Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

Look at this loving thing! I will be the best uncle ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZjAsfgsXDU

EDIT: poo poo my little sisters would probably have a blast with something like this too.

Who do we petition to get a MP Grimlock reissue that says "I'M A BIPED! I WALK ON TWO LEGS!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phy posted:

e: Man, pachycephalosaurus got the poo poo end of the stick for naming in its clade. "King dragon." "Demon from the River Styx." "Thick-headed lizard."

Well if it makes you feel any better, one of those are now thought to be the younger version of a larger pachycephalosaur that was probably already named.

But, yes I actually kinda want one of these. I'm partial to that ankylosaur. There should really be an ankylosaur Transformers if there isn't one already.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's an Ankylo drone that comes with PCC Dinopope, but he turns into a leg. I don't know if it counts.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Look at these plebs who don't know about beast wars neo

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bazooka_(BWN)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I love Beast Wars Neo toys and have most of them, but their transformations have the weirdest "feel" out of any line. I would love to give everyone in this thread a Bazooka and see what they think. Then Break.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I love Beast Wars Neo toys and have most of them, but their transformations have the weirdest "feel" out of any line. I would love to give everyone in this thread a Bazooka and see what they think. Then Break.

I've always thought Break was pretty awesome, but that might be because I really like penguins.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Hasbro/Paramount have filed for trademarks for "Age of Extinction", leading people to believe that's the title for Transformers 4.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...demarks-178331/

One of the other trademarks filed under the video game category reveal some sort of spoiler which I didn't read.

Edit: I looked at Seibertron's article about the same news and the "spoiler" was not spoiler text, and it's interesting, but if it's only in the video game domain and not the movie itself, I'd be ok with that.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 2, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So that's what, another point towards it being a Dinobot-centric movie?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arsenal_12 posted:

I've always thought Break was pretty awesome, but that might be because I really like penguins.

I'm torn, because my fiancee tolerates my TF habit, she loves penguins, but she hates frustration.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

404GoonNotFound posted:

So that's what, another point towards it being a Dinobot-centric movie?

That and the fact that they finally admitted the Dinobots are in it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Going back over MTMTE and I cannot get Brandon Keener's voice out of my head for Cyclonus. Not just because he's a bro, but because his upper mandible has been drawn so very, very Turian-ish.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Oh good, they can make those instead of making classic dinobots, hooray. Hasbro is really skilled at making stuff instead of classic dinobots, but these are dinobots, so it'll be real nailbiter.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Dinobots are one of the few groups of Transformers that might appreciate being made into movieverse, since they're all jagged and metallic to begin with. Unfortunately the design cues they'd appreciate are on the Decepticon side so who knows what they're going to end up looking like.

Phy posted:

Going back over MTMTE and I cannot get Brandon Keener's voice out of my head for Cyclonus. Not just because he's a bro, but because his upper mandible has been drawn so very, very Turian-ish.
That's a really solid voice choice.

On that note I am really hoping Cyclonus beats down Star Sabre, given the shot of him quite angry at Dai Atlas' death but unfortunately I think Roberts wasted too much of the five issues to give that any real time :( And then we're off to Dark Cybertron, toot toot. (Admittedly a real IDW crossover is way more exciting than the shoveled poo poo the Big 2 books produce)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

Ha I could see/hear that. The little moment where he's teaching Tailgate to speak old Cybertronian: "Heh. No." is very Garrus.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Yeah thats how I hear him too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Now i read Cyclonus as Garrus too. Thanks, guys.

They have Sandstorm and Springer at the Targets in the north Chicagoland area. Got sandstorm because those VTOL engines look badass in robot mode. I don't really like the actual VTOL mode, though the dune buggy is pretty good. I get the feeling that I could transform it better, though, because in vehicle modes there are little gaps and things aren't quite flush.

Hs gun kind of sucks compared to Springsr's weapons.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Would anyone like to buy some of my TF figures before I try eBay? Heading back to University so it's time to clear out sadly:

Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar (still in packaging)
Generations Deluxe Straxus/Darmount
Animated Leader Megatron
Animated Deluxe Jetfire and Jetstorm
Animated Deluxe Sentinel Prime
Animated Deluxe Lockdown (black version)
Animated Deluxe Soundwave (original blue version)
Animated Voyager Blitzwing
Animated Voyager Wreck-gar
Animated Voyager Shockwave
Generations Deluxe Laser Prime

Will be shipping from the UK so would need to sort out shipping, go ahead and make an offer. Pretty sure I can find instructions for most of them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Would anyone like to buy some of my TF figures before I try eBay? Heading back to University so it's time to clear out sadly:

Animated Leader Megatron

Will be shipping from the UK so would need to sort out shipping, go ahead and make an offer. Pretty sure I can find instructions for most of them.

Megatron is tempting. What are we looking at, vaguely speaking? talk to me at fortezeluxe at gmail dot com

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Also, I have a Reveal the Shield Axor still in packaging if anyone is interested.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
MP Soundwave arrived today, hurrah! As great as he is, I think I'm actually more impressed by the tapes as it goes, Lazerbeak in particular just boggles my mind the way they've gotten such a perfect representation out of a tiny sodding rectangle. Speaking of whom, I very nervously and gently coaxed the thruster fins up into place after an earlier poster's unfortunate tale of woe where they snapped theirs off the very first time. drat those things are scarily stiff.

Looking at the gang chilling out on a shelf, it suddenly occurred to me we've already gotten the entire original set of Decepticons in MP form. Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Megatron*, Soundwave and co...yet still so many Autobots to get through. Surprising really, was always under the impression the 'cons weren't as popular.

* Yeah, it needs a newer version but still, we did get one

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'd be interested in this, I need more bearded robots shout me at attackships at gmail dot com

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I finally opened my Blitzwang. Holy poo poo, how did this pass QC? Aside from the shoulder issues, the limbs were all stiff enough that I thought I was going to break them. The paint on his upper arm is already scratched (that whole paintjob looks like someone had a go with their Humbrol enamel paints) and I haven't actually done anything. The missile doesn't want to click into his tank barrel. His faces won't turn. He's just so stiff all over, and he's not fun. The whole toy is lacking in fun.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I finally opened my Blitzwang. Holy poo poo, how did this pass QC? Aside from the shoulder issues, the limbs were all stiff enough that I thought I was going to break them. The paint on his upper arm is already scratched (that whole paintjob looks like someone had a go with their Humbrol enamel paints) and I haven't actually done anything. The missile doesn't want to click into his tank barrel. His faces won't turn. He's just so stiff all over, and he's not fun. The whole toy is lacking in fun.

The face thing is a pretty easy fix, and though I haven't tried the shoulders fix, everyone says its easy too.

You can probably loosen the screws a hair and work the limbs back and forth to loosen them up.

Or say screw it to all that and return him and take your chances with the takara release

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Buckle your seatbelts, folks, non-stop white-knuckle thrill ride incoming.

Finally, The Happening will no longer be Mark Wahlberg's worst film.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael Bay will always be better than Shyamalan, yo. At least the guy can still film things that looks nice, and Shyamalan never inspired anybody like Neil Blomkamp or Christopher Nolan.

By the way, the title has been confirmed to be Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Michael Bay will always be better than Shyamalan, yo.

That is such a low bar as to be barely perceptible in difference. Bay's cynical contempt for the audience makes him worse in my book, though.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Keldroc posted:

thats the biggest vacuum cleaner I've ever seen

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Keldroc posted:

That is such a low bar as to be barely perceptible in difference. Bay's cynical contempt for the audience makes him worse in my book, though.

Yeah as much of a misfire as M. Night has become, he at least strove for something with his films.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Goldskull posted:

I'd be interested in this, I need more bearded robots shout me at attackships at gmail dot com

I had someone aproach me ahead of you, you get first refusal if they don't want to go ahead.

For those that asked, it seems sending a 7 ounce (200mg) deluxe class is about £5 ($8?) normally and £10($15?) tracked and insured, taking 4-5 days. Leader Magatron will be more like £7.20 and £12.60.

I also have an Animated Grimlock and an incomplete Cybertron Starscream, so the full list is:

Animated Leader Megatron
Animated Voyager Grimlock
Cybertron Voyager Starscream (instructions, rear fins, key and gun missing)

Has anyone shipped a packaged deluxe blister before? Trying to figure our how best to package it them, I don't think they sell suitably sized boxes.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 4, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Woah woah woah, are they riding INSIDE a Dinobot? That doesn't look like a Helicopter cockpit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

Woah woah woah, are they riding INSIDE a Dinobot? That doesn't look like a Helicopter cockpit.

It's one of the Decepticon gunships from the previous film apparently.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

DULL SURPRISE!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Man I am already bored by this movie. At least the title doesn't sound like someone trying to talk while having a stroke (for the first time since 2007).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

It's one of the Decepticon gunships from the previous film apparently.

I bet the US military retrofitted the hard data from the Decepticon processing folds and reverse engineered the Gunships main control terminals which were what Project MOGUL was really about.

I bet that's going to be an actual line in the movie.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The idea of the US army building Dinobot mechs really amuses me. I love the idea of some general sitting around in the pentagon going "gently caress yeah! Our troops piloting robot dinosaurs! gently caress practicality, that's loving awesome! Besides, the shareholders over at General Dynamics think this is a fantastic idea, too and handed me this briefcase full of cash so I'd give it my blessing." The US Government then spends untold billions of taxpayer dollars to make said dino-tanks, which in practice are walking death traps that are huge targets for terrorists with RPGs and will topple over and explode for no good reason.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

The idea of the US army building Dinobot mechs really amuses me. I love the idea of some general sitting around in the pentagon going "gently caress yeah! Our troops piloting robot dinosaurs! gently caress practicality, that's loving awesome! Besides, the shareholders over at General Dynamics think this is a fantastic idea, too and handed me this briefcase full of cash so I'd give it my blessing." The US Government then spends untold billions of taxpayer dollars to make said dino-tanks, which in practice are walking death traps that are huge targets for terrorists with RPGs and will topple over and explode for no good reason.

The G1 backstory was that Wheeljack used Autobot resources to build the Dinobots because....

The comic one was the only one that made any sense, Shockwave braindamages a bunch of Autobots and makes them his experiments.

Also it's a myth that walking vehicles would topple over under heavy fire, John Deere made some magic tree cutting robot that doesn't do that. It's designed to pillage trees while also surviving assorted fire from groups of South American rebels.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm going to love watching a movie where the US Military has reverse-engineered Decepticon weaponry and not only will Optimus probably be totally cool with it because "It's their right to be prepared" or blah-blah some poo poo, but also the fact that this would obviously be enormously catastrophic for the balance of power around the world will probably be ignored in favor of "Look how cool the Army is NOW!"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The entire plotline to Macross was that the United nations(they really mean America because we're the only ones who have extra aircraft carriers to spare) finds alien technology and repurposes it to our use.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

WendigoJohnson posted:

The G1 backstory was that Wheeljack used Autobot resources to build the Dinobots because....

The comic one was the only one that made any sense, Shockwave braindamages a bunch of Autobots and makes them his experiments.

Also it's a myth that walking vehicles would topple over under heavy fire, John Deere made some magic tree cutting robot that doesn't do that. It's designed to pillage trees while also surviving assorted fire from groups of South American rebels.

I was more making a joke about the military\industrial complex than walking tanks, although if the army had Zakus or Scopedogs that would honestly be kind of awesome. (Albeit still impractical as you could just remote control them.)

However, bipedal robots do LEGITIMATELY have a lot of trouble standing and walking, and would probably topple over stuff and have trip getting back up. It's difficult to make them at a small size, imagine making big ones with people in them. Quadrupedal robots like the Big Dog do fine, but as far as bipeds go, I believe Petman is the best we have, and he's not perfect yet. Making a big petman and putting a soldier inside would probably be a really bad idea. A lot of robots have trouble getting up stairs consistently, let alone a battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

Making a big petman and putting a soldier inside would probably be a really bad idea.

For direct combat probably, but for unloading/equipment transport it would probably be ideal.

Also any guesses to what Voyager Rinox will be retooled/repainted into? Grimlock became BW Megatron but I think Rhinox is going to go the other way and be a G1 guy. With a new head he could easily be Horri-bull or any of the Horrorcons/Monsterbots. Deluxe waspinator could easily easily pass as Repugnus. The last repungus figure was a repaint of the Fuzors Insect Lizard Guy and Waspinator colored red and yellow looks like Repugnus in robot mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 4, 2013