Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
FYI $11,500 a year translates to roughly $26,900 in 2013.

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
But at 19%! You didn't even bargain with the guy!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

So did I read that right, Year One killed the possibility of Ghostbusters 3? They really should have tapped Parks and Recreation writers instead, because that show is already tonally Ghostbusters, much more so than the Office. In fact, they could have a pretty solid Ghostbusters 3 if they just retooled a P&R script. I just can decide if Ron Swanson should be played by Bill Murray or Ivan Reitman.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Murray was already pushing from the beginning of GB2 to make that the final movie. They should have stopped at GB1. The only thing I really enjoyed in the second was Lady Liberty walking and the Titanic arriving.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The best we can hope for is that they don't make another film. Murray doesn't come across as a bitter guy, just as someone who quite rightly understands that a new Ghostbusters would most likely be awful.

This, right here. Hollywood has managed to lance and kill just about every remake of every movie they've done with few exceptions.

I see a new GB movie going the way of GIJOE. It'll be a movie (very) loosely based on the original (ie "we used the same character names at some point!") full of Michael Bay explosions, futuristic looking crap and CGI junk. It won't have any character to it and be purely flat like a 2 week old uncapped bottle of soda.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 2, 2013

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

^ Murray was already pushing from the beginning of GB2 to make that the final movie. They should have stopped at GB1. The only thing I really enjoyed in the second was Lady Liberty walking and the Titanic arriving.

This, right here. Hollywood has managed to lance and kill just about every remake of every movie they've done with few exceptions.

I see a new GB movie going the way of GIJOE. It'll be a movie (very) loosely based on the original (ie "we used the same character names at some point!") full of Michael Bay explosions, futuristic looking crap and CGI junk. It won't have any character to it and be purely flat like a 2 week old uncapped bottle of soda.

Dancing Toaster, 80s rap montage, Anything involving Janos or Vigo directly, and the slime tub would like to have a word with you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MrJacobs posted:

Dancing Toaster, 80s rap montage, Anything involving Janos or Vigo directly, and the slime tub would like to have a word with you.

And more Winston.

"I'm getting my own lawyer."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

And the entire courthouse scene. More Ghostbusters is never a bad thing. If there's a GB3, and it's not any good, we can just ignore it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I just re-watched Ghostbusters and my girlfriend wondered what Venkman was doing between his 9pm date and when he shows up at the firehouse the next morning. He heads over right after he calls Egon, and it seems unlikely to me that he would have spent 6 hours trying various things before calling for help.

The only thing I could think of is maybe he had some trouble acquiring the Thorazine...but would he leave her alone for that long?

I'm completely aware that the movie is flawless and am more than willing to just go with it...just wondering if anyone had a good idea as to the timeline.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Beachcomber posted:

The only thing I could think of is maybe he had some trouble acquiring the Thorazine...but would he leave her alone for that long?

There is nothing else he could have done to calm down a sex crazed demon for that long. Nope nothing at all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lallander posted:

There is nothing else he could have done to calm down a sex crazed demon for that long. Nope nothing at all.

I know he's kind of sleazy, and the scene where he calls Egon really implies it, but I don't like interrupting the scene that way at all.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

PriorMarcus posted:

I know he's kind of sleazy, and the scene where he calls Egon really implies it, but I don't like interrupting the scene that way at all.

Dana and Tully totally gently caress on the rooftop and Ray gets a blowjob from a ghost. It's not like the movie's afraid to go there at all.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Crappy Jack posted:

Dana and Tully totally gently caress on the rooftop and Ray gets a blowjob from a ghost. It's not like the movie's afraid to go there at all.

To be fair the ghost blowjob was a dream sequence. It was left over from a cut scene that I think Aykroyd really wanted in the movie.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Looking back on it as an adult, I always thought the "thorazine" comment was just Venkman lying because he didn't feel like telling Egon he banged a demon and have to deal with the consequences.

Crappy Jack posted:

and Ray gets a blowjob from a ghost.

Do you have to yell that every time?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He doesn't rape Dana, jesus christ.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That whole section is a mess time-wise.

9pm, Venkman goes to Dana's, finds Zuul instead, goes through the possession procedure, whacks her up with about 300ccs of Thorazine.
At some concurrent point, the cops drop off Louis/Vinz Clortho at the firehouse, and Egon runs his tests. Say that takes them up to 12/1am when they finally talk over the telephone, and Venkman leaves.

Ray and Winston are out on a job, talking about the apocalypse. Both are in uniform at this point.

Early the next morning (there is orangey sunrise light everywhere and the shadows are long), Peck, the cop and the ConEd guy turn up at the firehouse. Venkman arrives by taxi moments later, still in the same clothes. Either he got the world's longest cab ride (15 minutes according to google maps for 55 Central Park west to 14 n. Moore street) or he went home for a few hours to sleep first (and GB2 says he sleeps in his clothes on occasion).

After the protection grid is shut off, Ray and Winston turn up, and now only Ray is in uniform. Winston is now wearing a checked shirt and jeans (maybe he got slimed?), which looks very much like the clothes he was hired in.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The_Doctor posted:

That whole section is a mess time-wise.

9pm, Venkman goes to Dana's, finds Zuul instead, goes through the possession procedure, whacks her up with about 300ccs of Thorazine.
At some concurrent point, the cops drop off Louis/Vinz Clortho at the firehouse, and Egon runs his tests. Say that takes them up to 12/1am when they finally talk over the telephone, and Venkman leaves.

Ray and Winston are out on a job, talking about the apocalypse. Both are in uniform at this point.

Early the next morning (there is orangey sunrise light everywhere and the shadows are long), Peck, the cop and the ConEd guy turn up at the firehouse. Venkman arrives by taxi moments later, still in the same clothes. Either he got the world's longest cab ride (15 minutes according to google maps for 55 Central Park west to 14 n. Moore street) or he went home for a few hours to sleep first (and GB2 says he sleeps in his clothes on occasion).

After the protection grid is shut off, Ray and Winston turn up, and now only Ray is in uniform. Winston is now wearing a checked shirt and jeans (maybe he got slimed?), which looks very much like the clothes he was hired in.

Let's not forget that Ray and Winston, according to the Richard Mueller novelisation, are going to Fort Detmerring when they're discussing the apocalypse. This is, in the book, where Ray has his phantom blowjob.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I hope to see some new ghostbusters merch this Halloween season. This isn't an excuse to bump the thread. Nope.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jason Funk posted:

I hope to see some new ghostbusters merch this Halloween season. This isn't an excuse to bump the thread. Nope.

There has been a comic book from IDW that's pretty loving sweet if you want some non-seasonal quality merchandise. Of course there will also be cheap order by catalogue costumes since that's about all you see in the Halloween season from the franchise.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

There has been a comic book from IDW that's pretty loving sweet if you want some non-seasonal quality merchandise. Of course there will also be cheap order by catalogue costumes since that's about all you see in the Halloween season from the franchise.

Mattel is making a particle thrower and ecto-goggles, but I don't know the release date of either. But, they exist. Or will exist. Or am existing now...

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Been waiting for a Mattel ecto goggles. I love the pke meter and trap

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The ectogoggles came out in August, and "sold out"*. The proton gun is yet to come. Possibly November/December.

* as much as anything 'sells out' on Mattycollector. The PKE meter has sold out so many times, and then it'll quietly reappear back in stock again on the site.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
drat, I still have my first prop build Ectogoggles. But I'm all geared up and ready for Halloween.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I too am ready for Halloween.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 30, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Cage posted:

Oh my god, I think my copies of those are all in a box in my parents' house somewhere.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Future Cinema in London are doing a Ghostbusters themed Halloween event!

Turning an abandoned hotel into the Sedgewick and having a big interactive theatre experience. These things are loving ACE, and though it's about £50 a ticket it's well worth it. I'd highly advise anyone in London to check it out:

Here's how they did The Shawshank Redemption recently, which should give you an idea of the scale of these things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRvkQsgzCM

Tickets on sale this Friday! Yessss.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cage posted:

How did you find my childhood photos???

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Cage posted:

I wish I still had that stuff, I'd wear it for Halloween as an adult. I WOULD MAKE IT FIT.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Even as a kid I knew that foam thing looked nothing like a proton stream and I refused to use it. That sound it made and my imagination were enough.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Basebf555 posted:

Even as a kid I knew that foam thing looked nothing like a proton stream and I refused to use it. That sound it made and my imagination were enough.
Youre supposed to hit your sister with it, because shes a ghost. Thats why mine had a bunch of scotch tape where the foam met the plastic.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Turning an abandoned hotel into the Sedgewick and having a big interactive theatre experience. These things are loving ACE, and though it's about £50 a ticket it's well worth it. I'd highly advise anyone in London to check it out:

Here's how they did The Shawshank Redemption recently, which should give you an idea of the scale of these things:

Why must these thing's always come about when I have no money, I would kill to get to this thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

I'm positive they did that on purpose, so you'd have two reasons to buy the second one that came with the wavy green foam beam. (The other reason is that it had a crank you could turn to make the wavy beam spin around and that poo poo is incredible when you're five.)

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I am so ready for this.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Got 2 tickets for Halloween, £38ea isn't too bad. Can't wait!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Got my two for Halloween as well!

They're not sold out yet if anyone wants to grab one:

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/future-cinema-presents-ghostbusters#tour

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Only one ticket arrived by email though... do they come separately?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

echoplex posted:

Only one ticket arrived by email though... do they come separately?

I got a two page pdf with my tickets in it.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
Sadly, I'm in the US so I don't get the chance to go to that.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

SublimeDelusions posted:

Sadly, I'm in the US so I don't get the chance to go to that.

If you are ever in NYC, look up Sleep No More. It's a similar thing, but based on Shakespeare instead of a movie.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

So the cool as hell stuff for the Future Cinema Ghostbusters websites are up:

http://nyeveningpost.com/ghostbusters.html

http://futurecinema.co.uk/Students.html

http://nyeveningpost.com/ (doesn't appear to work in Chrome - but be sure to check out the excellent radio station.)

http://nyeveningpost.com/cuipa.html

http://nyeveningpost.com/magazine.html

http://futurecinema.co.uk/newyorkfashiongala.html

This is going to be so loving cool.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That was a great night. I wrote an article about it here:

http://www.londoncitynights.com/2013/11/future-cinema-presents-ghostbusters-at.html

Here's some pics:

• Locked thread