Polnareff is Wild Tiger, Fatty is Teddie, and Iggy is Kyoryu Violet, Giorno can sound however the hell he wants. The voice acting in this game is fantastic.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Someone has uploaded all the themes available so far:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBeautifulDuwang?feature=watch

And they are glorious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

onepixeljumpman posted:

I think Giorno's voice is too refined sounding to be screaming like that. There's something about the quality of his voice that makes him sound like it's what he says when he's surprised by something rather than beating the poo poo out of someone. I don't agree on Josuke. He sounds like a rough and tumble anime high school delinquent, and that's exactly how I've always imagined him to sound.

Two loops have already been discovered. One for Jolyne, one for Diavolo. The Jolyne one is bad, but the Diavolo one is disgusting for how stupidly simplistic it is to pull off.

Fun fact about the loops. Jolyne's does not appear to be able to usable against non dummies and the Diavolo is actually hard to pull off against a dummy and does not work period against non dummies.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fun fact about the loops. Jolyne's does not appear to be able to usable against non dummies and the Diavolo is actually hard to pull off against a dummy and does not work period against non dummies.

What is it about a dummy that makes that doable that a moving character is different? I'm not trying to be snide, but Diavolo really does look like he's only jumping and hitting heavy.

Edit: I mean other than that a dummy sits and lets you start it whenever you want.

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 30, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Let me rephrase this. There is fundamentally no difference between training dummies and human controlled characters as to how they'll be combo'd, escaping moves, and other things like that. If the training mode is done properly, there should be a setting you can set the dummy on to automatically tech out of combos it is able to tech out of. If the infinite videos recorded did not have that feature on, then they are invalidated. That being said, I'd like to believe the people who recorded them had them on as that would be the logical thing to do.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 30, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well I have been looking at a guy trying to pull off the Diavolo infinite for about 20 minutes now. It would be easier to kick their rear end with out it.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Capcom games have all sorts of wierd training mode bugs with infinites/combos that aren't, the AI just either doesn't block properly or the hit counter doesn't reset

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

darealkooky posted:

Capcom games have all sorts of wierd training mode bugs with infinites/combos that aren't, the AI just either doesn't block properly or the hit counter doesn't reset

Good thing this is a Namco game.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A question brought up by the Joseph taunt video: Is there a reason or meaning behind Valentine's "Dojyaaaan~"s? I never really thought about it during the chapters. Now I can only imagine them as a kind of 'Tada~!' that he feels compelled to do every time he uses his powers because he's so imprrssed by himself.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Does Valentine have a napkin attack, this is important.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Does Valentine have a napkin attack, this is important.

I'm still disappointed his GHA isn't summoning a train to cut you in half.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Good thing this is a Namco game.

It happens in other games too you wierdo, Capcom just the biggest offender via making the most games that have training modes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

A question brought up by the Joseph taunt video: Is there a reason or meaning behind Valentine's "Dojyaaaan~"s? I never really thought about it during the chapters. Now I can only imagine them as a kind of 'Tada~!' that he feels compelled to do every time he uses his powers because he's so imprrssed by himself.

"Dojyan" is actually a sound effect that's supposed to be the equivalent to "Tada". I believe I remember that they didn't change that in the translation because it sounded catchphrasey, which it kind is. I just imagine that Valentine does it in the most deadpan way possible to emphasize how used he is to using D4C that it's hardly a trick anymore.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sex_Ferguson posted:

"Dojyan" is actually a sound effect that's supposed to be the equivalent to "Tada". I believe I remember that they didn't change that in the translation because it sounded catchphrasey, which it kind is. I just imagine that Valentine does it in the most deadpan way possible to emphasize how used he is to using D4C that it's hardly a trick anymore.
Hah! That's awesome, I really liked the way he said it so I imagined that's what it was, but I wanted to be sure. He's such an rear end in a top hat.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Someone uploaded the soundtrack on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZQc7Dg0Ck

Funky Valentine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHshi2aO3Oo
Compilation of Gold Experience punching people in the face. Some of 'em have nice little touches like Polnareff sticking his tongue out as in that chapter Hol Horse was holding him hostage and GE supporting Pucci's head with the other hand as it decks him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3U920s145c
Mirror match dialogue.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 31, 2013

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Perigryn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHshi2aO3Oo
Compilation of Gold Experience punching people in the face. Some of 'em have nice little touches like Polnareff sticking his tongue out as in that chapter Hol Horse was holding him hostage and GE supporting Pucci's head with the other hand as it decks him.

He thumbs Jonathan in the eye.

This is nuts.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

LvK posted:

He thumbs Jonathan in the eye.

This is nuts.

He also punches DIO where Star Platinum shattered his skull.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
With special interactions like Jotaro smashing up the steam roller and counter-stopping time, I can't help but wish there were some more special interactions beyond what we saw in the series. Like, say... Jolyne unraveling her neck to minimize the punch's impact. But at that point I think I'm just going nuts.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

God drat, I already bought this game but I would kill if we could get ASB and a bluray of the anime in English.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

God drat, I already bought this game but I would kill if we could get ASB and a bluray of the anime in English.
It saddens me that we will probably never get to hear Crispin Freeman as Dio, though I wonder if he could pull off a good WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say Patrick Seitz would probably be a better voice for Dio, when I think of Crispin Freeman I think of Gyro. He could do an amazing Gyro, especially with some of the more goofy parts.

EDIT: Also, let's not forget that the devs said they were looking into a Western and European release back when the game was announced. It's not likely, but since we haven't heard anything back yet on either parts, I'd like to believe that means there wasn't a straight up "No."

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

I actually think Patrick Seitz is more suited to Joseph. He's got a young, more casual voice like what he used to voice Ragna in BlazBlue, and transitioning to his deeper, smoother voice puts him in a good position to do Part 3 Joseph. Plus, there's already a parallel with Sugita right there. That deep, smooth voice could work for Dio, but I don't have enough experience with him to know if he can do the yelling right.

I don't know who I'd want as English Dio. Steve Blum seems like an easy pick because I know he can sound like a suave bastard and also do the crazy yelling, but I'd have to hear him do it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Antfish made an English cast list for ASB a couple days ago that seems cool.

Edit: When it comes to Japanese voice actors, I'm still crossing my fingers for Diego voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 1, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Trust me, Patrick Seitz can do the yelling. If you ever the man voice villains, it's just magical and I think after Dracula he'd definitely make for an amazing Dio, better than Crispin Freeman would, but that's not to say Freeman wouldn't be a good choice. I'd say Steve Blum could voice just about anybody in the cast and sound perfectly fine, that being said I'd probably put him with Jotaro. Just imagining him voicing the cowboy line at the end of Part 3 and all of Jotaro's other quotes is amazing.

Please Bamco, get this to America and get it a dub so I can hear Benjamin Diskin as Johnny Joestar, or poo poo Viz please pick up the anime. Someone who has connections to Studiopolis, pick it the hell up.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 1, 2013

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

That's right, he was Dracula. I remember him in that role now. That said, I think I'd still pick him for Joseph first. He can do eloquent, but I liked how easily he moves between wacky anime comedy and serious, and I think being able to do that is perfect for Joseph. I think Steve Blum can pull the eloquent but huge rear end in a top hat that Dio is off really well, though, like you said, he could probably do any deep voiced character in the whole cast. I could see him being anyone from Abdul out to Pucci and doing it effectively.

I think he could do Jotaro, but I'd actually pick Lex Lang. You have to capture Jotaro's usual flat, emotionless manner on top of his deep voice, and that's someting I know Lang can do. Plus, he was Kenshiro once, so it'd be familiar territory for him.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Akira Otoishi/Red Hot Chilli Pepper inserted by me into an episode of Axe Cop.

Along with several other familiar faces I added.

Bonus:

The resolution on this gif is crap, but in HD or the original flash file:

:cry:

Now it's also worth noting that in the next few moments, literally everyone in the room gets their head chopped off.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I'm sure someone else has noticed this before, but Akira's name is a goddamn pun.

Oto - sound
Ishi - rock

:negative:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzT_BLQWhac

God drat if some of this music isn't great. I wish I could get some longer versions of these themes.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Spacedad posted:

Akira Otoishi/Red Hot Chilli Pepper inserted by me into an episode of Axe Cop.

Along with several other familiar faces I added.

Bonus:

The resolution on this gif is crap, but in HD or the original flash file:

:cry:

Now it's also worth noting that in the next few moments, literally everyone in the room gets their head chopped off.
You're doing God's work, son. Dad.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
One more step to getting Jojo popular in the west.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
A conversation that popped up over in BSS has got me curious: Does Araki employ any assistants? It's crazy to think of one guy flying solo on a manga for 26 years, but he's just so quirky and eccentric that I like to think of him as a Rohan-esque super artist.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
He does indeed. One guy, Hiroshi Shiibashi, who was an assistant on SBR went on to do this.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Check this out. It's an incredibly cool Gyro Zeppeli shirt someone posted on Tumblr. I don't particularly want to spent 22 dollars on a shirt, but god drat am I tempted.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Check this out. It's an incredibly cool Gyro Zeppeli shirt someone posted on Tumblr. I don't particularly want to spent 22 dollars on a shirt, but god drat am I tempted.

Thanks a lot. I just spent 20 on this. (I regret nothing.)

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Robviously posted:

Thanks a lot. I just spent 20 on this. (I regret nothing.)
It's not even body-sized! Useless.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Haha! I noticed that, but I failed to mention it. I'm glad the link helped in a different way though! The Ultimate Pillow is a great conversation piece.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why do the good scanlations for part 4 and 5 stop about 3/4ths of the way through? It's a real bummer.

(It is okay to talk about scans past part 3 in here right? Since there's no English release?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Haha! I noticed that, but I failed to mention it. I'm glad the link helped in a different way though! The Ultimate Pillow is a great conversation piece.

"What's that pillow?" "Oh, that. You don't want to hear about that. It's just an old story of super vampires, squirrels, and volcanoes to space. I'm sure you've heard them all before."

e:

RatHat posted:

Why do the good scanlations for part 4 and 5 stop about 3/4ths of the way through? It's a real bummer.

(It is okay to talk about scans past part 3 in here right? Since there's no English release?)

You should be fine. I was under the impression the new scans for 4 and 5 were still on going.

• Locked thread