Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

No one's too fat to kill anyone; you could just sit on them. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I think this is pretty loving funny. As long as he didn't have a fedora.

Content:

Apparently she was also on trial for murder, but her lawyers said she was "too fat" to be able to kill someone. Also, she lost 168 pounds while in a hospital for the morbidly obese. That is a whole human being.

Also, this:

I know the first story. But what's up with the second guy? Just dying?

moselle
Nov 18, 2012
She wasn't too fat, she was covering for her sister who later confessed, there was a documentary about it on Channel 4 in the UK.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

PaganGoatPants posted:

I know the first story. But what's up with the second guy? Just dying?

All I can find is that his diet was 30,000 calories a day and they had to cut a hole in the wall of his house to get him out :stare:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

All I can find is that his diet was 30,000 calories a day and they had to cut a hole in the wall of his house to get him out :stare:

Who the gently caress was feeding him all of that then? Not like he could get around. :psyduck:

PaganGoatPants has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Aug 31, 2013

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I have trouble hitting 3,000 calories a day. 30k is quite absurd.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Seriously I didn't even know the human body was capable of processing that much food in a day. If I smash down like 1500 calories I feel stuffed for hours, and I'm a mild walking garbage disposal.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who the gently caress was feeding him then all of that? Not like he could get around. :psyduck:

Schwan's?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

gently caress you Buzzfeed. Don't encourage this poo poo.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/find-your-sonic-the-hedgehog-doppelganger

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Buzzfeed is a loving cesspit.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Speaking of terrible Buzzfeed, Mars One had their whole "give us money to get a shirt syaing you want to go to Mars thing" and Buzzfeed compiled the 13 worst possible people to do anything. Most of their qualifications are "patience" and their emotional decision making skills.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/meet-12-people-who-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-their-lives-on

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Look at these bodybuilders argue whether this ad is racist and if liberals are too sensitive.(They are)

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Frankston posted:

I have trouble hitting 3,000 calories a day. 30k is quite absurd.

Remember, us Americans use "cal" to represent "1000 calories" to make us feel better about what we eat. The rest of the world uses "kcal."

So 30k US calories = 30 * 1000 * 1000 = 3*107 real calories. Or 30 million. That's more energy than a pound of gasoline, or about 143 standard Hershey bars. I don't think he drinks pure gasoline, so candy is a safer bet.

Holy gently caress, if we burned him alive we could keep NYC lit up for like a fraction second. Or my hometown for a day.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Remember, us Americans use "cal" to represent "1000 calories" to make us feel better about what we eat. The rest of the world uses "kcal."

So 30k US calories = 30 * 1000 * 1000 = 3*107 real calories. Or 30 million. That's more energy than a pound of gasoline, or about 143 standard Hershey bars. I don't think he drinks pure gasoline, so candy is a safer bet.

Holy gently caress, if we burned him alive we could keep NYC lit up for like a fraction second. Or my hometown for a day.

A pound of gasoline can light up your town for a day? Or is what you call a pound is a klb?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

I think this is pretty loving funny. As long as he didn't have a fedora.

Content:

Apparently she was also on trial for murder, but her lawyers said she was "too fat" to be able to kill someone. Also, she lost 168 pounds while in a hospital for the morbidly obese. That is a whole human being.

Also, this:

How in the hell do you get that fat ?! I just don't understand. How can someone be THAT sedentary to where you burn NO calories ? Isn't it ingrained somewhere in our primal psyche to have the need to move around ?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Missing Name posted:

In the rest of the world people use the same caloric terms. People speak of calories meaning kcal, it's not an American :911: thing, I don't know where you got that from

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who the gently caress was feeding him all of that then? Not like he could get around. :psyduck:

There's a documentary about him. He lives with his sister and other relatives, they feed him after got to fat to walk to kitchen himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzktJYFkEJ0

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Noblesse Obliged posted:

A pound of gasoline can light up your town for a day? Or is what you call a pound is a klb?

Consider his entire mass, not just his food intake for a day.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Magres posted:

Seriously I didn't even know the human body was capable of processing that much food in a day. If I smash down like 1500 calories I feel stuffed for hours, and I'm a mild walking garbage disposal.
Yo if I was that fat I'd just sell off my fat for lamp oil and get rich as hell.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lonely Virgil posted:

There's a documentary about him. He lives with his sister and other relatives, they feed him after got to fat to walk to kitchen himself.

Is there a name or illness when the person caring for you is KILLING you? That teenager's mom feeds him crap yet doesn't want him to die?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is there a name or illness when the person caring for you is KILLING you? That teenager's mom feeds him crap yet doesn't want him to die?

Maybe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_by_proxy

quote:

Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP or MBP) is a controversial term that is used to describe a behavior pattern in which a caregiver deliberately exaggerates, fabricates, and/or induces physical, psychological, behavioral, and/or mental health problems in those who are in their care.

Though, its most likely just plain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_neglect

quote:

Child neglect is a deficit in meeting a child’s basic needs. Furthermore, child neglect is the failure to provide basic physical health care, supervision, nutrition, emotional nurturing, education or safe housing. Society generally believes there are necessary behaviors a caregiver must provide a child in order for the child to develop (physically, socially, and emotionally).

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 04:03 on Aug 31, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well it's not neglect since his mother cleans him with a rag, shops, cooks, buys fast food and rents movies for him. Maybe the physical part counts.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Maybe codependency with a side of some sort of delusional disorder? I haven't watched that particular video recently, but if it's the one I'm thinking of the mother had lost a child previously (I don't recall how, maybe stillborn, maybe SIDS :smith:) and had a very bad reaction to the trauma of it. She basically lost her ability to discern the difference between her son being mildly discomforted and truly suffering. And the kid bought into it totally because what child doesn't like a diet of junkfood?

VVV also another possibility. How fat is the husband?

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

A feeder.

platedlizard posted:

Normal overweight dad size like Hank Hill.

Lonely Virgil has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Aug 31, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

platedlizard posted:

Maybe codependency with a side of some sort of delusional disorder? I haven't watched that particular video recently, but if it's the one I'm thinking of the mother had lost a child previously (I don't recall how, maybe stillborn, maybe SIDS :smith:) and had a very bad reaction to the trauma of it. She basically lost her ability to discern the difference between her son being mildly discomforted and truly suffering. And the kid bought into it totally because what child doesn't like a diet of junkfood?

Codependency fits. Her son is gone for a day and she cries about it. I think she had another son that died (reading the comments).

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

What the hell, I'm kind of overweight and the fat shows so much more in my face. I know somebody that looks a lot like this guy (face-wise), and he's in really good shape. It looks like his head was transplanted on.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lonely Virgil posted:

:gonk: I'm going to watch this every time I feel like having fast food, sushi or greasy stuff. A reminder of what I can become if I decide to drink soda again (two months without it, feels great!).

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

In the rest of the world people use the same caloric terms. People speak of calories meaning kcal, it's not an American :911: thing, I don't know where you got that from

Just the way we write it on nutrition facts. All goods intended for American consumers just print "cal," everywhere else prints "kcal."

Which isn't to say that people out there might think it's literally just calories.

Oh god, the tumblr tags are all related to feederism.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Well this topic is a bit depressing, lets look at some goofy-looking people for a bit.

I like hardanger fiddles, hell, I own one and actually enjoy the music, but I'll be the first to admit that enthusists of the hardangfele are generally awkward as hell. I think it's the silly costumes they often wear.

This is Knut Beun, he is a famous hardanger fiddle player.

Here are some other people.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

platedlizard posted:

Well this topic is a bit depressing, lets look at some goofy-looking people for a bit.

I like hardanger fiddles, hell, I own one and actually enjoy the music, but I'll be the first to admit that enthusists of the hardangfele are generally awkward as hell. I think it's the silly costumes they often wear.

This is Knut Beun, he is a famous hardanger fiddle player.

Here are some other people.

These people all look quite normal and not really awkward at all. Nerdy and middle-age-uncool perhaps, but come on.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The worst I've seen is some 16 year-old kid in the south that was just the worst. He was a morbidly obese mama's boy who just sat in his room and played video games and watched movies all day. His family didn't make all that much money, so his mother just rented everything for him, and would feed him in bed. He would loving scream if his mother wasn't there to feed him or give him games/DVDs. One sequence had him basically forcing her out of the house to rent games for him the day after Hurricane Katrina. They got some kind of counselor intervention, and the kid was screaming bloody murder when his mom refused to cater to him. He also made a huge deal when the counselor made him just walk around a bit on the back patio.

I can't remember what it was on, though I'm assuming it was TLC or A&E.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

Lonely Virgil posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON AT 39 SECONDS?!

:stonk:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gentwise posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON AT 39 SECONDS?!

:stonk:

They want to do some kinda lap band surgery on him, but there is too much fat. So they have another surgery first where they cut out 70lb of flesh which is what you see there. (A hospital record)

His mother is so obsessive and controlling it's freaking me out. Never seen anything like it except maybe with obsessive dog/cat owners.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair at that size he basically is a pet more than a son.

I mean, as a son I can go out and live my life and make my mother proud that her upbringing has molded me into a decent and successful man.

That dude's just chillin in a sunbeam being fed from a can.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Non Serviam posted:

Generic Australian Nutritional Information (1.25lt Ice Tea)

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

That boy ain't right.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Rapman the Cook posted:

Sorry to further contribute to caloriechat, but I think Calorie = kcal = 1000 calories. Right? It's been a long time since orgo...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Rapman the Cook posted:

So you get kiloJoules and Calories (kilocalories). Here in the US we just get Calories (kilocalories) and nobody is really scrupulous about the capitalization.

70-ish calories (really Calories) per 250 ml of sweetened iced tea is about what we get here, too (8 oz. = 240 ml)

Sometimes the term "dietary calories" is used for kilocalories/ Calories, just to distinguish them from the scientific measurement.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Aug 31, 2013

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

AlbieQuirky posted:

So you get kiloJoules

Its part of the metric system.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Sorry to further contribute to caloriechat, but I think Calorie = kcal = 1000 calories. Right? It's been a long time since orgo...

1 calorie is 4.184 Joules

1 kcal = 1 Cal (with a capital "c") = 1000 calories.

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Aug 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONUS ROUND
Feb 9, 2007

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0IhyAasWw

this isn't even my final form.

• Locked thread