Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

A good chunk of that 'traditional' Scottish stuff was invented in the 18th and 19th centuries for uninvolved noblemen to jerk off over so actually the correct time to wear a kilt is most likely never.

I'd be willing to believe the kilt was invented both figuratively and literally to jack off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

AgentSythe posted:

This could be a pretty cool class, given that the professor had the expertise to treat and present the material with the same seriousness and require the same analysis that are required in like an American Lit class or something. Also, you'd have to find some way to ban the horrible weaboos that would want to spend the entire class talking about how Japanese women are better because they are "more docile and obedient."

Isn't that the truth. My alma mater had a Japanese pop culture class, but it was a 300 level course that required actual translation.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

A good chunk of that 'traditional' Scottish stuff was invented in the 18th and 19th centuries for uninvolved noblemen to jerk off over so actually the correct time to wear a kilt is most likely never.

Wouldn't they be jacking off under?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

skander posted:

Wouldn't they be jacking off under?

If they were a Stuart they would jack a bit.

For my actions in the fall of Saigon I was awarded the Purple Dong.

Noblesse Obliged has a new favorite as of 01:32 on Sep 3, 2013

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I'm sorry do we live on Jupiter now? What even the gently caress?!

Nothing in this thread has angered me quite like this one.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Noblesse Obliged posted:

If they were a Stuart they would jack a bit.
*golf clap*

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Surely she's blind, and someone told her that paper said something else.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

As a real life Scottish person who lives in Scotland, utilikilts disgust me.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

:ssh: Guys I think this might be what people call A Joke.

BONUS ROUND
Feb 9, 2007

:catdrugs:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_kilt

:confused:

And I mean a 300 year old tradition still seems pretty valid even if its origins are kinda dubious.

I could live comfortably in a world where kilts were universally frowned upon, though. I work as a wedding photographer in Las Vegas and I have shot many weddings for couples visiting from Scotland and I have seen more penises because of kilts than any person deserves to be unwillingly subjected to.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

She doesn't belong here, she owns.

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!

platedlizard posted:

:ssh: Guys I think this might be what people call A Joke.

Well jokes are supposed to be funny or at least witty. She fails on both accounts = awkward and/or ugly.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Are those people in pony suits humping in front of loving children, or is it a really poorly timed picture?

What in the actual gently caress. WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT STOP IT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

ThatPazuzu posted:

She doesn't belong here, she owns.

I saw one of her images out of context and it made me really mad that someone could be that conceited. But then when I learned there was a whole series she became one of my favorite people on the internet (and they all still make me laugh).

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How much semen and other stains were poorly photoshopped off the walls?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

two forty posted:

Are those people in pony suits humping in front of loving children, or is it a really poorly timed picture?

What in the actual gently caress. WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT STOP IT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Fortunately it's the latter. It's kinda hard to move around in those suits I bet. That and the fact that the actors' legs are in the forelegs leaving the hind legs looking like dangling vestigial limbs makes the performance a pretty awkward watch.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Cerony posted:

Fortunately it's the latter. It's kinda hard to move around in those suits I bet. That and the fact that the actors' legs are in the forelegs leaving the hind legs looking like dangling vestigial limbs makes the performance a pretty awkward watch.

No true Scotsman goes around in a silly skirt.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

What the gently caress :gonk:

I first noticed the kids and I was disgusted that they would be left alone to watch whatever is going on the stage.

Then I saw the parents all watching along with their kids. With some taking pictures. :stonklol:

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I know all of those fedoras are probably meticulously placed, but it's much more amusing to me to imagine that right before he took this picture, a cloud of bad hat fashion rained down on him.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Which McPoyle brother/sister is this?

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Personally I prefer Pam Poovey's rasta phase.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Here's a classic. Enjoy this daytime cyber-goth underpass rave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_IGuUsqJwQ

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

She's not joking; this is communismkills, an anti-SJW libertarian youtuber and tumblr user. She's a reprehensible poo poo.

Even so, it's sad people make "lol tranny" jokes about her, though; that poo poo's uncalled for. :smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TinTower posted:

She's not joking; this is communismkills, an anti-SJW libertarian youtuber and tumblr user. She's a reprehensible poo poo.

So she's not joking, but she's mocking her ideological opponents in a reductio ad absurdum? Either way, she's not seriously suggesting that STIs are a "badge of honor," just trying to suggest that those evil feminists think they are?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Shouldn't "not dying of a preventable disease because you're intelligent enough to use condoms" be a bigger badge of honor?

I hesitated on the last one, but no, it's pretty awkward.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Man, I don't remember this part of Twin Peaks.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

Man, I don't remember this part of Twin Peaks.

Maybe it was part of the movie? I never saw it.

"This Is Thin Priviledge posted:

tw: panic attack, childhood obesity
i hate sport. we all do. it’s tedious, and joints burns, and hearts race, it’s really quite unpleasant.

but that’s not why I hate sport.

see, when you thin person say ‘you hate sport’, you mean what is said above.

when I say i hate sport, i mean the last time i participated for fun and amusement, i was bleeding and choking and everyone laughed.

it was a short cross-country race around the school. everyone was there, teachers, students, their families, everyone.
i had the bad luck of being fat and slow. short sprints? fine, i’m one of the fastest. weight lifting? i have the weight, strength and patience for it. hockey? i was good. endurance running? not so lucky.

they jeered and laughed and mocked me to run faster. i did. i couldn’t breathe. i panicked. i fell before i could finish the second lap and hyperventilated. all they did was laugh, and shake their heads, and make pig noises and fake crying and comparing me to Tall Thin Kid Three Grades Above Me and insult me. but they probably thought it was encouraging.
i was in a french school abroad, my parents don’t speak french, so they didn’t know what was happening. the words “stand up fatso, don’t be so lazy, stop pretending, do you want everyone to know you’re a fat lazy hippo” were said in an ncouraging tune with a smile on their faces.

and i was still on my knees, which bled and were caked with dirt and leave, unable to breathe, unable to think, panicking, choking, fighting for my life i couldn’t breathe and no one helped.

i broke. i shouted at them to shut the gently caress up, why don’t you all go die, i want you dead, i want you burning alive and dead. because that was how i felt. that is how i still feel. i don’t regret insulting them. i don’t regret getting detention. i don’t regret my friends being afraid of me, i don’t regret being left alone for the next two years.
they certainly didn’t regret leaving me in the middle of the crowd having a panic attack. being alone before changing school (and country) was the best thing to happen to me. it’s the only time i got peace.

so you see, when i say i hate sport, and you reply yeah me too, don’t be surprised when i snort, and walk away when you start with yeah but it’s good for you, so i do it.

Sport wasn’t good for me. it was never good for me. and seeing as how i hyperventilate just at the word, it will never be “good for me”.

[while i’m at it: i notice my submissions get more notes than i see. that’s because i blocked those jerks. thanks to new tumblr policy, you may be able to see anything i submit in other blogs/what other blogs reblog, but i’ll never be able to see you. one of the wonderful things that bring me peace.]

TAGS: thin privilege health healthism fat discrimination fat children childhood obesity body policing trigger warning submission

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Hey man, you gotta have some donburi, you gotta get that donburi.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

This is incomplete without the video. It is only a small fraction of what there is to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

That woman is the official english voice actress of that character, by the way. But she's still weird.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

I've seen this one a million times but my favorite part is that some of these dudes are sitting in the back rows because DOLLS are hogging up the good seats. Wouldn't want your goddamn doll to miss part of the show.

Imagine showing up late and having to stand - would you ask one of the other creeps to put his doll on the loving floor so you could sit?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

tiananman posted:

I've seen this one a million times but my favorite part is that some of these dudes are sitting in the back rows because DOLLS are hogging up the good seats. Wouldn't want your goddamn doll to miss part of the show.

Imagine showing up late and having to stand - would you ask one of the other creeps to put his doll on the loving floor so you could sit?

Every dude there is with a doll.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

Every dude there is with a doll.

I love the tiers you can see. I wonder if the guys with the cartoony ones get teased by the ones that look like shiny catatonic patients.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Posted this on FB with a mocking comment (tech bubble, get out of my city, blah blah) http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/These-young-SF-professionals-choose-to-live-in-RVs-4778625.php#photo-5120212

and then a fellow goon on my friend's list pointed out that that is this guy: http://www.pualingo.com/pua-profiles/herbal-tynan/

HOW EMBARASSING.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Liz Lemon would be proud.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Takanago posted:

This is incomplete without the video. It is only a small fraction of what there is to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

That woman is the official english voice actress of that character, by the way. But she's still weird.

Was she always crazy or did anime make her that way

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I wish I'd gotten a picture, but I saw a green mini the other day with a massive Slytherin decal and a license plated that was like "IAMSNAPE" or something like that.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Posted this on FB with a mocking comment (tech bubble, get out of my city, blah blah) http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/These-young-SF-professionals-choose-to-live-in-RVs-4778625.php#photo-5120212

and then a fellow goon on my friend's list pointed out that that is this guy: http://www.pualingo.com/pua-profiles/herbal-tynan/

HOW EMBARASSING.

A man in a blue and black polka-dotted fedora with a peacock feather and a dead look in his eye approaches an attractive woman. "Hey, there. I didn't think anyone could pull that hairstyle off, but it looks tolerable on you. What's your name?" As she answers "Melissa", he possessively lays a greasy hand on her shoulder. "well, Melissa, Did you see my article in the newspaper this weekend? No, Melissa? Well, Melissa, I have a copy of it in my luxury modular apartment in the Castro district, would you, Melissa, like to come back to my place, Melissa, to have a cup of tea and to read and discuss it, Melissa?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

tiananman posted:

Also notice the segregation. The newbie guy in the back is doing it wrong.

Only realdolls (TM) on the right!

• Locked thread