Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mammal Sauce posted:

I swear my launch 3DS had no hinge flop until I let my then-ten-years-old cousin play with it for a couple of hours :smith:

This is why I hate kids. I can't wait to be a curmudgeonly old man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
AHAHAHA the 2DS, wow. What a great Photoshop!

...gently caress, that's real?

On another note, I keep trying to get a Homepass thing set up on either my Motorola Droid 4 or Windows 7 Laptop, but I keep getting problems with both of them - I can't change the MAC address.

On the Droid 4, I can get the point up and running and connect to the Nintendo Zone and even use it using a native tether, but I can't change the MAC because it starts with the default MAC and I can't change it unless I bring the network down... which causes it to not exist anymore and therefore I can't change it.

On my laptop, I have an Intel Networking card, which is evidently MAC changing proof from what I've read.

If anyone has suggestions for what I can do to get it working, that would be great because I've spent no less than about 70 hours trying to get this poo poo working and it's driving me slightly insane. Thanks.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Crawfish posted:

So is there anyone else with a spare Australian Animal Crossing code?

Some dude asked for one while I was giving mine out yesterday, but no one answered him.

I have one.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Just got the Super NES hat for my Mii (Spoiled because it will be a fun surprise for those who didn't already know about it to see on their own). I think I'm set as far as hats go for a while because of it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'd think twice about getting Dream Team. It's pretty much a gigantic slog, I stopped having fun with it halfway through the game. It pretty much takes all the problems of the Mario and Luigi series, and makes them worse. While I do think Dream Team is a better game than Sticker Star, you actually might be able to get more mileage out of Sticker Star. Even though it's also a slog, at least you're just backtracking all over the place instead of being stuck in one big area, fighting the exact same enemies over and over.
You definitely don't have to grind at any point in Dream Team so I'm not sure where things went wrong for you. Dream Team was very fun for me and the visuals are motherfuckin lovely.

I always thought the Mario & Luigi games were too short so it was nice to have some larger areas with multiple paths.

I only wish the dream world segments were more like Psychonauts but I guess there will only ever be one Psychonauts.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I had a 10% off coupon for Meijer and decided I wanted to dip my toes into 3DS games outside of Mario and Pokemon so I purchased Fire Emblem based on recommendations here and looking at the back of the box and deciding it look cool.

I REALLY wanted Monster Hunter because that looks awesome but Meijer didn't have it in stock.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'd think twice about getting Dream Team. It's pretty much a gigantic slog, I stopped having fun with it halfway through the game. It pretty much takes all the problems of the Mario and Luigi series, and makes them worse. While I do think Dream Team is a better game than Sticker Star, you actually might be able to get more mileage out of Sticker Star. Even though it's also a slog, at least you're just backtracking all over the place instead of being stuck in one big area, fighting the exact same enemies over and over.

Huh? I'm having the exact opposite experience with this game.

Dream Team is great btw. Probably my favorite Mario RPG since the original Paper Mario/7 Stars.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh cool.

iajanus posted:

drat, couldn't work out how to use the code in time. Did anybody else have a code that would work on an AU/NZ 3DS? I missed out on the promo too :( by being unable to read terms and conditions and relate them to the real world.

Is the dude looking for one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Quest For Glory II posted:

You definitely don't have to grind at any point in Dream Team so I'm not sure where things went wrong for you. Dream Team was very fun for me and the visuals are motherfuckin lovely.

I always thought the Mario & Luigi games were too short so it was nice to have some larger areas with multiple paths.

I only wish the dream world segments were more like Psychonauts but I guess there will only ever be one Psychonauts.

I meant that the areas were a huge slog to get through and some of them overstayed their welcome for me. In terms of length, it felt like I was going through Joke's End over and over. It didn't help that some of the regular battles took quite a while to go through, especially the Dream World battles. I didn't hate the game and I think it's pretty good, but it's not something I want to play through again.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Is there a Zelda megathread? I want to start playing the Oracle games and I have a few questions.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I meant that the areas were a huge slog to get through and some of them overstayed their welcome for me. In terms of length, it felt like I was going through Joke's End over and over.
Nothing will ever be as bad as Joke's End. I still hear that awful, grating music in my nightmares.

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Is there a Zelda megathread? I want to start playing the Oracle games and I have a few questions.

Yes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My 3ds doesn't seem to want to connect to my wireless router any more, though it could do it fine a few days ago. Is there anything I could try to do to get it back online? I want to grab bit.trip saga when it goes on sale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RBA Starblade posted:

My 3ds doesn't seem to want to connect to my wireless router any more, though it could do it fine a few days ago. Is there anything I could try to do to get it back online? I want to grab bit.trip saga when it goes on sale.

Have you tried turning the router off and on again?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

majormonotone posted:

Nothing will ever be as bad as Joke's End. I still hear that awful, grating music in my nightmares.

Nothing will ever be as bad as Joke's End due to the sheer fact that you are not required to split up and fight solo for a long time in the game.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

I semi-acccidentally opted out of receiving notifications for new swapnotes. The icon receives a little blip as usual when receiving a letter but the spotpass light no longer turns green. Is there any way to turn the function back on?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How do the eshop coins work? They get taken away when I use them on things, but I don't lose my progress towards gold or platinum?

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Kingtheninja posted:

How do the eshop coins work? They get taken away when I use them on things, but I don't lose my progress towards gold or platinum?

Correct.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Speaking of, I have 230 coins on my Club Nintendo account, but only 31 show up on eshop. I know I haven't spent them yet.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Accursed Walrus posted:

AHAHAHA the 2DS, wow. What a great Photoshop!

...gently caress, that's real?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo 3DS General Discussion - Yes, the 2DS is real.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I said come in! posted:

Speaking of, I have 230 coins on my Club Nintendo account, but only 31 show up on eshop. I know I haven't spent them yet.

Are you talking about the play coins on the 3DS? Cause those are completely different from the ones you get on Club Nintendo registering stuff.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Hungry Bit posted:

I semi-acccidentally opted out of receiving notifications for new swapnotes. The icon receives a little blip as usual when receiving a letter but the spotpass light no longer turns green. Is there any way to turn the function back on?

It is probably under "settings/options" within SwapNote itself. Load the Swapnote program up and you might have to start writing a new note. There should be an up arrow looking thing in the bottom right corner of the screen. Look for that. Dig through menus until you find something that says options and/or settings.

If it isn't there, try looking within System Settings of the 3DS itself and look for streetpass/spotpass management. The icon for System Settings on the home menu is a big wrench.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

Are you talking about the play coins on the 3DS? Cause those are completely different from the ones you get on Club Nintendo registering stuff.

Yes that's what I was talking about. I didn't realize there was a difference.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Can I friend my buddy's mii if he's using a WiiU and I have a 3DS? We're trying to do that at the moment and having a little trouble.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

I said come in! posted:

Yes that's what I was talking about. I didn't realize there was a difference.

Yeah the play coins you get for walking around with your 3ds, the eshop coins are from registering games and completing surveys.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Kingtheninja posted:

Can I friend my buddy's mii if he's using a WiiU and I have a 3DS? We're trying to do that at the moment and having a little trouble.

No, they're separate, at least for now.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So I've never played a Mega Man game. Out of the 6 (nes versions) available on the e-shop which is the best one to get? Or is there one that I should wait to get?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think most people will tell you Mega Man 2 or 3.

Mega Man 2 is personally my favorite, and probably the easiest.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

So I've never played a Mega Man game. Out of the 6 (nes versions) available on the e-shop which is the best one to get? Or is there one that I should wait to get?

2 and 5 are the easiest and 2 is the most popular by far. So get 2.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Get 2 first because its Normal mode is actually an Easy mode that will ease you into the series. A lot of people like 3 but I've always preferred 4, but definitely get 2 first.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
literally anyone that answers that question will have a different order for you, so don't bother. 1 and 6 are both kinda rear end, for different reasons, and IMO 2 has way too much bullshit and shouldn't be your first entry into the series.

Personally i like 4 the best out of the NES games, since it's the first one with sliding and charging, but 3 is a very close second (the midgame section, right after the 8 robot masters, is done really well in that one, they start phoning it in for the rest).

I really can not stress the fact that starting with 1 is the worst thing you can do enough though. It has not aged well.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I can't think of anything I'd call bullshit in 2, besides maybe some stuff that requires Crashman's weapon.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Quick Man's level. Epitome of trial-and-error right there.

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot
The block puzzle in Heat Man's stage.

e: The final boss and bubble lead.

weird fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 2, 2013

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
MEGA MAN 2. Shouldn't even be a question, that game is still the best.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Kingtheninja posted:

What do you think this is? The 2010s?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
About the Bravery Default re-release/expansion that was announced recently: JP players will have the option to purchase the EN script as DLC, which suggests that the international release will indeed be based off the expanded game and not the original.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CandyCrazy posted:

Quick Man's level. Epitome of trial-and-error right there.

It really isn't trial and error. You have enough time to react, you just have to be quick about it. It might be pretty much impossible to get all the items without foreknowledge but it's also impossible to get other items without revisiting the stage with weapons you may not have. v:shobon:v

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

AngryCaterpillar posted:

What do you think this is? The 2010s?

"Hey everyone! We've developed a portable game system that makes use of a touchscreen and stereoscopic 3D! And a home console that uses a big honkin' weird gamepad tablet and all the old already kinda weird Wii controllers!"

"But Nintendo, what about an online store/account/friends list system/ecosystem thingy that makes some goddamn sense for this console era?"

"Hey, look over there!" *throws strange but enticing dumb peripheral into crowd*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

About the Bravery Default re-release/expansion that was announced recently: JP players will have the option to purchase the EN script as DLC, which suggests that the international release will indeed be based off the expanded game and not the original.

English script, as in the voice track as well??

• Locked thread